Who's the strongest - Savage Hulk- Superman- Gilgamesh(ForgottenOne)- Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

unknowable
This is a brute strength contest:

Wut up yall,

a brief overview,

a fully raged Savage Hulk - They say this monster's strength is limitless -

Superman - We all know him, known to move planets, nuff said -

Gilgamesh the Forgotten One - Took down the entire race of Eternals with his bare hands -

Doomsday - Killed Superman! -

Who is the strongest of these powerhouses -

the Darkone
Savage hulk is his strength feats are above everybody else in comics. The hulk shattered a comet 3x the size of earth or moon, held 150,000,000,000 tons on his shoulders, destroyed onslaught armor that was made of pure pisonic energy, hrash avengers on a regulary bases, draged a island in a calm state, fought the stranger, the list goes on. The hulk is the strongest their is, madder he gets the stronger he gets and we haven't seen his full potential yet.

spetznaz
Originally posted by the Darkone
Savage hulk is his strength feats are above everybody else in comics. The hulk shattered a comet 3x the size of earth or moon, held 150,000,000,000 tons on his shoulders, destroyed onslaught armor that was made of pure pisonic energy, hrash avengers on a regulary bases, draged a island in a calm state, fought the stranger, the list goes on. The hulk is the strongest their is, madder he gets the stronger he gets and we haven't seen his full potential yet.

1) Actually it was an asteroid, and it wasn't 3 times the size of the earth but 2 times.
With that said that is quite the feat nontheless.
I believe it was in Marvel Comics Presents # 52, where the Hulk (using a jetpack of some sort) went into space and shattered the asteroid.

2) The Hulk did lift 150 billion tons of mountain. That was in Secret Wars #4, and he did manage to save the other Marvel heroes and what not.

3) He has also done other things like mess with Dr Doom's field, tangle with Gladiator, shake some mountains (I believe the Rockies), etc etc etc.
And he is easily numero uno in Marvel (barring what I call 'entity-level' characters).

HOWEVER I'd still rank Superman higher than the Hulk.
Every single feat that the Hulk has done Superman has accomplished greater feats.

For example the Hulk lifted 150 billion tons.
Amazing feat.
Well, Superman (and I am talking CURRENT not Pre-Crisis ....and I hope no one seriously thinks the Hulk is even to be considered against Pre-Crisis Supes) moved a third of the moon.
That was moving 24.7 Quintillion tons (a third of the moon's mass)
What is one quintillion?
Well, one quintillion is one billion a billion times.

The Hulk was able to shake the Rockies.
Amazing feat!
Superman trading blows with General Zod was causing earthquakes all over the earth.

The Hulk punched an asteroid 2 times the size of the Earth.
Spectacular feat!
Superman held a Black Hole in his hands!

The Hulk is very fast.
He can run at over 300mph (and arguably should be able to reach Mach speeds was he to really try, although no one has ever written him that way. In my PERSONAL opinion the Hulk should be able to break mach speed). Thus the Hulk is fast (be it 350mph fast or faster).
Well, Superman (again post-crisis ...no need to drag pre-crisis into this) can reach velocity levels equal to light speed!
What!
I must be lying!
Post-crisis Superman cannot do that!
Well, he can!
And here is proof:

pic 1:
http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/4198/untitled128qt3bk.jpg
pic 2:
http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5858/untitled138wy8fy.jpg
pic 3: http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5207/untitled140kt3ew.jpg
pic 4: http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/938/untitled152oe8eq.jpg
pic 5: http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/8946/untitled166ov4wo.jpg

Anyways, I have total respect for the Hulk (and some of his feats, ranging from recent feats like the whole shattering of Onslaught's armor all the way to the older feats he did) are quite amazing.
However Superman (post-crisis) has done greater feats.
Consistently.
And if one brings in Pre-Crisis Superman it is not even a contest. Post-crisis Superman is more than enough.

ANYWAYS: This thread can have one answer or many.
I'd say all the characters (Gilgamesh, Hulk, Doomsday and Supes) have amazing strength levels and leave it at that.
Based on feats one can debate however way.
The thing is next month the Hulk could be written as having the ability to shoot forth gamma radiation from his hands,Superman could be written as only being able to fly at a max speed of mach 1, and Doomsday could be made into a Rhodes scholar!
It all depends on the whim of the writer, thus there is nothng really coherent about any of the characters (since they are fictional, and different writers imbue different attributes).

However based on past feats Superman takes this.
And if I was to include some of Superman's older (read: pre-crisis, where he is ripping tears in space and even as super-boy dragging strings of planets with him) to match some of the Hulk's older feats then it gets really skewed.

However we can agree to disagree.
You say Hulk.
I say Superman.

klintypooh
I say tomato.

unknowable
Originally posted by the Darkone

wow...

