The Judgment of Celestial

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shadow x 20
Paladins are warriors of light and defenders of peace and justice. They have sworn to protect the weak from the wicked through death and life. Paladins use celestial energy, an invisible light that surrounds all living creatures but paladins are trained to see it. A paladin's weapon of choice is a Cielo Saber which is a saber forged from a blue crystal known as a Cielo Crystal which is almost unbreakable and can cut through almost anything.
Paladins harness their celestial energy to heal slight wounds, create small protective barriers to help protect them and others from guns, and even to see through solid objects. Paladins are trained to see celestial energy which gives them an edge in combat for celestial energy moves thirty seconds faster then any living thing can so a paladin has thirty seconds to prepare for what his opponent is doing.
Also in the world of Igros is the catlon race. Catlons are all women. Catlons resemble normally women expect they have cat like ears and cat like tails. They are more agigle and faster then a normal human and they have excellent night vision helping them to move about easier. Catlons live to be 180 years old. Catlons age quickly for their first 4 years until they appear to be 20 and then it seems that time has frozen on them until they turn 100 and begin to age like a normal human from then on.

Shadow x 20
When shadows have engulfed all in the world of Igros...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The United Nations of Igros has been in debate about the usage of the planet's celestial energy which is a powerful energy source but it also shortens the planet's life for it needs the celestial energy to survive. Many southern nations are dependent on the celestial energy to feed families and protect themselves from raiders while many northern nations have developed electricity to give them power and demand that the southern nations cease at once on using celestial energy.
The senate is yet again locked in another debate on the issues of celestial energy while President John Quiin, who is for the usage of celestial energy, tries to veto whatever laws the senate tries to pass for the senators against the usage of celestial energy outnumbers the senators for the usage of celestial energy.

"It is killing the planet!" a senator screams, "it would be no different then slowly draining the blood from every living life form on Igros!"
"It keeps millions alive!" another senator shouted, "without it many families would starve and die!!"
"Why don't we just drain your blood!?"
"Why don't we just shut down your power!?"
"Order!" Quiin shouted, "we shall have order!"
The senators go silent.

"Celestial energy is keeping millions alive and safe and we cannot let that many people die or worse yet raid the northern nations for food and power!" Quiin yelled. The elections are starting in a few weeks and Quiin is running against Balkan who is against the usage of celestial energy and if he wins he will pass the law to ban celestial energy, "we mustn't think about ourselves but each other to form a more perfect union!"

The senators leave the room and many northern senators are outrages on how greedy Quiin is and they can't wait for the elections to begin.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Devan Cue it seems that the senators are still in debate on this issue of celestial energy," Emer said. (Emer resembles Splinter from Ninja Turtles but is smaller), "if nothing is done to settle this dispute it will be Civil War."
"I agree Master Emer," Devan replied, "but what can we do?"
"That question I cannot answer," Emer responded, "back to Ethian we shall for a meeting of the council is needed now."
"On the matters of the senate?" Devan asked.
"That is the sole reason for this meeting of the council," Emer said to Devan. Devan nodded and off they went to Ethian, to the Paladin Temple.

"That's it my young apprentice," Swiphere said to Adam. Adam has been training for nearly twenty years to be a paladin and finally his training is almost over, "you must focus only what you need and nothing more. You must conserve your energy for further entanglements."
"I understand Master Swiphere," Adam replied.
"Do you Adam O'Donnell?" Swiphere asked, "for understanding and doing is two different things."

Shadow x 20
Devan and Emer enter the Paladin Temple and Swiphere followed by Adam walks over to greet them.
"Was your trip to Gandra safe Emer?" Swiphere asked.
"As safe as it could be," Emer replied.
"We must gather the seven for the meeting of the council needs to start at once," Devan said to Emer.
"I agree," replied Emer, "farewell Swiphere."
"May the meeting go well," Swiphere bowed. Emer and Devan walked off.

"Come Adam we have more training to do," Swiphere said.
"Master...you could be on the council if you didn't disobey them so much," Adam replied.
"I must do what is needed young one," Swiphere said, "once you understand that you will see that you do not need to sit on the council for you will be wiser then most of the seven."
"I'm sorry master," Adam responded, "it's not my place to tell you what to do."
"No Adam I need you as much as you need me," Swiphere said, "but come now; we still have training to do before anything else can be done."
"Very well master," Adam said and followed Swiphere.

