Nightwing Beta Than Batman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

streekz
I think Nightwing is beta than batman..

Think about it Nightwing has everythin that batman has plus youth agility and he was trained by batman..

The legend of Batman is massively beta than nightwing which always seems to leave Nightwing as second best..

Besides wudnt the Bat suit be heavier to fight in than Nightwings?

DarkCrawler
It's "better".

And Nightwing doesn't have everything that Batman has. Batman is stronger, more experienced and better fighter. And more intelligent.

Mainstream
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
It's "better".

And Nightwing doesn't have everything that Batman has. Batman is stronger, more experienced and better fighter. And more intelligent.

true...but Nightwing is more agile and know how to kick back and relax more so than Batman....but yes Batman is over all better....for now.

streekz
Originally posted by Mainstream
true...but Nightwing is more agile and know how to kick back and relax more so than Batman....but yes Batman is over all better....for now.

I guess it a case of The master (batman) still got few tricks up his sleeve and the student (nightwing) still got alot to learn.

NoFate007
As of right now, Batman is better than Nightwing. But, if you look at the scales of age and such, obviously Nightwing has the potential to surpass Bruce.

Dethbyhashi
I personally like Nightwing "better" but Batman is still way to experienced and I do agree that Nightwing has potential to surpass Batman in the future and I can't wait

Draco69
As of now the only thing Nightwing is "better" at is agility. His agility in nearly on par with the likes of Spider-Man.

Knightfall93
Nightwing is the only guy I'd ever think could replace Bruce as the Batman. He's got loads to learn and I don't think he is driven so much as Bruce. Bruce has a dark and unstoppable dangerous edge which will always leave Dick as 2nd best. If you think about it, Bruce beats far greater adversities aside and faces bad guys every day that could beat Dick! If Dick does replace Bruce, as DC have hinted about a new Batman, he'l do but someone like Bane, Ra's or maybe even Joker could probably beat him!

Gregory
Batman's never been raped by some chick and then allowed her to commit murder. I'm just saying...

Draco69
Originally posted by Gregory
Batman's never been raped by some chick and then allowed her to commit murder. I'm just saying...

Umm...actually...if you heard about Talia....

Tron
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Nightwing is the only guy I'd ever think could replace Bruce as the Batman. He's got loads to learn and I don't think he is driven so much as Bruce. Bruce has a dark and unstoppable dangerous edge which will always leave Dick as 2nd best. If you think about it, Bruce beats far greater adversities aside and faces bad guys every day that could beat Dick! If Dick does replace Bruce, as DC have hinted about a new Batman, he'l do but someone like Bane, Ra's or maybe even Joker could probably beat him!

I don't know about that. It's not like he hasn't had to deal with any of Batman's rogues before. And one thing to consider: Batman's arch-enemy is the Joker; Nightwing's arch-enemy is Deathstroke the Terminator. I'm just sayin'...

ANd while Batman may still be above Nightwing in most areas, Dick still has come up on his own. He's protected his own city, he's dealt with his own rogues, he's lead his own team. Batman may still be better overall, but at this point, it's not by much. That's just my personal opinion though.

Knightfall93
As IC looks like its gonna lead to a new Batman, I reckon Dick's the number 1 best option, even though Jason'll probably bagsy the rooll

roughrider
Originally posted by streekz

Think about it Nightwing has everythin that batman has plus youth agility and he was trained by batman..

The legend of Batman is massively beta than nightwing which always seems to leave Nightwing as second best..

Beta became obsolete, of no use.
Batman - the VHS master - rules. stick out tongue

Scarecrow756
I think Nightwing and Batman are evenly matched.

Knightfall93
Dick isn't as good as Bruce... YET!

Tron
Only one of them is a runner-up for the Green Lantern Corps, can you guess which one? whistle

wuTa
dick was suppose to be green lantern chosen by the guardians but the ring went to either jordan or kyle, i think it was jordan, could be wrong on that one tho......i love the nightwing charactor...i think overall he is better than batman, people say that batman has more experince, but thats not necesarrly true, you have to remeber that dick has been fighting crime since he was like 12.....the only real advantage batman has over nightwing is the fact that he is smarter than him, you could say that training him might be an advangtage, but i wouldn't, nightwing has a different style of fighting and different methods than batman...by the time dick gets to be batmans age he'll be twice as good as bruce ever was

Lord Magnus
Batman owns Nightwing at this point. In twenty years we talk.

