Retired Sig Makers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TOH
Who else is retired? I mean, is not taking requests anymore?

Tails x 20
Me.

BakaXero
i've almost reaxhed that stage.
its a pity you have TOH
i remember when i joined this forum. I looked up to you as a sigmaker. i wanted to improve to reach your level of talent.
but now cause you dont make them anymore, i'll never really know how far i have progressed.

Syren
I love your current sig Xero, except you need to remove the unnecessary '' wink

BakaXero
hmm...
i knew there was something strange thx happy

Syren
clapping Perfect yes

Council#13
Originally posted by Tails x 20
Me.

Make me a sig

NOW!!! mad

Syren
Council, less of the aggression babeh smokin'

H. S. 6
I go off and on with requests. Usually I just make them for myself, because I'm a greedy bastard. no expression

Lana
I'm mostly retired.

Most of the time I refuse all requests except for ones from a handful of people. Though last weekend I got bored and decided to take requests for a few days....I did 12 sigs in about 2-3 days. Not doing that again.

Syren
laughing And a fantastic job you did too, sweetie *flashes sig*

Council#13
Originally posted by Syren
Council, less of the aggression babeh smokin'

I was kidding no expression

Syren
So was I stick out tongue

TOH
Originally posted by BakaXero
i've almost reaxhed that stage.
its a pity you have TOH
i remember when i joined this forum. I looked up to you as a sigmaker. i wanted to improve to reach your level of talent.
but now cause you dont make them anymore, i'll never really know how far i have progressed. I take that as a huge compliment, your sigs are pretty cool. thumb up

Originally posted by Lana
I'm mostly retired.

Most of the time I refuse all requests except for ones from a handful of people. Though last weekend I got bored and decided to take requests for a few days....I did 12 sigs in about 2-3 days. Not doing that again.

That is the point of this thread. If you take a request and make 1 sig, then you have to make 10. I remember when I used to post a lot in the Request Thread ....Good times yes wheelchair

I think Dexx used to take requests in the past, right? confused

Lana
Yeah, I don't think he has in well over a year, though....not at any point when the sig forum was it's own seperate forum, that I remember.

I had to quit doing requests because I just kept getting swamped and had too much real life stuff to do...even now, even though it's posted on every page of my thread, I still get at least one or two requests a day.

Last night I got really bad and made about 6-7 sigs for myself, just playing with various PS effects, though laughing out loud

BakaXero
it's funny when i'm in the mood to make sigs there are none.
then when i'm no longer in the mood requests come out from nowhere.

Originally posted by TOH
I take that as a huge compliment, your sigs are pretty cool. thumb up

to hear such words from someone like you make me feel humble

Council#13
Originally posted by Syren
So was I stick out tongue

Very good! stick out tongue

Barker
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I go off and on with requests. Usually I just make them for myself, because I'm a greedy bastard. no expression
This shall be me, By the month of Febuary.

Maybe. no expression

Godshinto
Personally I dont take many requests any more from time to time when someone likes what I have done I don't mind and making my own really other than that I am pretty much retired. Being one of the first sig creators I've seen many come and go I'll be around for the long haul whenever needed.

Lana
Originally posted by Barker
This shall be me, By the month of Febuary.

Maybe. no expression

That's been me for the past 14 months stick out tongue

Barker
That's been me for the past 14 months stick out tongue
shock

You used to be a Full-Time Request Acceptor?

BakaXero
shock

a few of us were.
but it became too crazy.
the only thing that sux about making good sigs is everyone wants one.
That's why some of the great sig makers of the past kinda went into retirement. but if you know them well enough or in some cases if your very persuasive then you could probably get one made by them.

Lana
shock

Yep, up until around last December. At that point I was suddenly really busy with school and work and other life stuff, and decided that that was more important than making sigs for people.

But yeah, almost all of the 'old' sig makers are now in retirement. I very very rarely do requests because when I do, I get swamped, so I only accept requests from a handful of people - and they know who they are.

BakaXero
Yep, up until around last December. At that point I was suddenly really busy with school and work and other life stuff, and decided that that was more important than making sigs for people.

But yeah, almost all of the 'old' sig makers are now in retirement. I very very rarely do requests because when I do, I get swamped, so I only accept requests from a handful of people - and they know who they are.
are you refusing to call yourself great?

i still make sigs for random people. but it all depends on my mood. I don't get requests, much anymore. maybe because i suck. lol
it might also be because i've told a few that asking me is like a game of chance.

Lana
I kinda dislike doing so, I feel it makes me look stuck-up.

BakaXero
I kinda dislike doing so, I feel it makes me look stuck-up.
lol
no worrie i understand what you mean. haha.
just joking around.

