Cannonball vs Superman vs Captain Marvel/DC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Cannonball-Cannonball has the mutant ability to generate a "blast field," which he can use to propel himself and others at great heights and speeds with considerably maneuverability. While in his blast field, he is completely invulnerable to physical harm, allowing him like his namesake, to cause significant damage and destruction as kinetic projectile. He has also learned how to channel this energy into his ability to deliver powerful punches into objects. His power levels have varied over the years - but at his peak, he has been able to defeat Shi'ar Imperial Guardsman, Gladiator and devastate several city blocks by plummetting to the ground from high altitude

vs

Superman-Flight, invulnerability, super-strength, super-speed in running and flight, super-breath and lung capacity (including freeze breath), super-hearing, vision powers including x-ray vision, heat vision, telescopic vision and microscopic vision, as well as other sensory powers, and super-intellect

vs

Captain Marvel-Magically bestowed aspects of various mythological figures which includes vast super strength, invulnerability, super-speed, flight, fearlessness, and vast wisdom/enhanced mental perception.

jasofisc
is this a spite thread

DrDoom101
Originally posted by golem370
Cannonball-Cannonball has the mutant ability to generate a "blast field," which he can use to propel himself and others at great heights and speeds with considerably maneuverability. While in his blast field, he is completely invulnerable to physical harm, allowing him like his namesake, to cause significant damage and destruction as kinetic projectile. He has also learned how to channel this energy into his ability to deliver powerful punches into objects. His power levels have varied over the years - but at his peak, he has been able to defeat Shi'ar Imperial Guardsman, Gladiator and devastate several city blocks by plummetting to the ground from high altitude

vs

Superman-Flight, invulnerability, super-strength, super-speed in running and flight, super-breath and lung capacity (including freeze breath), super-hearing, vision powers including x-ray vision, heat vision, telescopic vision and microscopic vision, as well as other sensory powers, and super-intellect

vs

Captain Marvel-Magically bestowed aspects of various mythological figures which includes vast super strength, invulnerability, super-speed, flight, fearlessness, and vast wisdom/enhanced mental perception. Damn, the stupid thing about making three-way fights are that any one of them can win the battle. So stop making three-way duels.

carver9
cannonball wins. He does have the ability to absorb kinetic energy and that all that the other two dish out.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by carver9
cannonball wins. He does have the ability to absorb kinetic energy and that all that the other two dish out. The problem is that either of the other two combatants can speed blitz him before he gets his shield up. Then he's screwed.

Badabing
It comes down to Billy or Clark.

carver9
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
The problem is that either of the other two combatants can speed blitz him before he gets his shield up. Then he's screwed.

Well in this fight I was thinking that he already had his shield up. Why make a thread without the other person using his powers. Cannonball with his shield up would beat any one of these combatants. Lets put it like this, whatever superman or cap hits him with, he will send it back to them ten fold. He can put a shield over them and trap them. Put a shield over superman and since superman cant breath under water dip him in the water and let a lot in and drown the man of steal (even though its going to take some hours). Cannonball shield is indestructible, so once over superman he isnt breaking out of it. The best thing for cannonball to do is let them punch on him all day and absorb all the energy that he can and one hit both of them with there own power.

guy222
Originally posted by General Kon-El
Damn, the stupid thing about making three-way fights are that any one of them can win the battle. So stop making three-way duels.

Golem makes great threads

CasanoVa
No he doesn't no expression

guy222
Originally posted by golem370

vs

vs

Captain Marvel-Magically bestowed aspects of various mythological figures which includes vast super strength, invulnerability, super-speed, flight, fearlessness, and vast wisdom/enhanced mental perception.

sam ftw

guy222
Originally posted by CasanoVa
No he doesn't no expression

In your opinion. I like em

CasanoVa
Originally posted by guy222
In your opinion. I like em

Yes, but in your opinion Cannonball beats Superman & Captain Marvel at the same time.

