The X-Men vs Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Malo
no prep. Who wins?

Fight takes place in the middle of NYC. Doomsday is just rampaging thru the city and the X-men are first there to combat him.

The X-Men:
Cyclops
Emma Frost
Havok
Storm
Rogue
Nightcrawler
Ice Man
Colosus
Beast
Wolverine

vs

Doomsday H/P

Professor N
Doomsday took out mst of the justice league and superman.

He is as strong and durable as supes, has a healing factor, cant be killed by the same method twice (so for all intent purpose is practically invulnerable to physical attacks)

Not sure how he fairs up against telepaths but i dont see anyone here that would give him any trouble

id369
No PIS. Ema could just levitate and hold DoomD. In the air, while the rest of the X-Man comes up with a plan to dispose, contain, whatever.

demigawd
Which is a great plan, except Emma can't levitate people....

Blair Wind
Iceman is the only one that i think could even do anything....and thats debatable...

DrDoom101
Doomsday wins.

Ex11B
Someone is getting hurt bad.

DrDoom101
Everyone is getting hurt bad...What are the X-men even gonna do to DD?

id369
Originally posted by DrDoom101
Everyone is getting hurt bad...What are the X-men even gonna do to DD?

contanct Silver Surfer to come help them.................

TheKahn
Could Nightcrawler teleport an object into DD's head or teleport DD into the ground?

Fanboy
Can't they x-men just die and Doomsday kill them all?

NoFate007
Cyclops - dead
Emma Frost - might be able to do something, once
Havok - might be able to kill him once
Storm - dead
Rogue - THIS is interesting. Could Rogue drain Doomsday's immortality power away from him, and thusly sacrifice herself so that they can kill Doomsday, and then, since she has his powers, come back to life?
Nightcrawler - probably think of some teleportation method once
Ice Man - he's got one or two kills on Doomsday
Colosus - dead
Beast - dead
Wolverine - dead

Best bet I'd think...Wolverine and Colossus distract Doomsday, while Beast runs to get some sort of tech he could use. Emma figures out a way to contain him for a few moments while Rogue drains Doomsday. Cyclops and Havok blast the hell out of him while Storm hits him with lightning. That could be a kill right there. They kill him, and since his "healing factor" could be sorta taken completely out of him if Rogue lasts long enough, Iceman then freezes Doomsday's body to ungodly temperatures, maybe even freezes his insides just incase he would ever regenerate, and Nightcrawler teleports him to some safe place.

The Ion
I doubt Rogue could drain DD and even if she could, the last thing she would want to do is get within striking range to Doomsday. Classic Rogue was Class 50. H/P Doomsday was fighting a Mother Box enhanced Superman. That says it all right there.

King KAM
Emma Frost could beat him, mindwipping him, wouldnt kill him u kno, just make him useless

The Ion
If telepathy worked on DD he wouldn't be such a pain in the ass considering the JLA has 2 of the strongest telepaths on DC Earth on their team. H/P Doomsday was already mindless anyway.

demigawd
But then again, Manchester Black was able to mind control Doomsday.

The Ion
When was that?

demigawd
The storyline where Manchester ended up killing himself. Mind-controlled a bunch of Superman villains and turned it into this big game. Joe Kelly wrote it.

spetznaz
Originally posted by NoFate007

Best bet I'd think...Wolverine and Colossus distract Doomsday, while Beast runs to get some sort of tech he could use. Emma figures out a way to contain him for a few moments while Rogue drains Doomsday. Cyclops and Havok blast the hell out of him while Storm hits him with lightning. That could be a kill right there. They kill him, and since his "healing factor" could be sorta taken completely out of him if Rogue lasts long enough, Iceman then freezes Doomsday's body to ungodly temperatures, maybe even freezes his insides just incase he would ever regenerate, and Nightcrawler teleports him to some safe place.

Nice plan ....the only problem with it is that the only X-man who would survive would be Beast (since you said that he would run off to try and get some tech).
Maybe Nightcrawler could also escape if he acts smart and gets out of dodge.
Every other X-man on this team would be crushed.

Think about it .....Wolverine and Colossus would not even be able to distract DD since there is nothing they would be able to distract him with. What would Wolvie do? Try to scratch DD? What could Colossus do ....try to punch DD (when DD takes punches from Superman)?

Rogue.
Well, for one it would be absolutely suicidal for rogue to fly/walk/moonwalk anywhere near Doomsday. She wouldn't even be able to lay a finger on DD before she was mashed. Coming anywhere near DD would be a major error on the part of Rogue.

