How do I post comic book scans?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hit and Run
Can someone please tell me how I upload images onto these threads? I am still new at this sort of stuff and haven't quite figured it out yet. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Hit and Run
Can someone please tell me how I upload images onto these threads? I am still new at this sort of stuff and haven't quite figured it out yet. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Google "ImageShack"

Go to the image shack site and then all you have to do is press the Browse button and then select whatever file you wish to upload from your PC and then press host it.

It will then upload and you will be taken to a page with loads of different links on it.

Its best to choose a link from the top of the page. The one which says Thumbnail for forums.

Try it out smile

Hit and Run
Thank you, but I have couple more questions.

1.) Do I have to be registered with ImageShack?

2.) With ImageShack, am I able to upload pics from Microsoft Word? Because that seems to be the only place I can put my images after I've scanned them.

Dark Urizen
Thank you, but I have couple more questions.

1.) Do I have to be registered with ImageShack?

2.) With ImageShack, am I able to upload pics from Microsoft Word? Because that seems to be the only place I can put my images after I've scanned them.

Ummm......no. you can't upload a picture directly from Word, but you can copy/paste it in IrfanView or ACDSee, or Photoshop, or any other picture program, and then save it as .bmp or .gif or .jpg (best) and then upload that file directly..........

Hit and Run
Alright, thanks guys! smile

Dark Urizen
No problem smile

Scoobless
i could've said all that..... but i didn't want to

stick out tongue

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/1927/page020ng.th.jpg

Dark Urizen
Jesus Scoob, you're a man with a mission laughing out loud
F*cking scot laughing out loud

Scoobless
Originally posted by Dark Urizen
Jesus Scoob, you're a man with a mission laughing out loud
F*cking scot laughing out loud

it was the last thing i'd copy/pasted...... figured i'd use it as an example on how to post a pic

stick out tongue

Hit and Run
Originally posted by Dark Urizen
Ummm......no. you can't upload a picture directly from Word, but you can copy/paste it in IrfanView or ACDSee, or Photoshop, or any other picture program, and then save it as .bmp or .gif or .jpg (best) and then upload that file directly..........
I'm sorry, but I checked out those sites you recommended and I still couldn't find any copy or paste options embarrasment. Instead, all I found were products that the sites were trying to sell.

Do I need to pay for anything or do I need to register on any of them in order to copy pictures? confused

H. S. 6
First, go here: ImageShack

Where it says "Upload from..." choose file if the file is saved to your hard drive. Click "Browse", and find the picture you want to show. Once you have found it, hit "OK" and then click "Host It."

Done. big grin

Hit and Run
The problem is, I can't seem to upload my pictures onto a hard drive and at the moment, the way Dark Urizen suggested sounds like the right way for me. I'm just having trouble finding the copy/paste options in any of the picture programs he mentioned so I was wondering if anyone could direct me to any of those options on any of those sites.

Hit and Run
I am also still wondering whether or not I have to be registered on any certain programs or if I have to purchase something in order to copy and paste pictures on any of those sites.

Blair Wind
there is only one site mentioned....imageshack is free....the other things are picture programs on your computer, it should have at least some type of program....save you pictures there, then hit browse on Imageshack, find the document with your picture and upload it.....

H. S. 6
The problem is, I can't seem to upload my pictures onto a hard drive and at the moment, the way Dark Urizen suggested sounds like the right way for me. I'm just having trouble finding the copy/paste options in any of the picture programs he mentioned so I was wondering if anyone could direct me to any of those options on any of those sites.
I am also still wondering whether or not I have to be registered on any certain programs or if I have to purchase something in order to copy and paste pictures on any of those sites.

Your scanner must put the scans somewhere in your hardrive. erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.