mistake by JK??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sasee tiin
don't you agree with me, that the death of DD was kind of a mistake??
to me it felt "forced," and i don't think it happened "naturally"

I mean, anyway how it is explained in book 7, there will be many unanswered questions. such as why DD repetadly made sacrifices for harry, which made himself weaker, when he could saved both???

as in the cave, why did DD drink the potion? to me it seemed like he had to, because JK then could later kill him off easily. DD knew the potion would not kill the drinker, he could with ease protected harry after drinking the potion, he could have defeated all the death eaters, (including snape if he really is bad) and then healed harry.

again, the loss of his wand also seemed forced, as he easily could have taken malfoy( or any other who he might have thought would come) even though he was weak. additionally, there wa no nned to paralyze harry, as DD know that harry knows how to fight.

the death cannot have been totally staged, as DD did not know of the death eaters....

Professor N
I dont think you can call this a mistake or say it felt forced.

its clear that book seven will tie up all the loose ends in the series.
including whether dd knew that snape was gonna kill him, where snapes loyalties lie, why he has such faith in harry and his abilities, why he froze harry instead of defending himself.

its clear that little or nothing gets past DD, and whether he is really dead or not the final book will show just how powerful a charcater he is/was, as well as make it clear why he risks everything for harry ...etc

sasee tiin
dd couldn't possibly know that snape would kill him at that point, as he didn't knew about the death eaters in the school.

IMO it felt forced, i don't think the eventual explanations will be logical, but time will show.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.