-=- Spore -=-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Koala MeatPie
I a DEFINITLY getting mine.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/spore/news.html?sid=6125451&mode=previews

powerfulone1987
Sounds very interesting.

I really think I'll be getting this game.

I'll have to wait and see what other news arises and see what changes they may make.

Because even though I never gave "Civilization" the PC game a try, it doesn't seem like my kind of game.

Too much to have to deal with. And as Spore goes on and as you evolve they say the game gets like that and then eventually similar to Grand Theft Auto, which is another game that I don't like and have tried.

So I'll just have to wait and see, and see some screen shots and read more info.

is it comprehensible.....

LanceWindu
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
Sounds very interesting.

I really think I'll be getting this game.

I'll have to wait and see what other news arises and see what changes they may make.

Because even though I never gave "Civilization" the PC game a try, it doesn't seem like my kind of game.

Too much to have to deal with. And as Spore goes on and as you evolve they say the game gets like that and then eventually similar to Grand Theft Auto, which is another game that I don't like and have tried.

So I'll just have to wait and see, and see some screen shots and read more info.

I saw video of it and it has no elements of GTA. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You go from single cell to an advanced race with space capabilities, and even later in the game you can go to other solar systems.

Red Superfly
Sims meets Command and Conquer meets Black and White meets Pokemon meets Destroy all humans meets Sim City.

Best game ever?

Lana
Looks like the sort of game I'd get hopelessly addicted to big grin

General Kaliero
I saw the video of this, and my jaw dropped continuously.

All the different gameplay styles are borrowed from the type of games that I normally am not interested in, but everything is combined so flawlessly here that I REALLY want this game...

Koala MeatPie
Link To Video Anybody?

Red Superfly
Google Video it.

Great Vengeance
Meh, I dont think this game will live up to the enormous hype...but if it turns out good than Ill be pleasantly suprised.

Koala MeatPie
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8372603330420559198&q=Spore&pl=true

He said "other players" "internet".... umm. Hopefully No Monthly Fee.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8372603330420559198&q=Spore&pl=true

He said "other players" "internet".... umm. Hopefully No Monthly Fee.

It's possible, but I don't think so and here's why:

Also in the video he says something like the game connects to the internet and downloads other players worlds into yours and the computer takes over based on how those players have been playing.

I don't think you actually play against live players, more like their ghosts.

Koala MeatPie
I was thnking that afterwards.

If this game is as good as he shows it to be, each player will craft many planets, many star systems, at that ppoint "Hundred of thousands" of worlds will not be enough for a Galaxy, Hopefully he won't break the "mood" of the game and add servers, just you could zoom out even more and visit OTHER galaxies / Clusters.

Sith Master X
I remember hearing about this game a year ago. It looked awesome.

MadMel
Originally posted by Lana
Looks like the sort of game I'd get hopelessly addicted to big grin
laughing out loud...yah i heard bout this a while ago..

Koala MeatPie
New Movies:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/spore/media.html?sid=6150547&autoplay=6150547

MUCH more depth to the game.

crazy_shadow
funny how this thread did not show up in my search engine. I always use it to find threads to see if they have already been created...

Spore is said to be "the best game ever created" ...I BELIEVE IT!!!!!!

Spartan005
I'm definetely getting this game when it comes out... it kinda looks like World of Warcraft in the creature stage, than Sim City, and than a Command and Conquer kinda game... sort of

LanceWindu
All these different types of games put together, it's going to be huge.

crazy_shadow
populous too eek! POPULOUS KICKS ASS

InnerRise
Originally posted by LanceWindu
All these different types of games put together, it's going to be huge.

When you say that you remind me of Donald Trump.

"It's gonna be HHHUUGGGEEE"

crazy_shadow
I read a FAQ on the game, and it says you can make your creature from the size of a hamster to the size of an elephant!!

crazy_shadow
sad Will Wright said that Spore may be released 2007 march - April ....cry OMFG I CAN'T WAIT A WHOLE YEAR

Spartan005
New Spore Trailers!!!! http://media.pc.ign.com/media/735/735340/vids_1.html droolio

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by Spartan005
New Spore Trailers!!!! http://media.pc.ign.com/media/735/735340/vids_1.html droolio

they already existed big grin . just ign took good parts from big videos and threw em into lil ones.

