Battle of the Heroes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shadow x 20
At last the sun is shinning, clouds of blue roll by, with flames from the dragon of darkness the sunlight blinds his eye...

"Ahhhh!!" president Balkan screamed falling to the ground as Devan Cue approached with his Cielo Saber grasped in his hands. Balkan crawled back seeing that the Paladin Master would slay him.
"It is over Mr. President," Devan said moving in to strike. At that time the door opened and in ran Jack O'Neil to see the president being attacked by Devan.
"Jack! Thank God you came! The Paladins are revolting!" Balkan shouted.
"Don't listen to him Jack!" Devan yelled, "he's behind the Global Civil War just like I told you!"
"No he lies! How could I?" Balkan pleaded.
"We have to finish this Jack before it gets started," Devan said moving in to attack.
"We can't kill him," Jack said. Balkan got a small smile on his face, "he must go before the courts. To take a life is against one of the ten commandments."
"You're right Jack," Devan said lowering his guard, "he must come before the courts."
Devan took a deep breath and looked at Jack and nodded. Balkan smiled and lifted his hand up and at that moment a fireball was thrown from Balkan's hand and hit Devan in his left arm burning it. Devan let out a terrible cry and Balkan stood up.
"Die Paladin..." Balkan said and threw a second fireball at Devan but this one was more massive and more powerful then the first. Devan's entire body was burned and the impact threw him into the wall. Devan looked up at Jack.
"Though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death I shall fear no evil for..." Devan couldn't finish speaking for death took him. Jack looked at his fallen friend and looked at Balkan.
"I shall kill you Balkan!" Jack shouted drawing his Cielo Saber. The blue blade shinned in the shadows.
"Come now Jack, you don't actually believe the Paladins are your friends and allies," Balkan said. Jack lowered his guard down a bit.
"What do you mean?" Jack questioned.
"The Paladins fear you young O'Neil. They are trying to hold you back. But I want to unleash your power not conceal it. Join me Jack and the Reapers will rise again and destroy the Paladins," Balkan said. Jack thought hard for a moment. He wondered what would happen to his friends that serve the Paladins but finally Jack knelt down.
"Guide me so I may use my full powers," Jack said.

Shadow x 20

Shadow x 20

Shadow x 20
"Hault" a confederate soldier yelled as Jack approached. Jack did not stop and the soldier aimed his gun to kill Jack but Zodiac unleashed his power crushing the soldier's head with his sheer power. Zodiac entered the base to where Count Kajak Solomon is in council with his senators.
"Who are you?" a senator asked as Jack entered. Jack drew his Cielo Saber and with a quick thrust the blue blade stabbed the senator in his chest. Kajak saw this and drew his Enfer Saber, a Cielo Saber's equal but with a red blade. Kajak lept across the room and landed in front of Zodiac.
Zodiac smiled and evil smile and parried Kajak's slash. Kajak swung his blade using flips, turns, and almost unpredictable movements that to the untrained eye would appear to be an illusion but Jack countered every one of Kajak's assaults with parries blocking and holding his place without moving from where he stood. Kajak now started to flip and jump around Zodiac who still stood his ground and parried all his assaults.
Finally Zodiac went on the assault pushing Solomon down the corridor Jack just came from with small precise cuts and thrusts using a form of fencing to keep Kajak from countering his attacks. Solomon continued to back down as Zodiac pushed his attacks forward pushing Kajak closer and closer to the edge of the platform high on Mount Vovlian.

Shadow x 20
Kajak started to spin his Enfer Saber in a one hundred eighty degree circle and tried to push Zodiac back on the defense. The general took a step back and thrust his saber into the rotation of Kajak's attacks halting the saber. Kajak jumped back three feet.

