Blocking Telepathy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ixie
Does anyone know already know the answer to the question: Can Invivible Woman's force field block telepathy and telekinesis?

botcherby
I have no idea... why this is in Xmen

Boozing
hmm telepthy I have no idea but telekinesis I would think so. it depends if it stronger then her force field or not

Disappear
sue's force fields have torn apart a celestial. i'd say they've got enough in 'em to stop most any level of telekinesis this side of creation. telepathy is another matter altogether, and i doubt she could block out conventional TP. physical manifestations of telepathic energy, such as betsy's traditional knives, would likely have trouble getting through.

willRules
should be in the Q & A thread..........

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Disappear
sue's force fields have torn apart a celestial. i'd say they've got enough in 'em to stop most any level of telekinesis this side of creation. telepathy is another matter altogether, and i doubt she could block out conventional TP. physical manifestations of telepathic energy, such as betsy's traditional knives, would likely have trouble getting through.

You must remember that IW's fields did that more because of the shared nature of her power and that of the Celestials (Both derived from hyperspace) than because her fields were supremely powerful.

She can block telekinesis as shes shown on panel. The extent to which she can do this i dont know because her shields have been bypassed due to the mental fatigue caused by withstanding attacks.

As for telepathy theres no conclusive evidence supporting that.

Disappear
i don't see where the two would become mutually exclusive. the field was woven into the physical makeup of the celestial because of their shared nature, perhaps, but to destroy the utterly indestructible requires more than basic familiarity.

sue's forcefields are naturally tied to her mind, and she's been driven to physical weakness faster due to psionic attack gladiator isn't telepathic, per se, but "psychic feedback" can come in many forms.

GalacticStorm
i don't see where the two would become mutually exclusive. the field was woven into the physical makeup of the celestial because of their shared nature, perhaps, but to destroy the utterly indestructible requires more than basic familiarity.

Celestials by all accounts are virtually indestructible. It takes an immense power to tear them apart. The Destroyer empowered by Odin and the entire Asgardian pantheon, along with the leading skyfathers of the other pantheons on earth all empowered the destroyer to attack the Celestial 3rd host. Despite all of that power not a single scratch was placed on any member of that 3rd host. Unless youre telling me IW's shields are capable of more destructive force than the aforementioned sum then it would seem my previous statement was far more likely to be the case.

IW's shields could inflict damage like that to the Celestial because of the shared nature of their powers. Wasnt that shared nature also revealed in that same issue? I could be wrong. Regardless with what ive said in mind you cant doubt my statement to be far more likely be the case.

sue's forcefields are naturally tied to her mind, and she's been driven to physical weakness faster due to psionic attack gladiator isn't telepathic, per se, but "psychic feedback" can come in many forms.

That stands to reason. However im not entirely sure how this ties into my previous post to be honest. Theres no evidence that conclusively shows Sue can block telepathy. There are however cases where telepathy has got through her shields. Telekinesis however cannot.

Disappear
the latter paragraph wasn't directed at you, GS. twas just another comment to add to the bundle, with information i picked up betwixt my two posts.

you're making stands against what i've said as if it's the polar opposite of what you've said, which i believe it is not. hence the "not mutually exclusive" theme of my last post's first paragraph. however, regardless of the "shared nature" of sue's powers and the celestial armor, the feat cannot be discredited as if it were not powerful. to intertwine the very fabric of her shield with the celestial can be accredited to the "shared nature," but causing the damage she did takes a step further, which could not have been accomplished without brute force. and very high-level brute force at that.

Paola
moving..

GalacticStorm
the latter paragraph wasn't directed at you, GS. twas just another comment to add to the bundle, with information i picked up betwixt my two posts.

you're making stands against what i've said as if it's the polar opposite of what you've said, which i believe it is not. hence the "not mutually exclusive" theme of my last post's first paragraph. however, regardless of the "shared nature" of sue's powers and the celestial armor, the feat cannot be discredited as if it were not powerful. to intertwine the very fabric of her shield with the celestial can be accredited to the "shared nature," but causing the damage she did takes a step further, which could not have been accomplished without brute force. and very high-level brute force at that.

But youre missing the point that the brute force of the worlds pantheons could not make a scratch on any of the Celestials, therefore while what she achieved did entail brute force, taking into account previous Celestial appearances the shared nature of their abilities was far more the deciding factor than the brute force appliable by the IW. That stands to reason.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Celestials by all accounts are virtually indestructible. It takes an immense power to tear them apart. The Destroyer empowered by Odin and the entire Asgardian pantheon, along with the leading skyfathers of the other pantheons on earth all empowered the destroyer to attack the Celestial 3rd host. Despite all of that power not a single scratch was placed on any member of that 3rd host. Unless youre telling me IW's shields are capable of more destructive force than the aforementioned sum then it would seem my previous statement was far more likely to be the case.

Hasn't Moljnir pierced a Celestial b4 ? It really comes down which happend most recently ?

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Hasn't Moljnir pierced a Celestial b4 ? It really comes down which happend most recently ?

Yes but it was also stated that the Celestials wanted Thor to gain entry. KG and CC are the best people to ask about that incident. They had a debate on it.

redcaped
To me a powerful mind contains all kind of power control. My favorite villain is "Loki" He hypnotized Thor and control things from far distances.

hoorayforpeepee
Celestials are mile-high vibranium suits. unless people think sue's forcefield is > than vibranium (it would have to be very thick to maintain structural integrity, seeing as it's a mile high), in coordination with the aforementioned skyfather beatdown, then i'm calling PIS. a whole steaming pile of PIS.

Psycho Ninja
Why vibranium ?? Not Adamantium ??

manjaro
im willing to go out on a limb and say that vibranium is more powerful than its adamantium counterpart and if not defintaly better...why? cuz its all about kinetic absorption, where as adamanitum just cant be broken, vibranium is just a small step below it, and it can take anything anybody can dish out

The Ion
You aren't going out on a limb. Adamantium was made in an attempt to duplicate Vibranium, more specifically Cap's shield. Vibranium is definitely more durable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.