Storm' s Mindbenders, Thoughts of a Scatterbrain...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Storm

Bloigen
Give it a conclusion.

_Sanctuary_
no expression Intriguing..

Lord Magnus
Hmm... Philosophy forum perhaps?

You're very good at making threads... or is it just flattery?

Alpha Centauri

silver_tears
I respond with a thank you happy

Storm
Originally posted by Lord Magnus
Hmm... Philosophy forum perhaps?

You're very good at making threads... or is it just flattery?
No no expression

*Smiles.* Thank you stick out tongue

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

Raz
Thats very modestly shy of you Storm! stick out tongue

Bloigen
AHHHH!

Storm
Originally posted by Raz
Thats very modestly shy of you Storm! stick out tongue
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law stick out tongue

Raz
Handcuffs! eek!

Storm
naughty

Lana
laughing out loud

I find I tend to get flustered when people compliment me embarrasment

Alpha Centauri
I find it funny when it happens to me. Purely because if it's anyone I know but am not necessarily friends with, it seems like they're swallowing a bitter pill.

Otherwise I also just say thanks.

-AC

DarkC
Originally posted by Raz
Handcuffs! eek!
Fuzzy ones!

overlord

Syren
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I find it funny when it happens to me. Purely because if it's anyone I know but am not necessarily friends with, it seems like they're swallowing a bitter pill.

Otherwise I also just say thanks.

-AC

I really shouldn't have quoted this post, because you're guaranteed to say something negative in response, but I have to defend those of us who are capable of complimenting objectively. If you deserve the compliment, personal preference doesn't come into it. A person may not like you, but they can appreciate your qualities.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Syren
I really shouldn't have quoted this post, because you're guaranteed to say something negative in response, but I have to defend those of us who are capable of complimenting objectively. If you deserve the compliment, personal preference doesn't come into it. A person may not like you, but they can appreciate your qualities.

Which was my point wasn't it? Yes. See this is exactly what I mean.

A) I was referring solely to me and my experiences with receiving compliments from those who dislike me. EG: Your vote for me followed by a remark about my "ego". Not people complimenting people in general.

B) I never said it's always impossible to compliment objectively.

How you seemingly missed the fact that I spoke purely from personal experience there, I'll never know. However, if you'd kindly read my posts, possibly a few times, before commenting...I'd be grateful.

-AC

Syren
I didn't miss the fact that you were commenting on personal experience. How do you fathom that? I also commented from experience, I have complimented you when I felt you credited it and I don't recall having to swallow a bitter pill in the process. I just wondered why you find it amusing when someone you don't get along with compliments you. If, as you said, you see it as them humbling themselves to you, then I think you're wrong. Objectively, of course. You are so predictable.

Alpha Centauri
I didn't miss the fact that you were commenting on personal experience. How do you fathom that?

Here's how:

Your post is how. Defend those of US? Who? I'm speaking from personal experience. Who exactly did you have in mind? If you thought I included you, then yes it certainly SEEMS as though complimenting me is a bitter pill for you. I take this opinion (not stating it as fact) from how you tag something semi-negative about me on the end, everytime you compliment me. As if clarifying "But I don't like him...". Much like you did in the other thread earlier. As if appearing to have any remotely positive ideas of me is a sin.

You needn't reply in defense of anyone. You missed that I was speaking from personal experience because you tried to defend people I wasn't speaking about. If you knew I was speaking from experience, you'd not have replied as you did, logically. Makes no sense.

I also commented from experience, I have complimented you when I felt you credited it and I don't recall having to swallow a bitter pill in the process.

See this: "...then yes it certainly SEEMS as though complimenting me is a bitter pill for you. I take this opinion from how you tag on something semi-negative about me everytime you compliment me. As if clarifying "But I don't like him...". Much like you did in the other thread earlier."

Whether this is intended or not, you are giving off that impression. Be it consciously and denying it, or subconsciously and not realising.

I just wondered why you find it amusing when someone you don't get along with compliments you. If, as you said, you see it as them humbling themselves to you, then I think you're wrong. Objectively, of course. You are so predictable.

