NAS APPRECIATION THREAD!!! (hiphop headz enter!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pointinel
*CHEA!*

Nasir Jones aka Nas aka the GOAT aka esco....

give props to one of the greatest MCs to ever do it....

Ill come back later to do some breakdown on nas' lyrics.

Let's get this Started!

Pointinel
sorry if i had to bail out... i wanted to do a breakdown on the world is yours song but im just too damn tired.

holla @ you dudes tomorrow.

-hh-
Nas has released one of the greatest hip hop albums of all time...which is Illmatic

http://www.lyrics.com/n/nas/illmatic.jpg

it's easily in my top 5.

Pointinel

Pointinel
edit: 2x post

Pointinel
before i give my breakdown on the lyrics of 'The World is Yours' i just want you to know that my opinions arent necessarily correct, maybe nas meant something deeper or i got the line all mixed up, but i will try my best to provide my interpretation of the lyrics. another thing, please dont jack what i write here and post it on sohh or allhiphop.com then claim it to be from you. i put a lot of thinking on this so please respect my effort. =)

The World is Yours - Nas, Illmatic (1994)

I sip the Dom P, watchin Gandhi til I'm charged
^he was basically givin props to Ghandi, it sounds like he's taking Ghandi's sacrifices as inspiration or fuel to perform his task (writing,composing)

Then writin in my book of rhymes, all the words pass the margin
^ahh, the INFAMOUS 'book of rhymes,' hiphop heads know that nas prefers writing his songs rather than just coming off the dome. Margins are used so that our composition whether it be legal letter, class paper or whatever can have order or to make them look proper or aligned. here it seems that 'margin' is a metaphor for goal or expectation and nas' is saying his rhymes go way beyond his own (since it is usually the author who creates the margin) expectaions and goals.

To hold the mic I'm throbbin, mechanical movement
^nas is hungry, he loves the art of MCing... that's why he is excited to grab the mic and spit that ill shit. but even tho he is nervous he still gets at it scientifically.. mechanical movement.. never fretting or moving recklessly.

Understandable smooth shit that murderers move wit
^means that his words are in codes that 'bad guys' understand or perform theyre tasks with. "smooth" means it will cause no confusion between the person who are saying it and the person who is receiving the message.

The thief's theme, play me at night, they won't act right
^means that this song is not for those who are 'well to do' or people who live on bigass cribs. this is for the people who are striving to get the things that they dont have aka a "thief"... but not necessarily by stealing, it could mean either by hustling or just working their asses off. (very clever since its entitled 'the world is yours') The "night" part seems to say that this track provides an effect if it is played during the time a person is "feeling down" or "cant see the light" (night), as if it provides inspirition, shit i dont know smile.

The fiend of hip-hop has got me stuck like a crack pipe
^nas is saying that hiphop got him. he is now addicted to mcing like a dopefiend is addicted to crack. hes now stuck in the game and the only way of leaving it is either by death or being broke (or rehabilitaion smile)

The mind activation, react like I'm facin time like
'Pappy' Mason with pens I'm embracin
^CRAAAZY WORDPLAY! pappy mason is a drug kingpin in Ny (i dunno if hes from QB or not)who is currently servin sentence when illmatic dropped. "with pens im embracin" means that pappy may be literally embracin the pens (penitentiary) while nas is embracin the fact that he is lyrically talented and has this incredible ability to write this ill lines.

Wipe the sweat off my dome, spit the phlegm on the streets
Suede Timb's on my feets, makes my cypher, complete
^nas is giving us visual images of how he acts, perform or dress in the streets.'sweat' and 'phlegm' are considered as wastes or excess of the human body, he is saying that he never lets this things stay in his body for too long... he disposes any unwanted parts immediately. the 'timbs' line is pretty self explanatory. in NY Timberlands are protocol... it's a MUST, hes saying there is a certain dress code and he fulfills it carefully.

