Is Darkseid being written badly or he just lost his mojo?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Is Darkseid being written badly or he just lost his mojo?

Do they need to bring back the old darkseid not as powerful but a least on a sky-father level?

Discuss!!

Dark Urizen
I don't know about that. What i do know is that i hated it in Batman/Superman how easily Superman beat Darkseid. He didn't just beat Darkseid physically WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too easily (which he did) but his intelligence was also completely smashed. I mean, teleporting ashes where supergirl was standing? Come on.......

the Darkone
Originally posted by Dark Urizen
I don't know about that. What i do know is that i hated it in Batman/Superman how easily Superman beat Darkseid. He didn't just beat Darkseid physically WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too easily (which he did) but his intelligence was also completely smashed. I mean, teleporting ashes where supergirl was standing? Come on.......

Exactly, that's why some people are disliking superman instean of the writers. Darkseid should have rape superman on his farm plain and simple, Dc is f**king up Darkseid so that superman will look good, I mean ok once and awhile superman should beat Darkseid but not every f**king time they face each other, I mean damn come on.
A well written darkseid is almost a sky-father level being.

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by the Darkone
Exactly, that's why some people are disliking superman instean of the writers. Darkseid should have rape superman on his farm plain and simple, Dc is f**king up Darkseid so that superman will look good, I mean ok once and awhile superman should beat Darkseid but not every f**king time they face each other, I mean damn come on.

Don't know about Skyfather level. I'd say he's not versatile enough to be Skyfather level. He DOES have the raw power for it, but i'd say he lacks the versatility for it.

UniOmni
Wasn't Precrisis Darkie supposed to be equal to Galactus, a being far removed from Skyfathers? So shouldn't he be above Odin and the like, theoritically?? If wrong, please correct me

the Darkone
Originally posted by UniOmni
Wasn't Precrisis Darkie supposed to be equal to Galactus, a being far removed from Skyfathers? So shouldn't he be above Odin and the like, theoritically?? If wrong, please correct me

Pre-Crisis Darkseid= hungrey galactus Imop

cheap cabbage
Originally posted by the Darkone

I wholeheartdly agree. I personally think that superman books would be more interesting if darseid was more powerful. He's supposed to be a thanos/galactus level threat to the universe. I'd be interesting cause supes can't just beat his ass into the ground like he does everyone else. Instead DC has to make up ridiculous looking galactus rip offs like imperix to make superman seem like he's having a hard time. The have a perfectly good villan authored by the MAN Jack Kirby. USE HIM!!

dvampire
Him being beaten by Superman isn't bad, since he's fighting against a character that constantly gets more powerful. Now if this was Pre-Crisis Darksied then yes he should win all the time, since he was smacking around PC Superman.

This is Current Darsied going up against current Superman, both who have been decreased in power, in whouldn't make any since to put PC Darksied up against current Superman.

Avalonofthewind
There is nothing wrong with Darkside. His Omega beams don't work on Supes simply because Supes combined with Kismet. He's essential to the universe. Prior to that, Supes avoided those beams like his life depended on it (which it did...)

Darkside can still teleport Supes with a thought. He still has incredible powers of creation, and highly advanced tech. Biggest issue is instead of using all his power, he fought a pissed off Supes physically.

That's basically inviting an ass whoopin. In a straight physical fight, Supes pretty much owns everyone when not holding back at all.

cheap cabbage
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
There is nothing wrong with Darkside. His Omega beams don't work on Supes simply because Supes combined with Kismet. He's essential to the universe. Prior to that, Supes avoided those beams like his life depended on it (which it did...)

Darkside can still teleport Supes with a thought. He still has incredible powers of creation, and highly advanced tech. Biggest issue is instead of using all his power, he fought a pissed off Supes physically.

That's basically inviting an ass whoopin. In a straight physical fight, Supes pretty much owns everyone when not holding back at all.

Again, I agree, but in the interest of answering this thread. No, darkseid has not lost his mojo. Darkseid is extremely badly written. Superman's power has consistently grown since the crisis, while darkseid's stayed wimpy. Hell I dont think PC darkseid could've take PC supes anyway with the level of PIS PC supes was showing. At any rate, the power cut for darkseid during the crisis was far too drastic. He should have remained near omnipitent as far as a mortal was concerned. Jack Kirby needs to walk into DC's office and start taking names and kicking ass.

grey fox

laughing

Mider
compared to the past incarnations yes he is badly written if it was the Pre crisis Darkseid vs the people of the DCU today it would be a few hundred heros killed just fighting him

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by cheap cabbage
Again, I agree, but in the interest of answering this thread. No, darkseid has not lost his mojo. Darkseid is extremely badly written. Superman's power has consistently grown since the crisis, while darkseid's stayed wimpy. Hell I dont think PC darkseid could've take PC supes anyway with the level of PIS PC supes was showing. At any rate, the power cut for darkseid during the crisis was far too drastic. He should have remained near omnipitent as far as a mortal was concerned. Jack Kirby needs to walk into DC's office and start taking names and kicking ass.

