marilyn Manson: Hate or love?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TigerEyes
Personally I think he's a genious, I love him, he's my life idol! I want to be him! actually I just want to meet him...or see him in person....

What are your thoughts?

SnakeEyes
Hate his music, not too fond of the person either...

TigerEyes
Now see I think his music is amasing. he's an amasing writter...adn he's the way he is too shock and distrub you which is what apeals to me!

Ronny
I like some of his stuff, but he creeps me out.. like.. badness

TigerEyes
wot a "lover" not a hater....I put lover in quotations cuz well you think he's creepy..but i probabaly would if i wasn't kinda creep like him.

SnakeEyes
I will admit I have not heard a whole lot of his music, but I've heard a few songs over the years (and one the other day) and I didn't seem to discover any of his genius...

Phat J
the whole shock thing losts it effect after the first year he was out, i read this thing in a mock news article that cracked me up

"marylin manson now going door to door trying to shock people"

it had a picture of him looking bored on someones doorstep laughing out loud

TigerEyes
well for your information....
I was reading his biography adn he didn't start the whole chock affect untila few years later....
and he's not a hobo...

StinkFist462
his biography is quite old..

and who said anything about him being a hobo?

the whole shock value has lost its touch. i used to like his music, a lot. now im just wondering what the hell i saw in him that i liked so much. give an example of his "amasing" writing. its all the same recycled bullshit. anti-god, drugs, sex. it gets old after a few songs. yet he has been doing it for half a dozen albums.

Phat J
i didnt mean he was homeless...it was a picture from inside of the house and he was on the doorstep trying to look shocking, i dunno, i thought it was funny. guess its one of "you had to be there" things.

TigerEyes
umm it's 5 ish years old...it came out late 1999, doesn't change the fact he wasn't going for the shock factor at first.
And even if it's recycled topics it's still good. and yah i know lately it's been covers, burt people are still afraid of him.

Victor Von Doom
Excrementitious.

StinkFist462
its not still good. Golden Age Of Grotesque is the worst album ive ever bought. Lots of things happen in 6 Years. The only mediocore album he's released is Antichrist Superstar. which wasnt really his work. Trent Reznor, im sure of this (based on the fact that every album before and after were utter trash), pretty much told him what to do.

i honestly dont see what people are arfriad of. its a really ugly skinny pale guy who wears make-up...

TigerEyes
he's gorgeous..lol just digging a deeper hole here....

StinkFist462
http://gxpmall.bizland.com/marilyn_manson2.jpg

thats sure "gorgeous"..

Victor Von Doom
Haha. The man is 6ft 1 and he weighs 10st.

BlackSunshine
Ok TigerEyes...why are you asking for peoples opinions and then getting all pissy and defensive when they say hes not all that great. Or if someone hates him they're stupid.

Sorry to dissappoint you but hes not that great at all. I mean he does have SOME good songs but most of them are covers of other bands. I can only think of a few of his songs that I actually like such as Lunchbox and Get Your Gunn. I will admit though Sweet Dreams was a pretty bad ass cover.

Victor Von Doom
That's charitable. The man is musically talentless.

Alpha Centauri
Jeordie White wrote all the Manson music, so there's no reason to like him unless you are liking his personality. In which case you're liking a man who began his career singing, poking fun at and attempting to terrorise the "beautiful people", only to end up becoming one.

Possibly the biggest hypocrite and faker in music.

-AC

Mišt
Some of his covers are ok, but the majority of his songs are crappy remakes. I like his Tainted Love remake, sounds way better than the old crusty version.

Imaginary
Ergh, no Manson for me please.

BackFire
He's the Puff Daddy of rock, I hate him and his gimiicky horseshit.

Grimm Reaper
He's alright, I like his music and couldn't care less for all these "rumours" about him. Haven't heard much but he's not bad.

Roulette
Well, I went through a stage when I loved his music..I listened to his songs all time...but now, I don't really listen to his songs at all. I still like them, just, eh...I guess I found better artists/bands to listen to.

BlackSunshine
^ Have to agree. When I was about 16 or 17 I thought he was "god" I very rarely listen to his music now. Besides, theres better stuff out there to listento nowadays.

