I went to StarBucks today...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
..And was bombarded by 10-15 raving lunatics. They stood there, actively yelling and insinuating that anyone who drinks starbucks coffee is a flaming homosexual/pedophile.

Of course, I thought it was hilarious, but no one seems to believe it actually happened.

They proceeded to give me a pink (heh...anti-gay activists giving people pink notes is even weirder) paper that said:

I'm no gay rights activist, but this is retarded. Come the **** on.

Check out their "proof" that Starbucks promotes pedophilia on their website.

BackFire
Starbucks blows.

BAILY
Anyone who spends $5 on cup of coffee is an idiot...

and to top that off.. i got a funny story... i was walking down the street.. and some homeless person just jumps out of no where and stands right in my way begging me for "5 dollars so she could have a cup of coffee"... you know lady.. if you are spending 5 dollars on a cup of coffee.. maybe you really need to reevaluate your financial issues... and not buy Starbucks coffee, especially since YOU LIVE ON THE STREET!!!!

Capt_Fantastic
I despise Starbucks. Here, there is one or two on every street corner. It's no bullshit. You hear comics talk about it, but it's true! Sometimes, they're right across the street from one another. I'm just not a big coffee drinker, and don't understand this American obsession with the drug.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by long pig
They proceeded to give me a pink (heh...anti-gay activists giving people pink notes is even weirder) paper that said:

Pink stands out against the more gay green and brown colour scheme that Starbuck's uses in it's stores.

Darth Jello
the protestors are idiots. If you go to starbucks it doesn't mean your gay, it means you have low standards and money to burn.

KidRock
Originally posted by Darth Jello
the protestors are idiots. If you go to starbucks it doesn't mean your gay, it means you have low standards and money to burn.

People who stereotype are idiots as well roll eyes (sarcastic)

Imperial_Samura
Good on Starbucks for being a supporter of equal rights for all!

Now, if they actually sold good coffee instead of the expensive buckets of liquid excrement they pour down the throat of the consuming and non-discerning public then they might actually be making some progress. And maybe actually put a nice kind of tea on their menu, when they can be bothered having it at all. Then, and only then I might drink there, though even then it might be iffy (because there are coffee places with better value, better drinks, better atmosphere and better staff out there)

Still, some people are just idiots. I mean, sweet glaven, with all the things in the world people could get all revolutionary about a bunch have decided to protest against Starbucks due to it's extracurricular human rights activities? Geeze, once upon a time it would only be the target of anti-globilisation protesters (occasionally with a good point), now it has to deal with ignorant bigots as well?

Still, if things get to bad I expect StarBucks to turn the fire hoses on these fools. Hopefully the hoses will be piping poor quality, but very hot, cappuccino at the time. Yes.... I'd like that. I expect that'll knock 'em of their anti-gay podium.

tabby999
idiots. straight up, closed minded idiots

Darth Jello
Originally posted by KidRock
People who stereotype are idiots as well roll eyes (sarcastic)

Do as I say, not as I do Kidrock?

fini
OMG omg omg

They make you pay $5 for coffee??? Please tell me that for a supersized Grande or something!!

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by fini
OMG omg omg

They make you pay $5 for coffee??? Please tell me that for a supersized Grande or something!!

Supersized? Dear God, you mean there might be some situation where a person will actually order MORE starbucks coffee then they to!!????!!!! More then the smallest amount available???

fini
well I dont know.

I'm assuming that the coffee tastes good, otherwise why do they buy it?

Miss_Faye
Whatever happened to just...making yer OWN cup of coffee....??confused

fini
LOL i make my own at home.

We have a local coffee franchise called Rituals and their coffee is pretty good. I pay a little over US$3 for a grande of anything. omg their moccachino is amazing. I buy them when i'm on campus.

Hit_and_Miss

Bardock42
I do not understand the fascination with Starbucks...it offers nothing I want.

meep-meep
Yeah Starbucks coffee is overpriced. I don't drink coffee for the taste anyway. The only reason I would drink coffee anyway would be for the caffeine. So, 5 bucks for a little bit o caffeine in a cup with some milk and whipped cream=overpriced beverage. I'll stick with my 20oz. mountain dew thank you very much.

PVS
wtf? im still looking for these "lewd acts", but maybe they mean the simple act of dancing? or just being different in public? id like to get the addresses of each of those protestors and mail them their very own baby jesus butt plug eek!

good on the cops btw! i love how the protestors cry because they weren't allowed to disrupt and agitate public gathering. yes, the evil cops. i undstand if they want to protest outside the event, whatever, 1st ammendment. but that doesnt give them the right to barge in and whore for attention.

WrathfulDwarf
I only like their Decaf blend. Not much into their Crappacino whatever drinks....

Best cup of coffee is at 7-11. Or go to the Coffee Bean tea leaf for tasty blend of regular coffee. As for the topic....Starbucks sponsors lots of events. I see no harm...at all.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Bardock42
I do not understand the fascination with Starbucks...it offers nothing I want.

There lies your answer.

-AC

Sir Whirlysplat
Starbucks is over priced but I live in London so everything is over priced, I use Starbucks sometimes!!!

Eis
Coffee's expensive everywhere here so starbucks' prices don't really stand out.

tabby999
in aus Starbucks isn't quite the monster it is in the US, we have a few, more Gloria Jeans. personally i like Grinders or just get free coffee from work

debbiejo
Hey, I went to starbucks today for a Vanilla Latte, and I didn't hear or see any such literature...And it wasn't $5.00....it was only $3.50.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.