Dissertation Help

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil bitchiness
Hello all.

I was wondering if you could offer me some help with the cigarette (anti or pro) advertisment pictures.

I would like to have some good ones to present for my Dissertation Presentation, for theathrical purposes.

If you could post any pictures which are anti or even better pro-smoking advertising, that would be of a lot of help.

Im posting this here, as opposed to OTF because I really would not like my thread clogged with random meaningless crap.

Thanks happy

Capt_Fantastic
Pro or con? I leave that up to you...

Capt_Fantastic
Love this one

Storm

lil bitchiness
Thats an excellent one! And it has no warning on it!

Thank you guys!

Capt_Fantastic
think about it

Capt_Fantastic
or, you could just use my avatar. I'm holding a cigarette in it.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
think about it
I love that one.

you know, I seem to remember when I was a kid, that there were candy cigarettes - they even looked like the real thing. I loved those!

darkjedi132
my friend got me some candy cigerets from Rome, thr the same as they were before, brings bak memories

PVS
oooh!! there's a great one, but its not a picture.
if by any chance you will be incorporating multimedia into
your disertation, there is a really creepy flintstones winston
commercial. if you would like, ill send the link

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by PVS
oooh!! there's a great one, but its not a picture.
if by any chance you will be incorporating multimedia into
your disertation, there is a really creepy flintstones winston
commercial. if you would like, ill send the link

Yes Please! That would be great!
Its all about the apperance - so media, sounds, pics - all welcome.

PVS
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flintston.html

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by PVS
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flintston.html

That is pure gold! PVS, you have outdone yourself in the...er...''information sercahing''

Thank you so much, this is great!! hug

PVS
n/p wink

Wonderer
Sorry, I'm trying to quit smoking, so I don't want to be pre-occupied with the stuff.

As a Buddhist, smoking, or any other addiction (physical or mental) is an attachment that generates extremely bad karma, leading to suffering.

Wonderer
Ok, here's a link to a brilliant one: http://www.cybersalt.org/cleanlaugh/images/05/signcigaroach.htm

Syren
yes That is good, and well done for trying to quit thumb up

Wonderer
An advert: http://www.bofunk.com/video/1469/cigarette_sex.html

Wonderer
Originally posted by Syren
yes That is good, and well done for trying to quit thumb up

Thanks. It's one of the hardest things, if not the hardest, I've ever attempted.

Wonderer
smokin'

Syren
I'm not sure if this is relevant Milla, as you seem to want smoking adverts, but I found this and it's a defence statement from a cigarette company against the EPA with regard to second-hand smoke. It's an advert, but sort of a public statement more than a selling effort. I thought it represented the bias of cigarette companies, no matter how they defend their position it will always appear that they're simply trying to save their company, whatever the consequences.

Wonderer
Ronald Regan...wow, to think that in those days they actually advertised it as if it were healthy!
smokin'

Syren
No warning on this one;

Wonderer
Another Ronald Regan...

Syren
I figured I might as well just give you the link happy

20th Century Tobacco Advertisement Collection

Then you can scroll through, you know what you're looking for and I can see this thread becoming clogged with pictures that aren't suitable wink

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Syren
I'm not sure if this is relevant Milla, as you seem to want smoking adverts, but I found this and it's a defence statement from a cigarette company against the EPA with regard to second-hand smoke. It's an advert, but sort of a public statement more than a selling effort. I thought it represented the bias of cigarette companies, no matter how they defend their position it will always appear that they're simply trying to save their company, whatever the consequences.

Wow, this is more than relevant. Thank you so much! I missed your helpfullness !
Thank you both. Ronald Regan one is creepy - talk about ultra advertising messed

Syren
embarrasment You make-a me blush laughing out loud

Try that site, it's where I got the statement from and it's got loads of pages full of cigarette ads.

silver_tears
I've no clue if this helps you but hey smile

silver_tears

jaden101
i remember seeing an anti smoking ad on tarrert on tv that showed a girl standing in the woods, smoking...the camera panned behind a tree and when you saw the girl again she was totally deformed and black as if she had been burned...the tag line was "would you still do it if it did to the outside what it does to the inside"

i have to say it was one of the most horrifying ads i've seen

PVS
i find most anti smoking ads to be patronising and annoying.

i would ignore them and focus on the actions of tobacco companies, rather than anti smoking campaigns

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.