"This meeting of the council is called for the dispute in the senate," Emer said in the council meeting chamber, "we must prepare for anything."
"Emer," Escyn, a catlon, said standing up to speak, "what shall happen if Civil War breaks out? Who side will we be on?"
"To the union," Emer said, "for we have pledge to defend the union at all costs until death takes us."
"Maybe we can force the southern nations to ban celestial energy," Jacob said.
"No," Emer replied, "only a reaper deals in absolutes."
"I'm sorry," Jacob responded.

Shadow x 20
"Grave danger we are in," Devan said, "if what we believe will happen...if Civl War does break out then we will have to take are role as generals on the front line."
"Then we will have no choice unless a compromise is made," Emer replied, "until we are curtain about the outcome of this debate we seven mustn't leave Ethian. Council dismissed."

Swiphere and Adam are in the paladin training room practicing Adam's saber skills. Both are armed with a Cielo Saber which is a basic sword expect the blade is blue for it was designed from a Cielo Crystal which can cut through almost anything and is almost unbreakable. The hilts of the sabers were forged with great care for no two hilts are the same.
"You are leaving your left side open for an attack Adam," Swiphere said. Swiphere came down on Adam with a downward strike but Adam managed to block it, "very good young one."
The doors to the training room open and Emer walks in.

"Master Emer," Swiphere said, "for what do we owe the honor?"
"The small village of Gravince is in danger," Emer replied, "belves are attacking the village nonstop. You and young Adam are to head to the small village of Mayton and assist the people until the threat is over."
"We will go at once," Swiphere responded, "ready Adam?"
"Yes sir," Adam said.
"Good. May your travel be safe and may both of you return safely," Emer said, "your transport is waiting in hanger three."
Emer left the room and Swiphere and Adam placed their Cielo Sabers in their sheath.
"Come Adam," Swiphere said, "we must get suited up first."

Both Swiphere was equipped with a gold chest plate, gold gauntlets, and gold boots and given a red cape. Adam was suited in the same expect the armor was bronze and he had no cape. They came to the hanger and at once headed to Mayton, Gravince.
"What is Mayton?" Adam asked.
"It is a small farming village," Swiphere replied, "not much technology but the legendary Elijah Diadem was born there."
"Elijah threw the pendant into the Black Hole forever sealing Serrago away right master?" Adam asked.
"That's right," Swiphere responded, "it seems you have been studying. We'll arrive at Mayton in an hour or so."

Shadow x 20
The small transport landed in the town's square of Mayton and out came Swiphere and Adam. The mayor of the village, Mayor Hanks Moore came up to greet them.
"For a moment I thought the paladins would ignore are pleas," Hanks said.
"We never ignore those in trouble," Swiphere said, "now then about these belves?"
"We driven them into Silence Woods but they will regroup and attack more violently like they always do," Hanks responded, "but with two paladins we can keep them out of the town. Captain Jason has gathered nearly one hundred men armed with spears and arrows and bows to hunt down the belves and we would be honored if you lead them."
"We shall," Swiphere replied, "but we cannot attack this day for the sun is setting and the belves see a lot better then we do in the night."
"Then come to my house and rest there for tonight," Hanks responded.
"Thank you," Swiphere said and followed Hanks to his manor on the biggest hill in Mayton.

"Welcome to my humble home," Hanks said opening the door and allowing Swiphere and Adam in, "I believe I don't know your names."
"I am Swiphere Calton and this is my young student Adam O'Donnell," Swiphere said.
"Pleasure," Adam replied.
"I am Mayor Hanks Moore," Hanks said as a young woman entered the room, "and this is my daughter Brittany Moore."
"It is nice to meet you," Swiphere said.
"Show these paladins to the guest room," Hanks said to Brittany.
"Alright father," Brittany replied, "follow me."