"I see you have more fight in you boy," Kajak said, "but you are still not able to defeat me."
Solomon threw a fireball at Zodiac who held out his hand and deflected the fireball. The flaming ball went flying back to Kajak who blocked it from hitting his face but at that moment Zodiac went on the assault jumping high into the air and coming down with a downward strike. Kajak opened his eyes to see Zodiac gone.
"So the boy finally came to his sense and ran," Solomon said with a smirk, "he's not as foolish as I thoug---"
Kajak froze as he felt a terrible blow hit him. Zodiac spun his saber around twice and faced Kajak. The head of Count Solomon fell off his neck and fell to the floor below. The head rolled off the platform and into the barren wasteland below. The count's body fell backwards and over the guardrail also to the barren wasteland below.

Shadow x 20
Zodiac contacted Yugoslaver in the meeting room still in the base on Mount Vovlian, "Lord Yugoslaver it is done."
Dead bodies filled the room of senators and confederate soldiers.
"Good General Zodiac very good," Yugoslaver responded, "now it is time for the final phase. The birth of the Imperial Nations of Igros. For the time being you must remain hidden for if I fail and is executed you will have to finish my work."
"Yes sire," Zodiac responded.

Adam emerged from the river gasping for air. The bodies of union, confederate, and dai-ork soldiers filled the Plains of Hyland. Adam crawled out of the river and looked about seeing also bodies of his fallen paladin comrades.
"Who could have done this?" Adam asked himself. He spotted a motorcycle in the distance and ran towards it. Adam checked the bike and got on it. Everything was in perfect order and so Adam started the bike and drove off heading for Ethian.

"What is the purpose of this meeting?" many senators asked as they took their seats in the council room. Over a hundred senators filled the room wondering if the meeting was called to declare the end of the Global Civil War. President Balkan took the stand.
"Greetings to all senators! I have great news! The Confederate Nations of Igros is no more! The Global Civil War has alas ended!" Balkan shouted as the senators clapped and cheered, "but sadly with the end of the confederacy comes the end of the union."
Everyone went quiet as a senator stood.
"What do you mean Balkan!?" he questioned.
"I mean the United Nations of Igros will destroyed and in its ruins I shall build the Imperial Nations of Igros!" Balkan replied.
"I will not sit back and allow you to do that! You shall be impeached!" the senator shouted back and all the senators started to shout for impeachment.
"You have no say in the matter," Balkan replied as all the doors were slammed open and in came hundreds of dai-orks. They salughtered all the senators and Balkan watched and laughed, "now comes the days of the Empire!"

Shadow x 20
Adam gazed at the Paladin Temple from afar and saw only destruction and death. Paladins, union soldiers, and dai-orks filled the temple's floors. Adam wondered about slowly and carefully trying to find any survivors.
"We should have been prepared for this," Adam softly said heading over to the secruity systems, "maybe I could find out who done this the old fansion way...maybe it isn't Balkan."
Adam turned on the secruity systems and a screen appeared showing Jack slaughtering union soldiers and paladins with the aid of the dai-orks.
"Jack?" Adam questioned, "it can't be."
Emer walked up with his left arm badly wounded.
"O'Donnell, glade to see at least one paladin remains," Emer said moving slowly through the falls with his cane.
"Emer...why has Jack done this?" Adam asked.
"His heart was filled with grief and fury," Emer said, "and Balkan, or should I say Emperor Yugoslaver, made that hatred grow until the Jack O'Neil you knew ceased to be and he became General Zodiac."
"General Zodiac..." Adam repeated, "we have to stop Yugoslaver and Zodiac for the fate of Igros."
"I agree with you O'Donnell...you must find General Zodiac and defeat him," Emer told Adam.
"What?" Adam asked, "send me to fight Yugoslaver...Jack is like my brother I cannot kill him."
"Then Yugoslaver has won for you are not powerful enough to slay the Reaper-King," Emer told Adam. Adam nodded softly.
"How would I find him?" Adam asked.
"I do not know but you must," Emer said turning around and walking off. Adam lowered his head as Emer departed from these hallow halls one final time.