Impressive, though I thought Supermanprime would have been stronger, I seen a thread describing his feats, phenomenal!!!

The Ion
Originally posted by klintypooh
I say tomato.
To-mah-to

unknowable
However we can agree to disagree.
You say Hulk.
I say Superman.

Man that was really cool, attitude and knowledge and wisdom in expressing it.

And I knew Prime was rediculous but I had no idea Post was so ill.

cheap cabbage
Superman is stronger, but I think people classify the hulk as the strongest mainly on his presentation. He is a giant green, muscle bound idiot i.e. he looks exactly the part. Marvel's been hoohahiing about his limitless strength and whatnot, but we've never seen anything that quite equals what superman's done. Yeah, I guess if you spend a couple years pissing hulk off with brady bunch reruns, he start tearing the universe in 2, but until then...this is a job for superman.

unknowable
Originally posted by cheap cabbage
Superman is stronger, but I think people classify the hulk as the strongest mainly on his presentation. He is a giant green, muscle bound idiot i.e. he looks exactly the part. Marvel's been hoohahiing about his limitless strength and whatnot, but we've never seen anything that quite equals what superman's done. Yeah, I guess if you spend a couple years pissing hulk off with brady bunch reruns, he start tearing the universe in 2, but until then...this is a job for superman.

ahahahahahah!!!!

Sixth_Winged
Initially Superman, but given enough time and things to piss Hulk off like a persistant bum itch stick out tongue, he would trump just about anyone.......

MattDay
Anyone read the crossover when the hulk got so mad with superman that he practically had a heart attack while superman got knocked flying across the city, I think that answers the question there... no it don't lol hulk goes all comatose when he reaches supes strength.

jgiant
HULK SMASH!!!!!!!!!

olympian
" held 150,000,000,000 tons on his shoulders"

Hulk regular feats dont surpass the others. The high end however do.

High end= plenetary and above (and in Hulks case im talking about above that level).

That one isent a high end of his.

"Marvel's been hoohahiing about his limitless strength and whatnot, but we've never seen anything that quite equals what superman's done"

What has Superman done post crisis that equal to punching an actual time storm par example?

supremthor
Originally posted by olympian

High end= plenetary and above (and in Hulks case im talking about above that level).

"Marvel's been hoohahiing about his limitless strength and whatnot, but we've never seen anything that quite equals what superman's done"

What has Superman done post crisis that equal to punching an actual time storm par example?

i d say pushing back a moving war-world

Juntai
Originally posted by olympian

What has Superman done post crisis that equal to punching an actual time storm par example? Or holding aloft a star, which have mass several hundred times that of planets, or holding a black hole, which even small ones are considered billions of times the mass of Earth. But we don't really often count these, as they are kinda silly.

What it comes down to, is issue for issue no one is stronger physically than Superman.

olympian
"i d say pushing back a moving war-world"

Nah. Punching an actual time storm or clapping a cosmos away are more over the top.

Or more ridiculous, you pick.

Punching the asteroid twice earths size would be akin to that. Even we know Warworld wasent Earth`s size. Or was it.

"Or holding aloft a star",

I dont recall that one. Any scans?

"or holding a black hole, which even small ones are considered billions of times the mass of Earth"

He didnt held -a- black hole. It was artificial. Not a real deal.

"What it comes down to, is issue for issue no one is stronger physically than Superman."

If we compare like that, we could only use characters who had or still have 4 monthly titles, no?

Juntai
No, it's a matter of common portrayal, not amount of portrayals. Issue to issue, amd appearance for appearance, no one maintains superior levels of strength the way Superman does. Superman's regular strength levels, seem to match or close to match the higher end of most other strength related characters.

olympian
Considering Hulk feats are in continuity id say that he does. His high end feats fall in the more ridiculous zone where strenght its related than the ones Superman has.

Juntai
Most of the 'high end' feats are severe cases of SvFL and you know it. Like holding universes apart and stuff. Clearly physical strength is an insufficient powerset to accomplish this and easily falls into that category, regardless of if it's canon or not, it's utterly rediclous and quite cartoonish. Its amazing why Marvel lets things like that slide.

But, still, as I said, appearance to appearance, Superman is strongest out of these. And that's whats considered concerning the forum.

MattDay
Originally posted by Juntai
Most of the 'high end' feats are severe cases of SvFL and you know it. Like holding universes apart and stuff. Clearly physical strength is an insufficient powerset to accomplish this and easily falls into that category, regardless of if it's canon or not, it's utterly rediclous and quite cartoonish. Its amazing why Marvel lets things like that slide.

But, still, as I said, appearance to appearance, Superman is strongest out of these. And that's whats considered concerning the forum.

notion seconded, i agree

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.