Whether crusin in a Sikh's cab, or Montero Jeep
I can't call it, the beats make me fallin asleep
^this one im not quite sure of. but to me it seems that whatever place he goes to, the music that he hears on the radio or boombox are boring or 'always puttin him to sleep' which is kinda hard to comprehend since 86-96 is the golden era of hiphop. but it also says "i cant call it" so he doesnt really know whats the reason, maybe its just a hint that hiphop is missing an ingredient... NaS.

I keep fallin, but never fallin six feet deep
^means that nas had his own share of failures. to 'keep falling' one must rise from the fall. thats basically what nas is saying... that with every failure he encounters on the way he manages to rise up and continue on the path and continue on living.

I'm out for presidents to represent me (Say what?)
I'm out for presidents to represent me (Say what?)
I'm out for dead presidents to represent me
^classic line 4 real! dead pres = money. nas is saying that he is willing to let his money do the 'talking' for him, let his money represent him in all his bussiness. nobody can say that there is no more racism today, the minorities are still being treated like shit by 'big bussiness america' and nas is saying that he'll use his money as an equalizer... to go to the places that he cant normally go and do the things that he cant normally do .

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6OLLRG44
Nas - The World is Yours

whoa...

and that song is probably the least lyrical off illmatic.

pls post your comments and opinions, i would also appreciate it if other people provide their interpration of other songs by nas.

one

Inspectah Deck
NYSOFM is a classic

JacopeX
http://www.hiphopgalaxy.com/IMG/arton301.jpg
http://www.chronicmagazine.com/uploaded_images/1101792006_nas_album.jpg
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/rnnr/written.jpg

Thanx Nas, yo keep up the god work wit youre very interestin lyrics and all that. Youre flow is somethin you wouldnt hear all the time. This is why you one of ma favorites

P.S. DOnt listen to any of the rude comments the others are gonna say cuz they jus hate on me for stupid reasons. Peace out. One love!

D00m
Illmatic is just as enjoyable now as it was in 94. One of hip-hop's best.. hh, glad you came around to enjoying Illmatic. It was you that thought it was overrated, right? What made you change your mind?

-hh-
Originally posted by D00m
Illmatic is just as enjoyable now as it was in 94. One of hip-hop's best.. hh, glad you came around to enjoying Illmatic. It was you that thought it was overrated, right? What made you change your mind? yea i use to say it was overrated cuz their were so many better albums out there. I liked it from day one, and it's in my top 5 ever.

Pointinel
Originally posted by -hh-
yea i use to say it was overrated cuz their were so many better albums out there. I liked it from day one, and it's in my top 5 ever.

no beef, but you gotta EXPLAIN this one.

-hh-
Originally posted by Pointinel
no beef, but you gotta EXPLAIN this one. i'll explain.

when i first listened to 'Illmatic', i thought it was a great album, i just didn't think it was top 5 or even top 10 material. But when i gave it about 3 really good listens, it became easiliy my top 3 albums of all time.

Pointinel
i'll explain.

when i first listened to 'Illmatic', i thought it was a great album, i just didn't think it was top 5 or even top 10 material. But when i gave it about 3 really good listens, it became easiliy my top 3 albums of all time.

so what albums are better than illmatic in your opinion?

and why are they better?

thanks

-hh-
so what albums are better than illmatic in your opinion?

and why are they better?

thanks

my PERSONAL top 3 favorite albums of all time are (currently):

1. J-Live- All of the Above
2. Aceyalone- The Book of Human Language
3. Gza- Liquid Swords

the top 3 best albums off all time in my opinion:

1. Organized Konfusion- Stress The Extinction Agenda
2. Gza- Liquid Swords
3. Nas- Illmatic

Pointinel
and why are they better?

-hh-
for which one? all time best or my personal favorites?

Pointinel
for which one? all time best or my personal favorites?

the best of all time...

i got liquid swords on my top 5, but it aint seeing illmatic lyrically. production wise it can be equal, but lyrically nah. there's too many skits in that LP, and gza came off just too abstract for me. not taking anything away from it tho its an ill album.

p's top 5:
1.illmatic
2.RD
3.infamous
4.ready2die
5.liquid swords

peace!