Spartan005
Oh... well they still kick ass eek!

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by Spartan005
Oh... well they still kick ass eek! any spore video does!! eek!

the new trailer with the UFO is actually the view of the last years version of the game. notice this years E3 spore had a different view? stick out tongue

MadMel
looking foward to this game now big grin....eek!..im right now thinking of different creatures to make droolio...

MadMel
Originally posted by MadMel
looking foward to this game now big grin....eek!..im right now thinking of different creatures to make droolio...

crazy_shadow
=) I have my idea already.

Just gotta wait till April cry

MadMel
its june over here already laughing out loud....
question...can you get this for the wii...if so, galaxy beware evil face

Koala MeatPie
question...can you get this for the wii...if so, galaxy beware evil face

As far as I'm concerned its a PC only Game. (mostly due to the Online auto Updates etc etc etc)

Also, Its an Auto-Balancing game, taking in content from other players VIA internet, an indirect, unreal time MMO, which seem to be only on PC so far. So galaxy be Ware? There is always something that will be able to kill you, you never have total dominance.

PCs own.

MadMel
1. was joking...thats why i had that smilie there..
2. fine by me...but the wii also has auto updates even if the system is turned off....confused

Koala MeatPie
1. was joking...thats why i had that smilie there..
2. fine by me...but the wii also has auto updates even if the system is turned off....confused

no, I mean, I know that Wii Is connected to the internet and all, it just seems a bit "not to be done", I'm not sure iof it has a ahrd drive or not, but each new Generation of Consoles resembles mroe and more the PC, In a few generations, they will be the exaqct same thing, only with less Possibilites for content as PCs.

heck, Look at the PS2, Keyboard, Mouse, Hard Drive installations....

crazy_shadow
question...can you get this for the wii...if so, galaxy beware evil face i ment april....2007

MadMel
wah??...its supposed to be realease later this year, not next....oh wait, you have christmas in july...or something like that..

InnerRise
wah??...its supposed to be realease later this year, not next....oh wait, you have christmas in july...or something like that..
What the hell?

crazy_shadow
wah??...its supposed to be realease later this year, not next....oh wait, you have christmas in july...or something like that.. no....an interview asked Will Wright"When do you plan on Spore being released?" and HE (WILL WRIGHT) said "more and likely 2007 april - june"

MadMel
hmm...that not what i heard..sad....this magazine says september onwards..oh well....all will be revealed...or maybe i regain my sanity..who knows..

InnerRise
It will be released sometime next year in 2007.

MadMel
no! i cant wait that long..cry

crazy_shadow
no! i cant wait that long..cry i couldn't at first either, but i kinda chilled from it...so now i can stick out tongue

MadMel
hmm suppose..

MadMel
BUMP
ok...updates:
1. there is a very solid chance of spore comming to consoles and handhelds, including mobile phones..wii and DS could make very good use of the editors in my opinion..
2. there will be cross console sharing..eg.. ps3 and phone..

IceJaw
Originally posted by crazy_shadow
i couldn't at first either, but i kinda chilled from it...so now i can stick out tongue

MadMel
BUMP
few more vis at ign..http://media.pc.ign.com/media/735/735340/vids_1.html

crazy_shadow
BUMP
few more vis at ign..http://media.pc.ign.com/media/735/735340/vids_1.html yeah saw those a few days ago. was looking 4 this thread so i could say something about it but nooo couldn't ifnd it stick out tongue

i want the game more again droolio

MadMel
SAME!!!! big grin big grin big grin big grin
GIMME!!!!! laughing out loud
since all the creatures people create will be on file online, i want to know whos creatures from kmc becaome part of my ecosystem..so what kind of creature are you gonna make? i wanna know big grin...

Darth Kreiger
The only thing I hate, is in an interview with the Creator, it says that to fully explore the game, it would take 64 Years, of non-stop(literally, no sleep, eat, bathroom) to explore every world, and "Complete" the game. It's too big, and I can't complete it, which saddens me sad /slashwrists

MadMel
lol!...i recon its good that it never ends...i like that kind of gaming, take black and white 2 for example..in a large level, itll take at least 2 weeks to get the main storyline missions done, and another few days to do the rest...anyways..Originally posted by MadMel
since all the creatures people create will be on file online, i want to know whos creatures from kmc becaome part of my ecosystem..so what kind of creature are you gonna make? i wanna know big grin...

