Marvel Deathmatch: Shang-Chi vs Iron Fist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

joesha28
Definately the 2 of the top 3 best martial artist in Marvel. H2h....best of 5 rounds.

joesha28
bump

AcousticDoc
Iron Fist is "almost" as skilled as shang chi but iron fist can amp his physical abilities past peak human by using chi. I say iron fist wins all of them. Shang chi's slight and small advantage in marital arts skill is not enough to overcome the heart of the dragon.

AcousticDoc
also, since this is a best of 5 match, iron fist can just heal himself between rounds.

joesha28
I said h2h....ok let's make it clear...w/o the Iron fist.

joesha28
come on ppl!!!!!

Tron
Apparantly, someone read Black Panther this month. roll eyes (sarcastic)

joesha28
Originally posted by Tron
Apparantly, someone read Black Panther this month. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yes i did....

AcousticDoc
what happened in black panther this month?

joesha28
BP and Cage fought Shang-chi's father's goon. Eventually Shang-Chi came and help Panther too. BP was telling Cage that Shang was better than Iron-Fist.

joesha28
too bad there was not a Panther/Shang showdown.

AcousticDoc
Well if Iron fist whooped on panther: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5584957

and panther says shang chi is even better than iron fist...

Anyways, why did Iron fist do that to panther?

joesha28
He was mind controlled by some dragon guy.

olympian
Without the IF?

Shang takes the slight majority.

Piedmon
Without the Iron Fist, I see Shang winning 4/5.

joesha28
Originally posted by joesha28
He was mind controlled by some dragon guy.

I forgot to say.... Black Panther did beat Iron fist but barely. If IF was not mind controlled, BP would be defeated.

joesha28
Marvel shld come up with a limited-series...where all h2h fighters meet in a arena for all out fight. They shld not just go for the char for their popularity but the skill of char written. well if that ever happen... this will be a dream final. What is keeping writers from making this fight?

joesha28
bump

demigawd
This is a good opportunity to post some high end feats for Shang-Chi.

joesha28
yeah but who got it?

demigawd
Somebody has to know something for everybody to consistently rank Shang-Chi #1 or #2 in the Marvel Universe. Or is it just that he looks like Bruce Lee, lol?

joesha28
Marvel calls him...the best Martial Art practitioner that will state it. Plus he stalemated Spidey b4.

demigawd
Marvel calls him...the best Martial Art practitioner that will state it. Plus he stalemated Spidey b4.

Yeah, but the Marvel Handbook also said of Captain America, "Perhaps the greatest hand to hand combatant in history". I prefer to go by feats than by statements made by god knows who among thousands at a company. You posted good IF feats, and that goes a long way to determining where he belongs. Shang-Chi needs the same thing for me to rank him as highly as some people seem to.

Daredevil, Black Panther, Wolverine and Kingpin have all stalemated or beaten Spider-Man at some point or other.

joesha28
Originally posted by demigawd
Yeah, but the Marvel Handbook also said of Captain America, "Perhaps the greatest hand to hand combatant in history". I prefer to go by feats than by statements made by god knows who among thousands at a company. You posted good IF feats, and that goes a long way to determining where he belongs. Shang-Chi needs the same thing for me to rank him as highly as some people seem to.

Daredevil, Black Panther, Wolverine and Kingpin have all stalemated or beaten Spider-Man at some point or other.

Yeah dude, but Shang's a genectically created human but still human stats.

joesha28
Cap that greatest thanks to his status but not the best, mind you...DC calls Batman the greatest martial artist too.

joesha28
Ok....here are some of Iron Fist feats, can't post scans but it's from the Iron Fist Essentials.

Iron Fist stalemated Iron Man (IM did have adv here... he's lot stronger than IF).

In #14 Iron Fist defeated Sabretooth.

#15 Iron Fist fought Wolverine...Logan was knocked around but credits to him he kept coming back (healing Factor) just to get knocked around again. (Logan could not even lay a scratch on Danny). Eventually, Colossus and Nightcrawler entered the fight and it was 3 vs 1 disadv to Iron Fist. But they cld not defeat Iron Fist and was knocked around embarassingly.

joesha28
I forgot to say.... Black Panther did beat Iron fist but barely. If IF was not mind controlled, BP would be defeated.

by using plot device.

