Goriest scene in a Horror movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathbycorn
What are the Goriest scenes you have seen in a horror film?

I'd go with the scene in Children of the Corn 2 where the leader, Micah, has a voodoo doll with him of the man sitting in the front row at the church they are in. Micah starts to carve into the wooden doll and the man at the front starts bleeding from the eyes, ears, nose and mouth and then dies in his own pool of blood http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/smilies/cartoon/laugh.gif

Wolfie
I'm sure this was discussed before but oh well.

Dead Alive when Lionel was chopping all the zombies up with the lawnmower. big grin

-hh-
Originally posted by Wolfie

Dead Alive when Lionel was chopping all the zombies up with the lawnmower. big grin i was about to say that sick i remember one of the zombie heads rolls into this random blender on the floor laughing

Wolfie
laughing out loud

He's slipping in the blood and starts using heads and various body parts as stepping stones. laughing out loud

DarkWizard
In 'From Dusk Till Dawn', when the Chinese kid is being eaten by about 6 vampires.

deathbycorn
In Silence of the Lambs where Hannibal kills the two police officers and props one of them up on the jail cage like the death moth (?) and his guts are ripped open and there is just a big hole in his stomach!

Cinemaddiction
Bah.

Rhodes being torn apart in the hallway of the bunker in "Day of the Dead". Lionel's New Zealand Lawnmower Massacre in a close second.

BackFire
The goriest scenes, as in, the most amounts of blood and violence, would be the two CA mentioned, however, the most effective gore scene would be the fire extinguisher scene in Irreversible, stomach turning and amazing that scene was.

deathbycorn
The Alligator skinning in Last Cannibal World aka Jungle Holocaust is sick.

StinkFist462
Cannibal Holocaust final segement.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by deathbycorn
What are the Goriest scenes you have seen in a horror film?

For me one of the goriest and MOST painful deaths in horror had to be Uncle Frank's last scene in Hellraiser.

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by BackFire
The goriest scenes, as in, the most amounts of blood and violence, would be the two CA mentioned, however, the most effective gore scene would be the fire extinguisher scene in Irreversible, stomach turning and amazing that scene was.

Owww yes, that was one of the most shocking and horrible things I ever saw in a movie

deathbycorn
http://bloody-disgusting.com/forums/image.php?u=5897&dateline=2005

LizzyT123
one part of Hostel where this girl's eye is just drooping down, and this guy doesn't know what to do, so he cuts it OFF! and goop goozes out of it. F*CKIN NASTY, lmao smile, I didn't give out who the people were, so don't b*tch about it big grin

Also, The Company of Wolves, were the traveling husband pulls his face off. ewwww

Nevermind

Dead Alive when Lionel was chopping all the zombies up with the lawnmower. big grin

Hell yeah. The whole house part where everyone is a zombie basically. Goriest movie I've ever seen.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by LizzyT123
one part of Hostel where this girl's eye is just drooping down, and this guy doesn't know what to do, so he cuts it OFF! and goop goozes out of it. F*CKIN NASTY, lmao smile, I didn't give out who the people were, so don't b*tch about it big grin

Also, The Company of Wolves, were the traveling husband pulls his face off. ewwww

Yes, yes, yes. Definitely one of the most goriest scenes in film history and the best part in "Hostel" IMO.

It was so gory, it was funny. Not because it was laughable but because it was crazy as hell..

LizzyT123
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Yes, yes, yes. Definitely one of the most goriest scenes in film history and the best part in "Hostel" IMO.

It was so gory, it was funny. Not because it was laughable but because it was crazy as hell..

yeah, I laughed like crazy for the same reason!

devilsreject304
I liked the chainsaw scene in Haute Tension. Not the GORIEST ive ever seen, but pretty good.

Wolfie
Yeah, not overly gory but very graphic.

WrathfulDwarf

I really want to see this Hostel. I keep hearing very positive comments regarding the gore of this film. Hopefully it won't be a let down.

DanieLs_4_Ever
I haven't seen a movie with a gory enough scene to be placed into this thread, unfortunately sad I have not seen many movies lately.

deathbycorn
Not the goriest scene but the scene in Alien 3 where the alien implants itself inside the dog and then explodes out of it.

jayy
Final Destination II. Where the fence cuts the guy into shreads. And when the big piece of glass falls on the boy leaving the dentist office.

Very good blood and gore. Check it out.

cool

Wolfie
Those scenes sucked.

'Nuff said.

cool

jayy
Those scenes sucked.

'Nuff said.

cool

laughing laughing laughing laughing

LizzyT123
Those scenes sucked.