Lana
laughing out loud

You know, I kinda think that if I didn't stop taking requests, I wouldn't have gotten as good as I am, because I'd have never been able to just take the time to play around and experiment.

Arachnoidfreak
Poopy! In 2 years I never had a sig by you.

I have a great sig idea but now I have to go ask some amatuers. stick out tongue

Though they aren't all bad...I'm pretty fond of my current sig.

BakaXero
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
Poopy! In 2 years I never had a sig by you.

I have a great sig idea but now I have to go ask some amatuers. stick out tongue

Though they aren't all bad...I'm pretty fond of my current sig.
i would'nt say DEV1L was an amateur.
i would say his new but he brings talent.

Lana
Agreed. DEV1L's sigs are damn good.

And Arachnoidfreak, we've talked before, I think you're cool....you can request sigs from me stick out tongue

Arachnoidfreak
i would'nt say DEV1L was an amateur.
i would say his new but he brings talent.

nono, misunderstood, the tonguey meant that not everyone new is an amatuer. i personally think DEV1L does great work. I only get sigs from the best. wink Cinemaddiction did like my 4th or 5th sig when i was new. DEV1L is like only the second person to create one for me, I usually do them myself. however bad mine are.

ooooooooo I can? woot!! I do have an idea for a sig that you mike like Lana. Ever heard of the SuicideGirls? I can PM you with details if you're interested.

Lana
Hell yeah I've heard of SG stick out tongue

PM me babeh flirt1

Alpha Centauri
I have to make my own sigs now, Lana has chosen to take her art elsewhere.

We had an agreement where she'd be my own version of The Keymaker, but she bailed out and started making sigs for everyone everywhere.

-AC

Lana
Bite me, I've made nearly all of your sigs stick out tongue

Arachnoidfreak
Hell yeah I've heard of SG stick out tongue

PM me babeh flirt1

Woot!

ooo flirty. wink

Alpha Centauri
I said that! I just said that you decided to end our agreement.

Not my problem, baby. Not my problem.

-AC

Lana
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
Woot!

ooo flirty. wink

It's me, expect anything else? stick out tongue

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I said that! I just said that you decided to end our agreement.

Not my problem, baby. Not my problem.

-AC

I ended no agreement stick out tongue I've been making sigs for people since I joined KMC....and you're the one who's been complaining that you wished you knew how to make good sigs stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
Nope, just what I said.

Too late, too late.

-AC

ShinobiRikari
There seems to be less of a demand lately. i mean, I've only recieved 3 requests in the last two months. but that may be because i'm not all that great at delivering them on time.

DigiMark007
I think people are being scared away by the number of people who don't take requests (snobbishly raises nose... stick out tongue ). I've seen far less pop up in random galleries, except for those who know people who do requests.

LanceWindu
The retired sigmakers cause a conundrum. We all hate the nasty ass amateur signatures we see people with, but we never want to make sigs for people...yet we still bash on people for wearing shitty sigs.

Barker
Originally posted by LanceWindu
The retired sigmakers cause a conundrum. We all hate the nasty ass amateur signatures we see people with, but we never want to make sigs for people...yet we still bash on people for wearing shitty sigs.
laughing out loud

I should Retire. happy

Lana
Originally posted by LanceWindu

Yep happy

"That sig sucks."
"Will you make me a new one?"
"No."
"..."

ShinobiRikari
Yep happy

"That sig sucks."
"Will you make me a new one?"
"No."
"..."
laughing

Just figured out why I'm not getting requests. i forgot about the message in my sig....

BakaXero
i was officially retired till someone bumped my thread disgust

Mišt
*bumps Baka's thread* no expression

BakaXero

DE Calvin
*shoves a spork up mist's ass*
remember "there is no spork"
*Shoves a Vixen up Baka's ass*

LanceWindu
Originally posted by DE Calvin

Where's my vixen?

Lana
Originally posted by DE Calvin

What the f**k? Do you even know what a vixen is?

BakaXero
it's hot like a fox! shifty

DE Calvin
Everyone Knows what a Vixen is. In my opinion, it's a hot girl with big boobs.

Barker
Originally posted by Human Smoke
big boobs.
icon5

Mediums are Better. yes

Thekid1
Agreed big grin

Human Smoke
icon5

Mediums are Better. yes
I know, I was just giving the def. of a vixen.

H. S. 6

Oh, I think he knows. shifty

TOH
Vixen is a Female Rock Band... yes

Lana
It also means more or less the same as minx....and is also what a female fox (as in the animal) is called stick out tongue

Human Smoke
It also means more or less the same as minx....and is also what a female fox (as in the animal) is called stick out tongue
Cool, I never knew that.

