Trouble

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Queen Solomon
I hope this is a general discussion...well...I need some help and I am pretty sure this could help other people as well. There is this guy at school who is really sweet to me. He talks to me and helps me out with things he picks up things when I drop them, he talks to me on the phone, he has shared some of his most personnal secrets with me, he le me use his shoulder as a pillow and he also treats me different from all the other girls. So, I think I could move in because he is already treating me like a girlfriend...well...I asked him out and he turned down. Here...is the main part of the discussion...guys why do you treat us like princesses then treat us like dirt when you finally get us on the hook?

The guy led me to think that he liked me and then turned me down...it really hurt. I know there has been other girls that have been treated like this so...can we have a discussion about this. Now, I am not saying that all guys are like this but a select bit of you are. Now, if this isn't a general discussion could you please move it to where it belongs. Thank you!

Alpha Centauri
You made the logic leap and fell, nobody led you on.

It's unfortunate but it's more your fault than his if you're going to blame anyone.

-AC

botankus
You just turned 17. So does that mean this is high school and not college? If so, maybe he didn't think his parents would think it was cool for you to move in!

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Queen Solomon
I hope this is a general discussion...well...I need some help and I am pretty sure this could help other people as well. There is this guy at school who is really sweet to me. He talks to me and helps me out with things he picks up things when I drop them, he talks to me on the phone, he has shared some of his most personnal secrets with me, he le me use his shoulder as a pillow and he also treats me different from all the other girls. So, I think I could move in because he is already treating me like a girlfriend...well...I asked him out and he turned down. Here...is the main part of the discussion...guys why do you treat us like princesses then treat us like dirt when you finally get us on the hook?

The guy led me to think that he liked me and then turned me down...it really hurt. I know there has been other girls that have been treated like this so...can we have a discussion about this. Now, I am not saying that all guys are like this but a select bit of you are. Now, if this isn't a general discussion could you please move it to where it belongs. Thank you!

I'm sorry that this happened to you, but treating someone nice and dating that person are two different things. It has been a long time sense I was is school but I've had the same thing happen to me, just the other way around.

Jedi Priestess

Unfortunate to be sure, but not uncommon. My sympathies. And the person who figures out exactly how each of the sexes works for sure is going to be a multi-millionaire. yes

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I'm sorry that this happened to you, but treating someone nice and dating that person are two different things. It has been a long time sense I was is school but I've had the same thing happen to me, just the other way around.

Precisely.

He was just really nice to you. If he didn't tell you he wanted more, there's no reason for you to assume so.

-AC

debbiejo
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Unfortunate to be sure, but not uncommon. My sympathies. And the person who figures out exactly how each of the sexes works for sure is going to be a multi-millionaire. yes For Sure!!

Most of my friends ARE guys and would treat me kinda neat, but at times their feelings would change to a more girlfriend attitude and I wouldn't catch the change...It's hard to figure out when feelings change when first you started off as friends......And sometimes it's uncomfortable to just come out and ask if feelings have changed...Sometimes you have to throw in hints, or asked someone else who knows the guy how he feels. That kinda takes the awkwardness out of it for you.

Shakyamunison
BTW never stop trying, no matter how much it hurts. That old saying "it is better to have loved and lost then to never have loved at all" is right on the money.

GCG

Has he ever been with other girls ?

botankus
His name by any chance wouldn't be Aaron, and he wouldn't be "Someone Special," would he? eek!

If so, can you say OCD?

Capt_Fantastic

Maybe he's gay?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Maybe he's gay?

So that would explain why he is nice. laughing jk

GCG

Mayb ehe is trying to discover what shampoo she uses.

Capt_Fantastic

Well, if he felt unthreatened by her, then she's gone and screwed that up by asking him out.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Well, if he felt unthreatened by her, then she's gone and screwed that up by asking him out.

Sex does strange things to people of all orientations.

FeceMan
...guys why do you treat us like princesses then treat us like dirt when you finally get us on the hook?

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

He turned you down and that's treating you like dirt?

Here's treating you like dirt:

He agrees to go out with you. He gets you drunk and has sex with you. He gets up in the morning, says he only was nice to you so he could bang you, and then you never hear from him again.

Got it? Good.

overlord
guys why do you treat us like princesses then treat us like dirt when you finally get us on the hook? Hmm.. I usually don't treat women I'm attracted to as princesses. If anything, I'm actually afraid to conversate with her too much if I don't know her because of fear of conflicting views.

But as for this case and because attraction is usually mutual, I'll say that he was either surprised and chickened out or was nice but gay. no expression

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by FeceMan
Whoa, whoa, whoa.

He turned you down and that's treating you like dirt?

Here's treating you like dirt:

He agrees to go out with you. He gets you drunk and has sex with you. He gets up in the morning, says he only was nice to you so he could bang you, and then you never hear from him again.

Got it? Good.

yep, that'd be dirt alright yes

Capt_Fantastic
So, in sumation of this entire thread:

Originally posted by overlord
But as for this case and because attraction is usually mutual, I'll say that he was either surprised and chickened out or was nice but gay. no expression

wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.