Suggestion to what Batman comics to buy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morridini
I was wondering if any of u have any suggestions as to which comics I should read next. I read some Batman on Norwegian when I was younger, and took it up again (on English this time) about a year and a half ago. I have now ordered and read several good comics from Amazon.com, as the access to Batman comics is zero in Norway. I have almost finished all the comics I have bought (and before I got myself a credit card I had to download comics). This is what I have read, and what might u think i should buy next?

I have read 3 good comic-books by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale;
Batman: Haunted Knight
Batman: The Long Halloween (excellent, this book made me a Harvey Dent fan)
Batman: Dark Victory

I really loved the feel and plot in Halloween, I haven't found any other Batman comics from that pair, do they exist?

From Frank miller I have read:
Batman: Year One (I would probably have liked it more if I was able to read Gordons thoughts)
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (a suitable end for Bruce Wayne, also good)
Batman: The Dark Knight Strikes again.

I also read the book Batman: Bruce Wayne Murderer?, I liked the book until the ending, where Batman made a decision I didn't think fit the Batman persona, yet some months after reading it I discovered the Batman: Fugitive series which continued this, and book One made up for the mistake in Murderer. So all in all I liked this series too.

I also read the comic Batman: Blind Justice, where Bruce Wayne is charged with murder and we get to see his meeting with Henry Ducard, also good.

So all in all I have enjoyed all the comics I have bought. Other then these I have also read Hush on my computer, and Ra's al Ghul: Year One and Scarecrow: Year One.

So do anyone have any suggestions for me? And what is the name of the comic where Jason Todd dies?

Scarecrow756
The name of the comic in which Jason Todd dies in is Batman: A Death in the Family. And might I advise another good comic to read is Wars Games Act 1,2 and 3. But apart from that I say that you have probably read all the good Batman stories there are. Apart from Batman: The Killing Joke and Arkem Asylum those are also good to read as well. I hope my advice has helped you.

atharpina
How could I find Ra's Al Ghul: year one and Scarecrow: year one?

OB1-adobe
Knightfall, Knightquest, and Knightsend

Hush

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Morridini

So do anyone have any suggestions for me? And what is the name of the comic where Jason Todd dies?

That would be A Death in the Family. I highly suggest you read Hush. You might want to pick up the Infinite Crisis miniseries to be updated on Batman and the DC Universe.

Morridini
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into it.

Why have two people recommended Hush when I said I have read it?

WrathfulDwarf
Because you have to read again and again. It really is that good. stick out tongue

I didn't know that Hush was available for pc. I read the paperbacks.

OB1-adobe
the first 4 issues of shadow of the bat are pretty good too

Morridini
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I didn't know that Hush was available for pc. I read the paperbacks.

Everything is available at PC, *cough* if u know where to look *cough*

WrathfulDwarf
You mention amazon.com. I think you can subscribed to the Batman Comic book throught account service. I've never done it. Only directly from DC.

Knightfall93
If your going to read War Games, the prequel is War Drums. Also, the sequel to Death in the Family is A Lonely Place of Dying, I haven't read it but its a similar style to Death in the Family and Tim Drake becomes Robin. I'd recommend Knightfall and Knightsend. Plus, after Knightsend there's Prodigal where Dick stands in as Batman. Finally, I enjoyed Cataclysm, the 5 book No Mans Land series and Contagion/ Legacy are cool too!

Morridini
Cataclysm and No Mans Land is the comics about Gotham getting destroyed and rebuilt right? If not what is the name of those comics, an dare they any good?

Lord Magnus
Yeah, that's Cataclysm and No Man's Land. And they're good, they have my all-time favorite Scarecrow story in Volume 1 where he kicks butt without the gases. And in Volume 4, my favorite 2-Face story, entitled Jurispendence, where he both prosecutes and defends Jim Gordon in a "trial."

braz
Yeah, ive bought The Long Halloween, read it twice, grreeat story just loved it
and The Dark Knight Returns, havnt read it yet, how good would yall say this is compared to the long halloween?

Knightfall93
Is the No Mans Land 2 Face one with Gordon the 1 where Jim demands Harvey Dent as his defence lawyer? And there are two "New Gotham" stories about when it was rebuilt: Evolution and Officer Down (officer down is where gordon gets shot!)

Knightfall93
And Batman: Year 2 is wicked! There's this crazy vigilante killing criminals AND cops so Batman goes over the edge and uses a gun and allies himself with his parents killer, Joe Chill! The graphic novel of it comes with the SWEET Full Circle story where a new Reaper is chopping up people, especially whores!

Knightfall93
Basically, check out www.thebatsquad.net (or it might be .org) and if you enter the Batman part it lists all the key events in continuity. I hear The Devil's Advocate is way good! There's a good comic where the JLA sack Batman, JLA: Tower of Babel!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.