Eid al Adha Mubarak!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil bitchiness
I am a little late with this embarrasment but since noone made the thread, I decided to make it.

Well anyway...Eid al Adha Mubarak to all Muslims out there! Hope you had a nice Eid.

party

Note - I'll leave it here for a bit since its more popular forum, then I shall move it to Religion if need be.

fini
leave it where? Its already in the Religion forum, hehehe

Oh yeah, Eid al Adha Mubarak too!!

yeah it was a few days ago, and i'm still waiting for my friend to bring me some food and sweets. Lol he also did the same for Eid ul Fitr.

Shakyamunison
Could anyone educate us on the holiday?

fini
uhh, hang on, lemme go read up some more on it, but what I know right now

Its essentially the celebration highlighting the scarifice Abraham was willing to make, u know kill his son, but at the last minute god instructed him to kill a sheep instead. So on this holiday they celebrate his loyalty and there is a huge sacrifice ( peta people call it a slaughter) of lambs and sheep. And afterwards the meat is distributed to the needy.

ITs a holiday that coincides with Hajj pilgrimage.

Hmm I hope i got that right, if i did, oooooo my friend would be so proud of me. Lol

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by fini
uhh, hang on, lemme go read up some more on it, but what I know right now

Its essentially the celebration highlighting the scarifice Abraham was willing to make, u know kill his son, but at the last minute god instructed him to kill a sheep instead. So on this holiday they celebrate his loyalty and there is a huge sacrifice ( peta people call it a slaughter) of lambs and sheep. And afterwards the meat is distributed to the needy.

ITs a holiday that coincides with Hajj pilgrimage.

Hmm I hope i got that right, if i did, oooooo my friend would be so proud of me. Lol

Thanks. Always willing to learn something.

fini
yep thats correct........ooooooo I remembered, wooohoooo for the brains of ex-gfs, lol

In some countries they consider this holiday more important than Eid ul Fitr, and here they are trying to get a public holiday to acknowledge it.

Shakyamunison
yep thats correct........ooooooo I remembered, wooohoooo for the brains of ex-gfs, lol

In some countries they consider this holiday more important than Eid ul Fitr, and here they are trying to get a public holiday to acknowledge it.

Please tell me about Eid ul Fitr.

fini
LOL, you got the only HINDU here explaining Muslim holidays????

alrighty then

Shakyamunison
LOL, you got the only HINDU here explaining Muslim holidays????

alrighty then

Well, I live in the US and they never teach any thing like that here. eek!

So, a Hindu is explaining to a Buddhist, Muslim holidays. laughing

fini
hey its the beauty of the internet. LOL

hey talking about internet, how bout looking it up????

Shakyamunison
hey its the beauty of the internet. LOL

hey talking about internet, how bout looking it up????

I'm way too lazy for that. laughing

OK

debbiejo
Ok never heard of it, but happy holidays blink laughing out loud

lil bitchiness
leave it where? Its already in the Religion forum, hehehe

Oh yeah, Eid al Adha Mubarak too!!

yeah it was a few days ago, and i'm still waiting for my friend to bring me some food and sweets. Lol he also did the same for Eid ul Fitr. I moved it after I posted this embarrasment

Anyway, this is the Eid, its a muslim Holiday - I think they're doing Hajj on this day.

We try to accomodate people of all religions, so Happy Eid to Muslims...and yet no Muslim posted....ah well...

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I moved it after I posted this embarrasment

Anyway, this is the Eid, its a muslim Holiday - I think they're doing Hajj on this day.

We try to accomodate people of all religions, so Happy Eid to Muslims...and yet no Muslim posted....ah well...

They are all probably all to busy celebrating to post, but I'm sure they appreciate the sentiment, one we can all share. Happy Eid! Happy Eid to one and all.

fini
ooooppps, i didn't tell you bout Eid ul Fitr yet Shaky, I'm sorry, but here goes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_ul-Fitr

tada, lol

Shakyamunison
ooooppps, i didn't tell you bout Eid ul Fitr yet Shaky, I'm sorry, but here goes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_ul-Fitr

tada, lol

Oh, ok. I knew about that one, but didn't know what it was called. big grin

fini
ahhhh and now you do, lol

since i'm here, got anything u wanna ask? smile

new sis
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Could anyone educate us on the holiday? happy holidays i belive its coming up soon its goin to be on dec. 9th and i belive it was a ram not a sheep i just got done reading bout it the other day.... I am kinda new so if any body has good info for me to learn just throw it @ me please a person can always learn more you never stop thank you and everyone have a good holiday.... Salaam

Bicnarok
yep celebrate a sick alien claiming to be god, cruelly making someone nearly kill his own son, then sacrifice sheep and other poor animals to it.

Religion can be insane.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I moved it after I posted this embarrasment

Do we have any here?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.