Ultimate universe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jose123
So how many people on this board prefer the Ultimate Universe and comics over 616?

How many like 616 better?

How many like both about the same?

616 for me.

soleran30
Well Ultimates won me over after Wolverine got broken in 2 and I like Ulimates Captain better...............

other then that 616

HigH ScholaR
OVERALL 616 BUT ultimate universe got some good side to it that do better than 616.

Originally posted by soleran30
Well Ultimates won me over after Wolverine got broken in 2 and I like Ulimates Captain better...............

other then that 616

Yep bout ****ing time though

nwg202
616 will always be classic..but the ultimate universe has a lot of good stories...ultixmen, utli ff, ultimates 2, they are all better than their 616 counterparts right now. Plus its a new universe so u have tighter continuity.ultimate universe for me...for now.

jasofisc
I like them both about the same but recently after the whole house of M thing I like ultimate a lot better.

willRules
I ike both loads. I probably prefer 616 more but Ultimates is nothing short of brilliant.

roughrider
Ultimate Fantastic Four is a great read; maybe better than I ever enjoyed the original.

DarkCrawler
616, but I enjoy 99% of Ultimate Comics too.

H. S. 6
I can't really compare them. I love them equally as much. big grin

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by nwg202
616 will always be classic..but the ultimate universe has a lot of good stories...ultixmen, utli ff, ultimates 2, they are all better than their 616 counterparts right now. Plus its a new universe so u have tighter continuity.ultimate universe for me...for now.

616 needs a 'crisis' of sorts to restore its continuity and relinquish the number of characters .... there are too many teams and to much 'dead wood' .... i thought House of M was going to solve this problem

The following titles need a make over, IMO

FF4
All the x-men titles except Astonishing
Spider man needs to be reduced in number of books
Cosmic powers need to be more well 'defined' and their hierarchy systems needs to be addressed (i.e. there shouldn't be a new version of God appearing every month !!!!!!!!! )

Sentry, T.Bolts, Astonishing, and the New Avengers, are all interesting titles !

Jose123
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
616 needs a 'crisis' of sorts to restore its continuity and relinquish the number of characters .... there are too many teams and to much 'dead wood' .... i thought House of M was going to solve this problem

The following titles need a make over, IMO

FF4
All the x-men titles except Astonishing
Spider man needs to be reduced in number of books
Cosmic powers need to be more well 'defined' and their hierarchy systems needs to be addressed (i.e. there shouldn't be a new version of God appearing every month !!!!!!!!! )

Sentry, T.Bolts, Astonishing, and the New Avengers, are all interesting titles !

F4=never read it so i can't comment.
Spider-man=never going to happen it' marvel cash cow. Besides MK AMS,FN.,New avengers,and a few guest appearances isn't as much as what Batman and Superman are in every month.
Cosmic powers? There is the one above all and what else? If you mean guys like eternity and galactus then I think there pretty clearly defined. if you mean different beings destroying and restoring the universe then yeah thats getting on my nerves as well.
X-men= it'ss been less than three months. give it time. Lets see how long and the full effects of the first Makeover last before asking for another makeover.

Marvel really doesn't really need a crisis to fix their continuity like DC did with all its Earth1 and 2 crap. Besides I'd hate to see all that history erased. And killing off and erasing charecters from history just seems like lazy writing and a waste of a lot of god potential.

Any c list hero if given the right writer can be good. Look at Madrox .
Not all of them are Deadwood. or like the ones on T-bolts. Many fans or writers would have considered them deadwood. But look at them now.

Piedmon
NO. NO MORE RE-BOOTS. NOT NEVER NO HOW. >_<

Seriously, to Marvel, just run the story. Don't second guess yourself all the time or you'll fall between two stools of trying to do something new and trying to please a group of fans firmly entrenched in the past.

Scrapping it all and trying to start back from Square 1? Never works. The old stories always creep back in.... just look at what DC's doing right now. Pre-Crisis Superman is literally back trying to demolish the Post-Crisis Universe. The past always comes back, because there's always someone who wants to see that "deadwood" or is attached to a particular era of a character, and it creates such a mess when you say "OK, we're rewinding back to Issue One and starting it all over!" but you try to please those people too (and we know, inevitably, that you will.)

I'm aware that last sentence was way too long, but I hope you get my point.

manjaro
to me Ulitmate U is shaping up real neatly nowadays and 616 is becoming very stagnant, i dont like the way that 616 has to have some big "event" every two secs. to justify its existence. I mean c'mon.. you can only turn a characters life upside down so many times. I have lost count how many times some big event is on the horizan in 616 and its followed up by the dreaded "......that will change life forever." big grin

the advantage that UU has is that the ppl seem more down to Earth and some of the stories look like it could happen in real life. I mean that its not too fantastic like back in the day when the Xmen, avengers and FF were always having adventures with subterrainean races(usually talking bugs, or reptiles), and single handledy thwarting global threats. one time i read in interview where a UU writer(could have been Bendis) said that the reason he likes it so much is becuase its so mechanical in nature...if you see someone's costume they show every stitch, or every rivet (if its armor). which is why I like it too, you know, as opposed to spandex and wrestling bootsbig grin. also what i really like most of all everything is conveyed as if it could be achieveed by "real world physics".