Shadow x 20
Adam entered the last union base with a few hundred soldiers gathered in it. Adam and Emer were the last paladins because of what Yugoslaver has done.
"General O'Donnell," a union soldier said walking up to him, "thank Avalon one paladin remains alive. The union is no more, President Balkan has killed all the senators and turned the union into the Imperial Nations of Igros."
"Then we must fight to free Igros," Adam said, "so we must gather support from as many people as we can. We shall form the Freedom Fighters and save Igros from this tyrant."
"I agree general but where is Emer?" the soldier asked.
"He went to deal with Balkan, or shall I call him Emperor Yugoslaver," Adam replied.
"Emperor Yugoslaver? Wasn't he the Reaper-King we were looking for?"
"Yes," Adam responded and entered the base. Maybe Adam could locate Jack's tracking single and pinpoint his location but he didn't have much time. Adam searched for hours until finally he located his single, "Mount Vovlian in Darkice."
Adam turned and headed for a transport.
"General O'Donnell?" a union soldier asked as Adam passed him, "where are you going?"
"To end this empire," Adam said not stopping. Adam found a motorcycle and drove off on it.

"It is done General Zodiac," Yugoslaver said on the mainscreen.
"Very good sire," Zodiac said kneeling.
"Now it is time for you to return to Gandra for the age of the union is over; the time of the empire has come," Yugoslaver said.
"I will be there as fast as I can," Zodiac replied.
"Hurry general," Yugoslaver responded and the screen went black. Jack stood up and noticed on the radar an object approaching.
"What have we here?" he asked himself and left the council room to see who it was from the platform high on Mount Vovlian. Jack looked down and could see a small object approaching the foot of the mountain.

Saratn
i have a quick suggestion, space between your paragraphs. other than that, it's good so far.

Shadow x 20
Adam alas reached the foot of Mount Vovlian and could see the doorway leading to the platforms located near the top. Two dead confederate soldiers lay motionless by the door.
"Jack has been here," Adam said to himself, "but I wonder if he is still here?"
Adam cracked his knuckles and opened the door running up the stairs to the elevator. He hurried as fast as he could and finally came to the elevator's door and pushed the bottom up. The doors opened and Adam went in. Their were only two buttons the base level and the lower level. Adam pushed the base level and the elevator went up.

Dai-orks in special red armor stood guard outside the emperor's throne room as Emer jumped down behind a crate keeping out of sight. (Emer is like Splinter from Ninja Turtles) He looked over the crates and saw a bunch of dai-orks marching down the hallway and so Emer thought it would be best to wait a few minutes.

The doors opened and Adam stepped out. He was on a straight path leading to the hanger bay where the confederate flagship, Merrick, was at. Adam walked slowly down the pathway high up the mountain's side. Adam entered the hanger and looked around.
"Adam!" Jack screamed standing in front of the door opposite from where Adam entered.
"Jack what have you done!?" Adam questioned.
"What have I done? You fear my power Adam!" Jack replied.
"We had to conceal your power because you couldn't control it yet!" Adam responded. The once proud team started to slowly approach each other stopping about ten feet apart from one another.
"We saw how yell the paladins done keeping the peace! Civil War broke out because you are to afraid to keep order with fear and power!" Jack yelled.
"Because that's not a way to live!" Adam responded, "we have to allow the people to make the choice themselves!"
"Over these pass few hours I have brought peace to the world, I have brought justice back to the world, and I have brought order to the world! This is now my Empire Adam!"
"Your Empire? Balkan is using you Jack!"
"Don't make me kill you."
"Jack, I serve the people not its leader. I fight to protect the weak and save the innocent!"
"If you are not with me then you are my enemy!"
"Then it is true...you are a reaper." Adam said drawing his Cielo Saber. The blue blade glimmered in the room, "then I have no choice but to stop you."
"You can only try," Jack responded. Jack drew his Cielo Saber and lept at Adam. Adam blocked Jack's assault. Jack pushed Adam back using thrusts and small precise cuts and all Adam could do was parry his attacks. Adam jumped back and used the wall to leap over Jack and he turned to stab Jack in the back but Jack caught Adam's hand holding the saber. Adam tried to break lose and Jack went to attack but Adam managed to put his saber in front of Jack's blocking the blow. Finally Jack kicked Adam using celestial energy knocking Adam back a few feet. Jack ran in and continued to attack. Both fought with extreme speed and skills but Jack was on the attack and Adam was on the defense.