Cyclops/Havok/Storm ....the blasters. Ok, here we have a mix of concussive force, plasma, and lightning.
Effect? Basically none. When DD was going against the JLA blasting at him basically did zilch. Cyclops could blast away 'til his eyes go poof and all it would do is absolutely nothing.
Not only don't I think they could NOT kill him, but I doubt they would even hurt him in the first place (based on DD's showing with the JLA, as well as how he took Darkseid's OMEGA BEAMS pointblank ....somehow I doubt lightning from Storm packs a greater punch than the Omega effect).

IceMan.
This dude, written to his fullest, would be the best hope for the X-men team. However his utility would only be to help the X-men escape ....basically freeze DD and tell all the teammates to hightail it out of dodge.
Hence he is a nice escape card.

Basically, any character that can own the JLA (as well as others, for instance Darkseid) needs more than a smattering of X-men to stop him.
The only time the X-men should get out of bed to face DD is IF they have Jean on their side .....and I mean Jean as the Phoenix. Without the Phoenix the X-men are DD bait.
Even Prof. X wouldn't do squat to DD.

id369
yeah this team of X-man wont do anything to DD.

Lets give DD a new set off X-Men he can take on.

God Like Cable
Shaman X-Man
Magneto
Phoenix Jean Grey (w/mind blocks)
Exodus
Xavier
Sunfire
Juggernaut

King KAM
Originally posted by id369
yeah this team of X-man wont do anything to DD.

Lets give DD a new set off X-Men he can take on.

God Like Cable
Shaman X-Man
Magneto
Phoenix Jean Grey (w/mind blocks)
Exodus
Xavier
Sunfire
Juggernaut Juggernaut can beat DD but he will have to be smart about it, see people naturally think that jugs should slug with DD but thats not where Juggs true power lies, while phoenix holds DD still momentarily with TK Juggs Runs his fastsest, while Nate pushes him with TK and BAM!!!!!!!! he smacks the hell out of DD, just keep repeating until he is weakened then hurl him into the sun.

Jose123
Originally posted by King KAM
Juggernaut can beat DD but he will have to be smart about it, see people naturally think that jugs should slug with DD but thats not where Juggs true power lies, while phoenix holds DD still momentarily with TK Juggs Runs his fastsest, while Nate pushes him with TK and BAM!!!!!!!! he smacks the hell out of DD, just keep repeating until he is weakened then hurl him into the sun.

But wont DD simply revive and then pull himself out of the sun.

God I hope thats not something that could actually happen. It's to stupid to even type it let alone think it.

King KAM
Originally posted by Jose123

God I hope thats not something that could actually happen. It's to stupid to even type it let alone think it. my way to beat him was genius though wadnt it???

juggernaut66666
i know this does not belong here but juggy can't feel pain yep? But then how did the war hulk made him feel pain?

The Ion
Originally posted by Jose123

God I hope thats not something that could actually happen. It's to stupid to even type it let alone think it.
The sun probably wouldn't kill him since Heat Vision is hotter and ineffective. Even still, DD kept dying and reviving himself at the end of time. He hasn't shown a limit to what he can revive from.

Jose123
Originally posted by The Ion
The sun probably wouldn't kill him since Heat Vision is hotter and ineffective. Even still, DD kept dying and reviving himself at the end of time. He hasn't shown a limit to what he can revive from.

Crash!!!

**dies of a brain aneurysm**

Ex11B
Cyclops - dead
Storm - dead
Rogue - THIS is interesting. Could Rogue drain Doomsday's immortality power away from him, and thusly sacrifice herself so that they can kill Doomsday, and then, since she has his powers, come back to life?
Colosus - dead
Beast - dead
Wolverine - dead

Uh Oh...once the wolvie fanboys see the death of Wolverine on here.They will swarm on here like flies on shit to protest.

GalacticStorm
my way to beat him was genius though wadnt it??? A bit convoluted considering you were including Phoenix in your plan. Why not just get Phoenix to incinerate him or disperse his molecules across the universe.

If its Jean without manifesting her phoenix powers then none of the people u mentioned have the power to hurl him into space from earth.

King KAM
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
A bit convoluted considering you were including Phoenix in your plan. Why not just get Phoenix to incinerate him or disperse his molecules across the universe.

