What made hary potter ps, cos dissapointing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sammii
personally i dont think the first 2 films were a dissapointment but many ppl have said they were ............so do you think they were a dissapointment & why

lzyjosh
zzz nah dun think they were
only problem is that i think DD should be as old as DD in ps & cos, but have the agility of the current DD...i saw the DD in cos, he look like his gonna die any minute...(i mean i heard he's dead, true ar?)

Imperial_Samura
Yes, Richard Harris is dead, hence his being replaced by the current Dumbledore, who I don't thinks to bad.

Generally I think the Harry Potter movies are good for what they are - that is adaptations of the books. I don't expect things to be quite the same, I expect things to change, to be cut out (though even I was surprised by the amount removed in the GOF) - and I still enjoy them.

I was quite interested though in the direction the current director is taking Dumbledore - the film GOF Dumbledore seems quite different - not as kindly and benevolent, not all powerful as he can seem in the books. Whether this is a good thing I don't know, bit certainly interesting. He just seems so very different from the Dumbledore character from the first three movies.

lzyjosh
oo..he's dead...new one's from LOTR right?

yea much of the book was cut out in GOF. sickening actually, coz u got to read the book to fully understand the plot.

GOF Dumbledore not different from the movies, it's the books that he's very different from. Doesn't sound as calm, powerful or funny as the book sad

zombieman
I don't like the latest take in Dumbledore. He is supposed to be regal and majestic looking, not withered and grey.

Regarding the film franchise thus far, I think the first two movies (and the third to a lesser extent) were aimed at the younger section of the fanbase; I found them a little childish in parts. The darker fourth installment appealed much more to me, as will the next three movies no doubt.

exanda kane
Originally posted by zombieman
I don't like the latest take in Dumbledore. He is supposed to be regal and majestic looking, not withered and grey.

Regarding the film franchise thus far, I think the first two movies (and the third to a lesser extent) were aimed at the younger section of the fanbase; I found them a little childish in parts. The darker fourth installment appealed much more to me, as will the next three movies no doubt.

So, unremarkably true.

Micheal Gambon appears much more pessamistic and tired than Richard Harris, not ideal for Dumbledore.

I read Harry Potter when I was young, yet when the film came out I was in shock at how appalling childish they were. It is not a book to be 'disneyfied', these books have very dark tones in soome places, it only becomes more explicit and the series progresses.

Rapscallion
Originally posted by IcyMag3
oo..he's dead...new one's from LOTR right?

yea much of the book was cut out in GOF. sickening actually, coz u got to read the book to fully understand the plot.

GOF Dumbledore not different from the movies, it's the books that he's very different from. Doesn't sound as calm, powerful or funny as the book sad

No he's not from LOTR. I think yo are thinking of Ian Mckellen. I wish he would play Dumbledoor. Richard Gambon is awful.

As for the original question, I hated the first two, because, well, they didn't feel like Harry Potter. The screenplays were awful. They relied on what people already know about the story from reading the books rather than construct and develope their own plaot and characters. They also focussed heavily on special effects which were horribly unrealistic. The acting was bad, it lacked direction and purpose. At the end of the day, there was no heart to this movie. There was no emotion. As much as I already loved the story and characters, they just didn't make me care.

The Ones
lol. Richard Gambon. Its Michael Gambon and Richard Harris

Imperial_Samura
Hehe. Maybe the could have got Christopher Lee (Saruman from LOTR's) to play Dumbledore after Richard Harris past away - now that would be quite a contrast. Heheh.

Oh I agree, he is very different from the books, almost a whole new wizard, but he is also very different from the Dumbledore in the earlier movies - I'm thinking like in the hospital scene at the end of the PS and so forth. It's hard to imagine what he will be like in the HBP if he was so down and sometimes grumpy in the GOF. And for example I can imagine Richard Harris, from what I've seen when he is Dumbledore, in the office scene at the end of OotP where it all comes out, and it's sad, and angry and all. I have trouble though imagining how Michael Gambon will do it.

Still one thing I have always liked from the first two movies - I think they did a good job with the casting of Snape and the way he is acted, I only wish his character had more screen time to really shine. One of the things I'm looking forward to the most with the coming two movies, a more central Snape character.

IcyMag3
yea! he's cool! haha

I cant say I hated the first two movies, but I must say PoA was an improvement

Emma Hermine
I like the chamber of secrets. It's just like the book and the first one is okay i think but they're no dissapointment

Rapscallion
Originally posted by The Ones
lol. Richard Gambon. Its Michael Gambon and Richard Harris
my bad. sorry.

bubbles33
the first 2 movie were a bit boring

Prince Nauj
they were childish and boring *yawn! the special effects and acting were really bad to

Emma Hermine
well I find Emma Dan and Rupert very very cute in the the first two movies! And I don't think the acting was bad it's just hard to do it perfect when you've never act before!

DarkC
Originally posted by zombieman
Yeah, kind of like Gandalf the White. disgust

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.