'Nuff said.

cool

that was a total "jayy"!

jayy
that was a total "jayy"!

Where do you think he got that from? Get real and get original.

roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wolfie
that was a total "jayy"!
Satire through immitation, gotta love it!

LizzyT123
Originally posted by jayy
Where do you think he got that from? Get real and get original.

roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Geez jayy, pull the tampon out. How about we actually discuss a movie, instead of jayy constanly,"nuff said"-ing. Just because you don't like one movie, doesn't mean we all have to change. Big deal.

Nuff said. wink

I liked a lot of scenes in Hostel. Lots of gore smile

jayy
Geez jayy, pull the tampon out. How about we actually discuss a movie, instead of jayy constanly,"nuff said"-ing. Just because you don't like one movie, doesn't mean we all have to change. Big deal.

Nuff said. wink

I liked a lot of scenes in Hostel. Lots of gore smile

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

It won't be long, you will have to figure out how to use the tampons. Be careful little girl and go rent Mallrats or Cabin Fever.

I forgot about Day Of The Dead. Tons of gore. #1 with EVERYONE here's favorites Final Destination I and II coming in a close second.

www.fd3movie.com

Wolfie
What's wrong with Mallrats?

And did I read you right? Did you say that everyone's favorite are the Final Destination movies?!

Vinny Valentine
Watch Hostel.

yes

jayy
What's wrong with Mallrats?

And did I read you right? Did you say that everyone's favorite are the Final Destination movies?!

It was a sarcastic remark. Looks like it worked.

Yeah, I said FD movies. Go buy the box set and pop some popcorn and watch them both with your friend. Buy some glasses so you can see the screen. The FD movies F@@king rule.

www.fd3movie.com bookmark that Wolfie!

Hey Vinny, Hostel is next on my list of movies to see. I heard it was nice and bloody. Good lookin' out.

cool cool

cropsy_is_god
Any murders in Blood Feast 2 i think would be the goriest deaths ive seen.

Wolfie
Originally posted by jayy
It was a sarcastic remark. Looks like it worked.

Yeah, I said FD movies. Go buy the box set and pop some popcorn and watch them both with your friend. Buy some glasses so you can see the screen. The FD movies F@@king rule.

www.fd3movie.com bookmark that Wolfie!
You were comparing Mallrats with Cabin Fever so I thought you were talking down about it.

I own the first FD, the only good one. Are those really your favorite movies? I'd understand if you like them a lot, but favorites?

jayy
You were comparing Mallrats with Cabin Fever so I thought you were talking down about it.

I own the first FD, the only good one. Are those really your favorite movies? I'd understand if you like them a lot, but favorites? cool

Not my favorites, but I enjoy the blood and gore. I can think of many other horror movies that flat out sucked so bad they shouldn't have been made.

cool

NormaBates
I thought the bathroom scene in Lamberto Bava's
"A blade in the dark" was pretty messy!

wesleyjaymes
I thought An American Werewolf In London had some great gore scenes.

Like in the beginning when Jack was attacked after leaving the Slaughtered Lamb. Great scene. Nice and bloody. big grin

horrorchick
saw this cheesy movie on cable recently called "the curse 2" --

this guy is being eaten by parasitic snakes from the inside & his skull crushes in and his eyeball pops out, then his tongue falls out of his mouth then thousands of snakes pour out of his mouth. Later on his head just rots and falls apart. that was pretty gory.

There is also this dario argento movie "creepers" where jennifer connelly falls into a pit of fetid rotting limbs and effluence topped with maggots. i nearly vomited with that one.

LizzyT123
Originally posted by horrorchick
saw this cheesy movie on cable recently called "the curse 2" --

this guy is being eaten by parasitic snakes from the inside & his skull crushes in and his eyeball pops out, then his tongue falls out of his mouth then thousands of snakes pour out of his mouth. Later on his head just rots and falls apart. that was pretty gory.

There is also this dario argento movie "creepers" where jennifer connelly falls into a pit of fetid rotting limbs and effluence topped with maggots. i nearly vomited with that one.

sounds hillarious, I need to check out those movies!

LizzyT123
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Watch Hostel.

yes

yeah, Hostel had some great stuff. I loved the very last scene filled with gore and revenge. Three cheers for sweet revenge!

FistOfThe North
Final Destination 3 comes out today. We'll see if it beats Hostel in the Gory department.

deathbycorn
The two Final Destination movies were not gory. So why would the third?
It's about interesting deaths isn't it?