Shows how much that is worth smile

Captain Marvel 6/10
Superman 4/10
Cannonball 0/10

carver9
Read and learn.
Sam can be truly unstoppable.
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=80

carver9
sam 6/10
capt 2/10
superman 2/10

Validus
Originally posted by guy222
Golem makes great threads
ermmnone

Juntai
Superman or Captain Marvel.

WorldWarHulk
Read and learn.
Sam can be truly unstoppable.
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=80 I wonder what would happen if Superman's bio was brought out...

carver9
tell me how superman is beating cannonball. Give me a way that he can get past the fact that everything that he do to cannonball will be absorbed since cannonball absorbs kinetic energy. Dont say his punches because gladiator hit cannonball with a punch that was said to send him in the heart of the sun and stood there and absorbed the entire blow. Heat vision will get absorbed. Ice breath will make him stronger and also get absorbed and dont even have an effect on cannonball. What else is there for superman to do. Nothing. Do you know the definition of kinetic energy.

Validus
Originally posted by WorldWarHulk
I wonder what would happen if Superman's bio was brought out...
A long ass post telling us the bio is bullshit? ermmhappy

Validus
tell me how superman is beating cannonball. Give me a way that he can get past the fact that everything that he do to cannonball will be absorbed since cannonball absorbs kinetic energy. Dont say his punches because gladiator hit cannonball with a punch that was said to send him in the heart of the sun and stood there and absorbed the entire blow. Heat vision will get absorbed. Ice breath will make him stronger and also get absorbed and dont even have an effect on cannonball. What else is there for superman to do. Nothing. Do you know the definition of kinetic energy.
T-Vo haermm

carver9
I wonder what would happen if Superman's bio was brought out...

Nothing because theres nothing in his bio that would matter against a cannonball that knows how to use his powers. All of superman powers are useless against him. Cannonball did stalemate the fury for a while. Fury>>>superman.

carver9
Originally posted by Validus
T-Vo haermm

laughing Happy Dance

WorldWarHulk
tell me how superman is beating cannonball. Give me a way that he can get past the fact that everything that he do to cannonball will be absorbed since cannonball absorbs kinetic energy. Dont say his punches because gladiator hit cannonball with a punch that was said to send him in the heart of the sun and stood there and absorbed the entire blow. Heat vision will get absorbed. Ice breath will make him stronger and also get absorbed and dont even have an effect on cannonball. What else is there for superman to do. Nothing. Do you know the definition of kinetic energy. First off... you tell me how Canonball is beating Superman, since his strength doesn't go up or down, based on confidence.
Then I will tell you, since you know, Canonball has nothing really to his credit minus a pis-like feat.

Juntai
It's OK, he also said regular Thor takes Superman 9/10.
And that Juggs can beat Black Adam. Because Black Adam 'can't do anything to him.'
And now that Canonball can own Superman. because Supes 'can't do anything to him'.

Validus
Nothing because theres nothing in his bio that would matter against a cannonball that knows how to use his powers. All of superman powers are useless against him. Cannonball did stalemate the fury for a while. Fury>>>superman.
Would you like to have a feat war of Canonnball Vs Superman? ermmhappy

Brian Oswald
Cannonball is a really cool character but being way way way overhyped here no expression

WorldWarHulk
Originally posted by Juntai
And that Juggs can beat Black Adam. Because Black Adam 'can't do anything to him.'
And now that Canonball can own Superman. because Supes 'can't do anything to him'. I bet Spider-Man can beat Superman now...

carver9
And now that Canonball can own Superman. because Supes 'can't do anything to him'.

Im not the only one who thinks that thor could beat superman but i was just playing about the 9/10 trying to make someone mad that i was arguing against but to me thor gets the majority.