Sir Whirlysplat
He's Shit

BobbyD
Neither...he's boring as heck. sleep

FistOfThe North
Hip Hop lyrics to the song "Can-I-Bus" - Piece about M. Manson.

"You should put me in the same category you would put Marylin Manson in"
"Buggin like a satanic evangelist"

"Joggin butt-naked, down Sunset boulevard, in Los Angeles.."
- Canibus

I like M. Manson cause he looks like he just doesn't give a ****., basically.

Alpha Centauri
That's the problem, Fist. He does actually give a f*ck, hence why he has changed so often. Not because he wants to, but because he realised that the only people "offended" by his attitude were uptight religious bible bashers who love to make a fuss and.....well just those.

Nobody worth while was actually offended or shocked.

-AC

Phat J
ive been grossed out a couple times

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
That's the problem, Fist. He does actually give a f*ck, hence why he has changed so often. Not because he wants to, but because he realised that the only people "offended" by his attitude were uptight religious bible bashers who love to make a fuss and.....well just those.

Nobody worth while was actually offended or shocked.

-AC

Well he probably might give a ****, but what i'm saying is that he looks like he doesn't, i mean look at him. He literally looks like a psychotic satanic type of wacko, lol. I love it.

And I've never noticed that he's changed so often, appeareance-wise unless you're talking about his lyrics. I well know about his controversy but I never listened to his lyrics so that may be what you're talking about because he still looks like the M. Manson i've been seeing for years now.

Roulette
Originally posted by BlackSunshine
^ Have to agree. When I was about 16 or 17 I thought he was "god" I very rarely listen to his music now. Besides, theres better stuff out there to listento nowadays.

yesyup, there sure is.

heh...you were just like me...went through some sort of phase.

TigerEyes
wow so many basher...
but anyhoo.. to the guy who said jeordie wrote all the manson songs..well he wasn't part of the band for atleast 3 years, and isn't anymore...so manson had to write a huge chunk of songs.

But now what have heard about him rumor wise?
Beside the remove ribs to suck his own dick (NOT TRUE)
that he was a girl (NOT TRUE)

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by TigerEyes
wow so many basher...
but anyhoo.. to the guy who said jeordie wrote all the manson songs..well he wasn't part of the band for atleast 3 years, and isn't anymore...so manson had to write a huge chunk of songs.

But now what have heard about him rumor wise?
Beside the remove ribs to suck his own dick (NOT TRUE)
that he was a girl (NOT TRUE)

No, all Manson's "best" work was written by Jeordie. It was still shit so that says something to you.

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Well he probably might give a ****, but what i'm saying is that he looks like he doesn't, i mean look at him. He literally looks like a psychotic satanic type of wacko, lol. I love it.

And I've never noticed that he's changed so often, appeareance-wise unless you're talking about his lyrics. I well know about his controversy but I never listened to his lyrics so that may be what you're talking about because he still looks like the M. Manson i've been seeing for years now.

There's nothing sick or satanic about him. I don't know why people get that impression.

-AC

TigerEyes
Originally posted by StinkFist462
http://gxpmall.bizland.com/marilyn_manson2.jpg

thats sure "gorgeous"..
right pick the worst picture.....
no more like this.....

TigerEyes
No, all Manson's "best" work was written by Jeordie. It was still shit so that says something to you.

There's nothing sick or satanic about him. I don't know why people get that impression.

-AC
well personally Anti Christ superstar was the best lbum (All written by Manson and Twiggy! but mostly Manson)
The next best album was Mechanical animals....and based on my information...not alot there was written by Jeordie either....

Alpha Centauri
Mostly Manson? That was a deduction you came up with alone, because it was Jeordie.

Your information is BS. Jeordie wrote all Manson's most acclaimed (if you can call it that) work. Trent was also there on hand for a couple of them.

When left to his own devices he produces shit like The Golden Age of Grotesque.

-AC

TigerEyes
hmm... well in your mind if the songs Jeordie wrote are the most famous or whatevr then so be it..but I disagree.

And alot of them weren't. Take a look at his greastest hits album, This is the new shit, Lunch box, Tourniquet, and the list goes on weren't written by Joerdie. Yes he did have a huge chunk of them but...it's manson.