Shadow x 20
Emer stayer where he was at until finally the last dai-ork went out of sight expect the two standing guard. Emer drew his Cielo Saber, which is the only Cielo Saber with a green blade for Emer was the head of the paladin order, and he jumped on the crate. The dai-orks saw Emer and shot Emer who used his celestial energy as an energy shield to negate the shots and Emer sliced the first dai-ork's head off and the second one was sliced in two through the torso.
"These dai-orks still had a lot to learn," Emer said placing his saber in his sheath. He opened the door and went in.

"Emperor Yugoslaver the last free nation is now under are control," the emperor's bodyguard said.
"Good now we can have complete control of Igros," Yugoslaver replied, "has General Zodiac arrived yet?"
"I will go check sire," the bodyguard said and wondered over to the door. He opened it up but at that moment Emer jumped in and sliced off the head of the bodyguard.
"General Emer," Yugoslaver said standing up from his throne, "how did you manage to survive?"
"It will take more then a few dai-orks to bring me down President Balkan," Emer replied, "or would you perfect the Reaper-King Yugoslaver."
"You are a foolish one Emer," Yugoslaver said. He held out his hand and threw a huge fireball at Emer but the paladin reflected the fireball with his celestial energy back at Yugoslaver who negated it, "I have been looking forward to this you weak rat. The paladins are no more and the reapers will rule the world."
"Not if I have a say in this," Emer said and he drew his saber. Yugoslaver drew his red Enfer Saber and laughed. Yugoslaver jumped forward and landed in front of Emer who jumped up and the two locked blades.

Jack continued to push Adam back as they entered a small pathway. It seemed that Adam was losing the battle but he was waiting for Jack to tire out. Their blades collided countless time every minute. Adam jumped off the platform and down to the pathway below followed by Jack. Adam tried to finish the fight there when Jack landed he went for a thrust but Jack parried it and continued on with his assaults.

Shadow x 20
Adam jumped back for Jack was beginning to break through his defense. Adam grasped his saber with both hands and held it over his head and Jack did the same thing. The two approached each other slowly and brought their blades down on one another blocking every attack they threw at one another. Finally Jack went back to fighting with only his right hand and keeping his left free. Adam fought with both hands as neither moved from the spot on whence they stood at but the two locked blades. Jack saw that Adam had lowered his defense and punched O'Donnell across his face. Adam stumbled back a foot but blocked Jack's downward strike.

Emer kept moving about jumping and spinning and fighting with almost unpredictable movements in the Emperor's Chamber. Yugoslaver held his ground as the two switched over and over again between who was on the attack and who was on the defense. Emer and Yugoslaver proved to be equal in dueling skills as they continued to plow through each other at fast speeds that was very hard to keep up with. Finally Emer went in with a spinning assault hoping to defeat Yugoslaver but the Reaper-King blocked it with a force that a elephant couldn't break.
Emer and Yugoslaver locked blades at that strike but Emer jumped back and went in on the attack again. Yugoslaver blocked each of Emer's attacks until finally Emer disarmed Yugoslaver by knocking his Enfer Saber out of his hand and out of the window. Yugoslaver jumped back next to his throne up on the altar and started to throw fireballs at Emer.
Emer dodged three of them and placed his Cielo Saber in his sheath. Yugoslaver powered up and threw a fourth fireball at Emer but this time he stopped the fireball and reflected it back at Yugoslaver. Yugoslaver was hit by the fireball and went crashing through the walls and into the senate's room. Emer again drew his Cielo Saber and jumped up to the altar and into the hole Yugoslaver made.