Precrisis was crazy, I had posted a scan of Precrisis Supes fixing all timelines with punches.
Someone else posted a scan of Lex manipulating time wit Orange juice and a flashlight if I remember correctly.
My fave is another scan shown with Superboy dragging a bunch of planets across the UNIVERSE on a chain.

Sixth_Winged
I believe what is happening is mere editorial downplaying and DC's glass ceiling coming into effect and not due to crisis. He has acknowledge he has remembered the COIE before but seemingly have been downplayed so miserably he could pass out as just another seasonal villain. Either way, it sure seems the crisis affects him and regardless of what we think, currently, he is just sad....

The other possible reason is the Glass ceiling which is that everyone sometime in their appearances if they are villains who crosses path with Superman would lose. That could mean he still has the mojo, but when faced with the guy with big S on his chest, laws of DC upholds that he should lose.

Of course it could just be Jeph Loeb.......

cheap cabbage
Precrisis was crazy, I had posted a scan of Precrisis Supes fixing all timelines with punches.
Someone else posted a scan of Lex manipulating time wit Orange juice and a flashlight if I remember correctly.
My fave is another scan shown with Superboy dragging a bunch of planets across the UNIVERSE on a chain.

Well, now that earth 2 superman is back, maybe lex will finally ditch his kryptonite battle suits and discover that true power lay in maglites and tropicana.

cheap cabbage
Better yet, think what he could do with a battery and rump roast. Give the guy 15min and he'd be bashing down the gates of heaven and making spectre his *****.

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by cheap cabbage

That......would be pretty difficult considering......... http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spawnbatmanpg571no.jpg

confused

Draco69
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
I believe what is happening is mere editorial downplaying and DC's glass ceiling coming into effect and not due to crisis. He has acknowledge he has remembered the COIE before but seemingly have been downplayed so miserably he could pass out as just another seasonal villain. Either way, it sure seems the crisis affects him and regardless of what we think, currently, he is just sad....

The other possible reason is the Glass ceiling which is that everyone sometime in their appearances if they are villains who crosses path with Superman would lose. That could mean he still has the mojo, but when faced with the guy with big S on his chest, laws of DC upholds that he should lose.

Of course it could just be Jeph Loeb.......

Ditto.

The editors simply got rid of Darkseid because it conflicted with the Infinite Crisis. (Although some say he may have been behind it all in the first place...)

Alot of powerful people job to Superman. Green Lantern, Doomsday, Orion, Wonder Woman, etc.

And Jeph Loeb is an admitted Superman fanboy.

The Ion
Originally posted by Draco69
Ditto.

The editors simply got rid of Darkseid because it conflicted with the Infinite Crisis. (Although some say he may have been behind it all in the first place...)

Well if you're paying attention everyone who was a big problem for Anti-Monitor has or is being taken care of. Darkseid is stuck on the Source Wall, Spectre went crazy, magic is dead, E-2 Supes is occupied, Dr. Light II is depowered, the heroes are divided and the villains united. wink

Tron
Moving...

Draco69
Originally posted by The Ion
Well if you're paying attention everyone who was a big problem for Anti-Monitor has or is being taken care of. Darkseid is stuck on the Source Wall, Spectre went crazy, magic is dead, E-2 Supes is occupied, Dr. Light II is depowered, the heroes are divided and the villains united. wink

That's all true. However, a great many say this is all done by Alexander Luthor.

Why destroy magic? Because Superboy is vulnerable to it. Luthor got rid of all elements that could defeat Superboy so none could stand in his way.

But alot of members on other forums swear that some way, some how Darkseid is behind it all. But I take it all with a grain of salt.

The Ion
I think it was all done by Alex. Well, except Darkseid getting stomped and tossed on the Source Wall. That was all Loeb. laughing

I wonder if Alex knew magic wouldn't get destroyed though. He left out a lot of magic heavy hunters. He never even bothered with Themyscira.

Psycho Ninja
Yeah, hey guys if you call us "fanboys of Supez" then what will you call Loeb ?? Yeah this is for you, mr.golem !!!

Juntai
Originally posted by The Ion
I think it was all done by Alex. Well, except Darkseid getting stomped and tossed on the Source Wall. That was all Loeb. laughing

I wonder if Alex knew magic wouldn't get destroyed though. He left out a lot of magic heavy hunters. He never even bothered with Themyscira. But Themyscira was sent away by Wonder Woman to avoid the OMAC invasion...
Which.. as you'll notice, the OMAC project, the big thing that kicked the entire crisis off, was all the Kryptonite Dissapearing from Kord Industries.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.