If its Jean without manifesting her phoenix powers then none of the people u mentioned have the power to hurl him into space from earth. Nate or Jugs can do it....

GalacticStorm
Nate or Jugs can do it....

Neither of them could hurl Doomsday from Earth to the Sun. Do u realise how far that is. Not only that but do u really think Juggs aim is that good? LOL

NoFate007
Originally posted by Ex11B
Cyclops - dead
Storm - dead
Colosus - dead
Beast - dead
Wolverine - dead

Uh Oh...once the wolvie fanboys see the death of Wolverine on here.They will swarm on here like flies on shit to protest.

Let 'em. I'm a Wolverine fan and he's probably my favorite character from the X-Men, but if Doomsday beats the entire Justice League, no way Wolverine's walking out of that one alive.

inamilist
from wikipedia:

Doomsday returned yet again in the miniseries The Doomsday Wars. In this series, Brainiac uses his technology to travel to the end of time to retrieve Doomsday in order to combine the beast's massive power with Brainiac's formidable intellect. Doomsday's will proves too strong to override completely with psionics

so, he has a strong psi resistance apparently :P

Boozing
ice man may be able too

inamilist
as far as my knowledge of Bishop goes, can't he absorb kinetic energy?

if so, he might be able to, once...

Boozing
naw there no way bishop could kill doomsday once

NoFate007
They seriously need to find one way that permanently will kill Doomsday. They should've kept him killed at the "end of time" thing.

inamilist
Originally posted by Boozing
naw there no way bishop could kill doomsday once

:P

im just throwin out some ideas

lol

Boozing
Originally posted by inamilist
:P

im just throwin out some ideas

lol
lol emma, rogue, storm all have slight channces.

iceman has a good chance

inamilist
would doomsday be able to kill iceman?

Boozing
Originally posted by inamilist
would doomsday be able to kill iceman?

I doubt it. it be like a never ending stalemate

inamilist
I doubt it. it be like a never ending stalemate

kinda what i figured

would iceman be able to "contain" doomsday in ice say, in antarctica where its -0 C all year (stupid global warming......)

failing that, in space in the form of an ice meteior if the x men could launch him somehow?

Boozing
ice man could just freeze ever molicule in his body

inamilist
smile

cheap cabbage
If this doomsday hasn't gotten intelligent yet, then the x-men are torn limb from limb. Telepathy is the only thing that could give the x-men a chance to survive, but a mindless doomsday rips em up. Juggy isnt as strong or fast as DD, and current jugs could get killed by some idiot with a pipe bomb. Magneto could hold DD off, but doesnt have the endurance to do it indefinetly. None of the other x-men could even scratch him, so after mag's shield/hold wears off, they all die in terrible agony. Phoenix is an automatic win for the x-men since nothing short of PC supes could even touch her.

grey fox
While the x-men are having their shit ruined , Xavier calls in the shiar , gladiator flings doomsday so far into space that it would take him hundreds of thousands of millions of years to even get close to the milky way.....

Juntai
Originally posted by cheap cabbage
If this doomsday hasn't gotten intelligent yet, then the x-men are torn limb from limb. Telepathy is the only thing that could give the x-men a chance to survive, but a mindless doomsday rips em up. Juggy isnt as strong or fast as DD, and current jugs could get killed by some idiot with a pipe bomb. Magneto could hold DD off, but doesnt have the endurance to do it indefinetly. None of the other x-men could even scratch him, so after mag's shield/hold wears off, they all die in terrible agony. Phoenix is an automatic win for the x-men since nothing short of PC supes could even touch her. Doomsday has already become immune to telepathy.

Cosmic Cube
Nightcrawler teleports him apart.

Wait... he wouldn't do that.

demigawd
Wouldn't or couldn't?

Jose123
Originally posted by demigawd
Wouldn't or couldn't?

He could but he Wouldn't.

Not who he is.

The Ion
lol emma, rogue, storm all have slight channces.

iceman has a good chance
No they don't. What are Rogue and Storm going to do? Tickle him?

Uberking Robert
Originally posted by Professor N
Doomsday took out mst of the justice league and superman.

He is as strong and durable as supes, has a healing factor, cant be killed by the same method twice (so for all intent purpose is practically invulnerable to physical attacks)

Not sure how he fairs up against telepaths but i dont see anyone here that would give him any trouble

It was a pretty weak JLA lineup from what I remember. And he didn't really "take out" Superman because he himself was also killed, even tho not permanently.