And When you're accept by Antoine LaVey ( WHo by the way is the creator of the church of satan) there has to be some satanic apeal to you...well not some, ALOT!

Alpha Centauri
No, it's not a matter of disagree. Jeordie wrote most of Manson's music. That's fact.

Manson wrote This Is the New Shit, proves my point. Jeordie wrote all of Manson's most famous songs, he wrote most of the music since he entered the band. It's not a matter of you not agreeing, it's fact.

Second, I never said he wasn't interested in satanism, I said he's not satanic. He's spent years contriving a false image.

-AC

TigerEyes
well no..it isn't false, cuz well he was a messed up child, he ws molested by his neighbour...and his grandfather was a sex addict, adn well he believe he was the anti-christ cuz his stupid christian school teacher was a freak...he was messed up but didn't start to show it physically or in appearence until well his adulthood.

TigerEyes
But hey..I'm give up argueing about what he wrote or didn't write, or his satanic worship/image whatever. I just wanted to see if there was still a large fan base or not...
SO thanks to those who put in an answer.

BlackSunshine
Why did you make this thread to begin with if you wanted to see if he still has a fan base? Go to his websit.....duh. You just pretty much made this to try to tell everybody here that you know EVERYTHING about Manson when you truly don't, obviously. Check your refrences before you start arguing about something that you know nothing about.

Victor Von Doom
She's only 15 though. How many of us can say we had impeccable music taste at that age, or even now for that matter?

There's still time, and I don't mean that to sound patronising.

BlackSunshine
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
She's only 15 though. How many of us can say we had impeccable music taste at that age, or even now for that matter?

Yeah you're right. I guess I should back off.

TigerEyes
OK WTH does my age have to do with anything. You might disagree with my taste but I also LOVE QUEEN! and The Who and many other oldies band with amasing music. God!

BlackSunshine
Everybody has those bands that they like or love now but will soon, in time, hate. I love Queen and The Who. I used to love Marilyn Manson. Now I don't care for him anymore. Everybody goes through "phases". I sure as hell did. I'm sure I'm not alone. If you think that you won't grow out of that phase you're in right now. Just wait and see. It might not happen today or 3 years down the road. But it will happen someday.

MildPossession
I use to listen to the bands' music a lot, but now I don't listen to it as much, still love the odd songs, especially off Mechanical Animals, and Holywood. Looking forwards to seeing what direction the new album goes that is suppose to come out this year, i heard.

TigerEyes
yup new album due out september of this year he starts to tour in....early 2007. I CANT WAIT FOR THE TOUR> I'm going....!

Victor Von Doom
OK WTH does my age have to do with anything. You might disagree with my taste but I also LOVE QUEEN! and The Who and many other oldies band with amasing music. God!

See BlackSunshine's answer.

15 isn't the age at which you make the choices that you will stay with throughout your life. In some cases you might, but 15 is still relatively early in life. You will live through more periods, and you will gain different appreciations.

TigerEyes
but it's age discrimination...I'm 15 adn love mm for so long that i doubt it will stop. I might kno everything about my life yet but I know what i like!

Victor Von Doom
but it's age discrimination...I'm 15 adn love mm for so long that i doubt it will stop. I might kno everything about my life yet but I know what i like!

It's not age discrimination, it's the benefit of experience. We have (mostly) all been 15, so we know how you feel AND how we feel now.

All you can do is guess how you might feel.

For all I know you might still like him when you're 30.

I was saying opinions change, and you are still young. That's all.

You are, and they do.

BlackSunshine
Thanks Victor.. I wasnt trying to be mean...I was proving a point.

MetallicaT
i don't care for his music all that much, but i like him...I've seen him on dinner for five, and a couple other interview shows, he came across as a really intelligent guy to me...

cool_dudes_rule
i cant really say he is that good but i do like some songs but i cant say that im a fan.

Eis

BS, her taste in music sucks, IMO but her age has NOTHING to do with it.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
BS, her taste in music sucks, IMO but her age has NOTHING to do with it.
You jsut say that cause you are 15. Personally my Taste in Music changed since I was 15...well it didn't change really the focus just shifted a little. I learned of new bands and such.....

But is that even the pouit VVD was making?

Alpha Centauri
Well you were born in 91, so I suppose we can chalk up you liking Coldplay to inexperience then.

