Who'd Be Your Pick For Director?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Director_Joe
If you could pick the next director(s) of Potter V, VI, and VII (well, maybe we should exclude VII for now) who whould he/she/it/they be? Who would it be if it could be ANYONE you wanted?

And remember people, this is purely opinion.

Barker
Peter Jackson, For obvious Reasons. erm

Council#13
Barker, as much as i respect you, i think your choice is horrible

Barker
Originally posted by Council#13
Reasons would be....

Look to Lord of the Rings, An Excellent Book-To-Movie Series, as An Example and Reason for my Choice.

But I supposed if you didn't like King Kong...

Imperial_Samura
My shortlist of directors I like, and would like to see directing Harry Potter - Yes, I know most would be unsuitable, and some are even dead, but still I'd love to see what the last three would be like under their direction.

Stanley Kubrick and Alfred Hitchcock!!!! eek!

Though I guess if I had to really pick someone for the job it might be Peter Jackson. He would do an excellent job in my opinion and he has an excellent track record. Now then there is Spielberg - great, absolutely great in the right circumstances, but I don't think him and Harry Potter would jell to well.

Other then that? I would love to see what Sofia Coppola would do, but it probably wouldn't work for most people.

George Lucas? I wouldn't trust him near a camera any more. When he works, he works great, when he doesn't we get the Phantom Menace.

Peter Weir? Brilliant director, never really done anything like Harry Potter, but good at making movies literate, poetic, powerful, artful. Produced a great book adaption with Master and Commander.

Jim Henson? The Dark Crystal was one of my favorite films when little, made quality kids entertainment in his day. R.I.P.

Robert Zemeckis? Who Framed Roger Rabbit and the Back to the Future series - that's a pretty good pedigree, and I wonder what he's doing know... Suitable in a way. Kind of.

Ridley Scott? Good at most of what he does, made some of the best sci-fi around - and fantasy is just sci-fi without lasers and bolts (I love that quote) - Probably more of an mature director though.

Akira Kurosawa? I'd like to see how it would be with Eastern structure. Good director, very epic.

Orson Welles? It would be fascinating I think, though Harry Potter would be far beneath his skills. But thematically? Yes, fascinating is the word.

Mel Brooks? What can I say, I have a soft spot for the old boy. Maybe he could do a Harry Potter parody.

And Michael Moore can do the making of documentary.

And as much as I like Quentin Tarantino, I wouldn't let him anywhere near the last three movies, even in a fantasy like this.

Sir J
Originally posted by Barker
Peter Jackson, For obvious Reasons. erm i agree

Emily_depp

Imperial_Samura
Yep, Peter Jackson appears to be the flavour of the month, and it is with good reason.

Director_Joe
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Yep, Peter Jackson appears to be the flavour of the month, and it is with good reason.

Yeah no doubt... I think he'd do a damn fine job directing the movie....if that's what he wanted to do... That's the theing with Peter Jackson...He'll only do a film that he wants to do.

My personal pick, though extremely farfetched, is Tim Burton. These next movies are gonna be right up his alley.

ladygrim

Sir J

exanda kane
Marty Scorsese.

Don't even try and argue with that!

ladygrim
Originally posted by Sir J
he put too much nature POA every few minutes you see some sort of animal or plant

the was too much of the whomping willow shown if they cut out most of that we could have had more sirius moments wink

DarkC
Agreed!
Originally posted by Council#13
Can you support that?

Saratn
I think Peter Jackson would do a great job with OOTP

Rapscallion
As much as I love Pete Jackson, he woldn't be my choice. Harry Potter is way too different from his other films. Personally, i would prefer Spielberg. He loves science fiction, and his movies are always imaginative. Also, he has done many films about young children facing adversity (E.T., Empire of the Sun)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.