Bigfix security Question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

a1hsauce
okay hi computer guys and gals

so my computer has updates and stuff that it lets me about and tells me to download. well this one update about Microsoft Outlook 2003 is telling me to download because... "Microsoft has released a patch eliminating a security vulnerability in Outlook 2003. An attacker who successfully exploited this vulnerability could execute code on an affected system. After downloading and installing this patch, affected computers will no longer be susceptible to this vulnerability"

well i dont use outlook at all on my computer. I dont even know why i have it. it just came with the computer...do you suggest i download this patch thingamabober or just ignore it since i dont use outlook?

any advice would be greatly apprecitated big grin

SauceMaster

Hit_and_Miss
ignore as you don't use outlook...

Outlook is a email prog... The data you receive that could use this vulnerability would be in an email... as your not going to recieve any mail in outlook you don't need the patch...

MS updater scans too see what progs you have and patches could need for those progs,

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.