Or did you independently choose to like those dullards?

-AC

Eis
Originally posted by Bardock42
You jsut say that cause you are 15. Personally my Taste in Music changed since I was 15...well it didn't change really the focus just shifted a little. I learned of new bands and such.....

But is that even the pouit VVD was making?
I'm not 15, I'm 14. stick out tongue
And I'm not saying it doesn't change, of course it does but for better or for worse.

He was basically saying "after all she is 15." At least that's what I got from his post.

Eis
Well you were born in 91, so I suppose we can chalk up you liking Coldplay to inexperience then.

Or did you independently choose to like those dullards?

-AC
I've heard all kinds of music and all kinds of bands. erm

And I don't really choose to like them, I just do.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, exactly.

His point was that at 15 it's not uncommon to have a few likes that are shit, you do grow out of certain artists as you get older. She may not, she may, who knows? The point he made was at this point it's sort of able to be overlooked being that she's 15.

I could quite easily turn your argument on you and say that because you're 14 you'll grow up and like better music than Coldplay or that your liking of said band is excuseable because you're 14.

-AC

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
I'm not 15, I'm 14. stick out tongue
And I'm not saying it doesn't change, of course it does but for better or for worse.

He was basically saying "after all she is 15." At least that's what I got from his post.

Right, I did the math....and I did it wrong....my bad.

Hmm you ight be right, although judging from the post prior to VVDs I figured he wasn't talkign jsut aboot Musical Taste but also aboot Musicla Knowledge...I might be wrong though

Eis
Yeah, exactly.

His point was that at 15 it's not uncommon to have a few likes that are shit, you do grow out of certain artists as you get older. She may not, she may, who knows? The point he made was at this point it's sort of able to be overlooked being that she's 15.

I could quite easily turn your argument on you and say that because you're 14 you'll grow up and like better music than Coldplay or that your liking of said band is excuseable because you're 14.

-AC
You have shit likes at ALL ages, sometimes you grow out of them sometimes you don't.
If you think Coldplay sucks then my taste in music must suck, my age is irrelevant.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Eis
You have shit likes at ALL ages, sometimes you grow out of them sometimes you don't.

So why did you call VVD's post BS? He said that exact same thing.

"She's only 15 though. How many of us can say we had impeccable music taste at that age, or even now for that matter?"

He then followed it by saying how she may grow out of Manson, she may not, but the fact remains that people's change taste as they do get older, some more dramatically than others. She's still young.

I suggest you read posts first.

-AC

Eis
So why did you call VVD's post BS? He said that exact same thing.

"She's only 15 though. How many of us can say we had impeccable music taste at that age, or even now for that matter?"

He then followed it by saying how she may grow out of Manson, she may not, but the fact remains that people's change taste as they do get older, some more dramatically than others. She's still young.

I suggest you read posts first.

-AC
What I'm saying is "She is only 15 though." is not an excuse. Her taste in music sucks, period.

(I edited my previous reply)

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Eis
What I'm saying is "She is only 15 though." is not an excuse. Her taste in music sucks, period.

(I edited my previous reply)

First, you don't have shit likes at ALL ages, you just never have impeccable music taste. I don't have any shit likes, I have likes that some people would say "Not all that", EG: Lacuna Coil, Trivium. They're not shit bands, but they're by far not my greatest likes or loves, or great bands. They're just good bands I enjoy. People at younger ages aren't as appreciative of what's great and what's not. There's no debating that. If a 35 year old music fan with seemingly flawless taste came out and said "I liked MC Hammer when I was a kid", what would you say? Would you say his entire taste is shit? If the answer is yes then your rationale is idiotic, if the answer is no then it's likely because he was a kid and have therefore rendered your whole argument useless.

You liking Coldplay doesn't mean your taste in music is shit, it means you like a shit band in my opinion. If you like all shit bands in my opinion, then you have shit taste...in my opinion. It's also more passable because you're 14. If you were say 18 or over it'd be a different story.

Her liking Manson and loads of other shit bands means that in my opinion, she has shit taste. However, due to her age (she's young) it's quite a likely possibility that as she matures, so will her taste. It may very well not, but it might possibly.

