So what's the thoughts on Two Face?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atharpina
I honestly don't know a whole lot about the character past how they present him on the animated series and on Batman Forever. I've gathered that most people hate the version depicted in the latter so is basically everyone hopings hes more the lethal quiet type in his movie?

Silverstein
well in BB2, one artists thinks they should ditch the split suit costume, and have the coin act like a transformation thing, like heads he stays as harvey dent, normal person. tails he becomes 'two face' the villain...thats just what some artist said i think it's cool. I just dont want him narrating everything he does in an announcer voice like batman forever

NoFate007
I think they should keep the split suit thing but not make it stupid looking like in BF. How I would do it...

Get a guy like Guy Pearce or Gary Sinise or something who looks like a genuine good guy, and have the accident where his face gets all messed up. I'd go with a bit of a greenish purple tint to it, not a purple and not a light blue or something too odd but like a mutated green/purple. Half black suit, half brown/tan/white/gray/blue, whatever. Half has to be black though. The coin, I'd definitely keep, but it would act as his conscience. It wouldn't be "I have to flip the coin until I get what I want" like in Batman Forever, it would be more like, he only uses it when he doubts himself, and when he flips it, that's the deciding factor. Say he has Batman beat to hell and his thugs want to finish him off, he'll flip the coin and if its Harvey's side, he'd go "No, leave him. Let's continue with the other plans" or something, you know?

And I think everyone loves the death idea where he throws all the coins up and it makes Harvey do something or other, that was always kind of cool.

Silverstein
Originally posted by NoFate007
I think they should keep the split suit thing but not make it stupid looking like in BF. How I would do it...

Get a guy like Guy Pearce or Gary Sinise or something who looks like a genuine good guy, and have the accident where his face gets all messed up. I'd go with a bit of a greenish purple tint to it, not a purple and not a light blue or something too odd but like a mutated green/purple. Half black suit, half brown/tan/white/gray/blue, whatever. Half has to be black though. The coin, I'd definitely keep, but it would act as his conscience. It wouldn't be "I have to flip the coin until I get what I want" like in Batman Forever, it would be more like, he only uses it when he doubts himself, and when he flips it, that's the deciding factor. Say he has Batman beat to hell and his thugs want to finish him off, he'll flip the coin and if its Harvey's side, he'd go "No, leave him. Let's continue with the other plans" or something, you know?

And I think everyone loves the death idea where he throws all the coins up and it makes Harvey do something or other, that was always kind of cool.

some good ideas there. But to be reallistic, the acid burnt side of Harvey would have to be reallistic...imagine of his face had acid actually thrown on it, almost like a burnt victim almost . then make it that colour...i was thinking he wears the original suit the acid was thrown on, so one side of his suit is normal, the other is ripped and stuff.

NoFate007
Originally posted by Silverstein
some good ideas there. But to be reallistic, the acid burnt side of Harvey would have to be reallistic...imagine of his face had acid actually thrown on it, almost like a burnt victim almost . then make it that colour...i was thinking he wears the original suit the acid was thrown on, so one side of his suit is normal, the other is ripped and stuff.

Yeah it definitely would have to be realistic, thats why I naturally assumed it would be some sort of a purple green, cause like, if you burn stuff it would become a reddish tint, but you know, throw in a little black and blue, it might be like a greenish purple. As for the original suit, idk, it would kinda seem like he hasn't gotten a shower in weeks haha. But I think they can't make it like, just a normal all black suit and a white tie or something like that, they gotta go a little weird with it.

Cascador
I would keep him black...which black actor would be good for the job...Denzel Washington is a very good actor but I don't see him as two-face...

Silverstein
i posted this awesome pic of the Two Face i was talking about ...somewhere in this forum. Hope someone can find it, yeah Denzel is a good choice, he's a good actor

Bardock42
I want him the way "The Long Halloween" portrayed him. Thatwould be great. First as D.A. and then really cruel Two Face. Maybe interacting with some bigshot villain who only has a small role ion that case (Joker)

Scarecrow756
I think in BB2 we should see him slowly becoming Two Face like sometimes he randomly lashes out with streams of anger and then finally in BB3 the accident shell completely throw him over the edge. Also in BB2 he should be portrayed as a really useful ally to Batman so that transition into Two Face in BB3 will be or the more tragic.

Morridini
In BB2 I would really like them to portray him exactly as he was in The Long Halloween, show how much Batman trusts him, how he is a good friend to batman. And one day Acid-->psycho.

lino111
maybe in the court he could throw a coin with two heads and then the guy would throw the acid and would burn dents face and one side of the coin. that way it wont have to show him as 2 face, but would only show the burned head on the coin.

