I must obey my master.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sesse
Apparently Palpatine had instruments to blow Vader up at will...
Episode 1:

-before the race-

Shmi: "All the slaves have a transmitter placed inside their body somehwere" { So they can be tracked?}

Anakin: " I've been working on a scanner to try locating mine." {good for you}

Shmi: "Any attempt to escape..." {Not many are there?}

Anakin: "And they blow you up, boom!" {Interesting...}

JarJar: "How wude!" {My thoughts exactly}

-After the race-

Qui Gon: "And he has been freed" {When exactly?}

Anakin: "What?!" { He doesn't know???}

Qui Gon: "You are no longer a slave." {really?}

Anakin: "Did you hear that?!?!" { So no transmitter-recovery made?}

Episode 2:

ObiWan: "Thats Anakins tracking signal, but its coming from Tatooine..."
{So he still has his transmitter on.}

So Luke could have defeated Vader just by visiting Wattos shop to buy a transmitter to blow Vader up. At no point did they remove it from Anakin in the films.

Cascador
This is ridiculous...

SpyCspider
hahahaah I thought it was pretty igenious laughing

kamikz
I don't know much about this so I'm just gonna ask a question.

Is there a possibility that they ment they would track them down and kill them, or did the transmitter include a bomb?

Doesen't Obi-Wan track his ships signal?

Shadow x 20
Maybe they it was destroyed along with most of his body in ROTS

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Cascador
This is ridiculous... hysterical when obi-wan said tracking signal, i thought they meant the ship.

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Sesse
Apparently Palpatine had instruments to blow Vader up at will...
Episode 1:

-before the race-

Shmi: "All the slaves have a transmitter placed inside their body somehwere" { So they can be tracked?}

Anakin: " I've been working on a scanner to try locating mine." {good for you}

Shmi: "Any attempt to escape..." {Not many are there?}

Anakin: "And they blow you up, boom!" {Interesting...}

JarJar: "How wude!" {My thoughts exactly}

-After the race-

Qui Gon: "And he has been freed" {When exactly?}

Anakin: "What?!" { He doesn't know???}

Qui Gon: "You are no longer a slave." {really?}

Anakin: "Did you hear that?!?!" { So no transmitter-recovery made?}

Episode 2:

ObiWan: "Thats Anakins tracking signal, but its coming from Tatooine..."
{So he still has his transmitter on.}

So Luke could have defeated Vader just by visiting Wattos shop to buy a transmitter to blow Vader up. At no point did they remove it from Anakin in the films. is it a self-automated bomb? or does the slave's owners have something to click to cause them to explode? laughing out loud i love this thread.

Shadow x 20
Maybe it's auto so they won't lose the button and maybe they disarm it once a slave is free

Tangible God
Most likely their are boundaries for the slave transmittors.

And Anakin probably had his deactivated by Watto between the scene where Qui-Gon confronted Watto, and where the two returned to Anakin's house. This may also explain the presence of conversation which revolved around how Anakin and Quiggy SOLD THE SPEEDER! Anyone wonder when they did that? The movies aren't confined to Real Life Timeframe ya know! Sheesh.

And most likely Anakin would have his transmittor surgically removed during the ten year gap between TPM and AOTC.

And do you really think Master and Padawan would have no way of knowing where each other was, especially since said Padawan was on bodyguard duty, and might require assitance?

Sesse
But the previously mentioned padawan decided to go hunt some Tuskens, so he was not at his post.

Tangible God
But did not that Padawan's master know where he was?

"That's funny. That's Anakin's tracking signal all right, but it's coming from Tatooine."

Despite his insubordination, Anakin's whereabouts were known to Obi-Wan.

Shadow x 20
Yeah because Obi-Wan used a tracking computer to find maybe R2-D2 or their ship and Ani would be near.

Captain REX
For the love of...

The tracking signal was to his ship, not to him personally.

Council#13
Originally posted by Cascador
This is ridiculous...

Amen to that

Sesse
Of course it was him personally!

They travelled to Naboo as refugees, thus having no ship.
It was senator Amidalas personal Naboo cruiser that they used to go to Tatooine. It was Anakins personal physical transmitter signal Obi Wan received.

Why would Obi1 track that particular ship that Anakin was not even supposed to see on his assignment.

Cascador
still if you say is true, why didn't obi-wan use it to blow him up?
Like somebody said, it was de-activated! The tracking signal probably comes from a device on his belt, who knows but not from his transmitter that slaves had on Tatooine.

Not everything what happens, is seen on screen, I remember very well from the novel what happened to the transmitter.

Sesse
So, if the transmitter is located on Jedis belt, why didn't they know that Obi1 was still alive in episode 3? Or why did Obi1 have to interview Padme to find Anakin on Mustafar? Anakin seemed to have his usual clothes aswell as his belt on out there.

Cascador
Maybe he removed it from his belt, I don't know. I was just giving an example. there is no proof that it comes from his belt, but there is proof that it doesn't come from that slave transmitter

Tangible God
Yeah see, when one Jedi turns to the Dark Side, he isn't going to keep his signal device on him so his enemies can locate him.

And as a Jedi, do you really think he's gonna just keep the transmittor in there? What purpose would it serve?

Fact is: He would have had the transmittor removed as a Jedi, and discarded his signal device when he turned to the Dark Side.

Cascador
Remember also that Anakin said in TPM that he was working on a device to locate it. I think that's a hint that he wanted to remove it, so it's likely he did.

Tangible God
Exactly.

Sesse
Precisely.

Cascador

Tangible God
Honestly though, his message right to the ship DIDN'T make sense, since he didn't even know about that ship. It was just a filler for the hidden plot-hole.