Your logic is not even flawed, it's just not there. What are you trying to debate? You think her music taste sucks, so do I. What? The point we're all making is that at 15 you don't have "impeccable" music taste, if ever, that occurs later in life.

-AC

Eis
First, you don't have shit likes at ALL ages, you just never have impeccable music taste. I don't have any shit likes, I have likes that some people would say "Not all that", EG: Lacuna Coil, Trivium. They're not shit bands, but they're by far not my greatest likes or loves, or great bands. They're just good bands I enjoy. People at younger ages aren't as appreciative of what's great and what's not. There's no debating that. If a 35 year old music fan with seemingly flawless taste came out and said "I liked MC Hammer when I was a kid", what would you say? Would you say his entire taste is shit? If the answer is yes then your rationale is idiotic, if the answer is no then it's likely because he was a kid and have therefore rendered your whole argument useless.

You liking Coldplay doesn't mean your taste in music is shit, it means you like a shit band in my opinion. If you like all shit bands in my opinion, then you have shit taste...in my opinion. It's also more passable because you're 14. If you were say 18 or over it'd be a different story.

Her liking Manson and loads of other shit bands means that in my opinion, she has shit taste. However, due to her age (she's young) it's quite a likely possibility that as she matures, so will her taste. It may very well not, but it might possibly.

Your logic is not even flawed, it's just not there. What are you trying to debate? You think her music taste sucks, so do I. What? The point we're all making is that at 15 you don't have "impeccable" music taste, if ever, that occurs later in life.

-AC
I'm having a hard time making myself clear.
You may like shit bands at any point in your life, the thread's starter taste in music sucks but her being 15 is not an excuse, it sucks.

If that 35 year old with a great taste in music I would tell him that at one point in his life his music taste sucked.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Eis
You may like shit bands at any point in your life, the thread's starter taste in music sucks but her being 15 is not an excuse, it sucks.

If that 35 year old with a great taste in music I would tell him that at one point in his life his music taste sucked.

Yes, and why do you think it sucked at THAT point? The point when he was a young kid? Because when you are young you are more susceptible to lesser music, as she is right now.

Your argument isn't holding any water.

-AC

Bardock42
Yes, and why do you think it sucked at THAT point? The point when he was a young kid? Because when you are young you are more susceptible to lesser music, as she is right now.

Your argument isn't holding any water.

-AC

Well the thing is if the 35 year old with flawless taste will like Marilyn Manson with 70 again his Music Taste at 70 sucks too...the problem though is that we, as humans, can only know the music taste of a person in the past and the present. So the point it not that the music taste sucks cause she is young, it just sucks cause it sucks. It might change to better otr worse..but if it's worse with 35 it still sucks, not because she is 35 now but because the Music she listens to just plain sucks.

MetallicaT
its all opinion, who gives a ****...you guys are making way to big a deal out of this

Bardock42
Originally posted by MetallicaT
its all opinion, who gives a ****...you guys are making way to big a deal out of this

Hmm, well it is an interesting topic

MetallicaT
maybe her being canadian has something to do with it too? erm

Alpha Centauri
Why is it such a difficult point to get? Do you believe her music taste sucks? Apparantly. Do I? Yes.

What Eis seemed to miss is the fact that VVD used her age because nobody, at 15 (or ever, but especially young ages) has impeccable music taste so there's no point slaying her over it. She may get better taste as she matures, she may not. Who knows and/or gives a shit?

That's all there is to it.

-AC

Bardock42
Originally posted by MetallicaT
maybe her being canadian has something to do with it too? erm

What the f**k?

Why is it such a difficult point to get? Do you believe her music taste sucks? Apparantly. Do I? Yes.

What Eis seemed to miss is the fact that VVD used her age because nobody, at 15 (or ever, but especially young ages) has impeccable music taste so there's no point slaying her over it. She may get better taste as she matures, she may not. Who knows and/or gives a shit?

That's all there is to it.

-AC
Yeah, I see the arguement I jsut don't think that theres a reason why 15 year olds should not have superior taste or almost flawless taste (now that'S not in anyway measurable and doesn't exist, but jsut for this arguement). I think her bei ng 15 doesn't mean that she can't have good taste. And that it somehow makes it better that she does have rather shitty taste.