Tell me how black adam is going to beat jugs with the rule of bfring out. You cant

carver9
Would you like to have a feat war of Canonnball Vs Superman? ermmhappy

naaah because cannonball isnt marvel base character like superman and almost everything about superman is either pis or cis. Now some feats I can give him credit for but there some that makes you say mmmmmmmmm, how in the hell did he do that. If superman is written by dc he could beat the beyonder if there was a crossover, so you showing me his feats dont mean nothing. You can show me that feat where wonderwoman beat the hell out of him during the max lord saga and cut his throat with her tiara and claimed that she was holding back while superman was giving it his all.

carver9
First off... you tell me how Canonball is beating Superman, since his strength doesn't go up or down, based on confidence.
Then I will tell you, since you know, Canonball has nothing really to his credit minus a pis-like feat.

1st thing when gladiator punched cannonball his confidence was up to the extreme, why would he need to lose confidence by punching cannonball. Cannonball took a punch that gladiator also used to crush a planet and just stood there and absorbed it. Cannonball can just simply absorb superman punches and send it back to him. Just that easy. You still didnt give me a way that superman can beat cannonball if everything that he does gets absorbed.

Brian Oswald
tell me how superman is beating cannonball. Give me a way that he can get past the fact that everything that he do to cannonball will be absorbed since cannonball absorbs kinetic energy. Dont say his punches because gladiator hit cannonball with a punch that was said to send him in the heart of the sun and stood there and absorbed the entire blow. Heat vision will get absorbed. Ice breath will make him stronger and also get absorbed and dont even have an effect on cannonball. What else is there for superman to do. Nothing. Do you know the definition of kinetic energy. I believe that one punch from Colossus has knocked Sam off his track and sent him flying into a wall.

Juntai
Translation: "Marvel characters will always win, because I don't like DC."

Brings up something like Gladiator losing to Canonball, and then says all of Superman's feats are PIS. lol.

Validus
naaah because cannonball isnt marvel base character like superman and almost everything about superman is either pis or cis. Now some feats I can give him credit for but there some that makes you say mmmmmmmmm, how in the hell did he do that. If superman is written by dc he could beat the beyonder if there was a crossover, so you showing me his feats dont mean nothing. You can show me that feat where wonderwoman beat the hell out of him during the max lord saga and cut his throat with her tiara and claimed that she was holding back while superman was giving it his all.
So basically all of Superman's good feats don't count but his low showings do? Interesting logic there.

carver9
So basically all of Superman's good feats don't count but his low showings do? Interesting logic there.

Im not saying that. He has some showings that I agree with but some (like him one shotting despero.) I just dont agree with and is pis and cis.

carver9
Translation: "Marvel characters will always win, because I don't like DC."

Brings up something like Gladiator losing to Canonball, and then says all of Superman's feats are PIS. lol.

Im actually a fan of both and really dont have a favorite when it comes to both universe (dont like image though). Tell me how superman is beating cannonball when he has a impenetrable force field and can absorb your strongest punch and send it back to you.

WorldWarHulk
1st thing when gladiator punched cannonball his confidence was up to the extreme, why would he need to lose confidence by punching cannonball. Cannonball took a punch that gladiator also used to crush a planet and just stood there and absorbed it. Cannonball can just simply absorb superman punches and send it back to him. Just that easy. You still didnt give me a way that superman can beat cannonball if everything that he does gets absorbed. You base this off of one extreme feat for him... Hell... it even goes against Gladiator's history, and that's well... that's pathetic.
Anyway...

T-Vo, freeze his ass, snap his neck, grab and throw him into the sun, take him to the sun, etc, etc.

Juntai
So basically all of Superman's good feats don't count but his low showings do? Interesting logic there. Yeah, he writes his own canon, and in his canon, all DC characters suck and their only good feats are pis/cis. The low ones are the ones that count.

Anyway, I couldn't take the idiocy, and he went the way of xmeat and a few others - ignore list.

carver9
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
I believe that one punch from Colossus has knocked Sam off his track and sent him flying into a wall.

laughing

Your talking about young sam guthrie. If we're using that one then hell yeah superman wins. I can beat that cannonball.

I totally agree.

carver9
You base this off of one extreme feat for him... Hell... it even goes against Gladiator's history, and that's well... that's pathetic.
Anyway...

