Storm vs. Banshee

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

phase
Which of these flyers owns the sky?

No prep time
No weapons can b brought in to fight
Can't fly out of battlefield which is Manhatten

Who takes it
y?

GalacticStorm
Storm. She can blast him with lightning quicker than he can attack her with his sonic powers.

If it was from a distance she could also partially counter the effects of his powers on her person via her atmospheric control whilst he would have no defence against her lightning.

phase
if he dodged the lightning...and used his sonic powers?...

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by phase
if he dodged the lightning...and used his sonic powers?...

But then i could say what if she dodged his sonic scream then what? laughing out loud

Her lightning travels alot faster than his sonic powers and it is psionically controlled. She can change its flow mid blast. Banshee cant do that with a scream. Its far more likely that in close quarters she will be able to blast him before he hits her.

Far away definitely Storm.

Storm wins.

phase
ok... i wud probably go with storm.. but unless lets say they start at close quarters on the ground banshee wud have enough time to disrupt her equilibrium before any lightning cud hit him

so...

Lord Magnus
Seems to me Banshee's the better flyer but Storm's powers take it.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by phase
ok... i wud probably go with storm.. but unless lets say they start at close quarters on the ground banshee wud have enough time to disrupt her equilibrium before any lightning cud hit him

so...

Nope. Storms powers are psionically based. She just has to think about the nature of the attack(i.e the strength of the lightning) and then psionically target, then you have to factor in the speed lightning travels at(1/3 of the speed of light)

Banshee has to think about the strength of the attack, target, physically generate the blast( work his vocal chords) and then you must factor in the speed of sound.

Not only are psionic processes considerably faster than physical ones but Storms attack also travels exponentially faster than banshees.

In close quarters Storm will hit him before he hits her.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Lord Magnus
Seems to me Banshee's the better flyer but Storm's powers take it.

I wouldnt be so sure. What makes you say that? confused

phase
Ok if they started at really close quarters like 1m away i think banshee wud take it as storm wud not bring a lightning bolt down for fear of hurting herself...

and i agree with lord magnus...except if they do start 1m away...

Metalmanx
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
But then i could say what if she dodged his sonic scream then what? laughing out loud

Her lightning travels alot faster than his sonic powers and it is psionically controlled. She can change its flow mid blast. Banshee cant do that with a scream. Its far more likely that in close quarters she will be able to blast him before he hits her.

Far away definitely Storm.

Storm wins.

Not that I'm saying Storm won't win...but I've got a few bones to pick with ya, GS.

First, her lightning does travel very fast, much faster than his sonic scream. Yes. What I don't agree with, however, is she would be able to direct the lightning in a different direction in mid-blast. The speed of lightning (up to 100,000 mph, and giving Storm the benefit of the fastest lightning), there is no way she could control that in time. It would've already struck whatever she was aiming for before her mind even produced the psionic command to turn it another direction. And since she has peak-human reflexes and a psyche to match, she is not capable of such feats.

And IF he was able to dodge it, she would be doomed, for she would not be able to dodge his sonic scream, since it's omnidirectional and all. But hell, even if it wasn't, she still wouldn't be able to dodge something that moves at Mach 1. It would hit her, and it would knock her out instantly.

But, back on the REAL topic...Storm should win with her lightning. But, in the off-chance that she misses, she goes down.

Storm wins 8/10.

LordKaos
Sound needs air to travel, I'm sure that a mutant elemental whose powers are air-based can use that to her advantage. Lightning does not travel faster than thought, once she releases it, it is under her command from start to finish she can make it do what she wants.

Metalmanx
Oh yea, and I agree that Banshee is probably the better flyer.

phase
I think metalmanx has got it i think she wud hav a tough job changing the direction at that speed so unless she misses with her first shot storm takes it (or if they start right nxt to each other)

LordKaos
She does not even need lightning to beat him, like the time she was able to suffocate Jean before she could let off a telepathic attack. She could flash freeze him, like she was able to do Angel and an entire forest when she was possessed by the N'gari. She could localize a blast of artic cold right at his throat, so I hope he's the better flyer, because he'll need to be to keep from getting his ass kicked.

phase
wow storm better than i thought...

she definitely takes this 10/10

inamilist
basic physics

storm's wind power can distort the sound waves projected through banshee's power rendering them useless

storm 10/10

Professor N
Storm wins this 9/10

She can create hurricanes, storms (duh!!), lightning etc, even if she misses him first time, its not like it takes her a while to recharge.

If banshee does get her i suppose she could go flying into a wall, or get disorientated, but storm takes this pretty much every time

Lucid Lui
Storm wins 7/10. Banshee needs to bring it to close quarters, take her out h2h. He'd be able to pull off a win or two with some fancy flying and his scream. Storm still takes the majority though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.