Alpha Centauri
You're reaching that last conclusion all on your own.

Being 15 doesn't mean she can't have good taste, nobody is saying that. What's being said is that nobody has IMPECCABLE taste, much less at a young age.

Let's push forward a revolutionary idea: If everybody reads a post multiple times before replying they won't get as confused.

-AC

Mišt
Bah, I liked Manson, got older, got bored of him. I dont really see how he appeals musically to anyone over 18, unless your into the whole goth phase...

Bardock42

Being 15 doesn't mean she can't have good taste, nobody is saying that. We're saying that nobody has IMPECCABLE taste, much less at a young age.

Let's push forward a revolutionary idea: If everybody reads a post multiple times before replying you won't get as confused.

-AC

I guess I will just say yes now.....although I disagree with the "much less at a young age".

Alpha Centauri
What's to disagree on?

You think a 10 year old should have the taste of a 35 year old music critic? Younger age means lesser taste, not shit taste, lesser taste. You weed it out over maturity as you hear more and more music. The less music you know, the less you like. In younger years, unless you've got a family member who introduces you to stuff you wouldn't otherwise have heard, then all you have is the tv and radio, which is largely shit.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
Marilyn Manson licks turd.

KharmaDog
What's to disagree on?

You think a 10 year old should have the taste of a 35 year old music critic? Younger age means lesser taste, not shit taste, lesser taste. You weed it out over maturity as you hear more and more music. The less music you know, the less you like. In younger years, unless you've got a family member who introduces you to stuff you wouldn't otherwise have heard, then all you have is the tv and radio, which is largely shit.

-AC

So by that reasoning are you admitting that your musical taste is of a lesser quality than that of a 35 year old? I was following you until you made that statement. I believe you were saying that a broader exposure to music naturally affects your growth and appreciating of the artform (correct me if I am mistaken), but that last comment threw me for a bit of a loop.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by KharmaDog
So by that reasoning are you admitting that your musical taste is of a lesser quality than that of a 35 year old? I was following you until you made that statement. I believe you were saying that a broader exposure to music naturally affects your growth and appreciating of the artform (correct me if I am mistaken), but that last comment threw me for a bit of a loop.

No, you've confused it.

Bardock said he disagrees that very young people tend to have lesser music taste because they "shouldn't have to" have bad taste as a result of being young. I agree, but nobody was saying that. I said nobody has impeccable taste, much less so at a younger age. Bardock disagreed when there was nothing for him to disagree with. He was getting at the point that young people have no excuse for having shit taste. My point in comparing the ages was that a 35 year old music critic has a vast music knowledge due to age and experience. At 10 years old, regardless of his now great taste, he probably didn't have great taste. He probably has SOME shit taste, infact it's a certainty. It proves that with time comes more knowledge and with more knowledge comes a better self-knowledge and maturity in what you do and don't like, in what you do and do not think is great.

VVD's original point was (I think): She's 15 and at 15 it's excusable to have a musical taste that isn't impeccable, or even good, really. She may continue to like Manson when she's 30, she may not. As it stands, she's 15 and there's time for her musical scope to grow.

You don't know at 15 what you know at 20, 30 or 40. The younger you are, the less you know. So if she continues to learn, there is a possibility she'll look back and realise she made a bad call with Manson. She may not, but who cares? She has in my opinion, shit music taste. She's also 15 so as he said, there's still time.

I seriously don't understand the complexity. It was a simple point that everyone has just hit a wall with.

-AC

Eis

Being 15 doesn't mean she can't have good taste, nobody is saying that. What's being said is that nobody has IMPECCABLE taste, much less at a young age.

Let's push forward a revolutionary idea: If everybody reads a post multiple times before replying they won't get as confused.

-AC
That makes sense but technically it all comes down to how much music you've heard rather than how old you are.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, and how old you are often ties in with how much music you've heard. She'll have heard a lot more in her mature years than she has now, hence the comment "There's still time."

I fail to see why a post everyone should have understood has turned into two pages worth of explaining what it meant.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
What the? The thread has gone haywire.

Eis- you are young yourself, so I imagine you have skydived the gun.