-hh-
Top 5 Best Albums of All Time:

1. Organized Konfusion- Stress The Extinction Agenda
2. Gza- Liquid Swords
3. Nas- Illmatic
4. Kool G Rap- Road to Riches
5. NWA- Straight Outta Compton

it should look something like this for my top 5^

i think 'Liquid Swords' had better production and lyrically was much better than 'Illmatic'. Regardless of this, both are classics.

Afro Cheese
Only rap albums I can think of that I personally hold to a higher esteem than Illmatic:
(no specific order)

Wu Tang Clan - Enter The Wu Tang: 36 Chambers Basically my favorite rap album ever.. cliche as it sounds. I think it has much better production than Illmatic, and better lyricism at times. To me it just generally has more of a raw flavor than Illmatic.

Black Star - Black Star Basically purely for the lyricism. It's not really technical and is inferior to Illmatic in terms of production and in terms of technical lyricism.. but the meaning they put in the songs does plenty to make up for that.

Public Enemy - Fear of a Black Planet Everything on this album from the funky and abrasive production to Chuck's explosive delivery just gets me hyped. I realize why people will scoff at me saying this is a better album that Illmatic but I definitely like it more.

-hh-
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Only rap albums I can think of that I personally hold to a higher esteem than Illmatic:
(no specific order)

Wu Tang Clan - Enter The Wu Tang: 36 Chambers Basically my favorite rap album ever.. cliche as it sounds. I think it has much better production than Illmatic, and better lyricism at times. To me it just generally has more of a raw flavor than Illmatic.

Black Star - Black Star Basically purely for the lyricism. It's not really technical and is inferior to Illmatic in terms of production and in terms of technical lyricism.. but the meaning they put in the songs does plenty to make up for that.

Public Enemy - Fear of a Black Planet Everything on this album from the funky and abrasive production to Chuck's explosive delivery just gets me hyped. I realize why people will scoff at me saying this is a better album that Illmatic but I definitely like it more. great choices

Pointinel
(no specific order)

Public Enemy - Fear of a Black Planet Everything on this album from the funky and abrasive production to Chuck's explosive delivery just gets me hyped. I realize why people will scoff at me saying this is a better album that Illmatic but I definitely like it more.

i respect your opinion.

and i aint gassing up illmatic, but, you know i gotta defend why i think its the GOAT album, you can dispute it if you want..

Why illmatic is GOAT...
- It is the one of the most creative, coherent and lyrical album of all music genre.
- the Intro (genesis) shits on some rappers entire catalogue (yayo comes into mind and so does the ying yang twins) lol, just had to get it in there.
-the album is laced by the best producers in hiphop - preem, large pro, q-tip, LES and pete rock. damn, put rza and dre on the album and itll prolly get 10 mics.
-life's a b*tch, the best song of that year, gave an unknown bk rapper by the name of AZ his recording deal. and that is saying a lot since classics like 'juicy,' 'i used to love h.e.r.' and albums like 'hard to earn,' 'southernplayacadillacmuzik' and 'dare iz a darkside' are released on the same year. and to top it off, he even let his pops bless the song with beautiful trumpet sounds on the end of the track. its pure artistry.
-nas captured the elements of MCing that all the old school heads have been doing, and put it in one LP. the gangsta/street (One Love) the party/anthem (Halftime, Represent) the revolutionary (the world is yours) the storytelling (NY state of Mind, One Love) and the conscious rap (life's a *****, memory lane).
-it is the most sampled, referenced and talked about hiphop album of all time.
-when the album dropped rappers just seemed to take it in and examine the lyrical prowess of the album. no diss to the lyricist of the golden age but nobody is fuc*in with nasty nas on 94'. ghostface, raekwon, scarface has admitted to this.
-even tho rakim introduced the new school and started that scientific rap, nas just took it on another level - multis, history and invisible rhyme patterns.
-after all that's been said and done, after hearing all that lyrical gems you gotta remember that this album was done by a 20 year old brother from the hood who dropped out of 8th grade.

