The Astonishing X-Men versus Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Astonishing X-Men include:
Cyclops
Wolverine
Colossus
Emma Frost
Beast
Shadowcat

versus

Current Superman

-No prep time
-Setting: Xavier's mansion (for the sake of the battle, there are no defense mechanisms or anything at the mansion)

Who would win and what would happen?

smokin'

Lord Magnus
I don't know, but AXM is a darn good book. I'm subscribed.

The Ion
Shadowcat might be the only problem but that's only if he doesn't blitz her right off the bat. The rest get turned to paste.

Blair Wind
wat are u takin bout? wolberen wins clause kilb supearmen....

Lord Magnus
OK, I respect Shadowcat but she ain't no Superman. I don't get it. Explain to me how she could win.

id369
With enough stalling Ema could Mind Rape Supes.

Or all the Girls can Flash thier T*ts to the nerdy Supes

The Ion
Originally posted by Lord Magnus
OK, I respect Shadowcat but she ain't no Superman. I don't get it. Explain to me how she could win.
She couldn't but he could have some trouble touching her. Not for long though. She can be mentally exhausted by a high level attack.

The Ion
Originally posted by id369
With enough stalling Ema could Mind Rape Supes.

Or all the Girls can Flash thier T*ts to the nerdy Supes
They're better off with the titties option. It took Max Lord over a decade to break into Supes mind.

Based on titties, X-Men can take 1/10.

soleran30
Max Lord so what he sucked so bad compared to Emma he didn't even try for WW as well instead he got his neck adjustedsmile

Anyway SM for the win cuz nothing out thinks his speed in this group................or lol he picks up Wolverine and starts to use him like a bat since you know his skeleton cannot be brokensmile Supes uses Wolverine to beat his teammates into submissionsmile

The Ion
Despero couldn't break into Supes mind either and before you say he sucks his TP is better than both Martian Manhunter and Aquaman.

Wonder Woman also has an extremely high immunity to TP.

Blair Wind
Shadowcats natural state is intangible.....

id369
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Shadowcats natural state is intangible.....

Yeah but what can she besides get smaked around by Supes?

The Ion
Does she start fights that way? She nearly fainted taking the team intangible when they fought Danger.

soleran30
Originally posted by The Ion
Despero couldn't break into Supes mind either and before you say he sucks his TP is better than both Martian Manhunter and Aquaman.

Wonder Woman also has an extremely high immunity to TP.

Silly DC writers.............OF COURSE SM and WW are highly resistant to TP silly me................whatever just written that way to keep them from getting mudstomped just like with his new kryptonian mind training!

Anyway doesn't Shadowcat have a problem going through adamantium? If so like I said even if she is phased SM just grabs Wolverine and keeps swinging his body through her to make like hardsmile Heck maybe he uses Colossus and Wolverine to swing threw her body. This is such a mudstompsmile X-Men 1/10 if Superman forgets he has superspeed or heatvision and doesn't flash fry them allsmile

The Ion
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Don't know about Supes but WW always had TP resistance. Don't you think it'd be hard to mindrape somebody who was made from enchanted clay? confused

Blair Wind
to expand her "field" is different. She herself is intangible.....

SnakeEyes
I think you guys are really underestimating the X-Men here. You guys need to remember that this is a team and that Shadowcat isn't the only member. Wolverine, Cyclops and Beast should be able to find some purpose in the battle before getting obliterrated; while Colossus could probably hold off Supes for a while, long enough for Shadowcat and Emma to come up with something.
Superman could very well win, but the X-Men still have a chance.

Blair Wind
sorry but with those characters the faith your putting in them is flawed....none of them stand a chance and the only reason SC does is that he cant hurt her

soleran30
They do have a chance a chance in hell.................no seriously maybe 1 in 10 Superman doesn't carry Gladiator's super jobber aura as much. He traveled to the sun in what I forget 1 minute??????? Takes light almsot 7-8 minutes to reach earth........I mean he moves the moon with help he eats suns radiation for power! He fought with Asmodel and lived to tell the tale!