Shadow x 20
Emer entered the senate's room and could not see Yugoslaver anywhere. Finally out of the corner of his eye he spotted Yugoslaver on the opposite end of the room, which was maybe three hundred feet, and elevated on the balcony tossing fireballs at Emer. Emer could not deflect so many at once so he had no choice but to dodge. Emer jumped and docked over every fireball that came his way until finally he replaced his Cielo Saber again into his sheath. Yugoslaver would not cease this time around and continued to fling fireballs at Emer.
Finally Emer caught a fireball and then another and then another fusing them into one. Emer kept catching them and making a bigger and stronger fireball and then he threw it at Yugoslaver. Yugoslaver jumped out of the way as the fireball blasted the wall behind him. Yugoslaver looked around and could not see Emer.
Emer jumped up in front of him with his Cielo Saber drawn. Yugoslaver released a wave of lighting that Emer held back with one hand. Yugoslaver placed everything he had in his lighting attack but finally Emer managed to reflect it back to Yugoslaver who was thrown into the wall and fell to the floor. Emer jumped on Yugoslaver with his Cielo Saber at his neck.
"Have pity on me," Yugoslaver pleaded.
"Your role has ended Emperor Yugoslaver," Emer said, "and it was too long for my book."
Emer drew his blade back to kill Yugoslaver but at that moment at dai-ork jumped in with a long sword and sliced off Emer's arm holding the Cielo Saber. The saber fell down the balcony with the arm and crashed into the senator's area down below. Yugoslaver laughed and threw a fireball at Emer which threw the paladin across the room and into the chairs below. Seven dai-orks assisted Yugoslaver up.
"Find his body," Yugoslaver said. Emer got up badly burnt and ran out of the room through the hole in the wall unseen. He used his healing powers to stop from bleeding from his arm and slowly restored his physical wounds to normal. The burn marks slowly vanished as dai-orks marched up and down the hallways looking for Emer. Emer jumped up and entered an air vent.

Shadow x 20
Adam backed up into the control room of the base with Jack on his trail. Adam plunged his saber at Jack who blocked it and went back on the assault. Adam continued to back up as the wave of attacks continued and Adam successfully blocked all the attacks. Finally the rage of Jack grew and he unleashed a powerful wind storm at Adam which threw him back into the control panal. Jack jumped forward and went for a downward strike but Adam rolled out of the way and Jack's attack hit the control panal. The control systems failed as Mount Vovlian begun to erput.
Jack couldn't free his saber as Adam went to finish him off but Jack kicked Adam in his chin forcing him to fall backwards and to drop his saber. Adam stood back up and punched Jack in his gut but Jack pushed him back. Adam grabbed his saber and went to hit Jack but he grabbed his hand which held the saber in it and with his right hand he grabbed Adam by his throat.

Shadow x 20
Adam kicked Jack off him with his Cielo Saber still in hand. Adam goes to attack Jack but he again pushes Adam back with his wind storm. Jack frees his Cielo Saber and goes into attack Adam. Adam blocks his attacks with extreme speed and still trying to tire out Jack. Adam backs out of the control room and again onto the catwalk. Lava is shot out of Mount Vovlian and hits the platform Jack and Adam are on causing the edges to melt and slowly it begins to fall.
Jack and Adam jump up as high as they can using celestial energy to power up their jump and still fighting one another. Jack knocks Adam using a powerful wind blast knocking Adam into the volcano. Adam lands on a ledge as Jack lands on the same one. Adam hurries to his feet and the two clash blades.
The ledge begins to crumble and both Jack and Adam jump off and onto ledges lower below. Jack lands on a ledge lower then Adam and Adam jumps off with a downward strike but Jack blocks it and they fight on the new ledge. That ledge crumbles and breaks apart and the two jump down lower unto another larger ledge as the magma slowly rises.
"You could have become the greatest paladin ever Jack," Adam said, "but I failed to teach you how to control your power."
"You feared me Adam! I have learned that the paladins are weak and the reapers should rule!" Jack shouted.
"Then you are lost!" Adam yelled back.
"This is the end for you Adam O'Donnell," Jack replied. Jack started to gather a lot of energy and he unleashed it at Adam who stopped it and reflected it back at Jack but it caused him to fall back as well. Jack fell to the lowest ledge before hitting the magma and Adam was on a ledge twenty feet higher. Jack stood up gasping for air and Adam got to his feet.
"You can't go on Jack!" Adam yelled, "you used up all your celestial energy! It's over!"
"You underestimate me!" Jack screamed and jumped at Adam.

