Pamela Anderson Takes Aim at KFC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
Yes this should be implemented because as you know chickens are such poor misunderstood creatures. laughing out loud
FFS these PETA peeps and this dumb blonde are nuts. roll eyes (sarcastic)

botankus
What about the animals used to make her implants? I'm against the slaughter of blue whales!

Jedi Priestess
Im telling you I dont get this. It a chicken!!!! Its not going to go live on the Riviera if it doesnt go to the processing plant. I think some people need to realise that if its bred mainly for consumption, that they need to just STFU about it already.

botankus
Can they save the chicken brains? Pam might need an upgrade at some point.

Jedi Priestess
bwahahahahah laughing out loud

OB1-adobe
There was a south park about Peta on just last night.

Echuu
"It a chicken!!!! Its not going to go live on the Riviera if it doesnt go to the processing plant."

Agreed JP.

As for Pamela.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shakyamunison
We should not stand for cruelty to animals, but to go after Colonel Sanders is misguided. If people didn't like to eat chicken, he would not have been successful.

PVS
why is the point of the argument always skewed in order to ridicule people who dont want animals to be abused and tortured.

i have no problem with chickens being killed, and certainly no problem eating them. but to create an existance of nothing but suffering is not necessary and...well...evil.

if they were dogs or cats you'd all be throwing a fit and calling for corporate heads on a platter.

and yeah, peta is a giant collection of tools, lets get past that debate pothole, and get to the heart of the topic

Victor Von Doom
Ok.

Heart of the topic- why DOES anyone want an effigy of Colonel Sanders?

botankus
Can't believe no one picked up on this. If there's any bust that should be removed from the state capitol, it should be hers.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by botankus
Can't believe no one picked up on this. If there's any bust that should be removed from the state capitol, it should be hers.

Not enough room. laughing

FeceMan
For a second there, I thought this said "Pamela Anderson Takes Aim at KMC".

That would be awesome.

botankus
That's funny, Fece, I thought that too.

debbiejo
I thought so also, though Most chicken processing plants are charged with being inhumane like Tyson a few years back. I don't see why they shouldn't be a bit more humane. And it's just not the chicken plants...I do know that PETA does go over board, so I can't take everything they say as truth, but some plants have been televised and those don't lie.

BobbyD
Pam can take aim at me anytime. wink

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by PVS
why is the point of the argument always skewed in order to ridicule people who don't want animals to be abused and tortured.

i have no problem with chickens being killed, and certainly no problem eating them. but to create an existance of nothing but suffering is not necessary and...well...evil.

if they were dogs or cats you'd all be throwing a fit and calling for corporate heads on a platter.

and yeah, peta is a giant collection of tools, lets get past that debate pothole, and get to the heart of the topic

Well here's the deal on that PVS. I don't believe for a second what these jokers are claiming goes on actually goes on. You may have a random incident here or there, but processing factories are companies with supervisors on the processing floor and they have a quota to fill daily like other factories and they don't have time to be fecking around as much as this article intimates. Of the bazillions of chickens processed yearly in the US alone I dont think this is happening that much.

debbiejo
^ you'd be surprised....I've seen videos of some of it. I don't know about the spray painting and tobacco...but there are certainly abuses. Example when chickens get caught in conveyor belts they just grab hole and rips the bird out how ever they can.

Jedi Priestess
I understand that Deb but we are talking about a whole lot of chickens here. There are cases of mishandling in EVERY SINGLE company in the world. Anyone of them can be taped and then shown to produce the proper amount of moral outrage.

PVS
JP, ive seen cruely in documentaries and i've seen cruelty with my own eyes.
yes, perhaps peta takes a one time incident and exagerates it to be the norm, which has an effect of discrediting everyone who wants to stop animal cruelty. but dont fall for it. peta are terrible ambassadors to their cause and only serve to help the opposition. in fact i hate the lot of them because when people think of the opponents to animal cruelty, they think of these assholes.

Jedi Priestess
Im not saying it doesnt exist.