Darth Kreiger
I have no problem with Never-Ending, you can still do more Scenarios than you can think of once you're in Species Creation from Space mode, but I don't like how I can't explore even a Fraction of the game in the 2-5 years I will likely play it

Burning thought
SAME!!!! big grin big grin big grin big grin
GIMME!!!!! laughing out loud

yeah this game is gonner ROCK!!!! anyway ime going to make a skinny alien, dark colours, like black and dark red, ime going to make mine look as evil as i can with dark buildings when i get to that stage with a lot of spikes, id also like to make a completly strange race with loads of arms and legs and such, sort of like a sausage with arms at top, and legs on bottom big grin

MadMel
ive got too many ideas!
i wanna recreate a werewolf laughing out loud
i also wanna create and 9 ft tall bipedal lizard (very similar to a hork bajir, animorph readers wink ) with 4 arms each with baraka-like blades, with kashyyk-like buildings!! big grin..im way too hyped up over this game laughing..

Lyna303
hahahha....."get away from my eggs..." laughing

Darth Kreiger
I doubt you'll be able to make things like that as stated in the couple above postd

Burning thought
well if you can make care bears i should think with a few enhancements you can make a werewolf, its not that hard, loads of weird things have been made

Darth Kreiger
Maybe, no one actually knows anything about this game, that trailer didn't even show us the smallest percentage of the game

InnerRise
I know things about this game.

MadMel
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
Maybe, no one actually knows anything about this game, that trailer didn't even show us the smallest percentage of the game
have you seen any of the videos???..they all showed intersting footage and what cratures you can use, and yes the above creatures are very likely to be makeable..

InnerRise
have you seen any of the videos???..they all showed intersting footage and what cratures you can use, and yes the above creatures are very likely to be makeable..

Exactly.

crazy_shadow
i'm going to make...a walking soda can!!!

MadMel
i'm going to make...a walking soda can!!!
no expression.........
Originally posted by InnerRise
I know things about this game.

such as?

InnerRise
Such as things that I know. I don't owe you anything.

Step off of me son. Step the Fook back!

I'll slap a Kid today!!! If you make me.

crazy_shadow
i think im going to try and make the lion golem off of Enchanted Arms

MadMel
pic??
oh an i found pictures made by the development of spore...gimme a sec to find this..
bigfoot..if this can be made, a werewolf can be as well big grin
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e379/MadMel_1st/creature_12.jpg
featherump
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e379/MadMel_1st/creature_17.jpg
pill
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e379/MadMel_1st/creature_15.jpg
theres heaps more, just go to the media section of the spore official website..http://www.spore.com/screenshots.php

crazy_shadow
wow u can put a lot more detail into them then i thought

oh wow even looks like they decided to put fur and stuff for detail on the body smile

MadMel
the big foot also suggests that you can customise weapons and possibly armour in the village editor in tribe mode...

Darth Kreiger
I'm going to make a Human that evolves into a Giant Turkey(if possible)

MadMel
i dont think you can evolve the body much once your creature leaves the ocean...

MadMel
BUMP
i take back that last post..
once your creature has made babies youn can evolve the creture's body more when the egss hatch...but i think it'd have to be something similar or risk wasting your DNA points (=currency until tribe/city phase)
i just saw in one of the newer vids where you can basically destroy all life on a planet by terraforming it in some way..in this case, the UFO pulled 3 ice commets from space and made them crash into the planet, making the oceans flood the land..

IceJaw
Sounds cool, me likes ermm

InnerRise
BUMP
i take back that last post..
once your creature has made babies youn can evolve the creture's body more when the egss hatch...but i think it'd have to be something similar or risk wasting your DNA points (=currency until tribe/city phase)
i just saw in one of the newer vids where you can basically destroy all life on a planet by terraforming it in some way..in this case, the UFO pulled 3 ice commets from space and made them crash into the planet, making the oceans flood the land.. Yeah, it has been shown that when they have babies, you change and evolve them even more.

Where have you been? huh

is it comprehenisble.....

MadMel
couldn't download the vids before..too big...

InnerRise
I don't download. All the videos I've seen have just been streamed over the net.