so there you have it.

the only thing that got a chance on your list is the wutang... and to me theyre just equal. and that album is a group album done by an incredible producer who is probly the only DJ who mastered the art of creating those sonic beats. plus the album got a few flaws courtesy of u-god.

and sorry but blackstar isnt even top 10 on my list (i havent really zoned out on the album tho)

illmatic = jordan
blackstar = pippen

peace

P.S. please drop some thoughts on my breakdown of the 'TWIY' verse... ill appreciate it

Pointinel
*in jay's voice*

"DO YOU DUDES LISTEN TO MUSIC? OR DO YOU JUST SKIM THROUGH IT?"

ill do a breakdown on 'life's a *****'s verse tomorrow

im audi

D00m
*in jay's voice*

"DO YOU DUDES LISTEN TO MUSIC? OR DO YOU JUST SKIM THROUGH IT?"

ill do a breakdown on 'life's a *****'s verse tomorrow

im audi

Honestly, everything you've said and are gonna say about Illmatic has been said already for over 10 years. I mean, It's cool that you're this hype about Nas, but go into detail about why his other albums are great. As a hip-hop fan, I've heard everything there is to say about Illmatic and I'm more interested in hearing about his less talked about albums.

And The World is Yours > Life's a *****

Afro Cheese
I do take into account that Wu-Tang have the advantage of power in numbers however I was ranking 36 Chambers vs Illmatic as albums not Nas vs Wu Tang as artists. I think Nas is a more talented rapper than any of the Wu Tang Clan but I still rank their album higher.

Well really.. Blackstar isn't an album that's easy to directly compare to Illmatic cause while Illmatic has much better beats and wordplay, there's a lot more to think about behind blackstar's lyrics. They excel in different areas.. it's just a matter of which you prefer.

Mos Def and Nas are different kinds of lyricist. Nas is the kind of lyricist that will pull out every trick in the book and wow you with literal devices and slang. Mos Def is the kind of lyricist that won't spit his verse in such a fancy way but will still leave you thinking about his words for a while afterward. If you tried to do a lyrical breakdown of "Thieves in The Night" the same way you did with "The World Is Yours" you'd find yourself dealing in more dept with one powerful issue rather than a bunch of random yet clever one liners. So it's just a matter of technique vs substance. I prefer theme based lyrics for the most part. Not saying Nas has weak content just not as good as Mos Def. And Mos is generally mediocre as a technical lyricist.

I'd say it's a pretty good breakdown.. definitely can see you've put more thought into that song than I ever did.. though I think you might be overreaching with your breakdown of "The thief's theme, play me at night, they won't act right."

Seems like it's just a blatant party reference to me. Your interpretation of "play me at night" is a bit insightful but the fact that it's followed with "they won't act right" seems to infer that he makes music that drives people crazy, gets them hyped. The night part just seems to create the setting of a party.

Pointinel
Originally posted by D00m
Honestly, everything you've said and are gonna say about Illmatic has been said already for over 10 years. I mean, It's cool that you're this hype about Nas, but go into detail about why his other albums are great. As a hip-hop fan, I've heard everything there is to say about Illmatic and I'm more interested in hearing about his less talked about albums.

And The World is Yours > Life's a b1tch

word son? even the way i brokedown "TWIY"?

ok then,

im trying to do all of nas' albums by the way, but i was trying to start wit illmatic since apparently some people havent heard it yet... and its the most complex and needs the most analysis.

11 years and we are still just scratchin the surface of this classic LP

ill just do a breakdown on life's a b1tch, then ill do 'i am" or 'nastradamus.' which one you want?

ill appreciate it if people can help me out tho...
why dont you do a breakdown on your fave nas joint? cmon doom help me out.