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by deathbycorn
The two Final Destination movies were not gory. So why would the third?
It's about interesting deaths isn't it?

FD 2 wasn't gory? You had reallyreally dark sunglasses on while watching the movie perhaps.

It's talking about the way death happens in the movie.

Alpha Centauri
The thing I hate about Final Destination movies (in a good way, ironically) is the fact that all the deaths are accidents, albeit farfectched.

I KNOW Jason isn't gonna stab me, or zombies aren't gonna tear me apart. You NEVER know when you'll have a horrific accident though, that's the best weapon they have in those movies. The highway scene at the start of 2 is easily the most frightening thing I've ever seen in a majorly successful movie.

As for gore, definitely one of the deaths in Day of the Dead. The one Cine mentioned, the one where they tear the skin off the guy's face as he's laughing, all very nasty stuff.

-AC

MildPossession
That pile up was fascinating to watch, wonderfully filmed.

soren
In wish master 2 where he's in jail and the guy wishes he was out and he is being forced through the bars of the cell....and blood flies every where!!!! big grin

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
The thing I hate about Final Destination movies (in a good way, ironically) is the fact that all the deaths are accidents, albeit farfectched.

You NEVER know when you'll have a horrific accident though, that's the best weapon they have in those movies.
-AC

But the accidents seemed more influenced by Death itself rather than coincidence, I thought. But the character's main weapons are the clues or visions that they use in order to prevent death. Like in F.D 3, the chick used taken pics and the clues in them, she had clairvoyance too. But to bad I didn't receive any clues on how to prevent myself from seeing this movie. Just got in from watching it, it sucked. Even the 1st one better. And I thought part 1 was lame.

Susan-Storm
Nightmare on elm street..when Glen was sucked into a bed..I mean how many people have that much Blood sick

Final destinations movie death scenes are just freaking sick. I Am nt going with others opinions..i want to see the third SO bad

Wolfie
That reminds me of the great scene in Evil Dead 2 when Ash shoots his hand in the wall. All the blood, ah, it's great!

paulj1967
Goriest death scenes:

(Yes, have to agree about 'Irreversible' - I thought that was real!)

But also:

1: When the slaves are chained together and being thrown into the volcano/lava pit in 'She'.

2: In 'Prison' where the malevolent spirit makes the walls, ceiling and floors of two solitary confinement cells heat up to white-hot and the first prisoner is literally roasting/frying alive until helpers open the cell door to find a charred, crispy corpse......ouch!

SelphieT
That reminds me of the great scene in Evil Dead 2 when Ash shoots his hand in the wall. All the blood, ah, it's great!

YEAH!

Or the "I'll swallow your soul, I'll swallow your soul, I'll swallow yer gughhhg"

"Swallow this"

"wahhhhhhhhh!"

steverules
Lawnmower bit in Brain dead

PiruBlood
the begging of saw 2 when the guy had to dig in his eye for the key.

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by PiruBlood
the begging of saw 2 when the guy had to dig in his eye for the key.

Pfft, lame.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
For me one of the goriest and MOST painful deaths in horror had to be Uncle Frank's last scene in Hellraiser. Jesus wept!! That entire scene bothered the hell out of me when I was younger.

steverules
That whole film bothered me...bought it on my 16th...watched it, scarred me for life

Impediment
I love the "Lawnmower scene" from Dead Alive, personally.

The Hills have Eyes (2006) and High Tension deserves an honorable mention, if you ask me.

Kazenji
The goriest scene that i remember the one from Evil Dead 2 where that girls father gets eaten by the possed henrietta.

Deathstroke
Ichi the Killer has some pretty messed up stuff in it.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Impediment
I love the "Lawnmower scene" from Dead Alive, personally.

The Hills have Eyes (2006) and High Tension deserves an honorable mention, if you ask me.

Yeah, especially the scene on High/Haute Tension, the um, barbed wire mace part. That made me flinch a few times.

Jason_Krueger
the scene towards the end of Cannibal Holocaust where the angry pack of cannibals slice apart some dude....starting with an amputation of the penis Ouch!

on a related note the climax in Hostel Part 2 was pretty intense but only to the male audience, though

Leathergien
Cannibal holocaust
when they....
nvm the whole movie

SelphieT
I don't think I'm ready to watch Cannibal Holocaust yet. I watched the turtle scene on youtube......and I barely made it through that. For the first time.......since I was a child.......I had to cover my eyes.

