Iran to hang teenage girl attacked by rapists

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sir Whirlysplat

Hit_and_Miss
shame that these things happen...

But remember those countries are far behind us in bad religious acts... Anyone remember the crusades??

While we might look at these countries now and be repulsed by how they are acting, that is how our countries acted in the past...

and they don't hold a candle to the Spanish inquisition..

Bardock42

Hit_and_Miss
Its my view that these countries have only just started. In the time line of things they act very similar to our countries time ago. When we did some truely horrific things. However as our countries have grown and started to wise up, these countries have only just taken power for themselfs. There views are very similar to our along time ago...

Its my belief that these peoples views are still like the middle ages, and with time will grow to band these actions. I mean this in no disrespectful way.

TheGoblinQueen
its just gross and injust, i dont think it has anything to do with those past conquests, its just their culture and sadly for the girls, not much can be done about that since its not our country. its depressing really that people get killed for defending themselfs.

Bardock42
But it's not like they didn't have the chance to. They had the same time...and were way more sophisticated than europe in teh early middle ages. Question is: Do the Western Nations want to give them the time they need to evolve (if that's actually possible, who am I to say that our morals are more evolved) and by that subscribe to let these kind of things happen or do they want to do something aboot it.

meep-meep

Bardock42
Originally posted by meep-meep
Hey don't be so freakin defenssive. I'm pretty sure he wasn't trying "disrespect" you. And no there isn't that much of a diference between these acts against women in Iran today compared to other acts of religious intolerence in the past. 700 years, I understand that that may be a long time relatibely speaking but it really isn't that long at all. Also, I don't think he was trying flip this around an poke fun at your country. And the Crusades weren't just....um..."distasteful."
They were certifiably ****ed up.

Back on topic. That is horrible that these unfortunate women can do nothing to defend themselves in their own land. It's when thiings like this happen that makes me despise and hate some of the cultural practices and perceptions of some Middle Eastern countries.

I am not defensive...I am saying if the crusades would happen today I wouldn't like them either....the thing is it is in the past, while this happens right now. And although there is no real difference we humans are limited to this flow of time...therefore we can't change the crusades, but what does it change that once there were atrocities in countries that nowadays are very outspoken against them? You need to understand that I don't mind that he brought the crusades in, but it's just the standard aeguement people would bring up when oen talks aboot cruel things in muslim countries. And just to be sure, it does not have anything to do with the matter at hand.

Gregory
That's because a lot of people don't knows that the Crusades were a defensive war, triggered by the Muslims' unprovoked attacks on the Christian territories of Palestine, Syria, and Egypt, North Africa, and modern Turkey.

Hit_and_Miss
The point was that the middle east has been a playground of war for ages now. They have not had the time to become as liberal in there views as us. All the countries around the world have relaxed there views on things. While the middle east (still behind us) is learning through mistakes, And people are standing here judging them like "all musilms are evil" (extreme but ya get the point). I think this perception that they are on level causes alot discustion to be misunderstood.

alic88
you want my opinion on this? i am no fan of theories but this is a ploy made by the media, especially this site. its obvious to see that this has site has been made to put hatred on the iranians. There was a news similar to this before, a boy getting lashed 75 times then beaten to death in iran. It was all over the news, but it was later proven to be false. I am not kidding. If this story is indeed true, it is an act of injustice. But i am pretty sure its not the full picture.

overlord
Hmm.. I thought women who weren't a virgin anymore before marriage were always stoned to death.

So why do these religious minded people try so hard to rape teenage girls?

I guess all women there should move to other countries. big grin
Oh, wait.. Then people in those countries will get upset..

tabby999
thats pretty much the only way to do it. horrific but becoming more common

KidRock
Some of you actually sound surprised this is happening..its the middle east, remember

FeceMan
Originally posted by Gregory
That's because a lot of people don't knows that the Crusades were a defensive war, triggered by the Muslims' unprovoked attacks on the Christian territories of Palestine, Syria, and Egypt, North Africa, and modern Turkey.
However, La Reconquista was not such a defensive attack...heh. Yay for Spanish history.

Fire
using the crusades and the reconquista, to blame the western world or christianity/catholicism gets old pretty fast, and there are far better ways.

I do not condone the actions taken by the Iranian government, however we (the west) can not force our values upon them. It is not because we consider their actions immoral or whatever that they are.