T-Vo, freeze his ass, snap his neck, grab and throw him into the sun, take him to the sun, etc, etc.

Read a bio on glads, it tells you that the guy can move planets.

When i see superman use tvo again then I will consider that a win for supes but the guy never uses that ability. I think that the writer was smoking something when he granted him that ability but superman has lost that.

WorldWarHulk
Read a bio on glads, it tells you that the guy can move planets.

When i see superman use tvo again then I will consider that a win for supes but the guy never uses that ability. I think that the writer was smoking something when he granted him that ability but superman has lost that. I don't read bios... I READ COMICS@!!!11

Also, what you just said, is what I just said... Canonball doing that to Glads, is smelly... so you answer something like that, by saying Glads can move planets?
What the f**k?

If Superman has never used T-Vo, then why exactly does he have this power...
i dunt gitt it! but its oundznleik supperman losez!
teh dc fansboys r going wildz!!!1
read a bio!
*gosh*

Validus
I don't read bios... I READ COMICS@!!!11
Wow. That's a pretty radical idea.

*throws Marvel handbook out the window*

Anyway, here's the reply I was typing in the Superman speed thread before Digi locked it (lol, I got owned sad ).

Here's Clark at the Daily Planet learning Lex has become the President elect. The Daily Planet happens to be located on Earth.

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/4995/supermanlexluthor200025nh3.th.jpg http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/633/supermanlexluthor200026pi9.th.jpg

Here's Superman four minutes later. It says 4 minutes in the caption.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5435/supermanlexluthor200028zr1.th.jpg

Here's Superman going to travel to a different star system. He gives a three hour time frame for his return.

http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=14ag2.jpg

Here's John Kent saying Clark was light-years away.

http://img255.imageshack.us/my.php?image=16ie5.jpg

guy222
Originally posted by CasanoVa
Yes, but in your opinion Cannonball beats Superman & Captain Marvel at the same time.

Shows how much that is worth smile

Captain Marvel 6/10
Superman 4/10
Cannonball 0/10

I voted for Sam. My reasoning is mine. Urs differ than mine. Its cool

guy222
ermmnone

Sam ftw

Validus
And here's the other one I mentioned.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/5568/untitledscanned02sg2.th.jpg

The entire Superman/Wonder Woman fight from Sacrifice including the part where he took her to the sun took place within 2 minutes.

Juntai
The very idea that he flies around through space and stars and stuff, traveling to distant places and galaxies just screams that he is ftls. Do you know how long it would take to get to another galaxy going at mach speed?

Validus
The very idea that he flies around through space and stars and stuff, traveling to distant places and galaxies just screams that he is ftls. Do you know how long it would take to get to another galaxy going at mach speed?
All that shit is PIS because it doesn't fit his idea of what Superman can do which is be Colossus with eye beams.

WorldWarHulk
The very idea that he flies around through space and stars and stuff, traveling to distant places and galaxies just screams that he is ftls. Do you know how long it would take to get to another galaxy going at mach speed? Yes, but Superman clearly only travels at the speed of sound.

Validus
Yes, but Superman clearly only travels at the speed of sound.
Clearly because this is what the DC Encyclopedia said.

Can't forget Brian Azzarello considering he's the definitive Superman writer of our time.

carver9
You do realize that in space your speed is jumped dramitacally due to the fact that space dont have gravity pulling you down. If you look at any speedster bio it will simply state that in space they travel faster. Every feat that you showed me, I kinda agreed with them due to the fact that this happened in space but on earth a different story. Ill be back with some examples.

Symmetric Chaos
If you look at any speedster bio it will simply state that in space they travel faster.

Flash dies in space without help.

And the reason for the apparent boost is simply that heroes prefer not to destroy citys when they fly by. It's a choice not a limitation.

carver9
Read this. Nova speed on earth is the speed of sound in space he goes faster than light.
http://www.marveldatabase.com/Nova_%28Richard_Rider%29

carver9
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

And the reason for the apparent boost is simply that heroes prefer not to destroy citys when they fly by. It's a choice not a limitation.