Shadow x 20
Adam sliced off Jack's arm that held his Cielo Saber. The saber fell into the magma below and Jack grabbed a hold of the ledge holding on for his life.
"I'll kill you!" Jack screamed.
"You were like a brother to me Jack," Adam said and jumped out of the volcano. The ledge slowly begun to crumble as the magma below continued to rise. Finally the ledge fell and Jack plumped down into the magma below.

Adam arrived at the last union base where Emer was at being treated from his wounds.
"General O'Donnell, I am glade to see you have returned. Is young O'Neil gone?" Emer asked as Adam entered the medical room.
"He fell into the magma," Adam replied, "Jack is no more...what of Yugoslaver?"
"I have failed to defeat him," Emer said, "before I could kill the Reaper-King a dai-ork sliced off my arm."
"Then we must go back," Adam pleaded.
"I'm afraid that was the only chance we had," Emer responded, "he knows I am still alive and so he shall keep himself protected by his dai-orks."
"Then what can we do?" Adam asked.
"Wait...wait until the Freedom Fighters are strong enough to rage war with the Imperial Nations of Igros and then we can only hope we get a second chance," Emer said.
"But who knows how long that will take," Adam said.
"It is the only hope," Emer replied, "until then we must vanish, never to be seen again until the time is right."
"I agree Emer," Adam responded, "the Emperor will no doubt hunt down any remaining paladins so we must go into exile."
"And this could be are final meeting," Emer said holding out his hand. Adam grabbed it and the two shook hands, "I will depart to the Lone Mountain."
"I will go to Uplian," Adam said. Emer nodded and walked out. Adam stayed in the medical room for a minute and then turned to go.

The End

Shadow x 20
"Amazing...he should be dead."
"No one can survive a fall into magma. How did he do it?"
"It must have been his celestial energy."
"Must have been, but his body is useless to him now. We must build him a new body. Remove his eyes, brain, and inner organs. We have a lot of work to do."
The room was completely dark expect for a dim light in the center. Strange noise echoed through the hallways as a terrible smell rose. The doctors that entered the room were the best in all of Igros. They came in and out like bees in a bee hive moving to and fro taking coolers out of the room and bringing in special machines.
Finally the doctors were finished. They walked out of the lab, twenty five in total, and one by one they removed their masks and the lead doctor entered a room where a lone figure stood cloaked in black with a white mask covering the left side of his face.

"Emperor Yugoslaver," the doctor said as he entered the room, "I believe we done all we could. Shall you see the end result?"
"I shall," Yugoslaver replied and followed the doctor into the room. The room was still dark and Yugoslaver walked over to a shadow that appeared to be someone in a bed. The lights turned on and there on the bed was a cyborg with a head that looked like a skull but you could see that his eyes were those of a human's.
He had a scare located on his right side to help him resemble his former self. His torso resembled football pads at the top and down into a small spinal cord like structure to contact him to his hips.
"General Zodiac?" Yugoslaver asked, "can you hear me?"
"Yes sire," General Zodiac replied. His voice was deep and menacing.
"Good," Yugoslaver responded, "very good. Now you can take your revenge and hunt down that accursed paladin that done this to you."
"I shall not rest until Adam O'Donnell is dead," Zodiac replied and stood up. He was nearly seven foot tall not and Yugoslaver snapped his fingers. A dai-ork entered the room and presented Yugoslaver with a sword with a hilt greater then any other in a sheath. Yugoslaver took the sword and handed it to Zodiac.
"You will need this to get your revenge," Yugoslaver said. Zodiac drew the Enfer Saber out of the sheath. The red blade shimmered in the room.
"I will not lose this time sire," Zodiac said and looked at the dai-ork. Zodiac did not look away from the dai-ork as though he was looking for something. The entire room started to shake until finally the head of the dai-ork was crushed to the size of a marble. Yugoslaver smiled at Zodiac's control of celestial energy.

