Selection Editing [Hey Raz]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
How come the markup thingies dont work like on some other boards? What I mean is, on some boards you type in what you want, highlight, and then hit the B for bold and it automatically puts the tags around the highlighted section? Is this a VB thing, or is it the way you have it set?

Raz
It wasn't designed in.

Not sure anyone really uses formatting here.

Ushgarak
That would actually be very handy for me when posting RP rules and the like. Not a major requirement for the boards, I know...

Raz
I've got it working for IE, but Firefox is being a pain about it.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Raz
I've got it working for IE, but Firefox is being a pain about it.

oh TEST time!

WOOT ! It works!

RAZ you ARE the man!

good thing I use IE! yes

bogen
hey, raz i lost my poll button!, even though i never had one! cry
seriously how do you make a poll i need to know as any well to do KMCer does.

Storm
How do I create and vote in polls?

Bloigen
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
oh TEST time!

WOOT ! It works!

RAZ you ARE the man!

good thing I use IE! yes

DON'T CLICK THE BLUE E!

Syren
Still not working on FF?

bogen
thanks storm your my saveuor!

Bardock42
What's up with all the "Hey Raz" Threads anyways. Is that some sort og "I-am-to-good-tomake-my-topic-clear" Bullshit? I am pretty positive that Raz reads the threads in this Section anyways.

Raz
Originally posted by Syren
Still not working on FF? Unfortunately Firefox makes extracting selected text much more complex than IE.

If someone has the time, please find a way to get selected text from a <textarea> element into a JavaScript variable. This page might be a good starting point. Also, feel free to go through the current JavaScript code here.

Lana
Javascript?

I'll take a look though I can't promise I'll be able to do anything, as javascript is something I've only dabbled in and don't use too often, and therefore, don't really know.

KENobi™
For Firefox users, install this extension. Just highlight the text with a right click find the function you want. It's faster than typing out all the BBCode and it makes it so Raz doesn't have to install a new script right away.

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&category=Editing%20and%20Forms&numpg=10&id=491

Lana
Haha, sweet.

big grin

Yep, works fine.

KENobi™
Of course it works. I don't promote programs unless I use them myself. stick out tongue

TOH
Ok, it's time for this smilie again:

firefox

Bloigen
Yay!

is really quite cool.

Lana
Originally posted by TOH
Ok, it's time for this smilie again:

firefox

That smilie kicks ass big grin

Syren
*downloads and restarts*

Syren
Does this work?

WOW!

H. S. 6
Doesn't seem to be working for me... erm

Syren

Bloigen
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Doesn't seem to be working for me... erm

Too bad

H. S. 6
Are you using FF? You need to download an extension, as Ken pointed out;

big grin

I downloaded it, restarted it, and now I am seeing a few new things, but I can't right click and change the format.

Bloigen
You need to be highlighting the text here.

KENobi™
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I downloaded it, restarted it, and now I am seeing a few new things, but I can't right click and change the format.

Make sure you highlight it with a left click first, then right click.

Oh and everyone else, the HTML menu's can be disabled to make it easier to remember which menu you need.

Syren
Thanks Ken big grin

KENobi™
Your welcome.

Syren
You're whistle

KENobi™
Damn...cry

Bardock42
You're whistle
Maybe he actually meant that he is "your welcome " ...possible.....but not likely.

Syren

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.