Prooved you wrong.

carver9

What does that have to do with what superman bio says for his speed.

Symmetric Chaos
Prooved you wrong.

Not really all you did was post a bio.

carver9
Not really all you did was post a bio.

No showed you that speed increase while in space. Do i need to show you another bio stating the same thing.

carver9
Nova speed is the speed of sound (thats it) the speed of sound but in space his speed increase 10 folds going the speed of light.

Symmetric Chaos
No. Because bios aren't evidence.

carver9
No. Because bios aren't evidence.

Read this again about there speed how it changes when theyre in space then on earth. Firelord can go the speed of light in space but on earth his speed changes a lot.

http://marveldatabase.com/Firelord_%28Pyreus_Kril%29

Symmetric Chaos
Because bios aren't evidence.

Magee
Speed of light is more like... a million "folds" compared to sound.

WorldWarHulk
Read this again about there speed how it changes when theyre in space then on earth. Firelord can go the speed of light in space but on earth his speed changes a lot.

http://marveldatabase.com/Firelord_%28Pyreus_Kril%29 So, in a black hole, the speed of sound would be like multiplied by a trillion?
Things also go faster in a black hole?

The more you know!

Validus
So the debate went from Superman can't go light speed to Superman can only go light speed in space? ermmnone

If I had known you use handbook logic, I probably wouldn't have bothered.

TricksterPriest
I can sum the intellectual content of most of this debate in one smilie: dur

Nuff said. stick out tongue

Symmetric Chaos
So, in a black hole, the speed of sound would be like multiplied by a trillion?
Things also go faster in a black hole?

The more you know!

What the f**k?

WorldWarHulk
What the f**k? Superman goes faster in space.
He can only go lightspeed in space, yet he escaped a double black hole.

Trying to figure out the logic involved in one of carver's posts.

WorldWarHulk
Double post.

Symmetric Chaos
Superman goes faster in space.

I was trying to figure out the logic in your post actually.

WorldWarHulk
I was trying to figure out the logic in your post actually. I know, amazing isn't it?

Symmetric Chaos
Not the first word I would have used actually. Impressive perhaps.

carver9
Superman goes faster in space.

What was the point of this post. I agree with you, superman could probably go light speed in space. I was referring to his speed on earth. Thats why I put up the 2 bios that shows how different people fly in the earths atmosphere than in space.

WorldWarHulk
What was the point of this post. I agree with you, superman could probably go light speed in space. I was referring to his speed on earth. Thats why I put up the 2 bios that shows how different people fly in the earths atmosphere than in space. Except, what you are completely ignoring is:

*Not even light can escape a black hole.

*A black hole's gravity is millions upon millions more powerful than Earth's.

*Superman escaped a double black hole...

Goes back to my previous point:

*Not even light can escape a blcak hole.

What you're telling me, is that Superman can escape a black hole's grasp, but he can't travel light speed?

Nevermind the fact, that he has to travel faster than light, in the black hole, to escape it, and he is fighting against it's pull.

That feat alone puts him above light speed without a question.

Unless of course, you have an example of something going to speed of sound (what Superman is supposedly on Earth), escaping a black hole... let alone a double black hole...

carver9
Except, what you are completely ignoring is:

*Not even light can escape a black hole.

*A black hole's gravity is millions upon millions more powerful than Earth's.

*Superman escaped a double black hole...

Goes back to my previous point:

*Not even light can escape a blcak hole.

What you're telling me, is that Superman can escape a black hole's grasp, but he can't travel light speed?

Nevermind the fact, that he has to travel faster than light, in the black hole, to escape it, and he is fighting against it's pull.

That feat alone puts him above light speed without a question.