I was simply making this point- at age 15 there is still a lot of room to grow. Who here can say they had heard all the music they like now, when they were 15? Who can say they liked all the same bands they did then, now? Marilyn Manson's music and image relate to a particular audience, which was partially my reasoning.

It was also the fact that she's a 15 year old girl. We can all sit here and be disingenuous about maturity and what have you, but I thought it seemed a little bit of an ask to expect her to have researched the music she likes fully, and whatever else was contained in the post to which I originally replied.

When I was younger I thought Kurt Cobain was one of the best guitar players around, and I would have probably claimed the same.

I'm sure when we were 15 we'd have liked to have reached our full capacities, but being older I'm sure we can all agree that if we were still at the same level we were aged 15, it'd be pretty depressing.

Eis
Yeah, and how old you are often ties in with how much music you've heard. She'll have heard a lot more in her mature years than she has now, hence the comment "There's still time."

I fail to see why a post everyone should have understood has turned into two pages worth of explaining what it meant.

-AC
Usually, but not always, yes.

What the? The thread has gone haywire.

Eis- you are young yourself, so I imagine you have skydived the gun.

I was simply making this point- at age 15 there is still a lot of room to grow. Who here can say they had heard all the music they like now, when they were 15? Who can say they liked all the same bands they did then, now? Marilyn Manson's music and image relate to a particular audience, which was partially my reasoning.

It was also the fact that she's a 15 year old girl. We can all sit here and be disingenuous about maturity and what have you, but I thought it seemed a little bit of an ask to expect her to have researched the music she likes fully, and whatever else was contained in the post to which I originally replied.

When I was younger I thought Kurt Cobain was one of the best guitar players around, and I would have probably claimed the same.

I'm sure when we were 15 we'd have liked to have reached our full capacities, but being older I'm sure we can all agree that if we were still at the same level we were aged 15, it'd be pretty depressing.
I get it.

The whole argument was idiotic, and I do realize it was my fault but I just didn't want to be painted with the same brush than TigerEyes, I've heard all kinds of music and the kinds of music I like, I like because I do, not because I haven't reached my full capacity. (music-wise)

*EDIT: I'm not sure "skydived the gun" means. Please VVD, explain.

Alpha Centauri
He'll be here all day.

(Joking, but I think he was using an exaggerated form of the term "Jumped the gun". Which, incase you ask what that means, is to say you got too ahead of yourself.)

-AC

Eis
He'll be here all day.

(Joking, but I think he was using an exaggerated form of the term "Jumped the gun". Which, incase you ask what that means, is to say you got too ahead of yourself.)

-AC
laughing out loud

Figured it meant something like that...

*edit: why did you edit it?

Alpha Centauri
Just seemed more effective, shorter.

-AC

Eis
Just seemed more effective, shorter.

-AC
I liked it the other way better.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you sign your posts?

Cinemaddiction
The truest form of artistry I can think of.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
The truest form of artistry I can think of.

Don't get that one.

vintageSW77
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=425851&from=thread&pagenumber=1#post7585332

Two of Mansons chicks

To end a domestic disagreement
Thank You

Pandemoniac
I like Marilyn Manson's music, but it's not something I put on repeat. Very ingenious music anyhow, nice to listen to while doing the dishes (get's it done real fast) and quite inspirational while drawing. Also improves defensive driving techniques!

vintageSW77
Yeah but more importantly(!)
Who do u think is the hottest Manson chick??

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=425851&from=thread&pagenumber=1#post7585332

SelphieT
I can't get enough of their first CD, Portrait of An American Family.

So much true hate, I love it. Can't get enough. Wish their new stuff was as good.

Punkyhermy
he's disgusting.erm

SelphieT
Originally posted by Punkyhermy
he's disgusting.erm

He's a total loser now. But I did like him in their "spooky kids" era.

Impediment
I think that Portrait of an American Family and Antichrist Superstar are classic albums. I listen to them quite often.

As for Mechanical Animals and any album after, not to mention his entire catalogue of covers, since he can't write an original song anymore, I really don't care for. I like a few songs from certain albums, but all-in-all I could care less about him now.

Alpha Centauri
You mean you couldn't care less.

-AC

SelphieT
Originally posted by Impediment
I think that Portrait of an American Family and Antichrist Superstar are classic albums. I listen to them quite often.