DigiMark007
Bump.

So I tried the whole "I like people and I'm ready to do requests" bit. After maybe 12 requests in three weeks, I retired again. So hi, I'm in the club now. I might be dumb enough to come ot of retirement again, but not for a while.

...and I have similar problems to Lance. They like it when I show up in the "rate the comic-related signature above you" thread in my forum, because I'm more experienced than most of them. I'll criticize to try and help them to improve, but they usually take it the wrong way, and I end up getting people asking for requests from it too. Kind of a Catch-22...."Here's where yours isn't good, but no, I won't make you a better one" lol

Alliance
is this the graveyard? ghost1

Lana
Yay retirement happy

Only requests I've done lately are for PandoraMomo and as we've been best friends in real life for 6 years, yeah, of course I'll do requests for her stick out tongue

DigiMark007
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Bump.

So I tried the whole "I like people and I'm ready to do requests" bit. After maybe 12 requests in three weeks, I retired again. So hi, I'm in the club now. I might be dumb enough to come ot of retirement again, but not for a while.

...and I have similar problems to Lance. They like it when I show up in the "rate the comic-related signature above you" thread in my forum, because I'm more experienced than most of them. I'll criticize to try and help them to improve, but they usually take it the wrong way, and I end up getting people asking for requests from it too. Kind of a Catch-22...."Here's where yours isn't good, but no, I won't make you a better one" lol

Bah! I refuse to be last on the page. *strikes fist into air defiantly* embarrasment

Lana
Bah! I refuse to be last on the page. *strikes fist into air defiantly* embarrasment

laughing out loud

That tends to happen to you a lot doesn't it stick out tongue

DigiMark007
laughing out loud

That tends to happen to you a lot doesn't it stick out tongue

Yeah...somehow... disgust

BakaXero
Yeah...somehow... disgust
there there...
i know how you feel cry

Jonathan Mark
I take requests from anyone except K.Diddy... he can kiss my ass before I ever make a sig for him.

Oddly enough I have been making sigs for about a year-half now and only recently have they gotten any good, although they still are amateurish in comparison to most of the stuff I see here.

ShinobiRikari
OMG! I LOVE YOUR SIGGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DigiMark007
Originally posted by ShinobiRikari
OMG! I LOVE YOUR SIGGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG! Shinobi isn't dead!

wink

...good to see you.

ShinobiRikari
OMG! Shinobi isn't dead!

wink

...good to see you.
No, I died. I'm just a bug in the system, a code that the real Shinobi wrote in order to freak all of you out. In other words a virus.

:P no, I'm back. Really.

TOH
Originally posted by ShinobiRikari
No, I died. I'm just a bug in the system, a code that the real Shinobi wrote in order to freak all of you out. In other words a virus.

:P no, I'm back. Really.

You're a Hollow... shock

ShinobiRikari
Erm... I don't think I am..... finds mirror. Nope. i'm good.

BakaXero
Am i considered official yet?

Barker
Am i considered official yet?
Yes.

Unless you're the Generic Brand. ermm

TOH
Yes.

Unless you're the Generic Brand. ermm

Who would buy a pirate BakaXero? blink

Vinny Valentine
I'm not even good enough to retire.

Alliance
Originally posted by TOH
Who would buy a pirate BakaXero? blink
how much?

TOH
Originally posted by Alliance
how much?
er...4 mist dollars? erm

Barker
Originally posted by TOH
er...4 mist dollars? erm
icon5

I payed 25 Lana Pounds for mine.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
I'm not even good enough to retire.

laughing out loud

Anyway, bump.

I "retired" officially a while ago, and I won't be coming back. But I still make sigs for others on a favor basis.

I realized at some point that nice signatures are one of the few things I have to barter with on KMC (despite being a mod). So I find myself saying "Hey, I'll make you a sig if you...." {insert erotic joke here}

So it's no longer benvolent. I only do requests if I'm getting something in return. I also try to make them for as many mods as possible...makes it easier to call in favors later on.

cool

Barker
Then you're not technically retired. ermmnone

Lana
Not taking general requests = retired ermm

DigiMark007
Not taking general requests = retired ermm

Meh, probably. Even most "retired" artists end up doing them occasionally (like Lana with PandoraMomo...hell, I even saw some TOH requests a couple months ago in the comics section, much to my surprise).

But I have the utmost respect (and at the same time utmost loathing) for anyone who cocnsistently does requests. Like amity, who's just a beast with his output....I could never keep that up.

