Texas won the national championship!!! OMG OMG!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

braz
and im from texas! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

KidX
...yay.

-hh-
my friend lost $800 laughing no laughing

Tptmanno1
800??
Daaamn!
Guy musta been Crying!

KidX
Originally posted by -hh-
my friend lost 0 laughing no laughing Shit.

-hh-
Originally posted by KidX
Shit. no expression

you changed your name...i know this loss has really hurt you hasn't it no

stick out tongue

KidX
Originally posted by -hh-
no expression

you changed your name...i know this loss has really hurt you hasn't it no

stick out tongue laughing That cracked me up inexplicably.

Dr. Strangelove
Awesome, awesome game. I'm not a big college football fan, but the bowl games were great this year. Young could be what everyone envisioned Michael Vick might of been if he panned out.

And............USC lost!evil face

-UCLA fan smokin'

forumcrew
young is more a mcnabb or cullpeper then a vick, his running skills arnt half of what vick has but he is a much better passer. Bush only had 12 carries that seems to low to me and is the first thing id look at in the loss. 4th and 1 you give him the ball not a QB sneak or Lendell as hes a beast in the RZ. Overall the USC D had a chance to win it for a change and they failed.

and please dont forget the TD texas got on vince youngs little pitch well after his knee was down.. that was a HORRIBLE call. Its really a shame. Im not a fan of either team but id of liked to see USC keep the streak alive and that was a horrible call and you never know how it may have changed it all.

oh shat i also forgot the fumble by texas that USC recovered in the 4th when Texas was down that was rulled an incomplete pass instead... total BS reffing

Myth
Great game. I was one of the few rooting for Texas in my group of about 25 people watching.

WrathfulDwarf
Big Congrats to the Longhorns in their victory! What a heck of a game! One of the best rose bowls game ever. And forget Reggie....the spotlight should be all over Vince Young. That kid is NFL Caliber!

botankus
White played a heck of a game, too - and even outplayed Bush in most respects - but all the glory should go to the orange and white.

forumcrew
reggie still had over 200 yards in the game guys... and texas had 2 huge questionable calls.. im stickin with reggie being the best player out there and leinart the bette QB, vince young's style wont translate exactly to the NFL and he is going to be a lot more injury prone.

Smasandian
I think if Vince Young tried to run like that all the time in the NFL, he's going to get wacked sooner or later.

But still, he played an amazing game, so i'll give him credit. Probably be a first overall next year.

Interesting question?
Should Texans tried away the pick for more picks?

Because the Texans need help in defense and offensive line.

BobbyD
Kudos to the Longhorns...wanted to see a great game, and I got it.

forumcrew
texans should trade away the pick 100% they have a good QB and a good RB that #1 pick will not help them. They need to trade down and get an O-line and then get D. The only way I would use the #1 pick is to take Bush if they see something really special in him. This is only because they can use him on special team and at WR until he is fully ready to take over at RB for Davis and they can then trade Davis for picks/players. The only issue there is you need a second back with Bush specificly someone who is big with power between the tackles.

DanZeke25
Originally posted by forumcrew
young is more a mcnabb or cullpeper then a vick, his running skills arnt half of what vick has but he is a much better passer. Bush only had 12 carries that seems to low to me and is the first thing id look at in the loss. 4th and 1 you give him the ball not a QB sneak or Lendell as hes a beast in the RZ. Overall the USC D had a chance to win it for a change and they failed.

and please dont forget the TD texas got on vince youngs little pitch well after his knee was down.. that was a HORRIBLE call. Its really a shame. Im not a fan of either team but id of liked to see USC keep the streak alive and that was a horrible call and you never know how it may have changed it all.

oh shat i also forgot the fumble by texas that USC recovered in the 4th when Texas was down that was rulled an incomplete pass instead... total BS reffing

Alright listen, i know that his knee was down and it shouldn't have been a toushdown, but it was still a first down and they were at the 12 yard line. Who's to say they still wouldn't have scored? And the incomplete pass, i dont know. Could've went either way.

And I was rooting for USC too.

I never heard of Vince Young until now, and I love him. I hope he enters the draft this year but i have a feeling he will stay. Hopefully not.

The Texans will draft Bush 1st. I would bet. The Saints will pick either Leinart or Young. If they don't pick Young, then where will he go? Maybe the Titans 3rd cause McNair is getting old. But if the Titans don't pick him, the rest of the teams dont really need a QB. And he wont enter the draft unless he is top 5.

forumcrew
well i agree with the fact that they still would have likely scored but remember they scored to take the lead with 20 some seconds... had he been ruled down the clock would have ran more and theyd of had to run atleast 1 more play which means they likely would have not had time to do everything they did. You never do know how it would have changed the game, but its just the fact that Texas was given a pretty huge gift with those calls.