Predictable? Haha, I could probably script your KMC attitude. Moreover, I'm so predictable yet you ALWAYS either misunderstand or just straight up DON'T understand my posts. If you knew what was coming I'm sure you'd not have so much difficulty grasping my points. It's not rocket science. Anyway, the reason I find it funny is because I find it interesting how people's own egos work.

-AC

Syren
I've had enough of this. Is there any way, ever, that we are likely to become friends? Or even civilised acquaintances? Because contrary to popular belief, I do like you. You're pretty much the only person who is capable of making me think about what I'm saying.

F.uck the formalities, Centauri, if we were face to face right now, would we kiss and make up?

Alpha Centauri
Ironically I saw this post coming a week away. Then again I also predict that in the near future at some point, much like you did that past week, you'll tear into me (or attempt to) for being honest. It always has been your worst quality. Either way, I'm remembering this thread for reference.

I'm genuinely not trying to throw anything back in your face here, but it does really bug the hell out of me that you are now saying this a couple of days after calling me a spiteful, hateful person. These arguments are never two way, it really is always you as I've proven. You're quite the hypocrite and to be honest, I'm finding it harder to tolerate you every time we speak. This is the icing on the cake.

In reply to you, if a peace offering is what you're giving me, it's not needed. I have no grudges or enemies on this site. If you wanna avoid my posts, do so. I will reply to you as I would anyone, if I feel you have said something I wish to reply to (be it to agree or disagree). In the event that you are once again incapable of accepting that you are not an exception to my replies, then don't come moaning to me. I suggest that from this moment forward, that you make the decision to sort out your opinion of me. Because the last thing I really want to deal with again, is another Syren tantrum in which a thread gets derailed because you can't keep your emotions in check. This shit has happened way too many times for me to be bothering with it again and have you launch another inept attack at me.

Disclaimer: DON'T...I repeat...DON'T take this as any attack. I'm sure that you will, ironically, understand my points.

-AC

Syren
erm I really would like for us to be friends. What more can I say? I've been out of line on many occasions and for the most part, cannot control my emotions. So, whether you accept the peace offering or not, I wish it could have been different between us.

Lana
I'm going to pop in here to say that it'd be nice to NOT see two of my best friends on here always at each other's throats.....

stick out tongue

Syren
Lana, you always had the worst taste in friends laughing out loud

Lana
What does that say about yourself then, Kerry dear? stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
It's never me though. I'm not gonna take any blame for her instability, of which she admits to. It's happened way too many times and it will, inevitably, happen again. In which case I'll refer to this thread and once again prove my points.

-AC

Syren
Originally posted by Lana
What does that say about yourself then, Kerry dear? stick out tongue

That was my point, ma'am big grin

AC, if I were to vow to keep my emotions in check on pain of death, would you reconsider?

Alpha Centauri
Reconsider what? Why am I having any say in that which has absolutely nothing to do with me? I'm still gaining a chuckle at how I've gone from a mean, spiteful and hateful bully who does things to garner attention aside being one of the most "despicable people" you've met, to so someone you apparantly really want to be friends with.

If circumstance occurs in which case I end up liking you more/having respect for the changes you've made, then it does. I won't prevent it because I'm not like that. I won't enhance the chances of it either, because right now you're not someone I'd care to be friends with. Also be aware that being a "friend" doesn't put you out of the target if I feel I want to reply to you in any way.

I'm not asking you to go away and never discuss with me. I'm asking you to stop bringing this imaginary you/me situation into it all the time. I'm not involved in it. You are no exception and I reply to you as I would anyone. Clear? The irony is, everyone will clearly forget this and side with you again should you decide to flip out.

-AC

Syren
No one sides with me, you realise this. People just love a good massacre, it's entertaining.

I know there's no 'you/me' situation. I guess you could say I'm creating one. But it's because I would like to get to know you... I remember meeting you and admiring you, then somehow pissing you off because I have a tendency to be bloody immature and obnoxious. Consequently my admiration of you took a back seat when my need to prove some kind of stupid point came flowing to the fore.

Now, I'm seriously regretting my actions and would like to clean the slate. Jesus, I never humble myself. It's kinda painful.

