Why bring out cut films ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cropsy_is_god

DarkWizard
That All depends on what type of Audience I would want to show it to, besides myself really. But alone, No. But then again what if the sequence was very dumb and had nothing to do with the plot whatsoever? I think I would very much like it cut out if I disliked it.

cropsy_is_god
Yes i can agree with you, I hate animal cruelty that shouldn't happen at all, Rape is another thing that shouldnt happen but slasher films like the Friday the 13th's & hellraisers i think that should be uncut.

DarkWizard
It's all a matter of perspective. What may seem like 7 useless minutes to one person, may seem like a key element in the film for another.

LizzyT123
Hmmm, I don't know, depends on the movie. And now-a-days, you can see all the cut parts on DVD, I mean, a lot of Rob Zombies fans wouldn't be able to see his first movie if it was completely uncut, it would be rated NC-17 or whatever in the US. I don't know, if its cut, I would keep it on the dvd to watch after the movie smile

cropsy_is_god
I wish all the Friday the 13th's would come out uncut. and why on earth was The Burning banned i thought that was a decent slasher but not something that should have been banned

Wolfie
The MPAA is a strange business. Movies that would get an R rating 20 years ago would get a PG-13 rating now.

In today's world, your movie needs to be rated by the MPAA. No theaters will show unrated movies. Of course, studios now are choosing their target audience and edit their movies accordingly. None want the NC-17 rating anymore because that means less ticket sales. Dimension Studios edited Cursed to get the PG-13 rating so they could sell more tickets.

But with DVDs today, you want the unrated version, it'll come out. But with the large amount of uncut editions (Exorcism of Emily Rose, Wedding Crashers, Land of the Dead, High Tension), it's hard for me to believe anymore that these people had to cut their movie to get their rating. My theory is that director's are purposely making extra scenes with intentions to cut them out of the theatrical release and place them in a special "uncut" edition to sell more DVDs. "Unrated and extended" sounds better, doesn't it?

Anyway, ignoring all I said above, the reason for bringing out the cut versions to begin with is so people have the choice. Some say, "Hey, it was cut for a reason, right? Those extra scenes weren't necessary." That's true a lot of the time. I go by the philosophy of getting more movie for my dollar though.

Pandemoniac
Good points. They rather make money instead of pleasing fans, and they only please fans for even more money.

devilsreject304
If i'm going to watch a horror, I want to see ALL of the gore.

cropsy_is_god
Same. Im not to keen on buying previously banned horror films coz you know that in most of them there's gore scenes missing.

wesleyjaymes
Originally posted by devilsreject304
If i'm going to watch a horror, I want to see ALL of the gore.

Totally, what is a movie with all the good parts cut out? How boring would the "Dead" movies be if all the blood and guts were cut out? Just a bunch of stupid zombies walking around grunting. It would be pitiful.

Leave the movies alone.

smile

cropsy_is_god
I hate censors

Zilverz
Well im sure the Producers of the film (the money bags) are the ones that press for a certain rating because they want to maximize the profit off the film. Im sure the director would choose to unedit there film and leave it as the true intent if they had the choice.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.