I actually got my first glimpse of Young last year at the end of the year I remember watching his Rose Bowl game last year and I was like Holy Sh*t this kis is AMAZING. I do think hes a great talent and should be good in the NFL. And I think they played well and I dont want to take away from Texas I just still fell USC is the better team and deserved that win and should have won ah well. I dont think the Titans will take a QB would be a bit of a waste with Volek there. The Saints are the only top 5 draft teams that really need a QB but several teams could stand to trade up to a top spot to take one *cough* BALTIMORE *Cough* lol

Smasandian
Originally posted by DanZeke25
Alright listen, i know that his knee was down and it shouldn't have been a toushdown, but it was still a first down and they were at the 12 yard line. Who's to say they still wouldn't have scored? And the incomplete pass, i dont know. Could've went either way.

How many times have you seen on where a team gets a TD, but its called back for any reason, and then they dont actually score that TD.
It shouldnt of counted.
Good example, was the game against the 49ers and Cowboys this season.
An 49er player had the ball and was going towards the endzone. Fujuita and Shanle of the Cowboys tackled him on the 1 yard line. Because of that tackle, the Cowboys stopped the 49ers the next 3 plays, which resulted in an field goals.
Turns out the score at the end of the game was 34-31. If they scored that TD, the 49ers would be leading 35-34. Little plays like that counts, especially if its a miscall for a TD. Who said Young would of thrown an interception, or a fumble or maybe USC actually stopped them and the guy who missed 2 field goals, would of missed. USC would of won then. ( All speculation, obviously)

DanZeke25
Originally posted by Smasandian
How many times have you seen on where a team gets a TD, but its called back for any reason, and then they dont actually score that TD.
It shouldnt of counted.
An 49er player had the ball and was going towards the endzone. Fujuita and Shanle of the Cowboys tackled him on the 1 yard line. Because of that tackle, the Cowboys stopped the 49ers the next 3 plays, which resulted in an field goals.
Turns out the score at the end of the game was 34-31. If they scored that TD, the 49ers would be leading 35-34. Little plays like that counts, especially if its a miscall for a TD. Who said Young would of thrown an interception, or a fumble or maybe USC actually stopped them and the guy who missed 2 field goals, would of missed. USC would of won then. ( All speculation, obviously)

I know. I'm just saying, people automatically assume that they aren't going to score. And who's to say they wouldn't have scored the way Vince Young was running the whole game. USC couldnt stop him.

I am not saying Texas is the better team either. USC is the better team, but they did not play as good as they usually do. Especially Reggie Bush. And again, I wanted USC to win, I'm just saying....

botankus
Originally posted by Smasandian
Turns out the score at the end of the game was 34-31. If they scored that TD, the 49ers would be leading 35-34.

I think by keeping the score that close with the 49ers, the Cowboys should have automatically been awarded a loss. stick out tongue j/k

Smasandian
Oh shut up you.
Hahaha.

PINBALL
It was amazing USC totally blew it i thought it was hilarious to see all the USC players mopin around and the Texas guys goin crazy. I hate USC never really cared about Texas except my neighbor likes USC if i was drafting I would take Vince over Reggie. Reggie will have no were near the succes he does now because he will be going up guys who can actually tackle a guy. Vince will still do good because he has both a run and pass game Reggie has just the run so nobody will be fooled by him unlike Vince

alic88
Originally posted by forumcrew
texans should trade away the pick 100% they have a good QB and a good RB that #1 pick will not help them. They need to trade down and get an O-line and then get D. The only way I would use the #1 pick is to take Bush if they see something really special in him. This is only because they can use him on special team and at WR until he is fully ready to take over at RB for Davis and they can then trade Davis for picks/players. The only issue there is you need a second back with Bush specificly someone who is big with power between the tackles.

yes david carr is a good enough quarterback only that he gotten sacked 200 times because texans havent got a good o-line the houston texans. dominic davis has had 3 good years as a running back, and the texans dont need bush, they have got the best kick returner right now jerome mathis that guy's amazing.

PINBALL
They could afford to trade up get a little bit later first rounder and some more picks because they dont need Bush Leinhart Young while other teams would give up some good picks for the #1 pick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.