Boozing
Originally posted by The Ion
No they don't. What are Rogue and Storm going to do? Tickle him?
rogue could take his powers and kill him. storm could lightning the shit out a him.

Boozing
/

ZephroCarnelian
rogue could take his powers and kill him. storm could lightning the shit out a him.

Doomsday would see Rogue coming and punch her. This will kill her
instantly.

Storm's lightning will do nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

smile

spetznaz

Oh please!
Doomsday defeated the JLA ....and did so in a matter of minutes.
The only one that gave him some difficulty was Superman, who he 'killed' (actually they both 'killed' each other).
Later on Superman (once both had come back to life) fought Doomsday again, with the difference being that this time Superman was enhanced with a motherbox.
Once again Superman lost.
The only way they defeated DD was to send him to the end of time.

Gog has also had amazing showings against Gog, as well as Imperiex probes (probes which had killed or injured most of Earth's heroes).

And you are saying Storm would be any sort of threat to him. That Ororo's lightning could take down DD.
Goodness!
Not only would it not kill DD but it wouldn't even hurt him.
The guy has been blasted with far worse than lightning.

Goodness, the guy took a point blank blast from Darkseid. DARKSEID! If someone can shrug off Omega beams what in goodness name is LIGHTNING from an XMAN (or in this case Xwoman)?

As for Rogue ....as I said before, Rogue flying close to DD is plain suicide. To absorb them Rogue would have to touch DD, meaning that DD could also 'touch' her.
Not a very prudent course of action for anyone to get near DD.

Conclusion: The X-men need the Phoenix (not Jean ...the Phoenix) to have a chance of defeating DD.
None of the X-men powerhouses have a chance (Colossus and Rogue's strength is a joke).
None of their psychics have a chance Xavier, Emma and Jean need more oomph)
None of their blasters have the salt to even hurt DD let alone seriously damage him (Storm, Gambit, Cyclops, etc would simply be wasting time .....unless the somehow amped their abilities whereby they pack more octane than Darkseid's Omega beams).

DD defeated the JLA in minutes.
He would defeat the X-men in seconds.

Boozing
Originally posted by spetznaz
Oh please!
Doomsday defeated the JLA ....and did so in a matter of minutes.
The only one that gave him some difficulty was Superman, who he 'killed' (actually they both 'killed' each other).
Later on Superman (once both had come back to life) fought Doomsday again, with the difference being that this time Superman was enhanced with a motherbox.
Once again Superman lost.
The only way they defeated DD was to send him to the end of time.

Gog has also had amazing showings against Gog, as well as Imperiex probes (probes which had killed or injured most of Earth's heroes).

And you are saying Storm would be any sort of threat to him. That Ororo's lightning could take down DD.
Goodness!
Not only would it not kill DD but it wouldn't even hurt him.
The guy has been blasted with far worse than lightning.

Goodness, the guy took a point blank blast from Darkseid. DARKSEID! If someone can shrug off Omega beams what in goodness name is LIGHTNING from an Xman?

As for Rogue ....as I said before, Rogue flying close to DD is plain suicide. To absorb them Rogue would have to touch DD, meaning that DD could also 'touch' her.
Not a very prudent course of action for anyone to get near DD.

Conclusion: The X-men need the Phoenix (not Jean ...the Phoenix) to have a chance of defeating DD.
None of the X-men powerhouses have a chance (Colossus and Rogue's strength is a joke).
None of their psychics have a chance Xavier, Emma and Jean need more oomph)
None of their blasters have the salt to even hurt DD let alone seriously damage him (Storm, Gambit, Cyclops, etc would simply be wasting time .....unless the somehow amped their abilities whereby they pack more octane than Darkseid's Omega beams).

DD defeated the JLA in minutes.
He would defeat the X-men in seconds.

hey I said could not that she would ever get the chance

The Ion
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Doomsday would see Rogue coming and punch her. This will kill her
instantly.

Storm's lightning will do nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

smile
Rogue Vs DD would go something like this multiplied by 100.

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/3470/deathofsupermantpb1321yw.th.jpg

cheap cabbage
Originally posted by Juntai
Doomsday has already become immune to telepathy.

Very, well. But intelligence is still his weak point. He can feel fear and therefore doubt. Superman only beat him by making him fear death and doubting victory. While the x-men may not instill nearly as much as one and only the man of steel, wolverine and Xavier might be able to pull some scary shit out. But lets not confuse whose side i'm on. Doomsday disembowels them all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.