JaehSkywalker
yeah...

Darth Jello
with padme dead, Vader only had the dark side. Meaning that before, Vader pursued power in an effort to save his wife out of love. With his wife gone, the pursuite of power itself became the quest with power supplanting the sense of love with power. Palpatine was the keeper of all the secrets of the Sith and Vader knew this, so Vader was dependant on Palpatine in his pursuit of power until he learned everything. This isn't unique to Vader but is the actual structure of the master/apprentice relationship and inevitably leads to succession by teason. The master keeps the power while the apprentice craves it.
EU sources also claim that vader was hopped up on sith amphetamines which Palps regulated.

overlord
Originally posted by Darth Jello
with padme dead, Vader only had the dark side. Meaning that before, Vader pursued power in an effort to save his wife out of love. With his wife gone, the pursuite of power itself became the quest with power supplanting the sense of love with power. Palpatine was the keeper of all the secrets of the Sith and Vader knew this, so Vader was dependant on Palpatine in his pursuit of power until he learned everything. This isn't unique to Vader but is the actual structure of the master/apprentice relationship and inevitably leads to succession by teason. The master keeps the power while the apprentice craves it.
EU sources also claim that vader was hopped up on sith amphetamines which Palps regulated. Ah.. It's just nice to rule the universe with so much planets.
Otherwise he would've just cloned her back.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Sesse
Of course it was him personally!

They travelled to Naboo as refugees, thus having no ship.
It was senator Amidalas personal Naboo cruiser that they used to go to Tatooine. It was Anakins personal physical transmitter signal Obi Wan received.

Why would Obi1 track that particular ship that Anakin was not even supposed to see on his assignment.

Yeah, thats a real damn good point, people. Artoo wasn't even on the ship, so it WASN'T Artoo he was tracking. Sesse is right, unless he knew the signal to all of Padme's personal ships (as she seems to have a shitload) then he musta tracked Anakin personally.

Jack Daniels
I always thought vader had to obey otherwise palps would just snap his force filled fingers and vaders life support would shut down.....and as far as palps regulating his "juice" amphetamines whatever I read Vader controled it himself as needed to boost adreneline and strength.....old comic I read that in from the 70s probably....was a long time ago

Cascador
those comics aren't reliable tho....I have many of those too, in which one Jabba is a very very thin monkey looking alien...lol

Darth Jello
regardless, I think it has more to do with Vader supplanting his person relationships with a quest for power than it does with any actual threats from palpatine cause that forms the basis for sith relationships anyway. I mean, if a point were ever reached where Vader mastered the dark side and sith teachings completely, he would no longer need sidious and one or the other would be killed.

Cascador
Vader wasn't as strong as Sidious, but his son could become more stronger than him, that is why he wants to train him. He had the same potential as Anakin himself, but in the end he wasn't strong enough. Vader was only able to kill Sidious by returning to the light side of the Force.

obi-one killer
if you carefuly watch E-III youll see that when he locates him on tat it shows the ship on the surfice not like a satalite pict but digital so im going to gess he tracted the ship not anakin.

Cascador

2Tidus!
If this was true, then they did not use the Slave TRacky thingy because at EP 3 Obi Wan wanted to save Anakin. After Anakin got hit by the lava and shit, either the lava removed it or when they where repairing him after the lava, the droids probably took it out.

However, that's an interesting loop!

Tangible God
I doubt that even Anakin would be as dumb as to leave his tracking device on when he turned to the Dark Side.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Tangible God
I doubt that even Anakin would be as dumb as to leave his tracking device on when he turned to the Dark Side.

laughing out loud Ya never know....

On the same token, I'll bet he never expected Padme to take Obiwan to whack him. So he's either real dumb, bad at covering his tracks, or just too trusting.

I think the trusting trait passed on to his kids----> "You're far too trusting." - Tarkin to Leia, right before he blows up the dumb broad's planet.

Cascador
well she didnt have much choice did she...besides she gave up a fake name in a desperate try to save both the rebellion and her home planet...I wouldn't call that dumb

And if you marry later and don't trust your wife...that's your problem!stick out tongue

sithsaber408
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
Yeah, thats a real damn good point, people. Artoo wasn't even on the ship, so it WASN'T Artoo he was tracking. Sesse is right, unless he knew the signal to all of Padme's personal ships (as she seems to have a shitload) then he musta tracked Anakin personally.

Yeah he was! He was there the whole time.

Hello... they went to Tatooine from naboo for anakin's mom, after the adventure to find her dead, and the funeral...WHO comes out of the fvcking ship with a message...R-2.

Now he didn't get beamed down there by friggin Mr. Scott. big grin

Did everybody forget about the Jedi comlink from TPM. I'm willing to bet that it has a GPS (galaxy position signal stick out tongue ) type of thing on it, so that the temple/other Jedi can find each other.

You know, for messages, the kind that can be broadcasted from the temple to each Jedi? wink

Oh, and Vader's statment in ROTJ was more about his relationship to palpatine, and that palpatine could destroy vader...hence, he must obey him. (IMO) cool

Cascador
That's a good point! the comlink...signal must be coming from that device! nice catch sithsaber!

bad_boba017
Wow, way to waste time....

Tangible God
Originally posted by bad_boba017
Wow, way to waste time.... The Hell's wrong with this guy?

sithsaber408
Originally posted by bad_boba017
Wow, way to waste time....

Pipe down when grown folks are talking son.
nono

Unless you have a point to add to the discussion........

Sesse
But he has?

I agree that WOW is a way to totally waste time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.