The Violator (from MacFarland's "Spawn") vs. Pennywise (From Stephen King's "It"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlaqChaos
Two killer clown-demons. Which one reigns supreme?

Spawnrules
this is too tough to decide

Spawnrules
oh dark urizen im sorry if i offended spawn you see back when you werent here everyone hated spawn so i trieed making them like him but they still went againest i didnt get any scans for my respect thread for because i dont have pics of him i tried looking everywhere and i dont even have a scanner, right now i want the new issue 152

K Von Doom
Who's MacFarland?

FG725
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Who's MacFarland? spawns creator oh and what mode is pennywise in spider or clown

jasofisc
this would be cool to see even though violator would rip him apart.

I've often wondered if MacFarland got the idea of clown from "IT"

Dark Urizen
It's McFarlane, with an E. And no, he didn't get the idea from It. They don't even look the same for Christ's sake. Anyway, Violator would win so fast it's not even funny. Not taking into consideration his superstrength, or his regeneration which is basically on par with Spawn's (which is one of the best in comics), or his Hellfire breath that seems to be pretty much unbeatable, but he's also an archdemon that nearly took over Hell. So yep.....i think i know who wins smile

jasofisc
hey I just thought that since both are demons poseing as clowns that their might be some connection.

DrDoom101
Violator beats the living shit out of It.

Spawnrules
Originally posted by Dark Urizen
It's McFarlane, with an E. And no, he didn't get the idea from It. They don't even look the same for Christ's sake. Anyway, Violator would win so fast it's not even funny. Not taking into consideration his superstrength, or his regeneration which is basically on par with Spawn's (which is one of the best in comics), or his Hellfire breath that seems to be pretty much unbeatable, but he's also an archdemon that nearly took over Hell. So yep.....i think i know who wins smile

so do you for give me

id369
I still have nighmares over that stupid clown from the it.

But Violator would win seeing how a stupid sling shot killed him.

FG725
Originally posted by jasofisc
hey I just thought that since both are demons poseing as clowns that their might be some connection.
pennywise is a spider disguised as a clown smart stuff
and considering that one is a super powered demon and the other is an overlarged spider who was killed with a rock im gonna have to go with the demon it was close though and i doubt that pennywise is going to scare a demon who has seen satan himself not much scarier than that

FG725
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Who's MacFarland?
im pretty sure that guy is the creator of family guy lol its as dark Urizen said McFarlane here is his site
www.spawn.com

jasofisc
I don't know of any spiders that have avatars that kill little kids but hey maybe i'm wrong I was pretty just the thing was demonic or supernatural in some since. but hey if you say it just some spider then who am I to disagree. by the way I agree that violator would rip him apart literaly.

King_Mungi
Been awhile since I read It, but wasn't Pennywise a alien?

FG725
he is just a giant spider not my fault that King is a *** who cant write a proper ending

Mider
IT isnt a comic is it?

jasofisc
that's wierd how pennywise was just a spider. does king ever explain how the spider was able to kill people using the clown avatar.

hoorayforpeepee
it's supernatural. behaviorly, IT is very similar to the crimson king. i think he may have been a manifestation. if you've read later in to the dark tower, the crimson king's son has only a fraction of his power. his son is also said to be the most powerful psychic in the universe, giving him more power than a child who leveled an entire castle/factory telekinetically.

just something to consider.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Been awhile since I read It, but wasn't Pennywise a alien?

Not exactly. It was an extra-dimensional life form which could not be perceived in its natural state by most humans. Children could perceive it as images derived from what frightened them.

The spider was a manifestation It assumed in order to feed.

"I was pretty just the thing was demonic or supernatural in some"

That's correct. Remember It can be harmed by silver.

hoorayforpeepee
IT can only be harmed by silver if the wielder believes it will be. It was very heavily implied that the losers club was somehow supernatural, and their uniquely strong imaginations were the only way to harm it. How would Violator harm it...and moreover, what is Violator most afraid of?

IT's nemesis vomited up the universe whole, that's some power.

FG725
Pennywise from what i can see only takes form of the persons fear but can he actually use that power?
But i dont think that he would have to much trouble beating pennywise because isnt it whatever you believe can hurt him will and they believed he could be beaten with silver rocks like the werewolf but they had to kill him twice how did he come back? Did it ever explain that? If the violator thinks that his power is stronger wont it be stronger?

PVS
it was not harmed because it was silver, but rather because it was a projectile shot into its delicate vital area.

the reason the clown "died" was because the kids stood up to it.
thats why the "battery acid" a.k.a. asthma breather also harmed it.
they were battling a telepathic projection of their fears, so once they
did not fear it, it was powerless. the actual incarnation of 'it', however was not, as we see the "battery acid" had no effect and the silver bounced off its head.

so really there are only two possible battlefieds:

1-it attacks violator through telepathic projection, upon which violator would probably laugh in his face---stalemate

2-violator goes to it's lair and attacks the physical incarnation, killing it instantly

however, there is the unlikely: that the physical it's 'dead lights' would have the same hyponotic effect on violator, upon which it might stand a chance of winning.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.