360 killed my copy of Call of Duty 2!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeathByPencil
Well, not in the way you might think.

I was quite happily playing Call of Duty 2 over XBOX Live untill I noticed a strange change of disk speed, a slow whirring, followed by a methodical ticking, I went pale....

I've had my 360 oriented upright for a while now, no problems, no scratches, but my copy of CoD 2 has a small fracture on the inner ring of my disk, it still half-works, but after running for about 5 minutes, the disk grinds to a halt, resulting in no sound in games.

I may be one of very very few with this problem, but if you want my advice, have your 360 laying flat!

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by DeathByPencil
Actually this was what I was thinking. What other way can one interpret this.

Anyway, lets clarify some things. You don't really say this happened and so this resulted to my disc. You say how you noticed a change in disc speed, and then you end that sentence and start a seperate one and say you disc has a crack in it but it still can play.

So did your disc already have a crack in it or did it get the crack after this little incident. And I didn't know that if a disc stopped spinning that the sound would just be gone and not the whole game.

My playstation2 did that. When i'd try and load a game the disc speed would go crazy and then I'd hear a tick and it would stop and then attempt to spin the disc again and it would tick and stop.

is it comprehensible.....

manny321
THey say you should not keep your X-box up right.

powerfulone1987
i wouldn't automatically for fear of it falling over and the disc insertion always seem made for a horizontal position. I don't even like my computer modem standing up.

Plus the location I put my systems is more fitted for a horizontal position.

Refused
Is there one freakin single Xbox 360 that's not defective. Jesus.

manny321
even the PS2 did not have so many problems.

Lana
I've heard many reports of 360's wrecking game discs....I'm not surprised.

Master Naresh
don't put your xbox up right leave it flat, but come on the xbox 360 isn't that bad is it?

KENobi™
Originally posted by Refused

Mine hasn't had one problem, I've had it since launch day. I've kept it upright the whole time too.

No freezing, no scratches on disks, nothing.

Ast

Mine isnt. big grin

Refused
Yah, but i bet a year from now, there's going to be alot more reports of Xbox's breaking on people.

DeathByPencil
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
Actually this was what I was thinking. What other way can one interpret this.

I was referring to the fact that Call of Duty still kinda works.

Anyway, lets clarify some things. You don't really say this happened and so this resulted to my disc. You say how you noticed a change in disc speed, and then you end that sentence and start a seperate one and say you disc has a crack in it but it still can play.

So did your disc already have a crack in it or did it get the crack after this little incident.

What do you think? I was explaining the event as it happened, I heard the sound, removed the disk, discovered the crack.

So I didn't write it in a manner that made sense to you, it seems to make sense to everyone else who posted here.

And I didn't know that if a disc stopped spinning that the sound would just be gone and not the whole game.

If the disk was still spinning, I couldn't hear it, and 360s are rather loud when running games, so I noticed when my machine suddenly went quiet, it did indeed sound like the disk was no longer spinning.

KENobi™
Yah, but i bet a year from now, there's going to be alot more reports of Xbox's breaking on people.

Not necessarily. It depends on how the person treats the console as well as how it was made.

It's running perfect right now and I'll bet it still plays perfect a year from now.

Phoenix Aska

*raises hand*

mine!!!

i've had it since the first launch and nothing is wrong with it at all or the games and everything runs smoothly with no over-heating or nothing.

The only reason why people would suggest keeping your 360 vertial besides maybe to take up less space is that it can vent better...but that would depends where you keep it at.

KENobi™
Originally posted by Phoenix Aska
*raises hand*

mine!!!

i've had it since the first launch and nothing is wrong with it at all or the games and everything runs smoothly with no over-heating or nothing.

The only reason why people would suggest keeping your 360 vertial besides maybe to take up less space is that it can vent better...but that would depends where you keep it at.

I keep mine in a wide open space. yes

The only problem I have with my 360 is the power cord, it's too big and clunky.

Phoenix Aska

powerfulone1987
I was referring to the fact that Call of Duty still kinda works.

What do you think? I was explaining the event as it happened, I heard the sound, removed the disk, discovered the crack.

