Does anybody ever miss the 20th century?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Uberking Robert
Personally I think this new one is dog shit. I mean, all these countries are instituting gay marriage, there are pedophiles everywhere, women are more uppity than ever, political correctness is putting an evil stranglehold on the freedom of speech of even the most average of men, the cartoons suck...The 21st century sucks monkey nuts.

Nevermind
Your right to some extent, and to some extent your not. It's a bit better for me because I'm maturing able to do more shit on my own. I only live for like 12 years in the last century and I was a kid so it better for me age wise. As for entertainment, most things suck. I've been revisiting a lot of 90's things. Even ditched the old PS2 for my Mega Drive and remember old 90's Nick shows which I hope to buy on DVD this year. Although last century did have 2 World Wars and such. Like everything there are advantages and disadvantages.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Uberking Robert
Personally I think this new one is dog shit. I mean, all these countries are instituting gay marriage, there are pedophiles everywhere, women are more uppity than ever, political correctness is putting an evil stranglehold on the freedom of speech of even the most average of men, the cartoons suck...The 21st century sucks monkey nuts.

Are you saw it's not the dark ages your missing? wink

I mean, I didn't even know that the pedophile population suddenly exploded when centuries changed, but there you go.

Personally I don't mind this one, and nothing is really that different from the last one yet, though I imagine changes will occur, both good and bad, big and small.

And I will agree about political correctness, though I think it's great more nations are allowing gays to marry. With any luck by the time 2100 comes around we will have had a great cultural revolution, and all nations will accept that - even if all people don't.

Mindship
Ah...the good ol' 20th century, with its quaint world wars...at least then you knew where to point your gun.

Tired of the 21st already? Hold on to yer hats, boys 'n' girls, cuz it's just gettin' started. By the time it's done, it is gonna be more different from now than now is from the start of the 20th.

Fire

it's only been going on for 5 years man, you can hardly seperate it from the 20th century yet. Now I'm for gay marriage I do'nt see anythnig wrong with it. Political correctness in my opinion has never been a bad thing, freedom of speech is great and all that but you can push that one too far. Same can be said about political correctness. But I'd rather go overboard with the second than with the first.

Eis
missing the 20th century? The century of the chinese cultural revolution, holocaust, the vietnam war, numerous military coups in south america, WWI and WWII. Nope, not missing it much.

fini
There is one thing agree with Uberking on...................... THE CARTOONS SUCK ASS.

poor kids todays got crap to watch on tv.

Other than that, I dont really miss anything from the 90's. Lol i didn't have internet then, and I got it now, lol

Major improvement, LOL.

mailedbypostman
Meh, I didn't live that long in the 20th century, but at least they had all the classics back then. And the cartoons do suck. Absolutely.

Zarathustra
Damn uppity women... I'm sure things were all much better this time last century when they weren't people and blacks had to stand at the back of the bus. Of course, then both of those groups started getting uppity to begin with in the 20th century, so you can't win at all. Then it was as early as the 60's when the "civilized" world started to stop arresting people for being gay (although certain states kept fighting the good fight, and don't worry: there are certain Islamic theocracies that still keep women in line too).
Come on: the world spent about 65-70% of the 100 years worrying about starvation, conquest, or violent death. After 1914 it was war, then a short break before depression, then war and genocide, then forty years spent waiting for the bomb to drop while the USA and USSR sponsored military coups all around the world. That's not to mention all those unrelated massacres, murders, and yes, cases of dreaded pedophilia.
Be careful with that nostalgia: it's a powerful hallucinogenic drug.

grey fox
In the ninties my country wasn't ruled by a complete moron who thinks only about himself , and we didn't have a slob country...

Capt_Fantastic
even the most average of men

Don't worry. I heard in the new century, 6 inches would no longer be average. Things will get better for you.

Bardock42
I think I don't like you Uberking. You sound liek a sexist, racist, homophobic, bigot ass.....am I wrong?

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Bardock42
I think I don't like you Uberking. You sound liek a sexist, racist, homophobic, bigot ass.....am I wrong?

Nope, you're right. I'm just trying to figure out why this trolling, sock hasn't been banned yet.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Nope, you're right. I'm just trying to figure out why this trolling, sock hasn't been banned yet.
He does remind me of Spelljammer indeed....and I know that PVS and VVD had the same feeling. I like how you changed the average from 5.3 to 6, by the way.

Capt_Fantastic
I like how you changed the average from 5.3 to 6, by the way.

I was feeling generous. Thought I'd give him a little credit.

Spelljammer? Maybe. Or Whob.

Bardock42
I was feeling generous. Thought I'd give him a little credit.

Spelljammer? Maybe. Or Whob.
I see, I see.

Hm, I don't see why whob should do such a thing, afterall he's still here. And the posts I have read by Uberking are a whole different style than whobs, they are similar to what Spelljamer did though....espeecially the sexism...

Capt_Fantastic
I see, I see.

Hm, I don't see why whob should do such a thing, afterall he's still here. And the posts I have read by Uberking are a whole different style than whobs, they are similar to what Spelljamer did though....espeecially the sexism...

A troll is a troll is a troll...

Bardock42
A troll is a troll is a troll...

I know how that's going on ....is a troll is a troll.... right?

Capt_Fantastic
I know how that's going on ....is a troll is a troll.... right?

right.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.