Who has better aim Hawkeye or Green Arrow?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

unknowable
Whho's a better shot?

spetznaz
Q. Who is a better shot?
A. Both.
Weird answer, but true.

Q. Why?
A. Well, both are supposed to be expert marksmen, and both have . . amazing feats to back themselves up.

Q. But isn't there one character with greater feats of accuracy?
A. Maybe, although most Marvel fans will say Hawkeye is better, while
. most DC fans will assert Green Arrow is the better shot. And both
. camps can post scans that enforce their position (for one I have
. seen GA do things that are insane). However the case still remains
. that even if one character has an edge (if there is one in this case
. since both are basically PERFECT), all that needs to happen to
. negate that edge is for Marvel or DC to simply release a comic next
. month that shows HE/GA doing a feat that surpasses the other
character's.
That is the problem of 'who is better' comparisons ....the characters . are fictional, and their feats not only change BUT are depicted . . differently by different writers/artists in the SAME company!!!! (which is why I always say both houses need a continuity editor/editors who do nothing BUT check for any diversions and the like).

Anyways, the best answer is that they are both perfect shots.
The only debate is if anyone of them is 'better' than perfect.

unknowable
Spets..

I'm speechless...cause you right..

NoFate007
I haven't seen all of their feats, but I would have to say GA, because it seems as though DC villains are stronger than Marvel ones, and if he stands up to them just as well or better, then he, I guess by default, is. But honestly I think if you switched the characters, they would be the same.

spetznaz
It is easy to compare characters that are clearly different (eg Superman vs Spiderman).
It is also easy to compare analogous characters (eg a green lantern vs Quasar) since they have a wide variety of powers/attributes.

However asking which ATTRIBUTE is better, when both characters have reached perfection in that ATTRIBUTE, cannot give a clear answer.

For instance ....which car is faster: A McClaren F1 supercar, or the new Bugatti Veyron supercar?

The easy answer is that the Bugatti is the faster car (even though the McClaren was the world's fastest car for over a decade, the new McClaren is faster).
Thus that is an EASY answer.

Ok, let me ask which engine is better?
That just got a bit harder, but it can still be answered. The McClaren engine may have pure gold foil heat dispensers and have special synthetic oils that cost an arm to change; however the Bugatti's special W16 engine (basically 2 V8s mashed together) is a work of technological art and perfection.
Thus the Bugatti wins.

HOWEVER let me ask a question based on an attribute!
Which car gives more PLEASURE in driving?

There is no answer!
Why, because both give PERFECT driving experiences.
Both have accelerations around the 3 second mark (give or take a millisecond), both are extremely fast, both push the technological envelop, and both will have you screaming in pleasure.

Which is better in driving pleasure?
Answer: Both.

Jose123
Originally posted by NoFate007
I haven't seen all of their feats, but I would have to say GA, because it seems as though DC villains are stronger than Marvel ones, and if he stands up to them just as well or better, then he, I guess by default, is. But honestly I think if you switched the characters, they would be the same.

actually marvel earth villains are generally stronger than DC earth villains.

i'm not counting cosmic and aliens of both universe because i say their both about equal.

unknowable
Originally posted by spetznaz
It is easy to compare characters that are clearly different (eg Superman vs Spiderman).
It is also easy to compare analogous characters (eg a green lantern vs Quasar) since they have a wide variety of powers/attributes.

However asking which ATTRIBUTE is better, when both characters have reached perfection in that ATTRIBUTE, cannot give a clear answer.

For instance ....which car is faster: A McClaren F1 supercar, or the new Bugatti Veyron supercar?

The easy answer is that the Bugatti is the faster car (even though the McClaren was the world's fastest car for over a decade, the new McClaren is faster).
Thus that is an EASY answer.

Ok, let me ask which engine is better?
That just got a bit harder, but it can still be answered. The McClaren engine may have pure gold foil heat dispensers and have special synthetic oils that cost an arm to change; however the Bugatti's special W16 engine (basically 2 V8s mashed together) is a work of technological art and perfection.
Thus the Bugatti wins.

HOWEVER let me ask a question based on an attribute!
Which car gives more PLEASURE in driving?

There is no answer!
Why, because both give PERFECT driving experiences.
Both have accelerations around the 3 second mark (give or take a millisecond), both are extremely fast, both push the technological envelop, and both will have you screaming in pleasure.

Which is better in driving pleasure?
Answer: Both.

once again...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.