PVS
im not just saying cruelty exists. im saying it is the norm.
the whole process of keeping and transporting poultry in large
companies like kfc is just plain cruel.

and im sure perdue, tyson, and others are just as cruel. perhaps since kfc is the most popular, its peta's ideal target, and i agree that it shouldnt be like that.

they should all be under the spotlight

botankus
Originally posted by PVS
JP, ive seen cruely in documentaries and i've seen cruelty with my own eyes.
yes, perhaps peta takes a one time incident and exagerates it to be the norm, which has an effect of discrediting everyone who wants to stop animal cruelty. but dont fall for it. peta are terrible ambassadors to their cause and only serve to help the opposition. in fact i hate the lot of them because when people think of the opponents to animal cruelty, they think of these assholes.

^^ Good point, especially the last part.

soleran30
Sensationalism sells.............these are the same people that made a movement late in 2005 that fishing is cruelty to fish.................take the information with a grain of salt, they may be crusading for something worthwhile it just seems like alot of resource that could be used for say oh human wellness.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Yes this should be implemented because as you know chickens are such poor misunderstood creatures. laughing out loud
Cool, this happened in my state! I've been to Frankfort. smile

Nevermind
Live on the greatest fast food chain in restaurant history!

http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/biography/images/sanders_h.jpg

The man is probably the most distinguished man form Kentucky (him and the Simpsons). Another publicity stunt to win back her audience from her long gone Baywatch years.

Imperial_Samura
Hmmmm. For some reason it would be a bit galling for me if my home states most famous face was the guy who made deep fired chicken main stream. Not sure it's anything I would build a bust to him for and mount it in the state capital.

A bit like a state somewhere raising a statue to the guy who invented the ball point pen or velcro. A bit of glory perhaps, but the most dignified? Hasn't Kentucky produced anything else to be proud of? A president? A great author? A great scientist? A notable human rights activist? An artist?

Nevermind
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Hasn't Kentucky produced anything else to be proud of?

The guy who invented the ball point pen? erm

soleran30
Hmmmm. For some reason it would be a bit galling for me if my home states most famous face was the guy who made deep fired chicken main stream. Not sure it's anything I would build a bust to him for and mount it in the state capital.

A bit like a state somewhere raising a statue to the guy who invented the ball point pen or velcro. A bit of glory perhaps, but the most dignified? Hasn't Kentucky produced anything else to be proud of? A president? A great author? A great scientist? A notable human rights activist? An artist?

Kentucky Blue Grass! Anyway as an entreprenuir he was huge and I admire him for that quality..............Why does someone have to be a poet or scientist or artist to gain notoriety.............

Imperial_Samura
Yes, I guess that's true. Just rare for people in his line of work to become so famous. Colonel Harland Sanders is equally as famous as the words "Kentucky Fried Chicken" - while I honestly have no idea who invented the other mainstream fast food joints - MacDonald's, Pizza Hut, Subway. The industry just doesn't seem to lead to fame that often.

I remember in my home city they recently built a statue thing commemorating a poet (Banjo Paterson) who is very famous. He was born outside the city about a 100 years ago - fact was he didn't like the town and left as soon as he could and never returned - yet they built the memorial to him ahead of the various locals who had done so much for the town, and lived and died there. Planning committees just seem focused on certain areas - usually arts, science, politics and maybe sports, often ahead of those who suceeded elsewhere.

I'd actually like to see him honored. The importance of good pens has always been important to me. Nothing as annoying as being in the middle of a test and having the pen run out, only to have to finish an essay in red, or far worse, green.

Nevermind
I remember in my home city they recently built a statue thing commemorating a poet (Banjo Paterson) who is very famous.

Hold on, you're an Australian?! eek!

I'd actually like to see him honored. The importance of good pens has always been important to me. Nothing as annoying as being in the middle of a test and having the pen run out, only to have to finish an essay in red, or far worse, green.

So very true.