Now bump..

Soljer
Toughie. Shang has the slight skill advantage, Danny has the chi advantage.

erm.

I'm undecided.

capt it up
Ok....here are some of Iron Fist feats, can't post scans but it's from the Iron Fist Essentials.

Iron Fist stalemated Iron Man (IM did have adv here... he's lot stronger than IF).

In #14 Iron Fist defeated Sabretooth.

#15 Iron Fist fought Wolverine...Logan was knocked around but credits to him he kept coming back (healing Factor) just to get knocked around again. (Logan could not even lay a scratch on Danny). Eventually, Colossus and Nightcrawler entered the fight and it was 3 vs 1 disadv to Iron Fist. But they cld not defeat Iron Fist and was knocked around embarassingly.
how ever long also beat an IF that pimped slapped danny around.

Soljer
Originally posted by capt it up
how ever long also beat an IF that pimped slapped danny around.

Yeah, Wolverine seemed to pretty easily put down a character that stole the Iron Fist power from Danny, and seemed to be more skilled than him, as well.

I'd have to call a little bit of PIS on that feat, though. Iron Fist can EASILY match or superceed Logan's physical stats through the use of chi, and is AT LEAST as skilled as Wolverine, if not heftily moreso.

In my opinion, erm.

complexbrother
even with the Iron fist, Shang Shi takes the majority .

boriquaking55
Wolverine, Captain America, Batman, Iron Fist, Shang Chi, Lady Shiva, Batgirl, random street leveler, Deathstroke, Richard Dragon, and Bronze Tiger are all the best H2H fighter in the world. At least in teh world of pointless hyperbole.

They all suck (except Slade) because they all need to be brought back down to earth. They can be good characters, but the writers need to stop with all the ridiculous hype. They have no business tangling with high-level metas (even slade). It's laughable at best.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by boriquaking55
Wolverine, Captain America, Batman, Iron Fist, Shang Chi, Lady Shiva, Batgirl, random street leveler, Deathstroke, Richard Dragon, and Bronze Tiger are all the best H2H fighter in the world. At least in teh world of pointless hyperbole.

They all suck (except Slade) because they all need to be brought back down to earth. They can be good characters, but the writers need to stop with all the ridiculous hype. They have no business tangling with high-level metas (even slade). It's laughable at best.

confused

... Slade martial arts skills aren't that hot.

boriquaking55
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
confused

... Slade martial arts skills aren't that hot.

my bad, he technically is superhuman, but still the jobber aura thing with him is ridiculous

Soljer
Originally posted by boriquaking55
my bad, he technically is superhuman, but still the jobber aura thing with him is ridiculous

Yeah, Slade's superhumanly strong, fast, etc.

But his skills are likely below those of nightwing's.

Not that nightwing is any slouch, but he's definitely no Shang Chi.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Soljer
Yeah, Wolverine seemed to pretty easily put down a character that stole the Iron Fist power from Danny, and seemed to be more skilled than him, as well.

I'd have to call a little bit of PIS on that feat, though. Iron Fist can EASILY match or superceed Logan's physical stats through the use of chi, and is AT LEAST as skilled as Wolverine, if not heftily moreso.

In my opinion, erm.

Aside from their initial encounter Marvel has been pretty admit (IMO at least) that Wolverine is superior to Iron Fist. In the two issues he guest started in Heroes for Hire he ridiculed Iron Fist going so far as to call Danny an amateur. There is also the Iron Fist/Wolverine team up (which you mentioned) which pretty much cemented that Wolverine was the more skilled of the two.

It's kind of a Batman - Shiva relationship. Even though Batman has done much, much more impressive things then Shiva has... she is better then he is, thats just how DC plays it.

srankmissingnin
Yeah, Slade's superhumanly strong, fast, etc.

But his skills are likely below those of nightwing's.

Not that nightwing is any slouch, but he's definitely no Shang Chi.