Unless of course, you have an example of something going to speed of sound (what Superman is supposedly on Earth), escaping a black hole... let alone a double black hole...

confused

I can tell you dont get it so Im going to leave you alone. Im going to explain it one more time. Im not screaming so dont take it like that, Im just going to put it in caps so that you could see it. I AGREE WITH YOU THAT SUPERMAN DID A GOOD FEAT IN ESCAPING A BLACK HOLE, SINCE THIS FEAT WAS DONE IN SPACE AND HE GETS LIKE A MAJOR SPEED INCREASE. NOVA, FIRELORD,ETC.... MIGHT COULD DO THE SAME THING BUUUUUT WHEN THEY GET IN THE EARTHS ATMOSPHERE IT IS A DIFFERENT STORY, UNLESS YOUR TELLING ME THAT YOU DONT THINK THAT NOVA OR FIRELORD COULD ESCAPE A BLACKHOLE. Yes superman did a good feat and Im not fussing at you about it, terrax might could do the same thing and it also states that in space he could fly at the speed of light. Im going by superman earth feats and I havent seen anything that shows that he can go the speed of light, (WHILE ON EARTH, NOT IN SPACE). Lets put it like this superman speed in space>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>earth. Now do you get what Im saying.

WorldWarHulk
confused

I can tell you dont get it so Im going to leave you alone. Im going to explain it one more time. Im not screaming so dont take it like that, Im just going to put it in caps so that you could see it. I AGREE WITH YOU THAT SUPERMAN DID A GOOD FEAT IN ESCAPING A BLACK HOLE, SINCE THIS FEAT WAS DONE IN SPACE AND HE GETS LIKE A MAJOR SPEED INCREASE. NOVA, FIRELORD,ETC.... MIGHT COULD DO THE SAME THING BUUUUUT WHEN THEY GET IN THE EARTHS ATMOSPHERE IT IS A DIFFERENT STORY, UNLESS YOUR TELLING ME THAT YOU DONT THINK THAT NOVA OR FIRELORD COULD ESCAPE A BLACKHOLE. Yes superman did a good feat and Im not fussing at you about it, terrax might could do the same thing and it also states that in space he could fly at the speed of light. Im going by superman earth feats and I havent seen anything that shows that he can go the speed of light, (WHILE ON EARTH, NOT IN SPACE). Lets put it like this superman speed in space>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>earth. Now do you get what Im saying. What you fail to acknowledge is that this wasn't exactly in space...

Light can't even escape a black hole. Light can escape Earth.
Is Earth supposed to limit his speed so much, that he goes slower on Earth than in a black hole?

Earth's atomsphere is nothing compared to the pull of a black hole.

Hell, even following your shoddy logic, Space>>>etc Earth, and yet, a black hole swallows up planets, space, time, light, matter, everything, etc.
Black Hole >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Earth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Space.

Don't make me take out a bio.

carver9
What you fail to acknowledge is that this wasn't exactly in space...

Light can't even escape a black hole. Light can escape Earth.
Is Earth supposed to limit his speed so much, that he goes slower on Earth than in a black hole?

Earth's atomsphere is nothing compared to the pull of a black hole.

Hell, even following your shoddy logic, Space>>>etc Earth, and yet, a black hole swallows up planets, space, time, light, matter, etc.
Black Hole >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Earth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Space.

Don't make me take out a bio.

lol, I get what youre saying and that was a good post, you almost changed my mind until I thought about firelord flying inside of a blackhole and coming out without a problem.

WorldWarHulk
lol, I get what youre saying and that was a good post, you almost changed my mind until I thought about firelord flying inside of a blackhole and coming out without a problem. When exactly did Firelord ever state he had a problem with Earth's atomsphere?
I'm actually going to go and read that bio, to even see if it mentions this.

EDIT: I failed to see a mention of this anywhere...
I also fail to remember a time when Firelord had to, or tried to go fast on Earth, because I remember Surfer traveling just as fast on Earth.

Martian_mind
Billy or Clark.Ball shouldn't even be here..He never beat Gladiator,just knocked him into a building,plus he does have an energy limit,he used to have to just fly around till he ran out of gas until Cable trained him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.