Could Jack Nicholson play the Joker in the bb sequel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden111
I think he could. What about you?

NoFate007
No. Get someone else this time around, reinvent it so we see something even better.

jaden111
you f*****g b*****d. Nicholson is the best JOKER. U all want to see a new actor to play JOKER. An actor who forgets if he put his underpants on his head or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NoFate007
Nicholson was a good Joker but just because he was good doesn't mean someone can't be better. Look at James Bond. Connery was great, Dalton and Brosnan were better. If you really look at it, Nicholson was playing a lot of the same characters he's already played, with the tone of voice he used and such. The best person to portray The Joker so far has been Mark Hamill, but I highly doubt they will cast him in the sequel.

SpyCspider
i love how the original poster seemed so calm asking his question and wanted to read other people's opinion's...but then freaks out when he gets it.

It's like you struck a nerve somehow.

jaden111
I loved the line : You idiot. You made me remember!
And: come on you groussome little son of a b***h!

Here is a crazy one: What if rowan Atkinson played the JOKER. He is a comic and can play very mean characters.

NoFate007
I don't see Rowan Atkinson being The Joker. My choices would be either Hamill himself (with a lot of help for his image, like different hair, good makeup, work out a little bit, etc), Adrien Brody, Sam Rockwell, or Edward Norton. Why not Jude Law, you might ask? I think he doesn't look like he could be a psychotic ruthless killer as a normal person. I think killer-wise pre-transformation, the one that looks the best is Sam Rockwell, and after the transformation, probably Brody, but we all know Hamill does the best voice.

Doc Ock
Jack is no longer Joker material.

atharpina
I think Adrian would make an interesting Joker. I wish they could use Mark's voice though, his Joker will always be the one I think of when the character is mentioned.

NoFate007
As someone said before, maybe they can set up a meeting where Hamill explains The Joker to whoever is cast, and helps him out with the voice lol

Backspace
no

Capt_Fantastic
Okay, I've heard the "Mark Hamill could play the Joker with a lot of make-up" crap for the last time!

Think white and get sane here people! Mark Hamill would suck as teh Joker! I loved his voice acting on the character! But there is no ****ing way the man could ever pull it off! Plain and simple!

Christ.

NoFate007
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Okay, I've heard the "Mark Hamill could play the Joker with a lot of make-up" crap for the last time!

Think white and get sane here people! Mark Hamill would suck as teh Joker! I loved his voice acting on the character! But there is no ****ing way the man could ever pull it off! Plain and simple!

Christ.

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. "The man who had the best voice, best understanding of the character, and has been so frequently said to be the best Joker of them all by most fans, would suck even if they made him look the part." What more do you want? If you have a guy that is made to look the part, has the perfect voice, understands the character, and has over a decade of experience...what else are you searching for? A guy that can juggle and write calligraphy in the snow at the same time during the scenes? C'mon now.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by NoFate007
That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. "The man who had the best voice, best understanding of the character, and has been so frequently said to be the best Joker of them all by most fans, would suck even if they made him look the part." What more do you want? If you have a guy that is made to look the part, has the perfect voice, understands the character, and has over a decade of experience...what else are you searching for? A guy that can juggle and write calligraphy in the snow at the same time during the scenes? C'mon now.

You want a person who can't act to act in a movie?

Sure, he was great in SW, and he did an excellent job of creating the voice of the joker, but that's it!

The man has neither the physical presence or acting ability to pull of a character like the Joker.

SnakeEyes
I don't see Rowan Atkinson being The Joker. My choices would be either Hamill himself (with a lot of help for his image, like different hair, good makeup, work out a little bit, etc), Adrien Brody, Sam Rockwell, or Edward Norton. Why not Jude Law, you might ask? I think he doesn't look like he could be a psychotic ruthless killer as a normal person. I think killer-wise pre-transformation, the one that looks the best is Sam Rockwell, and after the transformation, probably Brody, but we all know Hamill does the best voice.

I think those guys would do well; but I would have to add to that last with Crispin Glover. This guy could pull off the look pretty well and has proven he can be a psycho in Willard.

Crispin Glover: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crispin_Glover

NoFate007
The only reason I haven't said Crispin Glover yet is cause I haven't seen him in literally anything. I don't even know what his voice sounds like. He looks like it, but I have no idea what he's like in his acting.

Silverstein
nicholson sucked. i didnt laugh at all, but thats just me, i just watch really funny stuff so anything less than laugh out loud doesnt even make me giggle....crispin glover good choice, i like lachy hulme too. new joker is a good idea. mark hamill could pull it off if he had make up but by make up i mean face prosthetics...

Jokerinthedeck
O.K. If you've read my other Joker related posts, you'd know that i'm a Jack basher, and I'll just say this:
THERE IS NO F**KING WAY THAT JACK NICHOLSON WILL EVER BE SEEN NEAR A BATMAN SET AGAIN!