Pointinel
Well really.. Blackstar isn't an album that's easy to directly compare to Illmatic cause while Illmatic has much better beats and wordplay, there's a lot more to think about behind blackstar's lyrics. They excel in different areas.. it's just a matter of which you prefer.

Mos Def and Nas are different kinds of lyricist. Nas is the kind of lyricist that will pull out every trick in the book and wow you with literal devices and slang. Mos Def is the kind of lyricist that won't spit his verse in such a fancy way but will still leave you thinking about his words for a while afterward. If you tried to do a lyrical breakdown of "Thieves in The Night" the same way you did with "The World Is Yours" you'd find yourself dealing in more dept with one powerful issue rather than a bunch of random yet clever one liners. So it's just a matter of technique vs substance. I prefer theme based lyrics for the most part. Not saying Nas has weak content just not as good as Mos Def. And Mos is generally mediocre as a technical lyricist.

i dunno dude

to me nas is a deep dude, 'illmatic' showed this, 'it was written' showed this, i am, nastradamus, god's son... especially street's disciple

here are some quotes from illmatic :

"I need a new nigga, for this black cloud to follow
Cause while it's over me it's too dark to see tomorrow"
-the world is yours

"I switched my motto -- instead of sayin f*ck tomorrow
That buck that bought a bottle could've struck the lotto"
-life's a b1tch

"**** 'rap is real', watch the herbs stand still
Never talkin to snakes cause the words of man kill
True in the game, as long as blood is blue in my veins
I pour my Heineken brew to my deceased crew on memory lane"
-Memory Lane

"My mic check is life or death, breathin a sniper's breath"
-it aint hard to tell

"and told my little man that i'm a go cyprose
there's some jewels in the skull that he can sell if he chose
words of wisdom from nas try to rise up above
keep an eye out for jake shorty what
one love"
-one love

Afro Cheese
Yeah but don't all of those fall under the category of "clever one liners" besides the quote from One Love? I'm not denying that Nas is deep.. But i haven't seen him choose a topic and go into it in detail like I've seen with rappers like say Mos Def and Common. Nas is usually a more loose, less tied down rapper in his themes. I mean even in his conscious songs like Life's A ***** he's all over the place. If you can, quote a verse of his with one common theme or philosophy that he attacks from a new angle or analyzes in a seriously intellectual way.

Don't get me wrong.. I love Illmatic. I can't say I'm really all that familiar with his work after Illmatic though. I've given It Was Written listens here and there and heard random songs off all his other shit but I haven't really gotten into any of his albums like I did Illmatic.

NewJERU
Nas is the illest, no one is fuqq'n with him.

'Blood of A Slave, Heart Of A King.'

Deathblow
Yeah but don't all of those fall under the category of "clever one liners" besides the quote from One Love? I'm not denying that Nas is deep.. But i haven't seen him choose a topic and go into it in detail like I've seen with rappers like say Mos Def and Common. Nas is usually a more loose, less tied down rapper in his themes. I mean even in his conscious songs like Life's A ***** he's all over the place. If you can, quote a verse of his with one common theme or philosophy that he attacks from a new angle or analyzes in a seriously intellectual way.

Don't get me wrong.. I love Illmatic. I can't say I'm really all that familiar with his work after Illmatic though. I've given It Was Written listens here and there and heard random songs off all his other shit but I haven't really gotten into any of his albums like I did Illmatic.

Have you heard The Lost Tapes at all? Fetus is arguably Nas' best song lyrically. Amazing shit.

Afro Cheese
No I haven't.. what is that a mixed tape?

Phat J
nas - fetus
http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2FG43EFH0U4AQ10J2987XIVUEO

not my favourite nas but it is a pretty good song

Pointinel
Originally posted by Deathblow
Have you heard The Lost Tapes at all? Fetus is arguably Nas' best song lyrically. Amazing shit.

fetus is a craaazy joint, but its hard to say its his most lyrical piece since doo rags, nothin lasts forever, blaze a 50 and poppa was a player (in my opinion) are all better than fetus... flow-wise and lyrical wise.