Brittany led Swiphere and Adam up the stairs and down a hall. She opened a door and inside was a huge bedroom.
"This is where you two will be staying," Brittany said.
"Thank you," Swiphere replied.
"If you need anything let me know," replied Brittany and then she walked off.

The next morning at dawn Swiphere and Adam were already at the edge of Silence Woods with the town's people who are to assit them in the hunt.
"Stay as a group for the belves will try to pick us off one at a time!" Swiphere shouted and then he turned to enter Silence Woods.

Shadow x 20
Swiphere led the villagers of Mayton slowly into the heart of the woods. All was quiet expect the soft sounds of footsteps.

"If I am elected president of the United Nations of Igros I shall do everything in my power to ban the usage of celestial energy forever," Balkan said as many senators cheered him on. Balkan knew that almost everyone in the north would vote for him and the number of people in the northern nations outnumber the people of the southern nations one to ten, "that is all I shall say this day!"

"Senator Balkan," a news reporter said running up to him, "what about the southern nations and their need for celestial energy to live."
"It is their fault that they did not create a better energy source like the Great North did," Balkan replied.
"So you would allow millions to die?" the news reporter asked.
"If we continue to allow the south to use celestial energy then all will die," Balkan said, "and I will not let billions die because of greed."
"Excellent words from an excellent man," the new reporter replied.

"Belves!" a village shouted as the belves started to charge at them. Belves resemble wolves but are the size of bears and are a lot smarter. Swiphere and Adam drew their Cielo Sabers.
"Stay as a group!" Swiphere shouted, "we mustn't give are ground to these beasts."
The villages held out their spears while others fired arrows into the hordes of belves. The two forces collided as many villagers were pushed back by the impact of the collision. Swiphere and Adam fought with the La Verdadera Form of dueling which users are elegant, precise, calm, confident, even arrogant. La Verdadera users are supremely confident in their chances for victory, and often look relaxed when they are fighting, its almost like they are dancing. It focuses on parries, thrusts, and small precise cuts.

A white belf appeared in the heat of battle, twice the size of a normal brown belf and it also stands on two legs. It grabbed a villager and threw him into a tree.
"Master a white belf!" Adam shouted as the white belf howled. Swiphere looked at it and charged fiercely at the beast but the belf threw a villager at Swiphere knocking him down. Adam ran directly at the white belf hoping to slay the beast.

Shadow x 20
Adam swung his saber at the white belf but the beast jumped over the blade and kicked Adam as he fell back to the ground. Swiphere got up and used his celestial energy to shield Adam from the white belf as he went to bite Adam. The white belf growled and looked at Swiphere and charged at him.
Swiphere used his celestial energy to jump over the belf and stabbed the beast in its back. The white belf screamed and threw Swiphere off him and ran off. Adam ran over and helped Swiphere up.
"Master that should have killed the belf," Adam said.
"No...a white belf can only be killed by a silver weapon," Swiphere replied and reached into his small bag and pulled out a silver dagger, "white belves are few in number but they always lead belves into battle so as long as that white belf lives the village of Mayton will never be safe."
"Then we must kill it," Adam responded. Swiphere nodded and the two ran off leaving the villagers to finish off the very few belves remaining.

The white belf came to a river and drank from it as the wound from the Cielo Saber begun to heal rapidly. It raised its head as Adam and Swiphere came up to it. The beast howled and charged at Adam who jumped out of the way and sliced its foot. The belf roared and grabbed Adam by his leg but Swiphere stabbed the white belf in its side with his Cielo Saber. The belf threw Adam into the river and knocked Swiphere down dropping the silver dagger.
The white belf opened its mouth and came down to bite Swiphere but he grabbed and jaws of the belf and held it back with all of his strength. The belf grabbed Swiphere by his sides and sank his claws into the paladin. Swiphere's grip was getting weaker as the belf begun to move in closer. Finally Swiphere couldn't hold back the white belf but the silver dagger stabbed the beast in the side of his head.
It let out a terrible cry and fell to the ground dead. Adam was standing next to the river completely wet.
"About time Adam," Swiphere said.
"Sorry I had to find the silver dagger," Adam replied.

