Bigger Idiots - DC General Public or Marvel General Public

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlaqChaos
Okay, who has the bigger idiots? DC for not noticing the similarities between Superman and Clark Kent, and not putting two and two together; or Marvel for not noticing how many pictures of Spider-man Peter Parker has gotten of Spider-man over the years, when no one else can?

roughrider
DC.
Glasses as a disguise? - C'mon.
And I think Wonder Woman does the same thing!

The Ion
Wonder Woman doesn't have a disguise.

manjaro
DC...definintely. not just cuz of the glasses but how come no one has noticed that clark kent is in body builder shape? also they get soooooo may alien/demonic invasions on a consistent basis yet the do thier headless chicken routine whenever a new brood comes to town.

but the glasses defintly do take the cake thobig grin...but if i do remeber correctly a little after Byrne took the helm he did concoct the whole "he has a hypnotic charm" thing so thats why ppl dont recognize him....also when he just came out and everybody wanted to know who he was(news, lex, Lois) he would vibrate his head at super speeds that his face would be a blur on any film. he did it so much that it became second nature to him, then it wasnt explained in any more captions so we can still assume that he's still doing that today

Avalonofthewind
There is also the fact that the General public have seen Clark and Superman together on more than 1 occassion.

Jose123
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
There is also the fact that the General public have seen Clark and Superman together on more than 1 occassion.

so they should notice they look identical.

WrathfulDwarf
Neither....is Comic Book world. If you don't know that then idiots are something else.

H. S. 6
DC world is retarded. stick out tongue

NoFate007
Everyone that is a part of the general public in both worlds is a moron. Superman puts on glasses and he's Clark Kent and we can't tell that they're identical. Cyclops is Scott Summers, so why not send an assassin to murder him while he's sleeping in the middle of the night? Etc etc etc. Suspension of disbelief.

Jose123
Originally posted by NoFate007
Everyone that is a part of the general public in both worlds is a moron. Superman puts on glasses and he's Clark Kent and we can't tell that they're identical. Cyclops is Scott Summers, so why not send an assassin to murder him while he's sleeping in the middle of the night? Etc etc etc. Suspension of disbelief.

Most of the X-men are known to the Public.

roughrider
Originally posted by The Ion
Wonder Woman doesn't have a disguise.

She used to - when wearing that military uniform in the old days. Hair in a tight bun, and glasses.

DigiMark007
This is rather ludicrous simply because it's for the sake of the story. Sure, the media would out any super-hero within weeks if they were in the real world, but that's why we read the comics...so we don't have to deal with the stupid stuff like that, and can read good stories.

But yeah, some of it is a little hard to swallow. Modern comics I think do a better job of this than, say, Silver Age hidden identities.

roughrider
Yes, I know, but Marvel is a bit more real about it. Anyone who doesn't have a mask doesn't really have a secret identity.
When Thor tried the whole glasses routine as Sigurd Jarlson, it didn't last very long, because people eventually figured out who he was.

Superherovandal
like someone said. Supes and Clark Kent have been seen together on multiple occasions so no one would really doubt it.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Jose123
so they should notice they look identical.

The Ion
Supes is much hotter than Clark...

Psycho Ninja
Thats gay Ion......... real gay....

manjaro
what about the fact that ppl who learn his ID are always like, "wow! now i see why no one recognizes you, they would never expect to see you in glasses".....dumb f ****s

superbatman86
Everyone is stupid except Superman.I mean he knew that people were so dumb that they wouldn't be able to tell who he was

grey fox
All dc characters are pot heads...

Juntai
Well if you if you read John Byrnes old Superman reboot comics he covers why no one recognizes him.
All of his mannerisms change.
Ruggles his hair, talks in a different voice. Slouches kinda, walks different, puts on glasses. He essentially goes from this celestial-style being into the biggest nerd you've ever seen.
While pre-crisis, he just used Hypnotic Vision.

roughrider
Hypnotic vision. All day long?
That's the stupiest thing I've learned today, anyway.

Knightfall93
DC general public! LOL. Though Marvel follow close behind...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.