Rupert Murdoch is a tumor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
http://news.independent.co.uk/business/news/article337149.ece

i personally hate myspace and only use it to keep in touch with certain people, but this is just ridiculous. Murdoch's gone too far and i think his continued prescence in society is a danger to himself and others.

jaden101
indeed...he also happens to be one of the most influential people in Britain...it always seems that whatever party his media empire backs come the general election..they win...

good old hegemony in action

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Could have something to do with the amount of media outlets he owns...The News Of The World, The Sun, The Times, The Sunday Times, BSkyB...

jaden101
yeah...hence the hegemony thing...

KharmaDog
I don't see him so much as a tumor as I do a blight on humanity.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by jaden101
indeed...he also happens to be one of the most influential people in Britain...it always seems that whatever party his media empire backs come the general election..they win...

good old hegemony in action

Although, in '97 The Sun knew they were backing a loser with the Tories so they conveniently switched allegiances, later claiming it was their presence that actuated the victory.

Darth Jello
the man is obviously a dangerous, sociopathic megalomaniac is all i'm saying. He seems bent on controlling elections, public opinion, and the exchange of ideas. Not to mention that fox news has recently violated several FTC laws involving sales of stock...

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by jaden101
yeah...hence the hegemony thing...

Hello Hegemony, my old friend...

Explicitness of understanding is generally not coupled with a 'seem'. I was just making sure.

I despise Murdoch, but - given the same resources - how many of us wouldn't use our wealth to further our own power-related monopolies and political affiliations? I'm pretty sure I would.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.