Juntai
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I think you guys are really underestimating the X-Men here. You guys need to remember that this is a team and that Shadowcat isn't the only member. Wolverine, Cyclops and Beast should be able to find some purpose in the battle before getting obliterrated; while Colossus could probably hold off Supes for a while, long enough for Shadowcat and Emma to come up with something.
Superman could very well win, but the X-Men still have a chance. Not really, when considering powers, Superman can turn them all into jelly quickly and with no resistance. Colossus couldn't take one of Superman's punches if he wasn't pulling them. A non pulled hit, not to be confused with a full force hit, from Superman can crack a moon in half. He can fight at lightspeed, faster than any of them can comprehend, let alone react to.
Its not that anyones UNDERestimating the X Men, it's that you're OVERestimating them.

Juntai
Originally posted by soleran30
They do have a chance a chance in hell.................no seriously maybe 1 in 10 Superman doesn't carry Gladiator's super jobber aura as much. He traveled to the sun in what I forget 1 minute??????? Takes light almsot 7-8 minutes to reach earth........I mean he moves the moon with help he eats suns radiation for power! He fought with Asmodel and lived to tell the tale! Went to the Sun AND BACK to Earth, while fighting Wonder Woman, in 1 minute and 54 seconds. A feat that would take like nearly 16 minutes... and light has no resistance.

The Ion
Meh

I still say their best bet is the titties option... That or show him the kids at the mansion so he would feel bad about killing them.

SnakeEyes
So would Emma's telepathy have an affect on Superman or not?

Juntai
So would Emma's telepathy have an affect on Superman or not? No, probably not, Despero failed right after dominating both Aquaman and Martian Manhunter at the same time, and both of them I think are out of Emma's league alone.
Superman has an "advanced Kryptonian mind", apperently beyond the norm.

cheap cabbage
Originally posted by Juntai
No, probably not, Despero failed right after dominating both Aquaman and Martian Manhunter at the same time, and both of them I think are out of Emma's league alone.
Superman has an "advanced Kryptonian mind", apperently beyond the norm.

Emma can only affect superman if she takes off her clothes. Barring a slim chance for her survival (on account of superman's inherent dickness), superman does to wolverine what ulitmate hulk did to him. and beats the rest of the x-men to death using wolverine body parts nunchucks.

http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/667/667856/ultimate-wolverine-vs-hulk-20051117010529051.jpg

Fonzie
I think there only chance would be if Emma could hold him off long enough with telepathy for Colossus to throw Wolverine fast enough to actually breaks Superman's skin...specifically on a fatal region such as the neck or directly in the chest...if that doesnt work, Superman kills them easily.

thumb up aaayyyyyeeeee! thumb up

cheap cabbage
Originally posted by Fonzie
I think there only chance would be if Emma could hold him off long enough with telepathy for Colossus to throw Wolverine fast enough to actually breaks Superman's skin...specifically on a fatal region such as the neck or directly in the chest...if that doesnt work, Superman kills them easily.

Colossus can't throw anything fast enough to pierce superman's biolectric aura. It's not matter, it's an energy field, so adamantium would have no affect. Colossus is barely class 100. Superman's been hit with nukes, planets, omega beams, black holes, and all manner of sharp pointy thngs. Guess what....no effect.

Glimmerone
Superman's Bio-aura is a byproduct of his body's cells, each of which are nigh-indestructable. The aura is energy coming forth from his irradiated cells.

Some people seem to think that the aura is like a forcefield that's separate from supes body, and just covers it from the outside, like those movies where a space ship is surround by a forcefield.

That's something that you just couldn't do, since supes natural kryptonian body when solar-charged(all his cells ) is his forcefield and their almost completely invulnerable.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Blair Wind
sorry but with those characters the faith your putting in them is flawed....none of them stand a chance and the only reason SC does is that he cant hurt her Yep. There is no feasible way the X-Men would win, none of them can hurt him. Shadowcat is the only one who stands a chance - not at winning - simply at surviving. The chance the X-Men have of winning is statistically negligible.

Fanboy
These guys suck Superman kills them all.

willRules
Did you search for this thread? cos it has been made before.........

spetznaz
Superman could very well win, but the X-Men still have a chance.

Actually the very act of debating a matchup between the X-men and Superman indicates one thing .....an OVERestimation of X-men abilities.
This is actually an overestimation of their abilities not an underestimation of them.

Why?