Bardock42
Originally posted by lino111
maybe in the court he could throw a coin with two heads and then the guy would throw the acid and would burn dents face and one side of the coin. that way it wont have to show him as 2 face, but would only show the burned head on the coin.

Why should he throw a coin though?

NoFate007
You gotta show Two-Face as having the acid scarred half, that's like saying why don't we make The Joker look like a normal guy

lino111
re:Why should he throw a coin though?

He would use it as an evidence!
Like in the comics.

WrathfulDwarf
The character of Two Face must be portrayed is an whole new different way than it was in Batman Forever. Tommy Lee Jones is a fantastic actor but his role as Two Face was as bad as a train wreck. I've always insisted that Ray Liotta should have been picked for the role. He has the qualities of gangster (Goodfellas) and the split personality trait that would be valuable for the role.

NoFate007
Hm...Liotta...I never thought about him. I think he's too old now, but he could've been a great one back instead of TLJ. Its a shame too, that TLJ didn't get cast as Two-Face by a different director. He could've been great...instead of trying to be a Joker ripoff.

atharpina
I honestly didn't like Tommy Lee Jones at all. Not just because of how he portrayed Two Face, but also just the way he looked. He wasn't really cool looking, you know? He just seemed like some wrinkly awkward guy who got scarred in half.

NoFate007
http://www.batmans.de/images/large/Two-Face_Tobi.jpg
http://www.usby.freeuk.com/TwoFace.gif

I want to see something like that

Silverstein
he was too 'over-the-top' same with Jim Carey as The Riddler, and isn't Harvey Dent an african american??

Rafkins_Warning
I saw somewhere they're considering Liev Schreiber for Harvey Dent... I don't know if I could see him as Two Face but it'd be interesting to see anyway.

Morridini
Originally posted by Silverstein
he was too 'over-the-top' same with Jim Carey as The Riddler, and isn't Harvey Dent an african american??

Um, no. Harvey Dent is a white American.

Knightfall93
Harvey's like handsome, a good guy and Bruce's mate while a crucial ally for Batmn! Then he gets too stuck up over a case (some hard to get locked up, like Penguin), gets way too obsessed and even asks Batman to kill the guy, like in Annual 14, Eye of the Beholder.
Then Joker squirts him with acid flower and Harv kills all the court because he sneaked a gun in, thining of murdering Joker. He injures Joker and murders all jury, even killing Rachel, who he had an unofficial relationship with.

Morridini
One correction Knightfall, Harvey and Bruce are not friends, Harvey and Batman are friends. Dent despises rich playboys like Bruce, and even suspects him of being a murderer in The Long Halloween.

Knightfall93
OK, it dpends on your version. But, yeah, I think either way could work. Maybe Harvey is having a relationship with Rachel but she still feels for Bruce and it's against rules for her and Harv as DA and Assistant DA.

Lord Magnus
Wait... are you talking about the movies or is there a Rachel in the comics? Why didn't they have Talia?

Knightfall93
Errr... the films, and I pray Talia will come in in 2 or 3, trying to avenge her dad or fighting with him. He;ll be resurrected either way... or so I hope but Nolan may b 2 grounded in reality!

Lord Magnus
Who knows? Yeah, Talia's cool. She's taken over the League in the comics right?

NoFate007
I don't think they'll focus anymore on the League of Shadows, so I doubt that Talia will show up. But hey, we never know, they may bring her in the next film and use her as the love interest or something. I wouldn't mind seeing a small cameo, but I hope they don't focus as though Scarecrow as Ra's were the 2 biggest foes Batman will ever face and all that.

atharpina
Originally posted by NoFate007
I hope they don't focus as though Scarecrow as Ra's were the 2 biggest foes Batman will ever face and all that.

They were 2 OF the biggest foes Batman will ever face though. If they keep up with this supposed trilogy idea, then I think that the Joker, Two Face, and Scarecrow should be constantly revisisited, with little cameos and references, you know? I always did think of them as the top 3 in Batman's rogues gallery.

NoFate007
They certainly are two of his biggest foes, but I don't want them to make a trilogy based on "Batman's response to Ra's and Crane", know what I mean?

atharpina
haha well of course not. It's just that Chris Nolan stumbled into something when he had Crane written that way and had Cillian portray him, you know? Scarecrow simply has to return for at least a little while. After the success of BB I'm sure Warner Bros. would be more than willing to shell out the few extra bucks to get Cillian back in there.

NoFate007
That's why I'd like to see Crane get arrested as the opening scene of #2, and that's it. Then I think it should be focusing on other villains.

Knightfall93
I reckon Talia would be cool, I heard it would be Rachel Weisz acting as her. Joker and Two Face are the main bets but what about Talia comes to Gotham to avenge her dad in a smaller role and then falls for Bruce and saves him from Joker at the end?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.