BackFire
God, what a shit hole.

allofyousuckkk
wow, if i lived in iran i would have:

1. Jumped in the air doing an impressive backflip.
2. Thrown a knife at the rope, cutting it and saving the girl.
3. Wistled for my horse.
4. Jumped on the horse, grabbed the girl and gallop out of there while avoiding townspeople and the rocks they are throwing.
5. Then I would become an outlaw that moves from city to city doing un-outlawish stuff.....yup

and all of this would be put into a xena episode, because i rock

no but seriously, that f*Ucked up.......

Raz
This piece of news item doesn't seem to be in any credible or major news site.

I would take it with a pinch of salt.

AOR
Originally posted by Raz
This piece of news item doesn't seem to be in any credible or major news site.

I would take it with a pinch of salt.

cum grano salis....

Deano
disgusting but the media are highlighting things like this more and more to make us HATE iran. so when the elite decide to use bush to invade iran, we'll go along with it like the nice sheep we are.

let the propaganda begin!!

(raz may have a point btw)

http://rense.com/1.imagesH/iranynext.jpg

KidRock
Originally posted by Deano
disgusting but the media are highlighting things like this more and more to make us HATE iran. so when the elite decide to use bush to invade iran, we'll go along with it like the nice sheep we are.

lol

Grand Moff Gav

true though.

lowrider370
its not right these thing happen

silver_tears
Originally posted by overlord
Hmm.. I thought women who weren't a virgin anymore before marriage were always stoned to death.

So why do these religious minded people try so hard to rape teenage girls?

I guess all women there should move to other countries. big grin
Oh, wait.. Then people in those countries will get upset..

You can lose your virginity so to speak without having sex, horse back riding is one way, and there are others, so them having sex before marriage might not always be the case, yet they are sentenced to die for it.

If this story is true, it's a disgusting world some people have to live and die in when a women is sentenced to death for defending herself and her niece against a would be rapist.

R.O.T. Yahman

Deano
propaganda says no

Imperial_Samura
I'd hang the boyfriends for leaving them, then the rapists, then the judges who pass such despicable sentances. Disgusting really, the twisted morality that bubbles away, tainted, in some places.

kimmeh

Susan-Storm
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
shame that these things happen...

But remember those countries are far behind us in bad religious acts... Anyone remember the crusades??

While we might look at these countries now and be repulsed by how they are acting, that is how our countries acted in the past...

and they don't hold a candle to the Spanish inquisition..

Agreed cryI Mean she Killed the Guy cause he was being..A Sexsist

Gregory
That should have tipped me off at the beginning. i can't imagine a serious news source phrasing something like that.

kimmeh
Originally posted by Gregory
That should have tipped me off at the beginning. i can't imagine a serious news source phrasing something like that.

yup.. exactly

Uberking Robert
I won't pretend that I'm not against feminists or that I don't believe in a world where men are the pants-wearers, but c'mon, this is insane. You kill the victim instead of the attacker? Because she was involved in sexual stuff even though it was against her will? I think it was well-proven that she was against it when she KILLED A MAN to avoid being involved in that sexual stuff. In one way it makes me glad that America is likely going to blow up that place next (of course I'm not happy about it otherwise because it shows that America thinks it has the right to police the world, stick its nose in other countries' business and interfere with culture and traditions that have lived for many centuries, but I didn't come here to talk about that).

Council#13

GCG

Ushgarak
Details on the hanging of Atefeh and the ridiculous nature of her trial can be found at the Amnesty International website.

This piece of news has been reported in the same way in news outlets from Canada to Egypt, so I think attacking it as biased is a dead end- a lot of people have concerns ocer this one.

Saying other countries did worse in the past is a. no excuse and b. irrelevant- morals on a GLOBAL scale have moved on since then and this is plain immorality in a situation where it need not exist except for the deliberate efforts of evil people to keep parts of the Middle East this way.

soleran30
Leave the middle east alone they are fine..............lol yeah

Grand Moff Gav

Here is a Gulf War Poster.

Fire
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
This needs to stop .... can it stop without westren intervention, i wonder ?

I don't know, but even if it doesn't stop. What gives the west the right to intervene?

I'm not declaring myself for or against. I just want to see which arguements ppl would use/accept.

Grand Moff Gav
Originally posted by Fire
I don't know, but even if it doesn't stop. What gives the west the right to intervene?

I'm not declaring myself for or against. I just want to see which arguements ppl would use/accept.

