Honestly: Can Gladiator beat Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HigH ScholaR
Seriuosly weve all seen the fight with GLADIATOR and HULK i we all know is was PIS so lets say they had a fight with out the PIS, would Gladiator be able to beat Gladiator. Either Prof hulkor savage.

i see Glads as perhaps better then most Class 100 class in the physical department so i see him sronger then Hulk at first but the hulk can exceed Glads in a second but i don't really see anything that Glads has done to the hulk in the past that would make him THAT angry that his strength woukd increase in a second.

but i do believe that if somehow Gladiator took hulk to space, Gladiator woulf have a distinctive advantage.

Eternity
Hulk would still beat the crap out of glads savage hulk that is

Lucid Lui
laughing You're funny Eternity. Classic.

But seriously, that fight is one of the worst written fights ever. And i might actually post up the scans and explain why.

But if we're talking about Glads fighting smart and actually using his abilities, then the Hulk would never be a problem. If Glads is on the job like he was in their fight, then yeah, Hulk wins.

I always find it funny that alot of people who easily accapt that Supes could beat Hulk, deny that Glads could do it (not any of you, just in general). Even though Glads is at exactly the same level as Supes and has all the same abilities. All because of that one badly written fight.

The Ion
Well written I'd give Glads at least 7/10 against Hulk. As a matter of fact I'd give any character with Class 100 strength who can fly and has super speed at least 7/10 over Hulk.

HigH ScholaR
I see Glads just above the 100 ton class anyway. and his Speed is overkill

Eternity
Hulk aint a slouch afterall he has been able to hit quicksilver but yeah gladiator could beat him but if hulk is megapissed or if it is a maestro or hulk or war hulkthen galdiators losing

HigH ScholaR
YEP MEASTRO guilt or mindless hulk is another story

The Ion
Has Guilt Hulk done anything? I thought he only existed in Banner's dreams.

HigH ScholaR
The Guilt Hulk nearly burst free (Banner turned into it) during the days when Bruce was suffering from Amyotropic Lateral Sclerosis (from TIH3 #12 until TIH3 #32). But the combined might of the Savage Hulk, the Professor, and the Gray Hulk were able to subdue him. Nevertheless, the Guilt Hulk may come out anyday.

Deicide
Hulk Hogan would "hulk out" and own both their asses. it would be the "stinky leg drop" for Gladiator and the "hogan boot" for the Hulk and the 1-2-3!!

lol, just kiddin. i F^^kin hate Hogan.

CaptainStoic
When I read that comic all I could do was chuckle because I always knew that a mindless Hulk would gorilla beat Clark Kent! LMAAAAO and as PIS as the fight was I saw no other outcome the longer the fight continued the stronger The Hulk would have become and the worse Gladiator would look, I mean Gladiator is a really cool character it would have been a shame, if the fight went on until the Hulk killed him, which I thought he did.

soleran30
The Cosmic Spiderman series should be the example for most 100ton characters that don't have flightsmile

Cosmic Spiderman hits hulk and BAM he ends up in space.

Why should gladiator carry him into space just throw his arse up there!

CaptainStoic
Here's a question can Gladiator beat Onslaught? The Hulk did! Here's another question can Gladiator push back the combined forces of Doc. Samson, The immortal form of Hercules, Wonderman, Namor, and Ironman? well The Hulk did and it looked like he was getting stronger while they losing ground from the pummeling they were taking from him... I doubt Gladiator can take this type of abuse... the situation bacame so desperate that they had to banish Hulk from the regularl Marvel reality (via Dr. Strange) to some dimension called the cross roads.... Gladiator got what he deserved.

CaptainStoic
And cosmic Spidey knocked The Grey Hulk into space, I wonder if the same thing would be true if he fought the mindless Hulk in an huge forcefield where he couldn't throw the Hulk anywhere.

