Rules -- Please Read!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lana
Just a few simple rules for the forum, the old thread got sort of cluttered up so I will repost them.

Obviously, considering the size of this forum compared to the others, the rules don't need to be as strict, but there are a few nonetheless.

1. This forum is Video Game Versus. Therefore, at least one character in the match must originate in a video game - simply appearing in one is not good enough! If you are unsure if a character originates in a game, do a little research first.

2. All matches should be fair -- do not start one where it is blatantly obvious that one side would stand no chance. An example of this would be a Chocobo vs. Master Chief.

3. Please, try and keep them to no more than 3 vs. 3. If they are in teams, each team can have up to 5. Otherwise it just gets too hard to discuss. Matches that are 1v1v1 etc are not allowed and will be closed.

4. Recently there have been questions about matches including KOTOR/KOTOR2 characters, as they originate in the games yet the games are based in the Star Wars universe. As the characters originate in game, matches with them can go here. However, if it's one with two KOTOR characters fighting each other, or a KOTOR character against another SW character, it'd probably be better to put it in the SW VS forum.

5. Please use the search function before creating a thread to be sure that it hasn't been done already.

6. All KMC Forum Rules still apply here. This means that bashing and flaming is not allowed. Do not do it.

Any threads I find breaking these rules will be closed. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to PM me at any time. As always, if you see anyone breaking the rules, please use the Report function or let me know directly so I can handle it.

Thank you very much and have fun stick out tongue

I'll leave this thread open for now, but please don't clutter it with senseless posting.

-- Lana dancebunny

Comic Book Versus Star Wars Versus

Knuckles X 20
just a few things threads like star wars characters vsgame characters kinda dont fit i think also what about team battle i know you said 3 vs 3 but iv seen some good team battles such as 5 tekken combatants vs 5 mk Kombatants

Shadow x 20
Translated

Just a few things, threads like Star Wars characters vs. game characters kind of don't fit I think. Also about Team Battles, I know you said 3 vs. 3 but I've seen some good team battles like 5 Tekken combatants vs. 5 MK combatants.

Lana
SW vs. game characters go here because the SW VS is for SW only.

And the 3 vs. 3 rule is if they're not teams, for teams they can have up to 5. Otherwise it just gets too messy.

Knuckles X 20
thanks for clearing that up for me big grin cyber-cookie to lana

Shadow x 20
Whatever happened to dave123? Did he quit?

Lana
He hasn't been on in ages, I don't know where he's gone...

Shadow x 20
What about Ares (God of War)?

IcePunk
One question:
How does someone get banned?

John Bak'or
i agree with rule 2.....it'll be unfair on the master cheif to get pounded continuously by the chocobo

IcePunk
Originally posted by IcePunk
One question:
I wanna know, I wanna know, I wanna know!

laughing out loud

swedish_bum
How do you become a Moderator?? I just want to know big grin

IcePunk
Originally posted by IcePunk
One question:
Is my question too stupid or something? Somebody who got a answer that fits with my question, plz give it.

Zen2nd
You have to not ask how to become a moderator to become a moderator.

Lana
How do you get banned? Screw up enough times.

How do you become a mod? Asking = destroyed chances.

swedish_bum
Yeah sry I didn't know... It was just curiosity and i don't want to be a mod..

John Bak'or
hmm

IcePunk
Originally posted by John Bak'or
hmm
confused

thegmeister53
I like pie.

Lana
Please do not clutter the thread with useless posting like this. Next person to do so will get a warning.

Dark-Kenshin
Well what if the characters don't originate in a video game, yet we are all referring to the video game version of the characters?

Lana
Doesn't matter. The characters MUST originate in a video game.

Be lucky, my rules are a lot more lenient than those of the other Vs forums, the only allow matches where ALL the characters must originate in that medium.

Dark-Kenshin
Then how is it that the "Goku vs Superman" thread, having over a thousand post, still hasn't been deleted? Neither of those characters originate in a video game.

Lana
Because as I have explained many many times, that thread was made before that rule was.

frylock
Originally posted by Lana
Doesn't matter. The characters MUST originate in a video game.

Be lucky, my rules are a lot more lenient than those of the other Vs forums, the only allow matches where ALL the characters must originate in that medium.

but i guess this dosent count for halo BECASUE ALL U DO IS BLOCK MY POSTS ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lana
That's because there's already threads about Halo and there is no reason to create a new thread to ask a simple question.

Duplicate threads get closed. Threads in the wrong part of the forum get closed. End of story.

