Future of Warfare

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Inspectah Deck
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10805240/?GT1=7538

KidRock
Iv been hearing a lot about the laser systems on planes to shoot down missiles. I think it's great.

Inspectah Deck
Why so?

KidRock
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Why so?

Why do I like the idea of planes having lasers on them to help shoot down incoming missiles? Arent the reasons obvious?

Inspectah Deck
Yes

No

jaden101
the active denial systems were supposed to be getting deployed in iraq...anyone know if they were?

Inspectah Deck
Nah, I don't think so

Koala MeatPie
Thats The Star Wars Project... OOOOOOOOLD news.

Koala MeatPie
GAH this new technology is going to amke me Taking over the World Much harder...

Hit_and_Miss
Well... If I was a third world civilian I would start shaking....

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
GAH this new technology is going to amke me Taking over the World Much harder...

It makes solving mysteries easier detective

Hit_and_Miss
Sherlock: "Quick Watson, Moriarty is escaping, Arm the mega blaster!"

Mindship
There will be plenty of it.

debbiejo
Welfare should be limited..........Always produces leaches.....

Pandemoniac
Tech like this will probably change warfare, but not for the better of those who wield these weapons.
Being able to take down 'conventinal' (nuclear)missiles with greater ease will only result in the enemy using more creative and unpredictable means to deliver damage. The last few years have made it very clear already that it does not take advanced technology to strike hard on an opponent, making all attempts on defensive systems against high-tech weaponry even more futile.

Darth Jello
oh boy, sattelite mounted particle weapons...that'll made us lots of friends...

Pandemoniac
Viewing this mainly strategic, they f#cked up big time making/letting this information go public. The more you leave to guess concerning your abilities the better.
Unless this is a very clever scam, and the US has even far better defensive/offensive technology in use right now, making the rest of the world believe a few orbiting rayguns are the best they can do, while they have something far more terrible up the sleeve...

soleran30
The US news system is the wolds greatest military intelligence source lolsmile

Darth Jello
this still doesn't hold a candle to the rumored generation 4 nuclear weapons-pure fusion war heads and antimatter bombs-Think photon torpedo people, scary shit.

Lord Shadow Z

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Darth Jello
this still doesn't hold a candle to the rumored generation 4 nuclear weapons-pure fusion war heads and antimatter bombs-Think photon torpedo people, scary shit.

What are those?

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
What are those?
The three kinds of nuclear reactions:
fission-a nucleus is split apart, releasing a massive amount of energy.
fusion-two nuclei combine, releasing an even more massive amount of energy.
Anhihilation-Matter comes into contact with antimatter. Both are converted to energy. That's a massive output of energy.

How a Hydrogen bomb works-an initial atomic bomb (fission) is detonated, creating a tempurature high enough to activate the hydrogen bomb (fusion) which in itself sets off another fission reaction. This is terribly inefficient and a lot of potential energy is lost.

A pure fusion warhead would use a laser to superheat the payload to several million degrees, thus activating fusion immediatly and generating more energy.

An antimatter weapon would most likely use a very simple element like hydrogen and a very simple antimatter like antihydrogen (since that's the only true antimatter atom that they've been able to synthesize) held back by a magnetic field. The force of a warhead that operates like this would be measured in terratons or isotons-destruction on a countrywide or possibly continental scale. Furthermore, the necessity of a shielding mechanism for antimatter would make accidental detonations possible through something as trivial as an equipment malfuntion or a power failure. Antimatter anhihlates on contact with any matter.
So yeah, if they're really developing these (as rumored) we're screwed.

Darth Jello
i used the term photon torpedo because the mechanism that's being developed is virtually the same one used by cosmic missiles in star wars and star trek

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.