Funniest Horror movie Spoofs?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
The "Scary Movie" fliks will always come to mind. Pt. 4's in the making too..

cropsy_is_god
Have you seen Strange things happen at sundown. That films gory but really funny.

BlackSunshine
Shaun Of The Dead

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by cropsy_is_god
Have you seen Strange things happen at sundown. That films gory but really funny.

I haven't. I've never even heard of it. Was it released in theatres?

cropsy_is_god
No it just went to dvd. Its about a mafia gang that r a bunch of vampires and they're back up is the grim reaper.

deathbycorn
Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday The 13th
Club Dread
Idle Hands

Wolfie
Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday the 13th, much better than all the Scary Movies combined, highly underrated.

Evil Dead
every one of the Scary Movie flicks are retarded. I love spoofs but these are all just stupid.......they rank right up there with Ernest Saves Christmas when it comes to comedies. Repossessed is much funnier than all 4 combined........and it actually has a plot, not just random scenes parodying famous movies strung together incoherently, imagine that.

Shaun of the Dead is indeed great, but why in the world would you think it to be a spoof? It is in no way a spoof or parody, it's actually quite the opposite.........an homage to the great Romero Dead films. The movie is such an homage made out of such love for the material, they even worked in social commentary as Romero did in his films (Shaun being portrayed as a "zombie" for his modern slacker lifestyle)........ How in the world could you watch Shaun of the Dead and see any scene in which you thought the film was making fun of, parodying or spoofing Romero's dead films? you do know the meaning of the word, "spoof" right?

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Evil Dead
every one of the Scary Movie flicks are retarded. I love spoofs but these are all just stupid.......they rank right up there with Ernest Saves Christmas when it comes to comedies. Repossessed is much funnier than all 4 combined........and it actually has a plot, not just random scenes parodying famous movies strung together incoherently, imagine that.

All 4 combined, I think your moving way ahead of yourself, Pt 4 isn't even out in theatres yet..

The "Scary Movie" movies had a plot. Sure they might've looked like random scenes parodying famous horror movies but it wasn't done incoherently..they actually some how did tie into the plot. To the story "Scary Movie" did have.

I'm looking foward to "Scary Movie 4" when it comes out. (since it's not already out yet)

cool

BaronOBeefDip
I don't know if this counts, but I really enjoyed Young Frankenstein.

BlackSunshine
Originally posted by Evil Dead

Shaun of the Dead is indeed great, but why in the world would you think it to be a spoof? It is in no way a spoof or parody, it's actually quite the opposite.........an homage to the great Romero Dead films. The movie is such an homage made out of such love for the material, they even worked in social commentary as Romero did in his films (Shaun being portrayed as a "zombie" for his modern slacker lifestyle)........ How in the world could you watch Shaun of the Dead and see any scene in which you thought the film was making fun of, parodying or spoofing Romero's dead films? you do know the meaning of the word, "spoof" right?

I thought it was a "spoof" excuse me for being wrong. I couldnt think of any at the moment so I just guessed. SO now that I saw some tha t people mentioned...I'll say the all the Scary Movies. The first one, I thought, was the funniest one. The third one was funny too especially because Charlie Sheen was in it. The second one was kinda funny but it was really dumb at the same time.
Now Repossesed was hilarious. Leslie Neilsen is so funny. This movie was a great spoof of the Excorsist. It made the movie even better that Linda Blair was in it.

Cinemaddiction
"Shriek If You Know.." definately. I love "Scary Movie 3", but as far as horror spoofs go, it's poor. "Reposessed" is also right on up there. I bought it right after ED turned me onto it.

Wolfie
I'll have to check out Repossessed.

b-dan
shriek: if you only knew what i did on friday the 13th

silence of the hams

scary movie 1

Jigsaw22
i never hear of silence of the hams

Eternal Turmoil
Does anyone knwo what they are making fun of in Scary Movie 4? All the others are really funny. stick out tongue

bksdrums
Young Frakenstein

papabeard
www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=341339&highlight=spoof

Next Venom_girl
Scream.

Dethbyhashi
Young Frankenstein will always be the greatest comedy\horror spoof ever PERIOD

actor
I love all of the Scary Movies and i own them all.

Shriek, If You Know What I Did Last Friday the 13th! (lol, 3 titles in 1) was alright. The funniest bit is when the girl and the killer are running around the table for about haf an hour! LOL!!!

I don't see how Scream is seen as a Spoof?? I know theres a bit when the caretaker is dressed up as Freddy Kruegar and the Headteacher calls him Fred but thats it. Is it just because it mentions loads of horrors in it??

deathbycorn
Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Terror.

Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Hellbound, Flesh-Eating Subhumanoid Zombified Living Dead, Part 3.

drewbiefan
Scary movie is a good movie. However I have never particuarly enjoyed the funny horrors! They have to be realisitic, not sillystick out tongue

Solo
Shaun of the Dead, by far.

Impediment
Scream and Shaun of the Dead are more satire than spoof, IMO.

I liked Scary Movie 1, Silence of the Hams, Dracula: Dead and Loving It, Fatal Instinct, Young Frankenstein, and Reposessed.

drewbiefan
Originally posted by Solo
Shaun of the Dead, by far.
Explain, what is that about ?? t is not horror is it really? Or scary?

Impediment
Originally posted by drewbiefan
Explain, what is that about ?? t is not horror is it really? Or scary?

Shaun of the Dead

Espantada23
OMG I love Repossessed....that's like one of the top fav spoofs...Leslie Nielson was so on top of his game then.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.