And by the look of the poll, most of you agree.

I respect the reputation of the Joker too much to see it consumed by that tastless act again.

JACK KILLED THE JOKER
gun_bandanajester

Doc Ock
Mark Hamill ain't coming near the Joker role either.No way.He may have the voice,but it takes alot more than that to play a role.

Silverstein
Originally posted by Doc Ock
Mark Hamill ain't coming near the Joker role either.No way.He may have the voice,but it takes alot more than that to play a role.

he's not even being considered for the role, but just totally disregarded. Its no big deal if hamill gets the role or not...to me atleast.

NoFate007
Yeah I mean I'm not gonna be pissed if he didn't get it, I don't expect him to. I just think it'd be cool to see him, seeing as he has the best track record so far and is the coolest one yet. Supposedly when he does the voices, he gets real animated and makes the faces and whatnot.

Altar[1stONE]
Crispin Glover was born to play the part, ill be so happy if they select him. They cannot go wrong by choosing him.

Jokerinthedeck
Yeah I mean I'm not gonna be pissed if he didn't get it, I don't expect him to. I just think it'd be cool to see him, seeing as he has the best track record so far and is the coolest one yet. Supposedly when he does the voices, he gets real animated and makes the faces and whatnot.

Yeah, I've seen him do the voice acting, on some special features of a DVD, apparently he moves around alot, and he's the only one who stands up.
Sometimes they even send footage of him to the animators, so some of the stuff that the Joker does, Mark Hamil did first.

NoFate007
I haven't seen any of it. Is it good?

jaden111
Maybe atkinson coul make a good Joker. I mean look at blackadeer 4. if u paint his face white, he would maybe even look like him. Maybe the one playing percy and darling could also pull it off. I mean a Joker with a british accent. that would be COOL.

Jade Chihuahua
To be honest, I didnt think Nicholson was great as the joker, to me he just lacked that manic edge I associate with the character.
Sure he electrocuted a guy to death and killed another with a pen, but those were part of the script, not characteristics of his performance and Nicholson made the character seem too forced and not free and manic enough.

atharpina
The only reason I don't really like Crispin Glover being Joker is because he seems more like a creepy psycho, not much of a Joker-style psycho, you know? Cillian Murphy already gave us the best creepy psycho, lets have diversity amongst loonies!

Silverstein
i dont think cillian murphy was creepy at all...

if anyone watched jay and silent bob, mark hamill does the joker voice and 'acts' facially too. not very impressive though

NoFate007
Yeah but that was supposed to be ridiculous, not Joker-style. He was cocknocker lol.

Cillian was kinda freaky, but Joker shouldn't be freaky I think, in that way. Joker should be freaky in the sense that, since you're not taking part in it, you feel guilty that you think its funny, but if you were the one on the receiving end, you'd be freaked the hell out.

El_NINO
NO!!!

You need to kill off whatever the previous versions of batman left in our minds, you must not mix old with new. A new joke would be better.

Cascador
Indeed a new joker should be better...I think Jack Nicholson wouldn't do it anyway altho he claims it was his favourite role, I think he realises that a new actor is needed for the new franchise.

atharpina
Cillian Murphy was very creepy. You guys are nuts.

Silverstein
cillian WAS NOT creepy. he had no chance to be creepy. his voice was rendered as scarecrow and he had a mask on unless you call that creepy than sure

tpaquin
Originally posted by El_NINO
NO!!!

You need to kill off whatever the previous versions of batman left in our minds, you must not mix old with new. A new joke would be better.

Bingo.

Don't expect any of the old actors to make a reappearance. That's not the way it's gonna opearte, this time around. In fact, that was never the way that anything operated.

Mr Parker
Nicholson was a good Joker but just because he was good doesn't mean someone can't be better. Look at James Bond. Connery was great, Dalton and Brosnan were better. If you really look at it, Nicholson was playing a lot of the same characters he's already played, with the tone of voice he used and such. The best person to portray The Joker so far has been Mark Hamill, but I highly doubt they will cast him in the sequel.

Thats the biggest lie ever.But I would expect to see you say that with the logic YOU have.LOL.Connery was the BEST Bond ever and Brosnan was the worst ever and this is coming from someone objective since Moore is my favorite Bond.Back to the topic at hand,No lets not have Nicholson in a nolan batman movie.Like keaton,he was horribly miscast in that role because of his physical build.Get someone that has the right build.so far Ceasar Romero has been the best Joker brought to life on the screen.

NoFate007
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Thats the biggest lie ever.But I would expect to see you say that with the logic YOU have.LOL.Connery was the BEST Bond ever and Brosnan was the worst ever and this is coming from someone objective since Moore is my favorite Bond.Back to the topic at hand,No lets not have Nicholson in a nolan batman movie.Like keaton,he was horribly miscast in that role because of his physical build.Get someone that has the right build.so far Ceasar Romero has been the best Joker brought to life on the screen.