Because Superman is simply beyond their league.
What could Colossus do to him? Colossus is at 100 ton range .....that is a joke to Superman (as I showed on another thread current Superman was moving 24.7 quintillion tons .....note that one quintillion is a billion a billion times).
What could Wolverine do to him? His claws wouldn't even get past the bio-aura.
What could Emma do? She is a strong telepath, but Superman has encountered far more powerful telepaths. Moreover she would be speed-blitzed in a fraction of a second's fraction.
What could Cyclops do? Blast Superman with concussive beams? Superman took a point blank hit in JLA: Elite from characters that blew apart one of Neptune's moons, and a few moments later he was wiping that entire team out. Cyclops is a joke.

The only X-man who comes out of this is Shadowcat .......if she turns intangible before she is speed-blitzed (arguable, since Superman can move far faster than the speed of humanneuron transmission, thus he could have turned her into paste before she went ghost). Anyways, the only one with a chance is Shadowcat ....a chance to survive.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by The Ion
Shadowcat might be the only problem but that's only if he doesn't blitz her right off the bat. The rest get turned to paste.

She isn't strong enough to harm his Super dense cells IMO

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by spetznaz
Actually the very act of debating a matchup between the X-men and Superman indicates one thing .....an OVERestimation of X-men abilities.
This is actually an overestimation of their abilities not an underestimation of them.

Why?

Because Superman is simply beyond their league.
What could Colossus do to him? Colossus is at 100 ton range .....that is a joke to Superman (as I showed on another thread current Superman was moving 24.7 quintillion tons .....note that one quintillion is a billion a billion times).
What could Wolverine do to him? His claws wouldn't even get past the bio-aura.
What could Emma do? She is a strong telepath, but Superman has encountered far more powerful telepaths. Moreover she would be speed-blitzed in a fraction of a second's fraction.
What could Cyclops do? Blast Superman with concussive beams? Superman took a point blank hit in JLA: Elite from characters that blew apart one of Neptune's moons, and a few moments later he was wiping that entire team out. Cyclops is a joke.

The only X-man who comes out of this is Shadowcat .......if she turns intangible before she is speed-blitzed (arguable, since Superman can move far faster than the speed of humanneuron transmission, thus he could have turned her into paste before she went ghost). Anyways, the only one with a chance is Shadowcat ....a chance to survive.

Agreed .... Superman would able to rip Colossus up like he was a paper bag .... The only other thing that maybe able to hurt Supes, is that tactic when Colossus throws Wolverine at an opponent .... Wolverines claws have a Jobber aura surrounding them. This is undeniably true, as he has pierced the likes of King Thor and Silver Surfer. With the force of Colossus behind the jobber aura claws, they maybe able to penetrate Supes . Please note Supes would have to be severely distracted, for this to work. Maybe this is where the tities come into play ! smile

Fanboy
Originally posted by Fonzie

No they already tried this and Wovlerine died leaving a smoking skeleton the Sentinel was to fast for them.

Fanboy
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Agreed .... Superman would able to rip Colossus up like he was a paper bag .... The only other thing that maybe able to hurt Supes, is that tactic when Colossus throws Wolverine at an opponent .... Wolverines claws have a Jobber aura surrounding them. This is undeniably true, as he has pierced the likes of King Thor and Silver Surfer. With the force of Colossus behind the jobber aura claws, they maybe able to penetrate Supes . Please note Supes would have to be severely distracted, for this to work. Maybe this is where the tities come into play ! smile

The reason that happened was because it was removed by Doctor Strange the Odin force that would have protected Thor.

phase
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
She isn't strong enough to harm his Super dense cells IMO

No, but the earth might be! Seeing as she can start the battle in "phase", Supes can't do much to her! but wen she gets the chance and is able to touch supes then when supes is "ground phased" then "unphased" the earths atoms simply rip him apart from the inside due to electrostatic repulsion eek! Nice! Now, let's hear y that cant happen hmmm?

superman420sexy
You talk about him like he si going to stand still. She is not going to touch him, and even if she did he is not going to phase into the ground and stay there

roughrider
It's up to Kitty and Emma; the others are cannon fodder to hold off Supes for some minutes. If Kitty can do a phase attack, that can stun him; then it would be up to Emma to mindrape him, if she can. If not, Supes wins eventually.
AXM is a great book. I'm looking for more paperback collections of issues to keep up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.