Wetari
i like pie

MadMel
*waits for lana*

Scorpion_Master
Originally posted by Wetari
i like pie DUDE!! whats your problem? Don't say pointless things ---> "i like pie" <--- in a Rules thread (and other).. you will get a warning if you keep doing it.

Lana
Ignore it, please. I've already warned him.

Next time report it or PM me.

vpokdekjyafmidp
hey about the closing of the punisher vs various GTA gangs threads, and the guy from halo vs the storm/clonetrooper threads, i know its against the rules, but we have played the punisher defeating whole gangs before. and we have played the guy from halo defeating 10 covenant before. so i see no reason as to why it would be hard to discuss. i mean, they are comparable.

OH master chief, i couldnt remember his name

Lana
I don't care, it's still against forum rules. I decide what goes.

And I'm very much considering changing the rules to VG characters only because people are abusing the current rule.

vpokdekjyafmidp
well thats not nice

Lana
Not my job to be nice, it's my job to keep order.

Don't abuse the rules, and they won't get changed.

Wetari
holy shit!! stop talking about games and eat some frikin pie!! dam!

Lana
Wetari, I have told you already to quit it. You are running out of chances.

MadMel
holy shit!! stop talking about games and eat some frikin pie!! dam! are you in any way..er..braindead??? seriously??
if not, stfu plz

Peoples chump
holy shit!! stop talking about games and eat some frikin pie!! dam!

What is wrong with this Idiot?

Lana
Guys, did I not say ignore it?

MadMel
sorry

Otus
Just try to understand him... which is really hard!

Peoples chump
Guys, did I not say ignore it?

Sorry

Wetari
Sorry guys, my older brother is trying to get me banned from all the forums I go on by spamming. Sorry for annoying everyone =(

MadMel
uhuh...*shrugs*

DarthBanevv
What about the Darth Vader threads? Why haven't they been deleted?

MadMel
what darth vader threads??...the only recent one is the mario & luigi vs. vader thread...and thats pretty dead.

Zero72
this is stupid

Twilight Janick
Darth Vader threads aren't closed because the other end is always taken from a video game.

DarthBanevv
So one side could not be a video game?

Lana
There has to be one character who originated from a game.

However, I am severely contemplating changing that to - at the least - a majority of the characters in the match (meaning half or more) must originate from a game, or making it so that ALL characters need to originate from a game, due to recent abuse of this rule.

DarthBanevv
I see. Well I will check back here to see if that rule gets changed.

Twilight Janick
I don't know if this kind of fights are allowed, because, taken individually, this is no more than 1 on 3. The max is 3 on 3 (or 5 on 5 if teams). No two fights overlap.

The fights are held inside the Jedi Temple, one after the other.

1. Gottos (FF II)
2. Ena (Path of Radiance)
3. Tifa and Aeris (Advent Children)
4. Tiamat (FF I)
5. Ganondorf and Canderous
6. Naesala and the Witch-King
7. Janaff, Ulki and Tibarn (all three from Path of Radiance)
8. He wins all fights.

shin_remy
i see a lot of match ups from with marvel last days

this is against the rules cause marvel is not originaly from a game..

and a few marvel dudes have their games...

but not the ''gods'' and ''things above all''Galactus and bla bla bla

why won't these topics closed ?

Jabba the Hutt
Read the rules remy, read the rules.

Lana
Yes, please do. So long as there's at least one character that's originated in a game it's fine, though I am very seriously contemplating making that rule stricter.

bean_machine
You should because some of these threads are getting ridiculous, which are nothing more than mere spite threads.

Lana
I'm recruiting people to help me figure out what's just a stupid thread to spite someone and what's a genuine match so I can do a cleanup.

If you want to help, just PM me links to threads you think are against rules and I'll check it out.

1021kid
Originally posted by bean_machine
You should because some of these threads are getting ridiculous, which are nothing more than mere spite threads. exactly and i would love to help you lana even thou i am a jouniur member

Lana
Anyone can help keep order here - PM me with anything you find questionable, or report it.

This weekend I believe I'll be doing some restructuring of the rules.

bean_machine
woohoo

MadMel
Originally posted by bean_machine
woohoo

thegmeister53
I'm recruiting people to help me figure out what's just a stupid thread to spite someone and what's a genuine match so I can do a cleanup.

If you want to help, just PM me links to threads you think are against rules and I'll check it out.

By spite threads, do you mean just anything where the arguments start getting intense, or just where the thread is made to piss someone off?

Lana
The second, where people have been making threads just to piss other people off.

I meant to do a cleanup last weekend, and didn't get a chance to, and am going to be pretty busy until about 2 weeks from now.

MadMel
woops

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.