Uberking Robert
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess

If all hippies died the world would be a better place.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Nevermind
Hold on, you're an Australian?! eek!

Do prawns belong on the BBQ? So yep, I most certainly am, pleased to see someone here who knows of Australia's most famous poet. In Australia anyway. big grin

WrathfulDwarf
This didn't last very long.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3477771

Anderson Loses Battle over Sanders Bust
By WENN|Thursday, January 26, 2006

"Pamela Anderson has lost her bid to get the bust of Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) founder Colonel Harland Sanders removed from the state Capitol building.
Kentucky Governor Ernie Fletcher has written to the actress/model explaining the bust will stay put, despite Anderson's claim that Sanders is a symbol of cruelty to chickens.

In his letter, Fletcher wrote, "Colonel Sanders remains a Kentucky icon. His success story has been an inspiration to many.

"The industry he began has employed hundreds of thousands of workers over the years. His business and his legacy have been good for Kentucky."

Anderson has fired back at Fletcher, calling Sanders' company one "that mutilates God's creatures."

The actress has teamed up with animal activists at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals to urge fast food fans to boycott KFC until the company agrees to clean up its slaughterhouse policies."

I think I'll have some Pop-corn chicken from KFC tonight.

Bon appetite KFC Lovers!

Nevermind
Do prawns belong on the BBQ? So yep, I most certainly am, pleased to see someone here who knows of Australia's most famous poet. In Australia anyway. big grin

I always thought that thing in your sig looked strangely similar to the Opera House.

Nevermind
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
This didn't last very long.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3477771

Anderson Loses Battle over Sanders Bust
By WENN|Thursday, January 26, 2006

"Pamela Anderson has lost her bid to get the bust of Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) founder Colonel Harland Sanders removed from the state Capitol building.
Kentucky Governor Ernie Fletcher has written to the actress/model explaining the bust will stay put, despite Anderson's claim that Sanders is a symbol of cruelty to chickens.

In his letter, Fletcher wrote, "Colonel Sanders remains a Kentucky icon. His success story has been an inspiration to many.

"The industry he began has employed hundreds of thousands of workers over the years. His business and his legacy have been good for Kentucky."

Anderson has fired back at Fletcher, calling Sanders' company one "that mutilates God's creatures."

The actress has teamed up with animal activists at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals to urge fast food fans to boycott KFC until the company agrees to clean up its slaughterhouse policies."

I think I'll have some Pop-corn chicken from KFC tonight.

Bon appetite KFC Lovers!

Hazaar! Take that PETA and Anderson!

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Ok.

Heart of the topic- why DOES anyone want an effigy of Colonel Sanders?

This is very, very true. Look, I'm sure the man did wonderful things with a chicken. But, does that merrit having a bust in a government building, much less the capitol? Did he ever do anything other than fry chicken? Was he a war hero, political activist or notable politician?

Pamela Anderson blows....in a bad way.

soleran30
Was he a war hero, political activist or notable politician?

Nope but he did start one of the largest fast food chains in the USA. I don't know thats a pretty big deal............................besides isn't it time we showed support to things other then war hero's and anything politicalsmile

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by soleran30
Was he a war hero, political activist or notable politician?

Nope but he did start one of the largest fast food chains in the USA. I don't know thats a pretty big deal............................besides isn't it time we showed support to things other then war hero's and anything politicalsmile

Sure, we have museums and the hollywood walk of fame. He fried chicken, I don't find that noteworthy enough to be immortalized in a state capitol building. What if he had named it Arizona Fried Chicken?

I'm sure there's a place for it, but not in the capitol building. Why don't we put Elvis on the one dollar bill?

He's being immortalizing because he contributed to this being the fattest country on the planet.

Uberking Robert
Pamela Anderson sure is retarded...although at least she has nice jubblies.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by botankus
What about the animals used to make her implants?

manjaro
this chick needs to stick to ingesting incredibly large cocks and just find a real cause to champion.. i dont agree with the wholesale abuse of animals but some were meant for eating and thats all there is to it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.