Shadow x 20
Swiphere and Adam returned to where the remaining villagers were gathering the dead bodies of the belves for food and fur. The people cheered for the two paladins dragged behind them the white belf with the silver dagger in its neck.
"Three cheers for the paladins!" a villager shouted as everyone clapped and cheered.
"Come now we best return to the village," Swiphere said.

"Have the paladins arrived Mayor Moore?" a strange man cloaked in black asked via hologram.
"Yes sire," Hanks replied, "they have gone into Silence Woods to slay the white belf."
"I am sending my student to take care of them," the strange being responded, "until then do not let those two paladins escape."
"I will obey sire," Hanks said and bowed down as the hologram slowly vanished. Hanks stood up and walked outside of his room where he saw his daughter, Brittany, "Brittany...how long have you been out here?"
"Who was that father?" asked the young sixteen year old.
"Just a supporter of the union," Hanks replied.
"Why do you need to keep the paladins here?" Brittany asked, "shouldn't they return to Ethian?"
"You ask to many questions daughter," Hanks said.

Swiphere, Adam, and the villagers returned to the city where more villages; males, females, and children greeted them with high hopes. Swiphere took the corpse of the white belf and showed it to the people.
"Nevermore will this beast cause you trouble!" Swiphere shouted. The people cheered, "now we must make haste back to the Paladin Temple!"
"Hang on," Hanks said running up to them, "please hang on...my daughter has gone missing."
"What?" Adam asked, "how did this happen?"
"I do not know...please you have to find her. She means the world to me," Hanks replied.
"Worry not," Swiphere responded, "Adam and I will find her. Where was she last?"
"Just south of the village at the Mystic Springs," Hanks said.
"Come young Adam," Swiphere said to Adam and the two paladins ran off heading south to find Brittany.

Shadow x 20
Swiphere and Adam arrived at the Mystic Springs and begun to search the area. No traces of any foot steps were found and it appeared that no one came here for years.
"This is very strange," Swiphere said.
"I agree master," Adam replied, "this place appears to have been undisturbed for years."

Swiphere continued looking around the springs but could not find a single clue until he heard a raddle in the bushes.
"Adam I think someone is near," Swiphere whispered. Adam came over to him and they both drew their Cielo Sabers and at once they jumped into the bushes but saw nothing, "strange."
A dark figure ran pass the two and at once Swiphere ran for it and Adam went around to try and block its path.

"W-where am I?" Brittany asked waking up chained to the wall.
"Now, now. Their is no need to worry about your location," a strange man said sitting in a chair.
"Who are you and what do you want from me!?" Brittany questioned.
"All in due time my dear...all in due time," the man replied.

Swiphere lost the tracks of whatever he was following. He looked around not able to locate where he came from. Finally Swiphere started to turn around when a figure cloaked in black jumped out with a Cielo Saber drawn but the blade was red. He had his hood over his face where he couldn't see his face. The man came at Swiphere and started to attack Swiphere.
Swiphere blocked the attacks and forced the strange attacker back using his celestial energy to be able to predict where the next attack would come from. The attacker ceased when he noticed Adam coming at them. He held out his hand and a huge ray of light engulfed the area and when Swiphere and Adam could see each the attacker was gone.
"Who was that master?" Adam asked Swiphere.
"I do not know but his skills surpassed mine in terms of melee combat," Swiphere replied.
"Do you think he was the once who kidnapped Brittany?" Adam questioned.
"I don't think so...I believe I figured out where Brittany is," Swiphere said, "follow me."
Swiphere ran off followed by Adam.

Shadow x 20
Swiphere came to the manor of Hanks Moore and tried to open the door but it was locked. Swiphere then took his cielo saber and sliced the door in two. Swiphere and Adam entered the manor.
"Breaking in isn't a part of the paladin code," a guard said as the two entered.
"Neither is kidnapping," Swiphere replied.
"What do you mean?" the guard asked.
"Follow me. When I was in the heat of battle I managed to get a glimpse of the mind of Hanks," Swiphere responded walking down the hall.
"What is the meaning of this!?" the guard questioned and looked at Adam.
"Don't look at me," Adam replied, "I'm as lost as you."

