Clean-Smelling Dogs Are Hard to Find

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
My dog is making me physically ill right now. No joke. She's laying on the floor next to me and her stench is making my stomach turn. I'm waiting for her shampoo to arrive at home (it is at the store right now, waiting for someone to purchase it and bring it home...lol) so that I can bathe her.

Are there any secrets that you dog owners have to keep your dogs from smelling this badly? (By the way, her last bath was one week and one day ago.)

Bardock42
Originally posted by FeceMan
My dog is making me physically ill right now. No joke. She's laying on the floor next to me and her stench is making my stomach turn. I'm waiting for her shampoo to arrive at home (it is at the store right now, waiting for someone to purchase it and bring it home...lol) so that I can bathe her.

Are there any secrets that you dog owners have to keep your dogs from smelling this badly? (By the way, her last bath was one week and one day ago.)
I shower everyday and usually don't smell....not zo my knowledge at least. Maybe you should do that too (to the dog I mean...although.....)

fini
how bout letting your dog go outside , keeping her cooped up in the house is just gonna have her scent everywhere.

And there are water-less bath powders for dogs, try them, i think u apply it and then blow dry them or something.

But after a week she is reeking??? that makes no sence

debbiejo
Maybe you are sensitive and maybe it could lead to allergic reactions...IMO dogs do need baths...cause gosh, they can smell up your whole house.

KharmaDog
What kind of dog is it? Dogs bred for water (labs, newfoundlands, etc.) have an oilier coat tha may lends it to smelling pretty pungent.

A breeder once told me to feed the odd carrot to my wolfhound to scrape away plaque and clean up the breath. She also suggested feeding him a bit of yogurt now and again to cut down on any gas that he might have. Both worked excellently.

What breed are we talking about?

FeceMan
Golden Retriever. She stinky.

DanieLs_4_Ever

Most big dogs stink easier than small dogs. I've had small dogs all of my life but my relatives have big Outside dogs, so I know what you mean. Sometimes we just use regular shampoo on our dog (I have a pomeranian) and then dry her, it works fine. She never stinks, but we give her baths about every month or two.

Jedi Priestess

am I the only one who sees the humor in this coming from a member whos username is what it is? laughing out loud

Mindship
My friend had a dog that had a peculiar pocket of flesh by its anus. Guess what this dog smelled of 99% of the time?
Imagine riding around in a car in the summertime with him/her (it was a long time ago, dont remember the gender).

Uberking Robert
I own a cat.

She doesn't really do anything but she's fairly easy to take care of.

Imperial_Samura
It hasn't been outside rolling around in anything, well, unpleasant has it? And does it always have this problem, or is this a rare occurrence?

Still, I suggest you wash it again, maybe apply some of the powders/sprays available intended to keep dogs coat shiny and nice smelling for longer.

Or maybe you can get some air fresheners, the kind you spray or leave sitting around that don't just mask the smell, but also eliminate it? Air sanitisers? Of course, this is only a short term thing. Or long term, some last for months before you need replace them.

Alternatively you could get something that doesn't smell - fish, spiders, reptiles. I've never had any problems with any members of those groups.

ladygrim
my dogs okay when hes got short hair but he's hairs growing at the mo so all types of smells are lingering to him .... and he doesnt smell to good when you bath hime either

GCG

She could be on Heat or She may have some poop stuck to her.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.