SOTE Luke vs. ROTS Barriss Offee

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
Luke from the middle of Shadow's of the Emperor (to be precise when right after he and the Bothan's "capture" the Death Star Plans) vs. ROTS Barriss Offee.

Barriss is a Knight and Soresu Practitioner. Luke is a Padawan Learner and Luke is a Shien / Djem So Practitioner (note: Barriss uses Obi-Wan's form, Luke uses Anakin/Vader's form). I'd imagine at this time Luke is almost exactly inbetween how strong he is at the end of ESB and how strong he is in ROTJ (I'd say somewhere around or just above the strength of the avg. Jedi Knight). I'd say Barriss is slightly stronger than the avg. Jedi Knight. Who wins?

If you havn't read Shadows of the Emperor I highly recomend it

Tangible God
I haven't read it, but from the time you've given, I think I can conclude an answer.

Short Form:

If all the younglings from ROTS ganged up on ROTJ Luke, he'd be wasted, much less a full-fledged knight against pre-ROTJ Luke.

Dark Aristokrat
Post-Medstar Barriss would probably beat him. Her dedication to her form is consummate and unusual in jedi.

kamikz
Originally posted by darthsith19
Luke from the middle of Shadow's of the Emperor (to be precise when right after he and the Bothan's "capture" the Death Star Plans) vs. ROTS Barriss Offee.

Barriss is a Knight and Soresu Practitioner. Luke is a Padawan Learner and Luke is a Shien / Djem So Practitioner (note: Barriss uses Obi-Wan's form, Luke uses Anakin/Vader's form). I'd imagine at this time Luke is almost exactly inbetween how strong he is at the end of ESB and how strong he is in ROTJ (I'd say somewhere around or just above the strength of the avg. Jedi Knight). I'd say Barriss is slightly stronger than the avg. Jedi Knight. Who wins?

If you havn't read Shadows of the Emperor I highly recomend it

Dash Rendar is in that book right? I have played the old N64 game, not read the book though.

darthsith19
Yes, he is in the book. I've played the game, too, it's a good game. smile

Lana
Read the book, played the game....and Barriss would win stick out tongue

darthsith19
I say Barris but only cause her form beat Luke's form in ROTS

Maybe that's a bad reason. stick out tongue

Tangible God
Yeah, since Luke's form was "Swing like a Baseball bat."

Darth_Glentract
I don't know why Luke gets so much crap about how he fought. There were times when he was certainly less then perfect, but a lot of the fighting is around PT-era level.

Captain REX
At some points. People just moan because they can...

Anyways, I say Barriss. Luke was still training, without a mentor.

Tangible God
I go by what I've seen in the movies and... (sighs heavily) the CW series. In comparison to them, Luke's style was a drunken swing at a random person.

Captain REX
Which is ever so fun.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.