And I know all this is irrelevant to you because you couldn't care less for my existence, but I need to air some thoughts, is all.

Alpha Centauri
No one sides with me, you realise this. People just love a good massacre, it's entertaining.

Well a few people quite clearly did side with you, although that was biased, I'm quite willing to bet.

The only massacre I saw, besides the one you put on yourself, was the massacre of two great threads. Which could have been prevented were it not for you being obnoxious. This may not be common knowledge to anyone outside of the mods, but I for one don't like the state the forum is in and have done more to make people (important people) think and change recently than anyone here probably knows. I don't like threads getting destroyed and it can be prevented by not being as sensitive and desperate.

I know there's no 'you/me' situation. I guess you could say I'm creating one. But it's because I would like to get to know you... I remember meeting you and admiring you, then somehow pissing you off because I have a tendency to be bloody immature and obnoxious. Consequently my admiration of you took a back seat when my need to prove some kind of stupid point came flowing to the fore.

And I know all this is irrelevant to you because you couldn't care less for my existence, but I need to air some thoughts, is all.

Well then sort it out. I would say I admire you admitting all this but it's nothing I've not told you before, about yourself. Which you've admitted and chosen not to act on.

It's in your hands, nobody elses. To end on an ironic, lighter note:

Now, I'm seriously regretting my actions and would like to clean the slate. Jesus, I never humble myself. It's kinda painful.

Painful? I thought you said complimenting me was never a bitter pill? wink. (Again, in seriousness, this is a case of you not thinking before you type).

-AC

Syren
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Well a few people quite clearly did side with you, although that was biased, I'm quite willing to bet.

The only massacre I saw, besides the one you put on yourself, was the massacre of two great threads. Which could have been prevented were it not for you being obnoxious. This may not be common knowledge to anyone outside of the mods, but I for one don't like the state the forum is in and have done more to make people (important people) think and change recently than anyone here probably knows. I don't like threads getting destroyed and it can be prevented by not being as sensitive and desperate.

More than likely, of course I know my legion of followers are biased. I promise them good stuff. Seriously though, you're right. And I know you don't need me to tell you that. It's more a case of me needing to say it.

The pill went down quite smoothly, it's the knowledge of swallowing it that causes the most trauma.

AC, I'm not dropping to my knees here. Dangerous things could ensue should I stoop any lower embarrasment

Alpha Centauri
Holy christ, do you have some talent for trying to make me look like Satan, subconsciously AND consciously? Either you're ranting like a demon about how hateful I am, making me seem like an ogre, or humbling yourself to the degree that people probably think "AC is a bastard, he's enjoying this" (which I am, considering the amount of shit I've put up with).

That whole paragraph above (besides the part in brackets) was humourous, by the way. I didn't mean it, though I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

In seriousness, I don't know what you're waiting for from me. I can't do anything. I've said all I can logically say. All the problems and issues lie with you. I have laid out what I feel about it as I have done so many times. Whether you act on what you are admitting for the millionth time, is up to you.

You're making this a bigger issue than it needs to be.

-AC

Syren
Ok, I got it. I'm responsible for what comes next, blah blah... nothing's ever easy.

I apologise for my behaviour, and I damn well mean it.

AOR

Storm
*Falls on knees and raises fist towards the sky yelling.*
My thread, my beautiful thread into ashes crybaby

Clovie
just say thank you without getting into hidden meanings erm

Syren
Originally posted by Storm
*Falls on knees and raises fist towards the sky yelling.*
My thread, my beautiful thread into ashes crybaby

Storm cry

I don't know what came over me, I'm sorry ninja

overlord
erm I really would like for us to be friends. What more can I say? I've been out of line on many occasions and for the most part, cannot control my emotions. So, whether you accept the peace offering or not, I wish it could have been different between us. Hmm.. I didn't view the previous questioning of AC's view as an emotional induced response.. It came across rather neutral actually.

I actually also don't really believe that complimenting is like a swallowing a bitter pill for (most) people. They usually do something irrational in those cases or don't say anything at all. Not many people are honourable enough to compliment when they feel like they are inferior in a certain aspect.
So I find it a rather odd perception as well.

But of course it was a personal one so I won't question too much.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.