GreatMuta
Has Gladiators true potential ever been noted? Hulk has had umpteen million examples regarding his strength and abilities. Gladiator has had far fewer examples.

Gladiator handled the Fantastic four singlehandedly. In the same issue he rocked the X-men (skrulls) however he succumed to Mr Fantastics clever schemes which diminished his willpower therfore rendering him De-powered. If Hulk can outlast him 8/10 odds then Gladiator may see the fight as futile and in minutes Hulk may beat him senseless. If Glads is "on the Job" against hulk and scores quick decicive blows we may have an upset on our hands! Of course this will never happen in a HUlk book....so Hulk wins!! for now.

roughrider
They never let Gladiator do all he can - they just put him in to make other characters look good. Hulk's not hitting anything that can fly way way faster than light speed, and smash a planet with his fist.

CaptainStoic
The Hulk can crush the FF too, he just took a nova blast from the Torch a couple issues ago without being fazed. This happened right after he slapped the Thing through a building with very little effort. In the past the Hulk was putting the big beatdown on Avengers east, and west.. and Thor was a part of the mellee too (Incredibke Hulk vol.2 #300), Gladiator would just get the same beating they did. I could even see the Hulk killing Gladiator if the fight lasts long enough, and no one kumps in to break it up.

Swanky-Tuna
Seeing as in the original fight, Gladiator was willing to fly Hulk into space, without PIS, he'd have no problem doing it again at speeds way faster than Hulk can react to.

GreatMuta
We can speculate all we want. But we'll never know until a writer wants to test this battle themselves. I think gladiator has as much chance as the next superpowerd hero!

darth fury
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Here's a question can Gladiator beat Onslaught? The Hulk did! Here's another question can Gladiator push back the combined forces of Doc. Samson, The immortal form of Hercules, Wonderman, Namor, and Ironman? well The Hulk did and it looked like he was getting stronger while they losing ground from the pummeling they were taking from him... I doubt Gladiator can take this type of abuse... the situation bacame so desperate that they had to banish Hulk from the regularl Marvel reality (via Dr. Strange) to some dimension called the cross roads.... Gladiator got what he deserved.

It was a mindless hulk that tore onslaughts armour apart but fair enough.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
The Hulk can crush the FF too, he just took a nova blast from the Torch a couple issues ago without being fazed. This happened right after he slapped the Thing through a building with very little effort. In the past the Hulk was putting the big beatdown on Avengers east, and west.. and Thor was a part of the mellee too (Incredibke Hulk vol.2 #300), Gladiator would just get the same beating they did. I could even see the Hulk killing Gladiator if the fight lasts long enough, and no one kumps in to break it up.

Sue could EASILY put an invisible bubble within him and make it the size of Bill Gates' house, tearing the Hulk to shreds.

Darth Martin
Wrong Forum? confused

StarsNeverFall7
We should ask him...

Gladiator, can you beat hulk?

Sparkz
Question, why do people always say it was mindless Hulk who beat Onslaught, he was talking saying how he was the strongest one he is etc, that seems very much like savage to me, if it was mindless hulk wouldnt he be, well not talking at all.

Also I know Banner told Jean to turn him off, but if she did he wouldnt be able to talk, hell you can still consider Banner being "turned off" in savage hulk anyway.

jgiant
Originally posted by darth fury
It was a mindless hulk that tore onslaughts armour apart but fair enough. But he was talking.

Dinalfos
Gladiator should win, given his wide range of abilities. However, I do like how they made an attempt at non-jobbering realism by making Glads dump Hulk in space.

Gladiator loses a physical battle, though.

roughrider
Originally posted by Validus
Well written I'd give Glads at least 7/10 against Hulk. As a matter of fact I'd give any character with Class 100 strength who can fly and has super speed at least 7/10 over Hulk.

That's my thinking, too. Since I believe Superman can defeat Hulk, why shouldn't one of his direct clones do it - if he can be written like he should, rather than a jobber.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.