Cascador
Nightwing will never be better as batman...batman trained him...and he may have his own skills, but so does Batman...Nightwing will get stronger...so will Batman...

botcherby
Batman has already past his Prime, unless IC "changes" things for the more youthful Batman will slowly age and you can't stop old age.

I can't believe someone said Nightwing is less driven than Batman... He ****ing disobeyed Superman and jumped into a radioactive city and was totally willing to die to save his people... but we'll wait to see if he dies yet in IC

Nightwing has leadership, thats the one thing Batman doesn't have on him. Nightwing is cited as the best Leader in the entire DCU, batman says it himself "Everyone trusts you, they always have"

Batman may be smarter than Dick, but Dick is the leader... its like comparing Cyclops and Havok... havok is essentially more powerful but Cyclops can lead, which Havok obviously cannot.

wuTa
spot on, not even batman can stop old age, and nightwing hasn't even enter his prime, at the age of 24, nightwing is a seasoned superhero who is one of the most respected by his peers and adversaries, at the age og 24 batman was just starting to make a name for himself

Knightfall93
According to yr1, Bruce became Batman at 25 so, yeah, Dick's had more of his life as a hero as not! LOL. I guess I was wrong about the driven thing, LOL, he's crazily driven too!

wuTa
smile

Knightfall93
Both of them are good but most accept that bruce i still best!

wuTa
maybe, but like i said, by the time grayson gets to be batman's age he'll be twice the superhero batman is, but they barely age in comic books, so that might not ever happen......what about jason todd, you think he's better than nightwing?

Knightfall93
Unless some crap happened due to weird carp, Jason was the worst Robin and shouldnt be skilled or strong. Dick should be able to whup his sorry @$$

Etrigan

You obviously haven't read the end of Bruce Wayne: Murderer. The two of them fought in the Batcave. And Nightwing couldn't actually land a blow on Batman, except for when Batman let him at first.

Seriously, Bruce is much more skilled than Dick in many ways.

Knightfall93
I'm getting Murdere? sent to my libarary. is it good?

wuTa
Originally posted by Knightfall93
Unless some crap happened due to weird carp, Jason was the worst Robin and shouldnt be skilled or strong. Dick should be able to whup his sorry @$$

havent you heard about the red hood?

Knightfall93
Yes. Obviously. Thats why Im saying something weired happened. Probably tied to IC. I reckon he saves the universe and takes ovar as Batman

Knightfall93

botcherby
Originally posted by Etrigan
You obviously haven't read the end of Bruce Wayne: Murderer. The two of them fought in the Batcave. And Nightwing couldn't actually land a blow on Batman, except for when Batman let him at first.

Seriously, Bruce is much more skilled than Dick in many ways.

thats called CIS right?

Batman wasn't even trying to fight, he ran like a girl in HIS own cave which Dick doesn't spend more than 5 minutes in when he visits. It wasn't until Fugitive I think when Dick actually cracked the cave's weakspots.

on a side note, have you got any scans to the fight, I remember seeing Dick land a "free" punch and then Dick getting kicked as Bruce drives off or something

wuTa

olympian
" thats called CIS right? "

Not really. Dick is agile and will get some kicks. But having him near beaten? No.

"Unless some crap happened due to weird carp, Jason was the worst Robin and shouldnt be skilled or strong. Dick should be able to whup his sorry @$$"

Worst Robin its a matter of opinion. I though he was the best one. And no skilled or strong? Ill never get that one. Before he died one point of his stories was how he made Dicks training faster.

Hes kinda the Rafael of DC. Good but wasent better because of his rage. Considering he was alive all this time, then he got the training he needed to be complete.

Etrigan
Originally posted by botcherby
thats called CIS right?

Batman wasn't even trying to fight, he ran like a girl in HIS own cave which Dick doesn't spend more than 5 minutes in when he visits. It wasn't until Fugitive I think when Dick actually cracked the cave's weakspots.

on a side note, have you got any scans to the fight, I remember seeing Dick land a "free" punch and then Dick getting kicked as Bruce drives off or something

Nah, Dick got all anoyed at Bruce, because Bruce didn't say whether he had murdered Vesper or not. Then Dick punched Bruce in the face, for "free." Then Dick tried to hit Bruce again, and Bruce just kept dodging, evading him throughout the cave. Then Dick said "Stop dodging, Bruce!" so Bruce hit him pretty damn hard, and said "Don't call me Bruce." So Dick started attacking again, and Bruce kept blocking and dodging. Then Dick punched through the glass case where Jason's old costume is kept, and Bruce drove away.