I don't mind people dying in terrible ways, but animals....thats a different story for me.

ali420
I like the scene in Wishmaster 2, where the guy in jail wishes to walk through the cell bars and ends up as a gory mess.

tylerTOXICITY
You dont really get to see it but if you did, gory as.
The one scene in saw 3.
Where the lady detective gets her ribbs riped open.

And i agree
Brain Dead, the house scene was F***King gory!

godzillaman99
Darktown, whenever one of the vamps pulls a premature fetus out of a pregnant woman and throws it at the fence... it gets grated like cheese...sad

godzillaman99
Originally posted by Jason_Krueger
the scene towards the end of Cannibal Holocaust where the angry pack of cannibals slice apart some dude....starting with an amputation of the penis Ouch!

on a related note the climax in Hostel Part 2 was pretty intense but only to the male audience, though

Why only the male audience? smile

Scarecrow756
IMO probearly the goriest scene I have seen in a Horror movie is when Leatherface in TCM: The Beginning kills that dude on the table and makes his face into a mask which he wears for the rest of the movie.

MildPossession
Those definitely deserve a mention, brilliant films.

As for Saw 3, the rib cage scene was disturbing just thinking about such a thing happening, but I didn't find it that gory. Saw 4 is suppose to be extremely disturbing compared to all of the previous movies.

Braindead is more comedy gore, fab though.

SelphieT
The scene on City of the Living Dead, where the chick is puking her guts out. Nas-tay.

Captain REX
I'm sure it's relatively light compared to what most horror fans have watched, but the scene in which the Fascist captain beats a man to death with the bottom of a wine bottle made me cringe in "Pan's Labyrinth."

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by SelphieT
The scene on City of the Living Dead, where the chick is puking her guts out. Nas-tay.

BWHAHAHAAHHA! That scene was pure sillyness. I still dont see how the ghost preist guy had the ability to do that. Oh yeah what about the drill through the head scene? That was pretty gorey, but very cheeseh.

SelphieT
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
BWHAHAHAAHHA! That scene was pure sillyness. I still dont see how the ghost preist guy had the ability to do that. Oh yeah what about the drill through the head scene? That was pretty gorey, but very cheeseh.

My weak spot is puking. I hate puking, I hate the thought of puking, I hate others puking, so thats why it's disgusting for me.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by SelphieT
My weak spot is puking. I hate puking, I hate the thought of puking, I hate others puking, so thats why it's disgusting for me.

Puke on me, please. *WANK*

motherfuzzer
I haven't seen too many gory movies due to my age but some of the better ones were The eye cutting scene in Hostel, the scene in Final Destination 3D when the guy gets sucked through the pool drain and shot back out in liquid form (with guts and intestines too), and this may not be a horror movie or a super gory scene but the scene in Watchmen when Rorschack hacks the guys head with a butcher's knife repeatedly is pretty bloody and nast. (especially when chunks fly off his face)

the ninjak
Originally posted by Selphie
I don't mind people dying in terrible ways, but animals....thats a different story for me.

I'm the same can't stand looking at a dead or mistreated animal. Humans don't worry me at all.

So many movies
-City of the Living Dead vomit scene was awesome.
-You guys already mentioned Braindead which was pure comedy fountains of gore.
-Day of the Dead Original had that cool stomach ripping at the end with the dude screaming at the zombies as they did the deed.
-Demons series always got me. Their puss ridden mouths and those claws ripping people and the victims changing into demons....gruesome stuff.
-Maniac had some pretty cool bits.

Blinky
The shotgun scene in Maniac is pretty realistic while simultaneously cheesey, the best of both worlds.

FistOfThe North
hellraiser. when that hell escapee that was wearing Kirstey's fathers skin said "Jesus, wept", as he was hanging mid air caught on dozens of hooks and chains. all 4 limbs were pulling in all different directions. followed by said chains (with hooks) ripping him apart beyond recognition as he gurgled in agony and pain.

hellraiser II. that "get 'em of'a me!" mental patient, inside that doctors office at the ward, whom thought he had squirmies on him. the doctor gave him a surgical blade and he started cutting the imaginary insects off his body, while screaming "get 'em of'a me!", while he was in reality slowly mutilating himself creating a bloodpool onto a matress containing a hidden hell escapee that needed human blood to flesh out. like, she came out of the matress. caught the patient, bored her hand into the back of his head and sucked the puke outta him from the very opening.

jacobhenriques
The new Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies are fairly harrowing, but they aren't anywhere as bizarre as the original. Ironically, the most horrific scene in the movie does not involve a chainsaw, but the pricking of the central character's finger, which is then inserted into Grandpa's mouth for him to suck the blood out of it and get all of his essential vitamins. Yeeach!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.