If I wanted war (which I don't) I would use this as an example of the dictatorship in Iran and the evil the rulers do to their people. Is it not a matter of humanitarian principle that we should intervene?

Fire
we: as the whole world (or practically the whole world) in consensus is a position which might work. But will we (the world) be able to do it without leaving behind nothing but smoking rubble and a country which will A) end up being a dictatorship again, B) fall into chaos and civil war?

Grand Moff Gav
we: as the whole world (or practically the whole world) in consensus is a position which might work. But will we (the world) be able to do it without leaving behind nothing but smoking rubble and a country which will A) end up being a dictatorship again, B) fall into chaos and civil war?

As GWB would say: "All that matters is that we tried your best"

In short the result is irrelevant especially when the Coalition wants war with Iran for various reasons.

Fire
the result, IMO is very relevant.

Grand Moff Gav
the result, IMO is very relevant.

Indeed I agree but what I am saying is that,to the powers tha be, it doesnt matter. Aslong as they win and are able to mantain the moral highground.

lil bitchiness

Eis

lil bitchiness
Really?!

I bet its banned in a lot of countries.

Eis
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Really?!

I bet its banned in a lot of countries.
Please do, but yes it is.

And it's also banned in Cambodia.

GCG
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Details on the hanging of Atefeh and the ridiculous nature of her trial can be found at the Amnesty International website.

This piece of news has been reported in the same way in news outlets from Canada to Egypt, so I think attacking it as biased is a dead end- a lot of people have concerns ocer this one.

scuse me sir, but the article is about Nazanin not Atefeh. I have googled Nazanin to find alternative sources, yet my search has proved negative.

True, Iran hangs Men for Homosexuality, Men for raping Men and Men for raping women.
It also hangs underaged for murder, and advocates Judicary Rape. It is a sick country, regardless of human rights, but lets not mix up scenarios.

For now, i seem to have found nothing on Amnesty International speaking up for this girl. Is there a page for this case ?

overlord
Originally posted by silver_tears
You can lose your virginity so to speak without having sex, horse back riding is one way, and there are others, so them having sex before marriage might not always be the case, yet they are sentenced to die for it.

If this story is true, it's a disgusting world some people have to live and die in when a women is sentenced to death for defending herself and her niece against a would be rapist. Nah.. The losing virginity before marriage certainly was already reason for death but I can't confirm if this is legal in Iran.

However I do know that it is already legal to give girls the death sentence if they're 9 years old and with boys it is 15.

Death punishment is (I believe..) sentenced for rape, killing, cheating on your husband, having sex with animals/people of the same sex etc..
No exceptions.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by GCG
scuse me sir, but the article is about Nazanin not Atefeh. I have googled Nazanin to find alternative sources, yet my search has proved negative.

True, Iran hangs Men for Homosexuality, Men for raping Men and Men for raping women.
It also hangs underaged for murder, and advocates Judicary Rape. It is a sick country, regardless of human rights, but lets not mix up scenarios.

For now, i seem to have found nothing on Amnesty International speaking up for this girl. Is there a page for this case ?

People were casting doubt on the mis-trial she received, so I highlighted that point that this is a very genuine case.

The rest of my reply was about Nanzanin, and so I suggest you look harder, because as I say, it has been reported with equal weight from places like Canada and Egypt (and Egypt gets things censored, so it passed official muster there).

GCG
I looked for 1.5 hours ! I thought you had it.

Ushgarak
Just have a look at the Google news service; it will give you links.

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
Its my view that these countries have only just started. In the time line of things they act very similar to our countries time ago. When we did some truely horrific things. However as our countries have grown and started to wise up, these countries have only just taken power for themselfs. There views are very similar to our along time ago...

Its my belief that these peoples views are still like the middle ages, and with time will grow to band these actions. I mean this in no disrespectful way.

hahahaha, brilliant.

The Middle East has been this way for centuries. Who do you think the Cursades were against? And as a result of the Crusades we(Western countries) have what you'd call modern math. Hundreds of years ago, the middle eastern countries werew WAY more advanced then Europe was.

It's not that they are just starting, it's been that way since forever, and it's going to stay that way until they have an organized revolution.

Ushgarak
In fact, I see a google search on the name will give you plenty of sources now.

However, it is all based from the same article from that Iranian newspaper, so if that article is not true, then none of it is.