Knightfall93
That's liken the most tactles thing to do in the Bat Cave, smash the cabinet with Jason's costume in! LOL.
"Get Hush, the stoy and artwork are amazing"
I know its good, I read pt11 in "Batman Legends". I was just wondering if Under the Hood is worth getting. Any opinions on it?

Etrigan
Yeah, Hush Vol 1 and 2 are both awesome. Brilliant art by Jim Lee. And a pretty good storyline, too. Definitely worth getting.

Knightfall93
It sounds wicked. What about Under the Hood? is it actaully cool?

Etrigan
Yeah, it's pretty good. The Red Hood is kind of an absolute Batman evil equivalent. Quite good read, but it's no Hush.

Knightfall93
OK. Thanks

Knightfall93
Is hush when Bats and Selina hook up? Cos Im gettin that if it is...

Etrigan
Yep.

But it doesn't last long, as predicted.

Knightfall93
??? I thought they r still together...?

Etrigan
No... I haven't been reading up to recently. They break up at the end of Hush because Selina says that Bruce thinks too "Detective style" and he's too entangled in the job. Then she leaves.

I didn't know they were still together.

Knightfall93
But there's loads of rumours that theyll get married!

Etrigan
I pray to God that doesn't happen.

Knightfall93
LOL, they say Brucell be commish!

Knightfall93
Thatd make cool in Gotham Central, you know, Bruce just beats up all the bad guys. SAhame it ended, I was considering subscribing...

Etrigan
Woohoo! I have scans of Bruce's fight with Dick in Batman: Murderer.

Dick gets his "Free" hit: http://img40.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc75&image=128_batnw1.jpg

And another: http://img105.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc280&image=4da_batnw2.jpg

They fight for a bit: http://img43.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc256&image=89d_batnw3.jpg
http://img44.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc266&image=3e7_batnw5.jpg

Batman returns Dick's free two, but much harder: http://img16.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc185&image=b7c_batnw6.jpg

http://img5.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc227&image=2f5_batnw7.jpg

http://img104.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc270&image=461_batnw8.jpg

Dick makes a big mistake: http://img15.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc40&image=418_batnw9.jpg

Enjoy! See how Batman mainly has the upper hand throughout the fight?

Knightfall93
Wow! nThat was sooooo cool...

Knightfall93
Dick had no hope, Bruce could break him like a twig...

Etrigan
He just chose not to, obviously. But I would have jumped for joy if he did.

Knightfall93
that would have been WAY FUNNY, if he like fought Dick to the death! I reckon Dick should prove himself against someone like Shiva though. One flick thing from Shiva had Dick reeling in KnightsEnd! LOL

Knightfall93
And Jean Paul destroyed him completely...

olympian
Jean Paul had the crazy armour tho. Dick showed alot of skill and agility and helding its own until he got distracted by some lady and was beaten by Paul with cheap shots.

I may be wrong by memory but Dick`s showing impressed me more than Batman.

Knightfall93
yeah... I guess. But bruce showed some quality, just being more tactical and not wanting to fight a guy in massive spikey armour full on. His tactics won

Knightfall93
But those scans show Bruce is far better

wuTa
Woohoo! I have scans of Bruce's fight with Dick in Batman: Murderer.

Dick gets his "Free" hit: http://img40.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc75&image=128_batnw1.jpg

And another: http://img105.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc280&image=4da_batnw2.jpg

They fight for a bit: http://img43.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc256&image=89d_batnw3.jpg
http://img44.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc266&image=3e7_batnw5.jpg

Batman returns Dick's free two, but much harder: http://img16.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc185&image=b7c_batnw6.jpg

http://img5.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc227&image=2f5_batnw7.jpg

http://img104.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc270&image=461_batnw8.jpg

Dick makes a big mistake: http://img15.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc40&image=418_batnw9.jpg

Enjoy! See how Batman mainly has the upper hand throughout the fight?

no he didnt, he landed two great shots, but as you could aslo see, nightwing was able to ellude some of his kicks and punches, if anything, it was a draw, and lets just say for argument sake that batman got the slight upperhand, the fact is nightwing was still able to goe toe to toe with batman, he take his punches and got up, on the 2nd page he landed a punch that knocked brucey on his ace

Knightfall93
LOL... he lost fair and square.

