I could've grew up in Canada!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blue Dragon
I've known this for ages but thought I'd tell you lot. I wouldn't have known about Britain, I wasn't born yet...but does that mean I might not have been born at all because my mum would have had me with most likely a Canadain man...? blink

It was when my Grandma was quite young & I think one of her brothers was moving to Canada but she chose to stay here in this boring old village which isn't good for anything.

I want to go to Canada, looks fantastic! When I got the money I'm going on holiday there. yes So anyone's guess right now is that maybe ~Da Moose~ is a long lost cousin or something... blink

Alpha Centauri
Hence why patriotism is horsecrap. Where you're born is out of your control.

-AC

Blue Dragon
Yeah but even my mum wasn't born at the time so...we would've had different parents. If I was born over there I most likely would have been half Canadain.

DarkC
I was born in China, but I would've much rather been born in Canada.

GCG
Nobody seems to be happy where they are born. All I hear is complaints for homeland and praise for the foreign lands they visit or have some know about.

Blue Dragon
You're there now though Dark. smile

Bloigen
Penguin dude: I was born in the Antarctica but I would rather have been born in the Galapagos islands.

Bloigen: I was actaully born in Scotland. And I wouldn't swap that for anything.

DarkC
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
You're there now though Dark. smile
So I am! And what a wonderful place it is. big grin

Koala MeatPie
God I'm glade you wern't born here... Stay in Brittan! stick out tongue

*lizziekk*
i live in and was born in britain.... its good there.

silver_tears
I was born in Europe, but I think Canada's my home.

Storm
Nationality is merely a filter through which we see the world and each other.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

Lana
Originally posted by silver_tears
I was born in Europe, but I think Canada's my home.

You were? I didn't know that.

I was born in the US and lived here my whole life.

KENobi™
USA, born and raised.

Never been outside of the country.

Lady Fi
I could have been born in Canada too!! eek! ...if my parents had moved there instead of staying in England. blink Oh my God....it's amazing..maybe we're long lost sisters or something...happy

roll eyes (sarcastic) ...and it's grown...not grew....yes

El_NINO
I was born in Honduras and raised in Toronto, Canada. Been to 5 states in the us, been to Costa Rica and Cuba (only at the airport though) stick out tongue

Storm
I was born and raised in Belgium. I' ve visited the Netherlands, France, Germany, the UK, Italy, Spain, Greece and the USA.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

Lana

GCG

~Da Moose~
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
I've known this for ages but thought I'd tell you lot. I wouldn't have known about Britain, I wasn't born yet...but does that mean I might not have been born at all because my mum would have had me with most likely a Canadain man...? blink

It was when my Grandma was quite young & I think one of her brothers was moving to Canada but she chose to stay here in this boring old village which isn't good for anything.

I want to go to Canada, looks fantastic! When I got the money I'm going on holiday there. yes So anyone's guess right now is that maybe ~Da Moose~ is a long lost cousin or something... blink

Hmm....Nope, don't remember having any Dragons in the family... no Of course, I haven't met all of my mother's side, and Gah....if what I have met is any indication of whats lurking in the shadows, it might be entirely possible. wink

~Da Moose~

KENobi™
Originally posted by GCG
Never left the country ? Not even for holiday ?

You see...there's a thing called...not everyone has the kind of money it takes to fly the family out of the country. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lady Fi
Ryanair!! eek! ..takes me to Ireland twice a year nice and cheaply yes ...except I don't know if they do America...

Lana
It's pretty expensive to fly...when I went to England it cost $580 and that was cheap.

Storm

GCG

KharmaDog
Originally posted by GCG
Nobody seems to be happy where they are born. All I hear is complaints for homeland and praise for the foreign lands they visit or have some know about.

I was born in Canada and I love it here. I have lived ,or spent a significant amount time in, every prvince or territory and I think Canada is a fantastic country made up of some of the most beautiful land in the world with some of the greatest people.

I have been lucky enough to have travelled extensively through the U.S. and central america as well as through Europe, SE Asia, and a few other countries, and although each has their good points, I am always happy to return to Canada.

GCG
Finally ! An optimist !