writers can start from scratch with a charcter and desregard everything we've known about them preiviously. the other thing is bcuz all these ppl are being slowly added writers can get more creative and take more time to think about it and just say f **** it lets do whatever we want, while if they were doing 616 all they could do is reimagine them a little so as not to destroy the mythos of already established characters but still work them in a way so that they can look cool for these times. So its Ultimate all the way for me

willRules
Originally posted by manjaro
the advantage that UU has is that the ppl seem more down to Earth and some of the stories look like it could happen in real life. I mean that its not too fantastic like back in the day when the Xmen, avengers and FF were always having adventures with subterrainean races(usually talking bugs, or reptiles), and single handledy thwarting global threats. one time i read in interview where a UU writer(could have been Bendis) said that the reason he likes it so much is becuase its so mechanical in nature...if you see someone's costume they show every stitch, or every rivet (if its armor). which is why I like it too, you know, as opposed to spandex and wrestling bootsbig grin. also what i really like most of all everything is conveyed as if it could be achieveed by "real world physics".

I agree yes

Psycho Ninja
Actually, most people like more realistic comics......

(Thats why western comics lost to japaneese manga)

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by Psycho Ninja
Actually, most people like more realistic comics......

(Thats why western comics lost to japaneese manga)

Yes, because it's very realistic how everybody and their dogs are half-demons or some crap like that roll eyes (sarcastic)

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Dark Urizen
Yes, because it's very realistic how everybody and their dogs are half-demons or some crap like that roll eyes (sarcastic)

And you can eventually learn to blow up the earth with your 'spiritaul energy' if you go to yoga practice evrey week !!!!!!!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by manjaro
to me Ulitmate U is shaping up real neatly nowadays and 616 is becoming very stagnant, i dont like the way that 616 has to have some big "event" every two secs. to justify its existence. I mean c'mon.. you can only turn a characters life upside down so many times. I have lost count how many times some big event is on the horizan in 616 and its followed up by the dreaded "......that will change life forever." big grin

writers can start from scratch with a charcter and desregard everything we've known about them preiviously. the other thing is bcuz all these ppl are being slowly added writers can get more creative and take more time to think about it and just say f **** it lets do whatever we want, while if they were doing 616 all they could do is reimagine them a little so as not to destroy the mythos of already established characters but still work them in a way so that they can look cool for these times. So its Ultimate all the way for me

Like usual very good post !!!!!!!!!!!!!

'also what i really like most of all everything is conveyed as if it could be achieveed by "real world physics". '

Yeah i, mean Galactus is attacking the earth with an evolved version of the ibolla virus. It makes a change from brightly coloured energy beams, doesn't it ? smile

roughrider
Looking at the pages from The Ultimates, I get the feeling if The Avengers were made into a movie, this is what they would look like. The look of the outfits and costumes feels real.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by roughrider
Looking at the pages from The Ultimates, I get the feeling if The Avengers were made into a movie, this is what they would look like. The look of the outfits and costumes feels real.

And I love the "modern world" attitudes in Ultimate universe--if you wanna call it that. No more, "I shall save the damsel in distress!"

Now, it's, "Mother f$*%&^! I'll kill you for this!"

Such wonderous emotions. droolio

willRules
and they have some great lines;

Evil Alien Nazi "You really haven't learnt anything since 1945 have you?"

Ultimate cap then impales him on the fighter jet he is in.

Ultimate cap : "I learnt how to fly a tornado IDS, idiot."

H. S. 6
Originally posted by willRules
and they have some great lines;

Evil Alien Nazi "You really haven't learnt anything since 1945 have you?"

Ultimate cap then impales him on the fighter jet he is in.

Ultimate cap : "I learnt how to fly a tornado IDS, idiot."

yes

Or:

Ult. Cap: "Surrender? You think this letter on my head stands for FRANCE?!"

That one was priceless. big grin

Jose123
Originally posted by H. S. 6
yes

Or:

Ult. Cap: "Surrender? You think this letter on my head stands for France?!"

That one was priceless. big grin

I hate that ****ing line. You do know it was meant as an insult to the U.S Gov and Republicans right? Not that I mind insulting republicans I just hate it when someone tries to shove his political beliefs in the comics he writes. I hate the way cap is written in the ultimate U.

And the France jokes are really starting to get tired. they were hardily funny the first 1100901010 times.

roughrider
Originally posted by Jose123
I hate that ****ing line. You do know it was meant as an insult to the U.S Gov and Republicans right? Not that I mind insulting republicans I just hate it when someone tries to shove his political beliefs in the comics he writes. I hate the way cap is written in the ultimate U.

And the France jokes are really starting to get tired. they were hardily funny the first 1100901010 times.

At least we haven't seen the Surrender Monkey for a long time! stick out tongue Pretty bad, with the french shirt and all...

Another great line from Cap, about how they will stop the rampaging Hulk:

"We just hit him until he drops." thumb up

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Jose123

Oh, relax. The writer was poking fun at the French, while dropping in a political hint. So sue him.

I thought it was hilarious.

willRules
There are some other great lines from people like Black widow.........

Black Widow to Hawkeye : "Im as cool as a cucember darling"

Black Widow talking to Iron-man : "Tony if anything happens I want to thank you for that pre mission stress relief we shared in the toilets."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.