Knightfall93
And smashing Jason's cabinet was a damn stupid thing to do...

wuTa
lol, you guys favor batman too much, he didnt lose, he wasnt the one runing away, jason todd got the better half of batman, batman isnt invincible, that waht makes him so awesome, he doesnt win every fight

Etrigan
Originally posted by wuTa
no he didnt, he landed two great shots, but as you could aslo see, nightwing was able to ellude some of his kicks and punches, if anything, it was a draw, and lets just say for argument sake that batman got the slight upperhand, the fact is nightwing was still able to goe toe to toe with batman, he take his punches and got up, on the 2nd page he landed a punch that knocked brucey on his ace

But Bruce still didn't fall down. When Bruce punched Dick, Dick was flipped onto his face.

Now THAT'S a hard punch.

Bardock42
Originally posted by wuTa

Well I like Nightwing but after that fight he was talking to Tim and they were saying something along the lines of:

Tim: I always thought if it came to a fight between you two he'd waste you
Dick: He did....he did.

wuTa
But Bruce still didn't fall down. When Bruce punched Dick, Dick was flipped onto his face.

Now THAT'S a hard punch.

of course, bruce is stronger than dick, if wayne had landed a punch on anyone they would go down, but dick is quicker, as illustrated by avioding batmans kicks, and punches, and bruce did fall down after graysons' 2nd punch, it obviosly didnt have the same effect that bruces punch did on dick, but bruce was getting up from his knee, if grayson wanted too he coulda taken advantage of that

wuTa
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well I like Nightwing but after that fight he was talking to Tim and they were saying something along the lines of:

Tim: I always thought if it came to a fight between you two he'd waste you
Dick: He did....he did.

dick is a perfectionist, if he doesnt have something go his way he considers it a loss, he wanted to beat the shit out of wayne, and couldnt, he could only hang with him...everyone feels like they got wasted after a fight even if you won it, espicially if you haven take some hard shots, thats why fighters respect each other more after the fight than before...there is no way anyone can say there was a clear cut winner after that nightwing/batman fight

Nightwing Gurl
oki - even if batman was stronger than nightwing

Nightwing is still beta in my opinion stick out tongue ....

and wuta i guess ur rite >>

Knightfall93
YAWN! This thread is becoming as bad as those threads by Batman Returns!

Etrigan
Let's come to a conclusion.

Batman is stronger, more intelligent, and more driven.

Dick is more open-minded, agile, and possibly (possibly) a better martial artist (I said possibly, damnit, man! I'm not actually sure on this one.)

lynch lad
has anyone seen the new batman continues poster it is so cool stick out tongue

Knightfall93
Where's that BC poster from?

Knightfall93
Dick, as he says in Prodigal, hates martial artsy guys. I reckon Bruce is the superior martail artiste!

Etrigan
Yeah, I guess Bruce is the better martial artist. He trained Dick, too. He must hold him in high esteem, anyway.

Knightfall93
Bruce rules OK

Bardock42
Originally posted by lynch lad
has anyone seen the new batman continues poster it is so cool stick out tongue
It looks alright....I am pretty sure it won't be called Batman Continues though. Well, and it is surely a fake.

Knightfall93
Obviously, that "!Batman" looks nothin like Bale

wuTa
whats up with the watchtower in that pic?.....is oracle in there gettin some dick....GIGGIDY!!!!

Knightfall93
That person looks nothing like Bale. And its obvioulsy a fake

OB1-adobe

He's not real dude.

I love Comics as much as you guys, but these characters are only as good as they write them to be.

Knightfall93
Well said, OB1, he sounds like its the most obvious fact ever...

Knightfall93
And streekz, with your charisatic and skilledd writing, I'm soooo disappointed you arent an author...
That was sarcasm if its too much for your infantile mind to comprehend... well, actaully, to be precise, it was irony, not sarcasm, sarcasm is just a "cutting statement" while irony is what most people kill "sarcasm"....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.