Deathblow you wanna help me with this thread?

Pointinel

fam (can i call you that?wink) you seriously need to peep more nas songs

and i wont only quote you a verse i would give you whole tracks:

if i ruled the world
black girl lost
-it was written

we will survive
ghetto prisoners
i wanna talk to you
-i am

life we chose
some of us have angels
God loves us
-nastradamus (his most hated album, peeps are saying this was too pop/commercial. i dunno, nigga came with that heat. IMO, it's a 'hood' album that's why many dudes cant relate.or maybe because nas made it, that's why they expected so much more. definitely deserves more than 3 mics)

2nd childhood <--- my opinion, the last classic song of hiphop. the theme, the message, the storytelling... perfect. plus the beat... OMG
what goes around
-stillmatic

dance
thugz mansion
i can
-God's son

A Message to the Feds, Sincerely, We the People
American Way
War
-street's disciple

^all this joints are a testament to nas' deepness. he was the first conscious rapper that i really liked.
"Cause it's trendy to be the conscious MC
But next year, who knows what we'll see?"

hell, even the intro to sd is deep...
peep this:
Peace, how you?
I aint mean to be late, it was my night to watch my little girl.
It's chilly out here.
What happened, you cryin?
Ya'll got into it again, huh?
See you gotta let em know, from the jump, I don't care who they are, or who they with.
Yeah, I know they know we talking.
Why don't they just leave us alone?
I know it's hard for them to understand people like us can love each other.
Come on, stop cryin' now.
Oh, there's somethin I gotta tell you, I heard they watchin you, yeah they watching you.
They watchin me too.
But there aint no reason to get low, I'm proud, I'm here.
You know, Imma stand up for you, no matter what; and I konw you'll stand up for me.
I don't have no doub about you bein true to me.
The world is ours, but right now i feel like the whole world is against us.
So study, be strong, don't cry no more.

Pointinel

Pointinel
up

Phat J
huh?

Pointinel
Originally posted by Phat J
huh?

what? am i off on my interpretation?

Phat J
naw i didnt get why you said up earlier, doesnt really matter tho.

most of them are right on, ive never really broken it down like that before. i think you might be reading a bit too much into some of those tho, in the world is yours the thiefs theme line and the pass the margin line.

Pointinel
oh lol!

up means to put this thread back up...

lol, like a 'bump'

Refused
LOL @ THE ABOVE EXCHANGE!!!!!!!!

Pointinel
Originally posted by Refused
LOL @ THE ABOVE EXCHANGE!!!!!!!!

*in lil' jon's voice*

WHHHAAT!?!?

Phat J
guess i missed something

whats funny?

how he tricked me into talking about nas?

Pointinel
Originally posted by Phat J
guess i missed something

whats funny?

how he tricked me into talking about nas?

^LOL!

stay focused! appreciate greatness!

Phat J
oh right yeah

classic album deserves respect deep lyrics and all taht good shit

FistOfThe North
"Illmatic" is Nas's illest of course And I liked the 2nd Album, too.

Phat J
my favourites are it was written, god's son and illmatic.

Refused
I was just laughing at the whole "up" thing btw.

Phat J
lol, thanks for clearin that up, its only been like 2 weeks.

Refused
lol, i was thinking about how late it was as i posted.

Phat J
ok its been bothering me for the past couple days. i gotta ask, what the f*ck is that in your sig?

Refused
laughing out loud It's a Mars Volta album cover. I like the weirdness of it.