MadMel
same..still was too big erm..

InnerRise
Do you use Dial up kid?

MadMel
nah full on braodband...it was so bloody slow tho..

crazy_shadow
my broadband has its up and downs....goodthing spore shouldn't matter what connection you have

InnerRise
my broadband has its up and downs....goodthing spore shouldn't matter what connection you have Ummm..Spore doesn't require any connection to play, except for the transfer of other's information into your game, but that's not mandatory kid. erm

nah full on braodband...it was so bloody slow tho..
Yeah, broadband can suck. Our college's Internet keeps going off periodically. My roommate cusses like crazy because of his World of Warcraft interruptions with the Internet going out.

Ha.

What comes around goes around sucker. It's what I say to myself as I'm smiling like a middle aged school girl with a training bra. youpi

MadMel
lol..
anyways...what do you think will be the best pasrt of spore..
for me, editors and blowing the crap outta thing in the space phase..

InnerRise
I think the part of actually being the creature and going around and surviving will be the best. I'm not looking forward to the society/village stage at all. I don't know how I'll feel about the spaceship and space travel parts.

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by InnerRise
Ummm..Spore doesn't require any connection to play, except for the transfer of other's information into your game, but that's not mandatory kid. erm

that's what i was talking about...i never said you had to have it did i :O just said good thing it dont matter what kind...so another words dont matter if you dont have one ^.^

InnerRise
When one says it doesn't matter what kind, that infers either one will suffice, meaning you use connections to play this game.

If you want to say a connection isn't necessary then you say, "Good thing you don't need a connection". Not "Good thing it doesn't matter which one you have."

MadMel
no need for an english lesson...ive had too many today already erm..

InnerRise
no need for an english lesson...ive had too many today already erm.. I didn't have English yesterday. wink

But I have it in an hour, so no lessons today........right now anyway.

MadMel
hmm.

J-Beowulf
My friend (Spartan 005) showed me this game... it looks fantastic!

MadMel
damn straight!

InnerRise
Watch the language. Spore is a kid friendly game.

MadMel
lol....
you weren't serious right?

InnerRise
lol....
you weren't serious right? Do I look serious? cry

MadMel
never....

MadMel
grrr...theres been no news since august last year...

InnerRise
This game isn't coming out til toward the end of this year.

Plenty of time for some more news to come out. Don't worry.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

MadMel
yeah shame...oh well...

K73SK
not near the end of the year O.o what's his face said it's official to be let out between march-june o.O

InnerRise
Nope.

MadMel
nah he said its not likely theyll meet that date, so he pushed it back to about november..

InnerRise
Are you getting it for the PC or Console?

MadMel
obviously PC
as awesome as it would be on the wii, the pc version will be much better..

InnerRise
Yeah, I agree.

General Kaliero
The PC Spore will be better for the following mods alone. Like Oblivion, the PC version is best simply because you can make it exactly what you want.

InnerRise
Originally posted by General Kaliero
The PC Spore will be better for the following mods alone. Like Oblivion, the PC version is best simply because you can make it exactly what you want. Do you know specifically what "following" mods?

What kind of Mods have you put into Oblivion?

How drastically do they really change the gaming experience? It's still really the same game right?

General Kaliero
No, I know nothing about any mods for Spore. All I can say is that they WILL come, and many of them WILL make the game somehow better.

As for the kinds of mods I've added to Oblivion... all sorts. A lot of retextures, some new models, race additions, mechanics changes (more realistic weather, AI, gameplay), and the occasional just plain fun mod like a portal to my own private corner of Oblivion (complete with demon servant).

And how drastically they change the game experience depends on the mod. Some will just be little things, others will affect how you play. With all the crap I've stuffed into it, I'm sure it's more modded material than original material now. I have retextures for people, buildings, and the overworld. And a ton of gameplay tweaks that just make the game exactly what I want to play.

InnerRise
Wow. I'm jelous now.

I didn't know that modding could be that extensive.

MadMel
trust me...read the jka thread laughing out loud

InnerRise
trust me...read the jka thread laughing out loud huh

IceJaw
Jedi Knight academy = jka, apparently.

MadMel
big grin..
once again the swede prove their intelligence big grin
..that wasnt an insult either..