As for Mechanical Animals and any album after, not to mention his entire catalogue of covers, since he can't write an original song anymore, I really don't care for. I like a few songs from certain albums, but all-in-all I could care less about him now.

Yeah, he was touring with Slayer, and I couldn't believe he was the damn headlining band. So after Slayer, we stuck around just to see this fool, and it was pretty sad. He's just so lame and dumb lately.

"I drink absinthe everyday" Man, what an idiot. Van Gough cut his ear off when he was doing that shit. STUPID.

Impediment

-AC

Ah, yes. Thank you. embarrasment

Bardock42
Originally posted by SelphieT
Yeah, he was touring with Slayer, and I couldn't believe he was the damn headlining band. So after Slayer, we stuck around just to see this fool, and it was pretty sad. He's just so lame and dumb lately.

"I drink absinthe everyday" Man, what an idiot. Van Gough cut his ear off when he was doing that shit. STUPID. Absinthe got a much, much worse name than it deserves.

Violent2Dope
Manson is a f*ckin weirdo, tho some of his shit is alright.

Nellinator

-AC http://www.fstdt.com/funnyimages/uploads/327.jpg

Alpha Centauri
Isn't the point of those things to be derogatory?

Oh...I see. Being a stickler for grammar is bad now.

-AC

SelphieT

-AC

It is, what is your problem? big grin

Violent2Dope
It is, what is your problem? big grin AC just trys to get into a debate everytime he posts.

Alpha Centauri
It's not called the Make Friends Forum. It's a discussion board.

No, Selphie, it's not.

-AC

Nellinator

-AC Nah, I just thought it was funny.

SelphieT
It's not called the Make Friends Forum. It's a discussion board.

No, Selphie, it's not.

-AC

*exhales*

It's not called the Lets Correct Other People's Grammar Forum. It's a discussion board.

So.

My favorite songs from Portrait of An American Family are Get Your Gunn, Dogma, Wrapped In Plastic, and Dope Hat. The only song I don't really like is Cyclops Woman.

Alpha Centauri
*exhales*

It's not called the Lets Correct Other People's Grammar Forum. It's a discussion board.

So.

My favorite songs from Portrait of An American Family are Get Your Gunn, Dogma, Wrapped In Plastic, and Dope Hat. The only song I don't really like is Cyclops Woman.

Where one common courtesy is grammar.

If people are saying it wrong, I correct them.

-AC

SelphieT
Where one common courtesy is grammar.

If people are saying it wrong, I correct them.

-AC

"I see", said the blind man.

2D_MASTER
Personally I think he's a genious, I love him, he's my life idol! I want to be him! actually I just want to meet him...or see him in person....

What are your thoughts?

Yeah... Manson is a "genious"... please God, wipe humanity off this f*cking planet.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Yeah... Manson is a "genious"... please God, wipe humanity off this f*cking planet.

That'd include you, and seeing as God likely isn't gonna do it, be a sport and start us off?

-AC

2D_MASTER
That'd include you, and seeing as God likely isn't gonna do it, be a sport and start us off?

-AC

Yeah it would include me, you're a smartie. It's funny that you claim God "isn't likely gonna do it" as you claim a great many things that hold no water.

Impediment
I downloaded some of Manson's songs from his latest pile of shit, Eat Me Drink Me, via Limewire last week and I deleted them after one listening session. It was literally painful to listen to, especially "Heart-Shaped Glasses" and his god-awful cover of "This is Halloween", from The Nightmare before Christmas movie, which didn't make the final cut of the album as originally intended.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Yeah it would include me, you're a smartie. It's funny that you claim God "isn't likely gonna do it" as you claim a great many things that hold no water.

Well for one you'd have to believe in God, so as an agnostic that's grey area.

Secondly, it's just a silly claim, why not do it yourself? You're part of humanity. Charity starts at home.

-AC

2D_MASTER

Alpha Centauri

chillmeistergen
*exhales*

So.

Let's*.

Nellinator
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Let's*. teehee

SelphieT
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Let's*.

Ahem, pardon me. smile

2D_MASTER
You said you've dressed up as him before, though.

-AC

I have? Hmmmmmmm , Mary, PLEASE.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.