Lana
Meh, probably. Even most "retired" artists end up doing them occasionally (like Lana with PandoraMomo...hell, I even saw some TOH requests a couple months ago in the comics section, much to my surprise).

But I have the utmost respect (and at the same time utmost loathing) for anyone who cocnsistently does requests. Like amity, who's just a beast with his output....I could never keep that up.

And that's why I said general requests. I do Momo's sigs because she's my best friend and we've known each other for over 6 years stick out tongue

BakaXero
And that's why I said general requests. I do Momo because she's my best friend and we've known each other for over 6 years stick out tongue

leftright

Barker
I do Momo because she's my best friend and we've known each other for over 6 years stick out tongue
Did we really need to know that?

Lana
Tsk tsk, guys, get your minds out of the gutter.

lookaround

BakaXero
Is it wrong of me to bug all my fave retired sig makers for a combined sig creation?
Cause I'm thinking about doing that erm

Lana
laughing out loud

That would be pretty amusing.

Meanwhile, I've moved from being retired from requests to pretty much not making actual sigs at all anymore. Wooo...

DigiMark007
Meanwhile, I've moved from being retired from requests to pretty much not making actual sigs at all anymore. Wooo...

*lets Lana into the VIP clubhouse*

*sips drink*

*makes no sigs ever*

...but I've been considering a return to my Dino Comics just so I'd have something new occasionally (since the actual web comic is still a couple time-consuming steps from completion).

Tptmanno1
haha, I don't even know if I can still use Photoshop coherently....

Lana
Well, obviously you can't speak coherently stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
I'm mostly retired.

Most of the time I refuse all requests except for ones from a handful of people. Though last weekend I got bored and decided to take requests for a few days....I did 12 sigs in about 2-3 days. Not doing that again. you made my Dante Sig.

http://usera.imagecave.com/roguejedi/oldsigsandavatars/customsig_3424_Zd.gif

It ROCKS. yes Best in my collection. big grin ....Yes, this is me sucking up to you. laughing

DigiMark007
Is it wrong of me to bug all my fave retired sig makers for a combined sig creation?
Cause I'm thinking about doing that erm

It would probably end up being horrible, but it'd be fun to see.

Da Pittman
I've just been too busy to keep up with any requests as of late so untill I find some free time I haven't been taking any general requests. Just a few for my KMC buddies wink

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Da Pittman
I've just been too busy to keep up with any requests as of late so untill I find some free time I haven't been taking any general requests. Just a few for my KMC buddies wink Hiya, Buddy. crylaugh

Da Pittman
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Hiya, Buddy. crylaugh pitt_nuts

Bardock42
I just recently came out of retirement. Yes, it was a hard decision, but I guess someone had to do it. hmm

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Da Pittman
I've just been too busy to keep up with any requests as of late so untill I find some free time I haven't been taking any general requests. Just a few for my KMC buddies wink

Your current might be my favorite Pitt sig ever.

thumb up

make me a sig now!

Originally posted by Bardock42
I just recently came out of retirement. Yes, it was a hard decision, but I guess someone had to do it. hmm

'grats!

Rewmac
I retired like 3 times...But I always loose my creativity so I must reactivate myself and take a couple of requests to get back into business...

Da Pittman
Originally posted by Rewmac
I retired like 3 times...But I always loose my creativity so I must reactivate myself and take a couple of requests to get back into business... That is because you are scared of me stick out tongue Great new sig big grin

BakaXero
I miss the TOH cry

TOH
I think now, looking back, we did not fight Barker ; we fought ourselves. And the "Barker" was in us. KMC is over for me now, but it will always be there, the rest of my days. As I'm sure Baka will be, fighting with Thorinn for what Lana called "possession of my soul." There are times since, I've felt like a child, born of those two fathers. But be that as it may, those of us who did make it have an obligation to make sigs again. To teach to others what we know, and to try with what's left of our lives to find a goodness and a meaning to this forum.

BakaXero
Originally posted by TOH
I think now, looking back, we did not fight Barker ; we fought ourselves. And the "Barker" was in us. KMC is over for me now, but it will always be there, the rest of my days. As I'm sure Baka will be, fighting with Thorinn for what Lana called "possession of my soul." There are times since, I've felt like a child, born of those two fathers. But be that as it may, those of us who did make it have an obligation to make sigs again. To teach to others what we know, and to try with what's left of our lives to find a goodness and a meaning to this forum.
Boo!! you whore!

DigiMark007
laughing out loud

Also. I've been thinking of coming out of retirement. I'd like to say it's TOH's speech, but it's not. More just inspiration from others' new sigs that I want to try and butcher emulate with my faded and crappy rustic PS skills.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.