Shadow x 20
5 days later...

"General Zodiac, a few paladins have survived are attacks," Yugoslaver said stepping into his throne room followed by Zodiac who now wore a black cape to cover his entire torso and most of his legs, "they are hiding in Fongon. We know their is ten paladins hiding there. You will need to take them out."
"Yes sire," Zodiac responded.
"I have developed you bodyguards to assist you in this battle," Yugoslaver responded as four droids entered the room. They looked like basic versions of General Zodiac expect their head structure resembled a spray bottle.
"Thank you sire," Zodiac replied and turned to go with the SD-100s following. He bored his cruiser and headed off to Fongon.

"What can we go Derrick?" the female paladin Alice asked looking into the window, "the Empire has destroyed the paladin temple and whipped out all but a few paladins."
"We must unite the people to resist Yugoslaver," Derrick responed. Bradon entered the room with three soldiers with him.
"We now have the full support of Hyland," Bradon said entering, "we now have about ten thousand soldiers ready to aid us."

Shadow x 20
"General Lee," a soldier said to Derrick, "incoming cruiser."
"What is it?" Derrick asked looking at the screen.
"Vengeance flagship," the soldier responded.
"It's the empire!" Derrick shouted.
"The empire?" Nathan questioned entering the room, "we have to escape here or else their will be no hope."
"General Zodiac will be no doubt leading this attack," Derrick said, "I shall confront him and hold him off. The rest of you escape."
"Alright," Alice said. The soldiers in the base grabbed their weapons ready for the fighting to start.

"General Zodiac," a dai-ork said, "their turrets are 100% activated. We will be in range of their weapons in 20 seconds."
"Activate the shields," Zodiac replied, "and fire at will!"
"Yes general," the dai-ork responded. Vengeance activated its shields as the turrets opened fire on the cruiser. Missiles were fired from the Vengeance hitting the base as troop transports begin to dock onto the base via the hangers. Every transport carried twenty five dai-orks and they came out shooting as the freedom fighters did their best to hold them back. The transports door opened and out came General Zodiac with his Enfer Saber along with his four SD-100s. Zodiac made his way through the freedom fighters using his celestial energy to burn and kill all in his path.
"Commander," Zodiac said on his communicator, "begin to make your way to the control room."

Shadow x 20
"Commander we have broken through their lines," a dai-ork said to the commander.
"Good. Kill all in your paths," the commander said.

The doors blasted open and General Zodiac walked in, "come out come out where ever you are paladin scum."
"General Zodiac," Derrick said with his Cielo Saber firmly in his hands, "I knew you would try to kill us."
"You are a bold one facing me alone," Zodiac replied.
"He isn't alone," Matthew said entering the room with his Cielo Saber.
"I'm with you Derrick," Amy said entering the room with her Cielo Saber.
"Three on one huh?" Zodiac asked, "it just makes this fight a lot more enjoyable."
"Make that four," Nathan said entering the room with his Cielo Saber.
"Five," Ashley said entering the room with her Cielo Saber. The five paladins surrounded Zodiac as he grasped his Enfer Saber.
"You fools," Zodiac said, "you are foolish to try and stand in my way."
"No General Zodiac," Derrick said, "you are foolish to try and defeat all five of us at once."