But isnt Canada a bit too cold?

a1hsauce
I dunno if I could handle living in Canada

silver_tears
I don't get this whole preconceived notion that Canada is covered in ice and it's perma-winter here. When I was in Buffalo a year ago, it was colder there than it was in Toronto that whole week. blink

DarkC
Originally posted by GCG
Finally ! An optimist !

But isnt Canada a bit too cold?
No, you get used to it. Especially since Mr. Global Warming's lightening it up considerably.

LethalFemme
if i moved to canada id never gor to use my bathing suit sad

silver_tears
Like for example this whole week it's been like 8-10 degrees blink

DarkC
Originally posted by LethalFemme
if i moved to canada id never gor to use my bathing suit sad
Oh, you will. Trust me when I say that.

LethalFemme
Originally posted by DarkC
Oh, you will. Trust me when I say that.

how would you know?eek!

Mišt
Like for example this whole week it's been like 8-10 degrees blink

Is that cold or what for you by normal weather standards?

DarkC
how would you know?eek!
Because I live there. stick out tongue

a1hsauce
I prefer Southern California 80 degree consistancy yes

LethalFemme
Because I live there. stick out tongue

so you would track me down and make me wear my bathing suit?fear

DarkC
so you would track me down and make me wear my bathing suit?fear
Nah, I'd accompany you to my backyard with two lawn chairs.

silver_tears

LethalFemme
Nah, I'd accompany you to my backyard with two lawn chairs.

you have a pool? eek!

DarkC
you have a pool? eek!
F*ck no!

LethalFemme
F*ck no!

then why would we go to your backyard? lol

DarkC
then why would we go to your backyard? lol
Sunbathe, of course.

LethalFemme
Sunbathe, of course.

in canada? i dont tan though lol

DarkC
in canada? i dont tan though lol
Yes, in Canada!

So what would you have us doing, eh? messed

LethalFemme
Yes, in Canada!

So what would you have us doing, eh? messed

never knew that lol

idk you said out back i thought you had a pool lol

Mišt
That's extremely warm for us in January. It usually only hits that warmth around March and so. And I mean celsius by the way.

Wow, thats probably the coldest it gets here in the middle of winter laughing out loud

DarkC
never knew that lol

idk you said out back i thought you had a pool lol
Oh come on!

No one I know knows anyone that has a backyard pool. We could always go to the public pool, I guess.

Mišt
Duuude....*shakes head sadly*

LethalFemme

DarkC
"i guess" = no.

Okay.....so, what would you rather be doing?

LethalFemme
"i guess" = no.

Okay.....so, what would you rather be doing?

idk ive never been to canada what do you do?

KharmaDog
O.K. do people realize that canada's most southern point is lower than california's most northern point?

We just don't have one season (winter). It can get down right hot here in the summer and fall is gorgeous.

DarkC
idk ive never been to canada what do you do?
What you do everywhere else! Damn it, Canada is not like, on the other side of the world, where forms of entertainment are alien.

LethalFemme
What you do everywhere else! Damn it, Canada is not like, on the other side of the world, where forms of entertainment are alien.

i know silly i meant what sights are there to see and stuff? lol

DarkC
i know silly i meant what sights are there to see and stuff? lol
In Calgary, where I live: Lots. The Calgary Tower, Calgary Zoo, the Pengrowth Saddledome, Canada Olympic Park, plus your usual assortment of movies, malls, and whatnot.

LethalFemme
In Calgary, where I live: Lots. The Calgary Tower, Calgary Zoo, the Pengrowth Saddledome, Canada Olympic Park, plus your usual assortment of movies, malls, and whatnot.

okay let's go to the zoo happy

DarkC
okay let's go to the zoo happy
Gee, I'm not keen on the monkey shit fights. messed

LethalFemme
Gee, I'm not keen on the monkey shit fights. messed

wow its a good thing im leaving then lol bye

DarkC
wow its a good thing im leaving then lol bye
laughing Okay. Have fun.

Blue Dragon
Whoa haven't you two had a smashing conversation? stick out tongue Took up nearly two pages, wow! Oh, why did my Grandma pick to stay here in this boring old village? There's nothing to do here.

Canada looks so beautiful & pleasent... happy Moutains, lakes & beautful scenery. Makes a change from old British life; a cup of tea & a biscuit watching Coronation Street. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.