"My student will show the paladins the true usage of celestial energy," the strange man said via hologram.
"Do not worry sire," Hanks replied, "but I have been doing some research...what of the Chosen One?"
"The Chosen One may not have been born yet," the strange being replied and the hologram faded. The door broke opened and in came Swiphere, Adam, and the guard.
"Master paladin," Hanks said, "have you found my lost daughter?"

"She's not lost is she?" Swiphere asked and charged at Hanks.
"Master!?" Adam shouted. Swiphere came down on Hanks with a downward strike but Hanks blocked it with a red cielo saber.
"Hmm...so you saw through my costum," Hanks said as all of a sudden he turned completely white. When he came to be he was cloaked in black just like the man before, "you may call me Malice."
"Malice?" Adam said running up next to Swiphere ready for a battle.
"What have you done to Brittany and Hanks?" the guard asked.
"Brittany is safe for the moment," Malice said, "and Hanks is dead."
"For the honor of the paladins we shall defeat you!" Swiphere shouted and attacked Malice but Malice blocked his attacks.

Malice jumped back and threw off his cloak. He was in a black uniform and his face was white with black markings writen on his face that was in the ancient language of the forrtu catlons.
Adam jumped over Swiphere and tried to hit Malice but he jumped back and drew another red cielo saber.
"What type of cielo sabers are these master?" Adam asked.
"They are enfer sabers," Swiphere replied, "dark versions of a cielo saber created by Serrago."
"You two will die but just not now," Malice said and vanished like dust in the wind.

"We must leave Mayton now Adam," Swiphere said. The guard refused to leave and so Swiphere and Adam left. Before they boarded their transport a shout was heard.
"What was that?" Adam asked, "it could be a trap."
"I don't think so," Swiphere responded. Swiphere ran in the direction of where the scream came from a saw a young man with a spear fighting a belf. The man had a wounded left arm and his left eye appeared to have a burn around it in the shape of a cross. Swiphere and Adam ran at the belf and sliced off its legs and head.

"Thank you," the young man said. Swiphere and Adam returned their cielo sabers to their sheaths.
"That mark," Swiphere said, "what is your name?"
"Jack O'Neil," replied the man.
"I am Swiphere and this is my student Adam O'Donnell," Swiphere said, "where did you get that mark?"
"I was born with it," Jack responded.
"Would you mind coming with me to the paladin temple at Ethian?" Swiphere asked.
"What!?" Jack asked, "while I become a paladin?"
"I do not know," Swiphere said, "but yet...who was your father?"
"I don't have a father," Jack said.
"Master is he the chosen one?" Adam asked.
"I believe so," Swiphere said, "please follow come with us to Ethian."
"Alright," Jack said.

Jack followed Swiphere and Adam back to the transport and boarder it and at once they departed to Ethian.

Shadow x 20
The transport arrived at Ethian and Swiphere, Adam, and Jack headed for the council meeting room at once.

"Senator Balkan is ahead in the poles," Emer said, "tomorrow we shall find out who the new president of the union is."
The doors open and Swiphere enters along with Adam and Jack.
"Swiphere," Devan said, "I'm glade you returned but with one more?"
"I have a strange feeling on this lad," Swiphere said referring to Jack, "I have seen his celestial force and it far exceeds Emer's plus he bears the mark of the chosen one."
"Chosen one?" Jack asked.
"What is his name?" Devan questioned.
"Jack O'Neil," Swiphere replied, "I do believe he is the one that shall pull the Celestial Sword from the pedestal."
"We need to test young O'Neil first," Emer said, "for it was said that the chosen one will have the skills as great as a master."
"Jack will battle the paladin combat teacher Nathan," Devan said as Nathan stood up.
"Battle him I shall," Nathan said throwing Jack a training saber.
"When do we fight?" Jack asked having no clue what was happening.
"Now!" Emer shouted.

Nathan jumped across the room and landed in front of Jack and plunged his saber at him. Jack blocked the attack and went in with a spiral strike. Nathan blocked the attack and it continued on like this back and forth for about five minutes until finally Jack stabbed Nathan. Nathan smiled.
"He defeated me," Nathan said.
"Hmm...give us time to further test the boy Swiphere," Emer said. Swiphere bowed and left with Adam.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.