So I didn't write it in a manner that made sense to you, it seems to make sense to everyone else who posted here.

Whoa, your xbox messed up your disc, not me, just wanted to clarify it better for myself.

Ast

JKozzy
No, that's the way I thought. It's happened to a handfull of people. Sucks for you, I guess erm

tridnt

I was quite happily playing Call of Duty 2 over XBOX Live untill I noticed a strange change of disk speed, a slow whirring, followed by a methodical ticking, I went pale....

I've had my 360 oriented upright for a while now, no problems, no scratches, but my copy of CoD 2 has a small fracture on the inner ring of my disk, it still half-works, but after running for about 5 minutes, the disk grinds to a halt, resulting in no sound in games.

I may be one of very very few with this problem, but if you want my advice, have your 360 laying flat!

You know what i call that ........ SHIT HAPPENS smilesmilesmilesmilesmile

Zen2nd
Mine hasn't had any problems at all! Oh yeah don't move the Xbox 360 while its on and there is a disc in it you will destroy it! But I thought that was common sense but there seems to be a few stupid people out there who think they can be lifting a $300-$400 machine and not think anything will go wrong.

DirectorFitz
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6624023420134323247&q=scratch+xbox

to avoid scratching, don't do this

Skynard
I will STATE TODAY. That Microsoft should learn to FINSIH a console before releasing it. As a result of this not happening, The Damned 360 came alive, Seems good, Crap-ass Price, Nice graphics, only thing I like they brought back Dark Zero.

Ast
Mine seems finished. stick out tongue

John Bak'or
i dont think ill get a 360 anyway WAY too much money for me im getting ps3 or rev easy. most likely rev cos i like nintendo

IcePunk
PS3 is gonna cost even more than 360 if you didnt know and money isnt a problem for me so I'm gonna buy every machine soon.

PVS
im just going to get all of them big grin

Ast
Originally posted by John Bak'or
i dont think ill get a 360 anyway WAY too much money for me im getting ps3 or rev easy. most likely rev cos i like nintendo

PS3 is gonna cost more than a 360, probably alot more because of the BluRay.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by IcePunk
PS3 is gonna cost even more than 360 if you didnt know and money isnt a problem for me so I'm gonna buy every machine soon.

Originally posted by Ast
PS3 is gonna cost more than a 360, probably alot more because of the BluRay.

Is this a fact that you've read somewhere or are yall saying this from your own basic knowledge?

Stalker 360
ps3 will be the same as the 360 the 360 cost 700 pound to make teh ps3 will cost the same but if they put it on shelves at xmas time or summer they wont sell many because of the prive the rev is going to be the cheapest i have a 360 dont standit up they cant make discs spin sideways properly in a consolde because of how its read it slips at a angle

Ast
Is this a fact that you've read somewhere or are yall saying this from your own basic knowledge?

No, not fact, but Im not making it up.

Gamespot had an article where the developers actually said it could cost up $700. I cant find the ****ing link, its hell searching through their news archive.

Refused
I've said it a billion times before, most of this speculating crap is just that, CRAP. Just chill out my babies, wait 'til all the systems are out.

powerfulone1987
I've said it a billion times before, most of this speculating crap is just that, CRAP. Just chill out my babies, wait 'til all the systems are out.

You sound like Conan O Brien,ha. "chill out my babies".

Refused
Ahahahah, that was my intention. That guy is like my hero.

Lana
Originally posted by Ast

Gamespot had an article where the developers actually said it could cost up 0. I cant find the ****ing link, its hell searching through their news archive.

I've heard $300....

Ast
Originally posted by Ast

Gamespot had an article where the developers actually said it could cost up $700. I cant find the ****ing link, its hell searching through their news archive.

Found it...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6142242.html?q=ps3%20cost

Mišt
360 still isnt out here...March 2nd for us...but hopefully by then we'll be getting the...I dunno...'v.2' consoles with less bugs....

Im still undecided about consoles......theres a couple of games I'd get for 360....but meh....cant see much point when I have a perfectly good PC..

lowrider370
its better for u to keep it up right cuz the cd drive is designed to hold the disc right when its upright but if u want to be on the safe side put it to lie down

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.