At once all five paladins charged in at Zodiac. Zodiac jumped into the air and landed behind Matthew and came down with a downward strike throwing off his cape. Matthew blocked it and came back on the attack with a sideway slash but Zodiac easily blocked it. Amy jumped over Matthew and came down on Zodiac but he parried all her attacks along with Matthew's.
Nathan came up behind Zodiac and tried to hit him from behind but Zodiac kicked him in his chin and went on the attack. Derrick charged at Zodiac but he grabbed Derrick by the throat and threw him into Ashley. Zodiac came up and started to use a high developed attack which focused on using attacks that is unpredictable slicing off Matthew's arms in seven easy attacks. Zodiac then beheaded Matthew and focused mainly on Amy.
Amy countered with a plunge at Zodiac but the general grabbed her arm and forced her close to him where Zodiac beheaded her. Derrick finally got back up and along with Ashley and Nathan the three attacked General Zodiac.
Zodiac blocked all their attacks with ease and still managed to stab Nathan in his throat killing the paladin. Derrick and Ashley did not back down but instead they got on both sides of Zodiac and went in for the attack. Zodiac's speed was very impressive for he managed to block every one of their attacks. Zodiac finally got an opening and sliced off Ashley's left arm that held her Cielo Saber and then he continued by beheading her.

Derrick was now alone but he could not retreat. Zodiac moved in with a spiral assault moving swiftly taking the paladin head on without difficulty. Derrick Lee held his ground the best he could be finally Zodiac's attack was so powerful that Derrick was disarmed. Zodiac grabbed Derrick by his throat.
"You have failed," Zodiac said and forced his Enfer Saber down Derrick's head. Zodiac threw the dead body into the wall, "now to find the remaining paladins."

Shadow x 20
"Is everyone on board?" Bradon asked.
"Just us five," Alextor replied, "Derrick and the other four went to fight General Zodiac."
"Then we can only hope they defeat the reaper," Bradon said.
"You better take off now!" Hannah yelled pointing out a window. The doors to the hanger blasted open and General Zodiac walked in.
"Hang on!" Bradon screamed as the small cruiser flew out of the hanger.

"I think we're safe," Sam said, "where is Lucy?"
"She went to the back to check on the engine," Alextor replied, "we have to go someplace where the empire can't find us."
"But where?" Hannah questioned.
"I don't know," Bradon softly said.
"Ehhhh!" a female voice screamed echoing through the ship.
"What was that!?" Alextor shouted. Bradon put the ship on autopilot and the four paladins drew their Cielo Sabers and opened the door. The door of the ship was torn opened and Lucy was found on the floor armless and headless, "he's on board."

General Zodiac jumped down behind them and with a quick assault he beheaded Alextor before anyone knew what happened. Hannah, Bradon, and Sam attacks Zodiac in unison but that proved useless as Zodiac parried and countered all their attacks. Zodiac then grabbed Bradon's arm that held the Cielo Saber and forces Bradon's own sword into his stomach. Bradon fell on top of Alextor. Sam and Hannah backed up seeing no way out.
Zodiac laughed and with his celestial energy Hannah's head was crushed to the size of a marble. Sam grabbed her Cielo Saber and with two he attacked Zodiac with extreme skill and speed but yet Zodiac sliced off both his arms. Sam fell to his knees and Zodiac beheaded Sam in a quick attack.
"These paladins prove useless," Zodiac said, "the reapers are strong and the paladins are weak."

The End

Shadow x 20
"Once I rose my head above the noise and confusion; just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion."

"Excellent work General Zodiac," Yugoslaver said as Zodiac entered the throne room, "now that the paladins are no more nothing can stop us."
"What about my old friend and master?" Zodiac asked, "what about Adam O'Donnell?"
"He won't try to defeat you for now you are unstoppable," Yugoslaver replied, "go to Darkice and watch over the creation of the Galactic Cannon."
"I will obey my lord," Zodiac said and left the throne room.

"Lord Zodiac," a dai-ork said as Zodiac left his flagship onto the base where the Galactic Cannon was being built at, "the Galactic Cannon will be up and running in a few hours."
"Excellent," replied General Zodiac, "we shall test the cannon on Uplian."
"Uplian sir?" the dai-ork asked, "that nation has twenty million people."
The dai-ork's head was crushed into the size of a marble by Zodiac as he walked pass him using his celestial energy.
"Lord Yugoslaver gave me orders to test the cannon captain," Zodiac said to the dead dai-ork as he entered the base.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.