Hard to imagine why it would lie, though, and it seems unlikely anyone is making the article up. It would be easy for news agencies to check.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Ushgarak
In fact, I see a google search on the name will give you plenty of sources now.

However, it is all based from the same article from that Iranian newspaper, so if that article is not true, then none of it is.

Hard to imagine why it would lie, though, and it seems unlikely anyone is making the article up. It would be easy for news agencies to check.

Agreed, It's almost certainly genuine.

manjaro
the middle east is one of those places where you have a very profound example why there should be a separtaion of churc and state. you see now that i think about it bush is a genius, he's merely using Iraq as a staging ground for future invasions in the middle east. and it been rumored that Iran is next.. we knw that the next presidency is gonna be handed over to another republican so i say whoa! lets jut kill em all and get it over with.

Hit_and_Miss
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
hahahaha, brilliant.

The Middle East has been this way for centuries. Who do you think the Cursades were against? And as a result of the Crusades we(Western countries) have what you'd call modern math. Hundreds of years ago, the middle eastern countries werew WAY more advanced then Europe was.

It's not that they are just starting, it's been that way since forever, and it's going to stay that way until they have an organized revolution.

I agree... They were very advanced.. But then it stopped? why didn't they create the first computer/plane/nuke/great technology???

kimmeh
i think there has been a misunderstanding of sorts.. very few (if any) myself included really questioned teh VALIDITY of the story, only the unprofessional & biased manner in which it was reported.

Its not like I condone the way alot of middle eastern women are treated.. quite the contrary in fact.. but I am also disgusted with 'news' organizations putting their own spin on a 'news story'.. if its reported as news it should be just facts withoput exposition.. if they want to publicize it as an editorial piece then more power to them but IMO there is a very distinct and important difference.

if there are in fact other links about this specific case I would like to see them.. just for my own personal knowledge.. but I havent had much luck either.. so any specific links rather than 'just google it' would be most helpful..

manjaro
i was watching this piece on link TV, just two days ago about an Iranian film maker who was being trheatened with execution becuase he made two films in the mid 90's that depicted the harsh lives of the women. so i sorta kinda believe it unquestionably. on a side note tho, the west stole algebra from them after all, so they are in advertaently responsible for a lot of the modern world's advances...since the world would be nothing without algebra.....think about it *dramatically points to own temple*

Aziz!
There's the middle east for you...

overlord
Originally posted by manjaro
the middle east is one of those places where you have a very profound example why there should be a separtaion of churc and state. you see now that i think about it bush is a genius, he's merely using Iraq as a staging ground for future invasions in the middle east. and it been rumored that Iran is next.. we knw that the next presidency is gonna be handed over to another republican so i say whoa! lets jut kill em all and get it over with. Yeah, or just kill everybody in the whole wide world!! eek!
Just might be crazy enough to work!

alic88

Thank you. And i am surprised that most of you have not even noticed the source of this article. Just look at the site, IRAN FOCUS? or IRAN PROPAGANDA. you decide

alic88
Originally posted by Aziz!
There's the middle east for you...

There's ignorance for you.

silver_tears
Another version of the story.
And another.

The second is Canadian in case anyone cares. But it's the Canada free press.

lil bitchiness
Another version of the story.
And another.

The second is Canadian in case anyone cares. But it's the Canada free press.

This is so horrible - but it makes us be thankful for what we have.

Iran also abolished stoning to death, not because it saw it as inhumane but because of the constant pressure from the west.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by alic88
Thank you. And i am surprised that most of you have not even noticed the source of this article. Just look at the site, IRAN FOCUS? or IRAN PROPAGANDA. you decide

Nice case of ignoring most the thread there.

Try and pay attention in future.

K.Diddy
The whole middle east should be blown up if you ask me, The middle east IS the problem of the world no expression

silver_tears
You're an idiot roll eyes (sarcastic)

KidRock
Originally posted by K.Diddy
The whole middle east should be blown up if you ask me, The middle east IS the problem of the world no expression rock

K.Diddy

You're cute wink

Bardock42

Truer words have never been said.

Rogue Jedi

overlord
Originally posted by K.Diddy
The whole middle east should be blown up if you ask me, The middle east IS the problem of the world no expression Yeah, first we create the problem, then we name it, then we blame an entire part of the world and then we.... Kill everyone on the planet! Yay, great idea! This will solve all our problems: suicide!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.