InnerRise
Oh yeah.

Those abbreviations boy.

They're a toughie. ermm

K73SK
i don't think i would want the mods if they got them for this game erm...the game's perfect to me, can't make it any better...especially with mods What the f**k?

MadMel
yea thats what i thought..this game cant possibly get any better laughing out loud

InnerRise
Originally posted by K73SK
the game's perfect to me, can't make it any better You haven't even played the game yet, so it's NOTHING to you as of now.

Wait until you play to make such judgements.

MadMel
well at least they arent making a demo and distrracting themselves even more..

InnerRise
well at least they arent making a demo and distrracting themselves even more.. That extra "R" in "Distracting" is distracting me ahora mismo. no expression

Payback. doped

MadMel
damn you...

InnerRise
D@mn me...blush2

Cpt.Morgan
WOOHOOO spore comes out Oct. 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MadMel
proof??
not that im not believing you, we just need some kind of proof

Cpt.Morgan
proof you ask? i went to gamestop and asked for the release date and they told me oct. 1st =D

Lana
That's most likely not an official release date. Oftentimes when there's no actual date we'll be given a generic date around when they think the game will be released for the purpose of people reserving the game.

MadMel
what lana said no expression

Cpt.Morgan
i still think its gana be oct 1st =D

Lana
IGN has no date for it.

Plus stuff usually comes out on Tuesdays, and October 1st is a Monday.

Trust me, it's just a placeholder date to use for preorders until the actual date is released.

Barker
Pokemon came out on a Sunday.. 13

*Leaves.. 13*

Lana
Note I said "usually". Like how movies usually come out on Fridays. Most do but not all stick out tongue

MadMel
laughing out loud
a lot of movies come out Thursday here, cuz that day everything is cheap and the shops dont close till about 8 pm evil face

Puzzle
Note I said "usually". Like how movies usually come out on Fridays. Most do but not all stick out tongue

Star Wars are Wednesdays. 131

Barker
Note I said "usually". Like how movies usually come out on Fridays. Most do but not all stick out tongue stick out tongue
Originally posted by Puzzle
*were

MadMel
Originally posted by Puzzle
SW ROTS premiered here on a thursday 131

Cpt.Morgan
wow all that happens here monday-sunday

Barker
Originally posted by Barker
*were

*was 131

InnerRise
Originally posted by Barker
Pokemon came out on a Sunday.. 13

*Leaves.. 13* yes

laughing out loud
a lot of movies come out Thursday here, cuz that day everything is cheap and the shops dont close till about 8 pm evil face
I think Lana was referring to Movie released in Movie Theaters, although she didn't specify and wasn't clear so I could be wrong.

DVDs are usually released on Tuesdays anyways.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Tptmanno1
I might actually have to build a PC again so i can play this game...

MadMel
laughing out loud good on ya
i got my uncle to make mine just for this game....and black and white 2
anyways
inner - not here they dont 131

K73SK
hey madmel, my spore creatures will own yours. i'll download your planet, and then destroy it with my creatures, to see who's better 13

MadMel
yea whatever stick out tongue

K73SK
pwn cool

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/7682/zimk73skwe9.gif

Cpt.Morgan
xD hey Will i think mine will be better! ha i think i need to upgrade my comp to play it tho >.<

MadMel
laughing out loud @ both of you stick out tongue

Cpt.Morgan
hmm i think when that game comes out im going to take like 3 days off and play that nonstop xD ill be farther than all of you hahahaha

{{QS}}
Is this game PC exclusive because some-one told me it was going to be ported to the 360 and possibly the ps3?

RocasAtoll
I believe it will go to Consoles if it even ever gets to the shelves.

K73SK
they said all next-gen consoles, but seeing that ps3 is selling all their games to other companies and shit, it'll probably be put on ps2 instead of 3

MadMel
i thought it was olny confirmed for pc and DS

K73SK
i don't see why DS gets it and not wii or something lol

BackFire
Been pushed back until 2008

Morridini
Originally posted by BackFire
Been pushed back until 2008

Source?

Tattoo
Originally posted by Morridini
Source?

http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=16083 at the bottom of the article.

BackFire
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6170303.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0

Morridini
Awww, I was kinda hoping you had lost your mind for a sec. But no such luck sad

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>