Ha. Ok I'll accept that you think Connery was the best Bond, because he was a good Bond. I'll even accept that you like Moore the best, because its your opinion and opinions can't be wrong unless its something like "in my opinion murdering children for fun is a'ok". But don't start up this stupid crap about me not using logic again if you just disagree with me. I honestly won't be persuaded by methods like that.

BAILY
No.. they need someone a bit younger and more creepier... and I agree Crispin Glover was born for this part... he better get it

Altar[1stONE]
cause if he dont , someone is gonna get shot.

NoFate007
I gotta see something Glover was in. He definitely does look the part, and from what I hear, he's incredibly messed up as it is, so he might even literally be born for this part lol. I gotta see him laugh and such, I haven't seen a single film he's been in (and I'm not gonna make it Charlie's Angels lol)

Altar[1stONE]
well you can always see him portrayed as MR. MCFLY!! but in all honesty your best bet is to watch the guy in charlies angels , he does some crazy laugh that could be passed off as the joker.

Cascador
I agree Jack Nicholson can not play the Joker in Chris Nolan's Batman, would be totally wrong! But he isn't a bad Joker...until now he's still the best!

Silverstein
he's the only Joker so far, (live actor-wise)

Bossman
I liked Nicholson but come on. Glover definately. I wouldn't want to see Jack again. I also like the idea of Michael Keaton. I really think that he could pull it off.

NoFate007
I don't think Keaton looks the role enough at all.

Cascador
Keaton was good in my opinion, very good, but he had his chance to be batman, now it's christian Bale's role and he's doing a good job so I don't want to see Keaton again...he already pulled it off in Batman and Batman Returns. Besides he's too old now. BTW Jack Nicholson wasn't the only Joker...I'm talking about the series too.

NoFate007
Oh I thought the guy above was suggesting Keaton for The Joker.

Keaton for Batman...he didn't look it but he got into the mindset well. He was better as Batman than as Bruce Wayne, in my opinion. Best Bruce was probably Clooney (or could've been, given the right script), but I think best Batman goes to Keaton....

of course that's if we're not counting Bale cause he wins both categories.

Bossman
I was suggesting Keaton for the Joker. That is a good point about his look and the fact that he's getting old but I remember when we all first heard that he was going to be Batman in the 89 version and most people laughed at the idea. He ended up surprising most of us. I think that if they want to make a darker Joker he would be a good choice. I mean when you see him in movies like Pacific Heights he really shows his dark side. When it comes to the humor ( I don't like using this example because it's a no brainer ) Beetlejuice. I know that getting the right look would be a big challenge but if they could get it, and they might be able to, I really think it would be Keaton hands down!clap

Mainstream

well said he was good...a lot a people are like "he was the best Joker in the known universe" buuuuuuuuuuut that doesn' mean some unknown actor could come along a do an even better job...but I did like Jack's Joker but so say someone else couldn't do better is a bit premature.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by BAILY
No.. they need someone a bit younger and more creepier... and I agree Crispin Glover was born for this part... he better get it

yeah I totally agree especially that Glover was born for this part.yeah he better get it.

bakerboy
No way, he is too old now. They should get someone younger and closer to the comic character.

And no way that Brosnan and Dalton were better than Sean Connery as Bond. Sean Connery is James Bond.

Cascador
Originally posted by bakerboy
No way, he is too old now. They should get someone younger and closer to the comic character.

And no way that Brosnan and Dalton were better than Sean Connery as Bond. Sean Connery is James Bond.

off topic but I agree, that is why from russia with love is such a great game, cause you can play with the "true" bond!

Mr Parker
Ha. Ok I'll accept that you think Connery was the best Bond, because he was a good Bond. I'll even accept that you like Moore the best, because its your opinion and opinions can't be wrong unless its something like "in my opinion murdering children for fun is a'ok". But don't start up this stupid crap about me not using logic again if you just disagree with me. I honestly won't be persuaded by methods like that.

Ahhh but you didn't state that in your first post that it was your opinion,you stated it as though its fact.If you had said IMO at the end then I would not have said anything about the post because that clearly shows its your opinion,but since you didnt then you were stating it as fact.Big difference there.Also see this post of yours unlike your posts we had in our discussions in our pm messages we had,I can respect even though I disagree with it.You liked Brosnan and Dalton better than Connery,fine I got no problem with that,like you said,thats your opinion.At least in this post of yours I can respect it since its not a bunch of insane ludicrise ramblings with no merit whatsoever like your posts were in our PM discussions.

anyways Glover again was born for the role,he should play it.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Cascador
off topic but I agree, that is why from russia with love is such a great game, cause you can play with the "true" bond!

yep. big grin

Cascador
was that sarcastic? if not, I'm glad we agree on something!

Knightfall93
He's too old! It needs to be someone close to Bruce's age so they have more chemistry and link

Silverstein
63 yr old joker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.