FistOfThe North
i dunno dude

to me nas is a deep dude, 'illmatic' showed this, 'it was written' showed this, i am, nastradamus, god's son... especially street's disciple

here are some quotes from illmatic :

"I need a new nigga, for this black cloud to follow
Cause while it's over me it's too dark to see tomorrow"
-the world is yours

"I switched my motto -- instead of sayin f*ck tomorrow
That buck that bought a bottle could've struck the lotto"
-life's a b1tch

"**** 'rap is real', watch the herbs stand still
Never talkin to snakes cause the words of man kill
True in the game, as long as blood is blue in my veins
I pour my Heineken brew to my deceased crew on memory lane"
-Memory Lane

"My mic check is life or death, breathin a sniper's breath"
-it aint hard to tell

"and told my little man that i'm a go cyprose
there's some jewels in the skull that he can sell if he chose
words of wisdom from nas try to rise up above
keep an eye out for jake shorty what
one love"
-one love

Some ill lines right there mos definetely. Nas's slang is king but I remember seeing "Belly" and there was a part in it wit nas when he was chillin' on a bench wit a young cat, i think they were lightin' up and they were talking but I think Nas put that in there in reference to that "One Love" track on illmatic when he said:

"So I comes back home, nobody's out but shorty doo-wop / Holdin' 2 phillies together, in the Bridge we call 'em oo-wops / He said "Nas, niggaz caught me bussin' off the roof, so I wear a bullet proof and pack a black trey-deuce." / He inhaled so deep, shut his eyes like he was sleep. / Started couging / When I preached he watched me speak. / I sat back like the Mack / My army suit was black / We was chillin on these benches where he pumped his loose crack / I took the L when he passed it, this little bastid, keeps me blasted, etc...

you know

"Then I rose, wipin' the blunts ash from my clothes / and froze, only to blow the herb smoke thru my nose / ..lol

Yo, i swear thats how the scene played out exactly. If saw "Belly" you'd remember. You'd know it. I caught that when I did and rewinded it to see it again to make sure the song and the movie scene matched and I was right. It did.

Pointinel
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Some ill lines right there mos definetely. Nas's slang is king but I remember seeing "Belly" and there was a part in it wit nas when he was chillin' on a bench wit a young cat, i think they were lightin' up and they were talking but I think Nas put that in there in reference to that "One Love" track on illmatic when he said:

"So I comes back home, nobody's out but shorty doo-wop / Holdin' 2 phillies together, in the Bridge we call 'em oo-wops / He said "Nas, niggaz caught me bussin' off the roof, so I wear a bullet proof and pack a black trey-deuce." / He inhaled so deep, shut his eyes like he was sleep. / Started couging / When I preached he watched me speak. / I sat back like the Mack / My army suit was black / We was chillin on these benches where he pumped his loose crack / I took the L when he passed it, this little bastid, keeps me blasted, etc...

you know

"Then I rose, wipin' the blunts ash from my clothes / and froze, only to blow the herb smoke thru my nose / ..lol

Yo, i swear thats how the scene played out exactly. If saw "Belly" you'd remember. You'd know it. I caught that when I did and rewinded it to see it again to make sure the song and the movie scene matched and I was right. It did.

oh yeah

That whole scene in belly is based on the 3rd verse of one love.

that's how strong nas storytelling prowess is.

nas is goat.

Pointinel
***BACK FROM HIATUS***

Here are some of Nas videos for yall to enjoy:

id start with interviews and shows about the GOAT.

Nas - Driven 'VH1 Special' (2005)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P0D4HT62 105 mb
^this is crazy. im telling you VH1 def did the king justice with this. this a must watch if you're a nas fan.

Trevor meets... Nas interview
Part 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XRJ4GB7S 45 mb
Part 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OYYW2SQQ 46 mb
Part 3: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0LFRHSHD 30 mb

^a real insightful look on nas

Yo if anybody got some rare vids of my man nas ill appreciate it if you up them for this thread. im looking especially for the "Making of illmatic" (where premo, les, tip, large pro and serch were talking about nas like he's the second coming of ra, lol) since i lost it.

ill up the central park concert (2004) and the 'I declare war' concert in NJ tomorrow.

PEACE!

-hh-
nice thumbup

testing

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/p01nt/3.jpg

bloodboy
#16 where have you been

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.