I should warn you, people get angry when I say that... you might want to watch out for a while. Avoid dark alleys and stuff you never know where long pig could be hiding. evil face

Soljer
Aside from their initial encounter Marvel has been pretty admit (IMO at least) that Wolverine is superior to Iron Fist. In the two issues he guest started in Heroes for Hire he ridiculed Iron Fist going so far as to call Danny an amateur. There is also the Iron Fist/Wolverine team up (which you mentioned) which pretty much cemented that Wolverine was the more skilled of the two.

It's kind of a Batman - Shiva relationship. Even though Batman has done much, much more impressive things then Shiva has... she is better then he is, thats just how DC plays it.

To each his own. Your opinion, my opinion.

That's it. big grin.

I should warn you, people get angry when I say that... you might want to watch out for a while. Avoid dark alleys and stuff you never know where long pig could be hiding. evil face

laughing laughing

Metalmanx
I said h2h....ok let's make it clear...w/o the Iron fist.

So just no Iron Fist, right? He can still amp up his other abilities using Chi?

I give it to Iron Fist 7/10.

Soljer
Originally posted by Metalmanx
So just no Iron Fist, right? He can still amp up his other abilities using Chi?

I give it to Iron Fist 7/10.

Shang can also amp his abilities using Chi.

I just think Danny has the superior showings with it. erm

jrodslam
BP and Cage fought Shang-chi's father's goon. Eventually Shang-Chi came and help Panther too. BP was telling Cage that Shang was better than Iron-Fist.

What i dont get is who is Panther to be telling anyone that one is better than the other, when hes not even on their level of skill? Hes good, but c'mon. either way, id call Fist and Chi a 5/5 split.

capt it up

In my opinion, erm.
marvel does not agree with you there for the msot part they show logan as superior in skills. when has danny ever made hsi stats superior to logan?

Not to mention how was that PIS? there was nothing PIS about it

guy222
danny

jitay
Danny

cdtm
Yeah, Danny.

Shang Chi's good, but the "better than Danny" statements don't hold any water.

cdtm
Bump.

How does it go with current, amped with tech Shang Chi?

DarkRaiden
Originally posted by jrodslam
What i dont get is who is Panther to be telling anyone that one is better than the other, when hes not even on their level of skill? Hes good, but c'mon. either way, id call Fist and Chi a 5/5 split.

Um...BP beat a bloodlusted Iron Fist....several times in that same fight. I think he has room to speak.

cdtm
Originally posted by DarkRaiden
Um...BP beat a bloodlusted Iron Fist....several times in that same fight. I think he has room to speak.

Not really. He was helpless during the straight h2h part, only able to survive the beating, and his "win" required tech, which dropped Danny just before he dropped himself. By my book, it was a double ko...

carver9
Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah, Danny.

Shang Chi's good, but the "better than Danny" statements don't hold any water.

Your wrong. Shang wins this.

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9
Your wrong. Shang wins this.

The street expert weighs in. evil face

While I'm no expert on Shang or Danny, having only read Master of Kung Fu in its entirety along with a good chunk of Deadly Hands of Kung Fu, Heroes for Hire, and other comics he's appeared in over the years, I'll grant he has feats as impressive as anyone in the speed, striking power, and skill department. But I think Danny has better without using the IF.

At work now, so I can't go into details at the moment, but you're going to need more then Panthers opinion, especially when there's the direct skill comparison... of the two fighting in Deadly Hands, and of Danny and Shangs showings vs Shen Kuei..

dial J for Josh
Shang Chi edges this out imo. I mean they offered him a spot on the main avengers team and not Danny for a reason. sly

cdtm
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Shang Chi edges this out imo. I mean they offered him a spot on the main avengers team and not Danny for a reason. sly

Spidey wasn't given one either, and he has actual super powers. wink

Like Spidey, Danny doesn't take well to teams. He could work with then, but half the time he's either embarrassing his teammates, or butting heads with then (Both happened all the time in Heroes for Hire.)

Shang deserves the spot and exposure, imo. Been a long time coming.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.