shdoclc.dll??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NoFate007
Ok guys...can you help me out with this, cause normally I can fix things fine but this is driving me insane...

Earlier today, I woke up and I was signed on to AIM as always (comcast). Perfectly fine with it, no problems. Then I noticed that it wasn't letting me on any webpages besides KMC and the log in page on myspace (wouldn't even let me log on, just would let me on the log in page).

By now, I don't know why...but I can't sign on to AIM at all, not even get past the "connecting..." part...I can't go on any websites at all besides KMC Forums, (this includes Google, Searchalot, Yahoo, About.com, Ebaumsworld, Drunk Report, Super Hero Hype, Myspace - not even the log in page from earlier, Maddox, hell not even RHYMEZONE)...it says I have a full internet connection, and even Kazaa is working as if my internet connection is perfectly fine. However that's obviously not true since I can't get on any websites and I can't sign on to AIM, under anybody's screen name.

I noticed that it says that there's a problem with "shdoclc.dll"...I have no clue how, or why, or how to fix it.

I'm assuming that's what's causing all the problems, cause so far I haven't been able to find anything else that points to any possible thing wrong. I haven't just gotten Firefox or installed any new programs (besides 3 things that Windows Update did, but of course, I can't check to see what those are because I can't get on the Windows Update website...) I haven't done anything to alter my settings or anything like that. I've ran an Ad-Aware scan and it did nothing. I've ran Norton Antivirus, nothing. I did 3 Norton Windoctor tests, they found stupid little shortcut things and so forth, and a couple of other things, but fixing those problems haven't fixed this problem.

Do you guys know how I could fix this? I'd VERY greatly appreciate help

NoFate007
If you need to know, by the way, I have a compaq and I use comcast, its Windows XP, and before someone mentions it, yes, I have rebooted my computer a few times already lol.

Koala MeatPie
Here si a link to a fresh copy of Your dll file.

Althought I doubt youw ill be able to receive it.

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?shdoclc

So if you can't do anything. RE-INSTALL yuor computer.

but first, Delet all cookies, clear internet catch and such.

insert Windows XP CD- Repair.

NoFate007
See, I have it on my computer, I found it exactly where it said, under System 32...it just apparently isn't working right or something?

The link actually did work, surprisingly. So does that make a difference, or should I just unzip this and place it under System 32 and rewrite the old file?

NoFate007
Nevermind, everything's working perfectly fine now. Thanks for your help Koala.

Hit_and_Miss
so was that dll the problem then???

NoFate007
It sorta just fixed itself..I don't know what the problem was.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.